The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Klark Teknik KT-2A
Old 17th August 2020
My 10 cc here.

I have a pair of KT2A and they are great. I have them since premiere in 2018 and there are no technical problems with them either. Meanwhile my WA76 and EQP-WA both experience problems with attenuators and broken switches.

Regarding the sound: I'd call it precise, high-fidelity, analytical. Even high input level does not affect the balance in the frequency spectrum. I have no idea how originial LA2A sonds but who cares these days.

I can believe that LA2A if by some miracle it is in a good condition may sound better, whatever it means. But I do not understand guys telling that their "UA plugins sound better than generic stuff like Klark Technic or Warm Audio". With all respect for UA plugins which I love - they don't; it's not technically possible. Besidees any decent hardware compressor will sound better than any plugin. It does not mean that I do't use vst compressors. They are "sufficient" in some areas but not in all.

Tom
Old 17th August 2020
Lives for gear

I've just ordered a Kenetek T4-B for my KT-2a. Looking forward to trying it out with the Harma Retro tubes soon
Old 27th August 2020
Here for the gear

I'm really interested in snagging a pair of these to have at home for when I don't feel like driving into the studio to run stuff through our LA-2A, but they haven't been available on Thomann for a few weeks. Does anyone know if they have been discontinued or if they are just out of stock?
Old 28th August 2020
Here for the gear

Man this sounds REALLY GOOD !!! Did you do any mods to your unit or it is all stock ?
Old 28th August 2020
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by B36arin View Post
I'm really interested in snagging a pair of these to have at home for when I don't feel like driving into the studio to run stuff through our LA-2A, but they haven't been available on Thomann for a few weeks. Does anyone know if they have been discontinued or if they are just out of stock?
aSalesman in the shop, has said that these will be available again when all other classics are released. (Behringer jup8 ) something in The year 2032. You cabbuy 2hand. LotS of people don’t like it. (Less exponentieel vs negatieve exponentieel sound ) Before the run out i did buy 2 more. Now I have 4 x : og 47 og v72 kl 1A kl 76 kl 2a ..unbelievable.
Old 29th August 2020
ZEF
Lives for gear
I just put in an order for a KT2A and it went through....then I got a call and the sales rep said it was the last one in stock.
Didnt say anything about being discontinued, I think they are slow coming and fast selling.
Old 30th August 2020
Here for the gear

I just looked at the Klark Teknik web site and noticed that they have KT-2A and 2A-KT models. They look the same except for the letters below the meter. Does anyone know if they made some minor change to the design or something?

https://www.klarkteknik.com/catalog....5&pageNumber=1

/Mattias
Old 30th August 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias K View Post
I just looked at the Klark Teknik web site and noticed that they have KT-2A and 2A-KT models. They look the same except for the letters below the meter. Does anyone know if they made some minor change to the design or something?

/Mattias
Hi Mattias, I think it´s the same product, the one placed below it´s just there because is in the "Best seller" section.

Best regards.
Old 30th August 2020
Lives for gear

I noticed that DV247 has these back in stock and Gear4Music are expecting stock sometime between September 19th-26th.
Old 30th August 2020
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias K View Post

/Mattias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borja View Post
Hi Mattias, I think it´s the same product, the one placed below it´s just there because is in the "Best seller" section.

Best regards.

Well spotted Mattias - I'm assuming it's the same product but they've maybe reconfigured the naming scheme to align with the EQP-KT and the 76-KT. As an owner of all 3 of these products who has just been re-labelling my patchbays I'd found it slightly confusing that my (older) unit was named a KT-2A whilst the others were *-KTs. My partner in crime who was helping me and isn't familiar with the original models also remarked that it seemed somewhat odd.
Old 9th September 2020
Guys, can I just switch out the 12ax7? I have a plethora of NOS RCA and others. Just wanna see if it might change things the way changing out V1 in a tube amp sometimes really makes a difference
Old 17th September 2020
Size of torx screw????

Bought a handful of star/torx screwdriver heads and none fit. Anybody know which size to get this off so i can get my Kenetek T4 cell in here? thanks
Old 18th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Gordon View Post
Bought a handful of star/torx screwdriver heads and none fit. Anybody know which size to get this off so i can get my Kenetek T4 cell in here? thanks
It's a T9 torx. Same as their 76-KT and EPQ-KT.
Old 19th September 2020
Gear Nut

Any indication of these coming back into stock at Thomann or elsewhere?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino_ View Post
Any indication of these coming back into stock at Thomann or elsewhere?
From what I’ve seen they are just behind on supply and demand. They sold much more than anticipated and also COVID hit and then the buy out from Behringer all have complicated accessibility. They will eventually return keep your eye out.
Old 3 weeks ago
how's this thing on a rhodes? anyone tried, any sound clips?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharma one View Post
how's this thing on a rhodes? anyone tried, any sound clips?
I have the Kt2A and 1176 and I usually use my 76 on most applications like guitar keys etc. the kt2A gets most it’s use on vox for me. I could probably muster up a clip. I have a Rhodes 73 suitcase mic’d into a fender twin deluxe clone. What are you trying to achieve using the La2a on a Rhodes? Cheers
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind Power View Post
I have the Kt2A and 1176 and I usually use my 76 on most applications like guitar keys etc. the kt2A gets most it’s use on vox for me. I could probably muster up a clip. I have a Rhodes 73 suitcase mic’d into a fender twin deluxe clone. What are you trying to achieve using the La2a on a Rhodes? Cheers
For Rhodes - I would use it for levelling the peaks and thickening it. Apparently la2a was on the rhodes signal chain on classic Herbie albums, that's the reason I'm asking.

I tend to DI my rhodes most of the time with high impedance DI, and compress with plugins if needed, sounds alright already.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
For Rhodes - I would use it for levelling the peaks and thickening it. Apparently la2a was on the rhodes signal chain on classic Herbie albums, that's the reason I'm asking.

I tend to DI my rhodes most of the time with high impedance DI, and compress with plugins if needed, sounds alright already.
I’ve used mine into it and it sounds great, tho I mostly run my Rhodes into the CL1B. Lately tho I have been amping it and then running it into the CL1B.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:

Cool! I love Herbie! I haven’t done my research but did he use an amp? Most likely he was rockin the 88key joint with the speaker box attachment for the Rhodes. I’m not sure if it was DI it mic’d (Best of the best) then again situations arised like with Miles and Bitches Brew. Which version of Herbie are you talking? I can replicate what you want for a test drive signal flow minus his skill set. Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Mumbles View Post
I’ve used mine into it and it sounds great, tho I mostly run my Rhodes into the CL1B. Lately tho I have been amping it and then running it into the CL1B.
You’re using the softtube plugin or you have a version of the reissue analog rack mount? Tubetech? I totally want to drop the bread on the Cl1b. I use it on everything I do. Seriously!
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
You’re using the softtube plugin or you have a version of the reissue analog rack mount? Tubetech? I totally want to drop the bread on the Cl1b. I use it on everything I do. Seriously!
Actually I have the CL1A Which is the predecessor to the CL1B. The main difference is CL1A is all hard wired (no PC board) and the tubes are on the outside. He made these from 1987-1991 then he started the CL1B for mass production. I think mine is an early one as it doesn’t say “Lydkraft” on the VU Meter. It’s an incredible piece of gear and if I am using one mic, it most likely gets put through that. I even like it on mono drum OH as I like the warmness and even slowness of it on there. I couldn’t recommend this enough.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Actually I have the CL1A Which is the predecessor to the CL1B. The main difference is CL1A is all hard wired (no PC board) and the tubes are on the outside. He made these from 1987-1991 then he started the CL1B for mass production. I think mine is an early one as it doesn’t say “Lydkraft” on the VU Meter. It’s an incredible piece of gear and if I am using one mic, it most likely gets put through that. I even like it on mono drum OH as I like the warmness and even slowness of it on there. I couldn’t recommend this enough.
That’s awesome! I’m a huge fan of Tubetech. One day she will be mine oh yes she will be mine...(Wayne’s world) 😅
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
That’s awesome! I’m a huge fan of Tubetech. One day she will be mine oh yes she will be mine...(Wayne’s world) 😅
Hahaha. Right on. It’s a wonderful box. I am a huge fan of compression going on and love a hot output on the Comp (+10 usually) this way I can lower the preamp, raise the fader some, but that +10db output on the Comp gets all that mojo out of them lol. All that presence.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Hahaha. Right on. It’s a wonderful box. I am a huge fan of compression going on and love a hot output on the Comp (+10 usually) this way I can lower the preamp, raise the fader some, but that +10db output on the Comp gets all that mojo out of them lol. All that presence.
Yea they really do fatten everything up. Have you tried the Soft Tube Cl1b or any other plugin simulation? I know it’s no where near the real thing but I am curious since you have one to compare.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Yea they really do fatten everything up. Have you tried the Soft Tube Cl1b or any other plugin simulation? I know it’s no where near the real thing but I am curious since you have one to compare.
No I haven’t. My computer set up wouldn’t even allow it since it’s from 2003 and never been updated lol. I use tape mostly these days again. I still run digi 001 all blown out with the old waves and Bomb Factory plug ins lol....so I’m a little out of the norm (out of touch) when it comes to modern stuff. Funny thing is that computer is pretty much the most modern thing in my studio lol. Except for KT clones and some GAP clones lol.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
No I haven’t. My computer set up wouldn’t even allow it since it’s from 2003 and never been updated lol. I use tape mostly these days again. I still run digi 001 all blown out with the old waves and Bomb Factory plug ins lol....so I’m a little out of the norm (out of touch) when it comes to modern stuff. Funny thing is that computer is pretty much the most modern thing in my studio lol. Except for KT clones and some GAP clones lol.
Kind of high jacked the thread sorry future readers but Wow! Digi 001 takes me way back! I’m not going to lie everything from Digidesign except hd after that was a step down IMO. Attack of the clones! I have the Alctron II 1073EQ mic pre and it sounds great for what it is. Also have the EQPKT and it’s great. Curious about the GAP stuff and how it compares with warm etc. Cheers
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Kind of high jacked the thread sorry future readers but Wow! Digi 001 takes me way back! I’m not going to lie everything from Digidesign except hd after that was a step down IMO. Attack of the clones! I have the Alctron II 1073EQ mic pre and it sounds great for what it is. Also have the EQPKT and it’s great. Curious about the GAP stuff and how it compares with warm etc. Cheers
I got a pair of the EQPKT as well and love them. I also have a tube tech PE1B (hand wired like the CL1A) and the EQPKT functions as it should and it’s great. I have a pair of GAP Comp 3A and they’re great little boxes too. Really loving the clones these days lol. Not sure how they compare with the Warm stuff as I didn’t listen to any A-B’ing of the GAP stuff to warm (didn’t know warm had a LA3A clone, if they do) but I did listen to some A-B’ing of the KT stuff to the Warm and i liked them better (the KT76 and the KT2A compared to warm) also the KT didn’t have Wall Warts and to me they even look better AND they’re cheaper too compared to Warm lol
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Fun 2 read...
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenSisi View Post
Fun 2 read...
Lol. Thanks. Im a dinosaur lol.
📝 Reply