The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Klark Teknik KT-2A
Old 1st November 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by who? View Post
Ok so I caved and replaced the tubes and photo cell. The unit sounds wonderful on its own - but in a world where subtleties are everything - the difference is substantial and favorable imo.
Is it a difficult job for a laymen / someone who's never modded before? I have two kt2a's, was thinking of selling one but might mod it instead if it makes much difference.
Old 1st November 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrizzi View Post
Wondering is there significant processing in the box or just a bit of eq after?

Sounds nice :D
There is some eq, some deessing and then the effects. thanks!
Old 6th November 2019
Here for the gear

Hi Guys, I bought the KT 2A and decided to replace the stock Bugera tube 12BH7A with a 1958 NOS RCA 12BH7A but be to honest I couldn't hear any big difference and in fact I thought the Bugera was much smoother and bigger sounding where the RCA distorted much earlier, so leave it alone its a great uni,t very smooth on vocals has no hiss and for the price what a bargain, grab it before it goes up in price. KC
Old 6th November 2019
Shhh, stop bursting tube myths.

Old 4 weeks ago
So i picked one of these up and it just got delivered yesterday. Build quality seemes decent, though I noticed the VU meter is seated a little bit low in the window? Like you can see into the unit just a little bit if you look at the top of the meter. I tried looking online for real life photos and I believe I saw a couple that look like this, just curious if its a common thing? Obv just aesthetic but wondering if i should try to loosen and move up a little? Or just leave it... Also, when I touch the VU meter with my hand and wiped it a bit with a cloth, while powered off, I noticed the meter started jumping around? Kinda weird. Then stayed raised a bit, while very slowly lowering. Not sure if this is normal, with these units or other 2A clones?

Sounds pretty decent, pretty much what I expected. Not a know your socks off piece but at the price, it does do its thing. Might be cool to kind of tame some essy-ness on vocals, or definitely usable for bass. Thinking it may need a lil eq following vocals to breath some hi freq back in ( if needed ) but so far I'm liking the sound.
Old 2 hours ago
Here for the gear

Just got one of these guys. What tubes have people been using with these? Also When do you typically use this over the 1176?
Old 48 minutes ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge11 View Post
Just got one of these guys. What tubes have people been using with these? Also When do you typically use this over the 1176?
Congrats on your purchase. I haven't regretted mine since I got it.

I swapped out the tubes for an EHX set, except for the power tube. I didn't notice any difference but other users here say they have.

LA-2As tend to sound best after an 1176. I use the 76 style compression in my UA 4710D to catch peaks, followed by the KT-2A to soften it out. Use that method for bass and vocals. For guitar I don't use my KT-2A at all. To answer your question, I suppose you could use LA-2A compression in place of 76 comp for pads or key sounds, basically things with less transients.
Old 13 minutes ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge11 View Post
Just got one of these guys. What tubes have people been using with these?
The tubes that came with it.

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search