The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Wavesfactory releases Spectre Multi-band Enhancer Plug-in
Old 10th March 2018
Old 11th March 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
So far I've never gone above the default 50/50 mix control and often get below 40/60 wet/dry when using this on the mix bus.
The impression I had is that passed 50% you'll be having the sound of the band more prominent than the sound of the entire source. In other words, this should be only useful to isolate the frequencies which processing will be manipulating.
Old 12th March 2018
One or more white dots misbehaving.

Hi,

Ever since I bought Spectre a week ago or so, now when I sometimes call up an instance ONE of the white dots ( mostly the utmost right one) behaves as a normal overall volume knob ?! Meaning : I do a subtle rise on 10K and the whole audio gets VERY LOUD ( not the behaviour I have seen during the test) , It really only behaves as a total volume knob across the board, not a side chained subtle harmonics addition of some highs.. Anyone else seen this? Did I miss a setting that may cause this behaviour? Any help welcome.
Old 14th March 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfrans View Post
Hi,

Ever since I bought Spectre a week ago or so, now when I sometimes call up an instance ONE of the white dots ( mostly the utmost right one) behaves as a normal overall volume knob ?! Meaning : I do a subtle rise on 10K and the whole audio gets VERY LOUD ( not the behaviour I have seen during the test) , It really only behaves as a total volume knob across the board, not a side chained subtle harmonics addition of some highs.. Anyone else seen this? Did I miss a setting that may cause this behaviour? Any help welcome.
Please, download the latest version from the website:
Spectre - Spectral Enhancer Plug-in AAX/AU/VST - Wavesfactory
Old 14th March 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavesfactory View Post
Please, download the latest version from the website:

Hi,

I am using 1.0.2 already so I guess something else must have changed. The problem persists with the right most white freq-dot.
Old 14th March 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Hi,

I am using 1.0.2 already so I guess something else must have changed. The problem persists with the right most white freq-dot.
I get exactly this problem also, Spectre 1.02, MacOS 10.9.5, Live 9.6. Spectre setting "Subtle", but it's anything but…;-)

/Joachim
Old 14th March 2018
The Trouble with trebles.

Hi Jesús, @ Wavesfactory @ Spitfire31

As Reported above the High-Shelf white dot regulates the entire volume of the track Spectre 1.0.2 is on. The configuration of MAC OS X ( Sierra) and DAW ( Logic 10.4.1) hasn't changed. The dot just started acting as a volume control.

VIDEO REMOVED BECAUSE BUG RESOLVED, See posting Wavesfactory below

Quote:
Hey guys, have you all downloaded and installed the latest version from the website? I know they both say version 1.0.2 but there was this bug the first time it was uploaded and I fixed it a few hours later.

Last edited by macfrans; 15th March 2018 at 04:08 PM..
Old 14th March 2018
ukm
Gear Nut

Same problem here.
Old 15th March 2018
Gear Addict

Hey guys, have you all downloaded and installed the latest version from the website? I know they both say version 1.0.2 but there was this bug the first time it was uploaded and I fixed it a few hours later.
Old 15th March 2018
Bug in Spectre resolved

Quote:

Thanks for pointing that out. We don't have anything but the version number to go by... So downloading ....

Cheers

F

(taking down movie)
Old 6th April 2018
Gear Addict

Hi guys,

We were getting some errors in Mac - Pro Tools saying that Spectre was an invalid AAX 64 bit plug-in. I fixed this issue and created a new installer for Mac.
If you have this issue you can update here:
https://spectre-wavesfactory.s3.amaz...e%201.0.2b.pkg

I'm already working in the saturation per band feature
Old 6th April 2018
Lives for gear

Hi Jesus,

could you please have a look at the LPX (10.4.1) Undo/Redo plugin Feature..? seems to not working with Spectre here.. not a big deal of course but could be neat sometimes..
Thank you.
Old 2nd August 2018
Gear Addict

Man this is interesting. So few posts compared to other plugins. Am i craxy or something? I have pretty much all of the best saturators and to me this thing is next level. I cant believe the results i am able to get with this. Incredible. I just need to buy it now! haha. So many sales over the summer, but i want to buy this soon. So impressed!
Old 2nd August 2018
Lives for gear

Aye, love this plugin.
@ wavesfactory - any update on different types of saturation per band?
Old 2nd August 2018
Lives for gear

Spectre absolutely rocks
Old 2nd August 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carlyon View Post
Man this is interesting. So few posts compared to other plugins. Am i craxy or something? I have pretty much all of the best saturators and to me this thing is next level. I cant believe the results i am able to get with this. Incredible. I just need to buy it now! haha. So many sales over the summer, but i want to buy this soon. So impressed!
It's a small developer who has already produced TrackSpacer, a long time secret little weapon for creating space in mix fast. I do feel the smaller developers have it rough in the music biz so I try to support them as much a possible because ideas like Spectre and for instance Gulffoss ( from SoundTheory MUST see!!) are worthy innovations that take a new approach hitherto unknown or at least unused.

After long testing since the first version I now use it at least twice in a mix with steel strings or harsh sounds. It also can make the use of UAD's VOG or similar Bass-Boost plugin ( with the added hassle of added loudness) unnecessary .
Very flexible. I still hope for a better and longer organised list of starting points ( presets) in the menu for specific tasks. In conjunction with Gulffoss and Ozone Master Assistant I find I have a fast solid starting point for a mix.

Kudos WavesFactory!
Old 2nd August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's a small developer who has already produced TrackSpacer, a long time secret little weapon for creating space in mix fast. I do feel the smaller developers have it rough in the music biz so I try to support them as much a possible because ideas like Spectre and for instance Gulffoss ( from SoundTheory MUST see!!) are worthy innovations that take a new approach hitherto unknown or at least unused.

After long testing since the first version I now use it at least twice in a mix with steel strings or harsh sounds. It also can make the use of UAD's VOG or similar Bass-Boost plugin ( with the added hassle of added loudness) unnecessary .
Very flexible. I still hope for a better and longer organised list of starting points ( presets) in the menu for specific tasks. In conjunction with Gulffoss and Ozone Master Assistant I find I have a fast solid starting point for a mix.

Kudos WavesFactory!
Yeah, I use TrackSpacer on every mix too. So damn good (and so fast to dial in), and works a treat on busses.

Gullfoss is also exceptional.
Old 20th October 2018
Spectre still sounding and performing great here. It would be even greater with saturation per band and resizable GUI
Old 25th October 2018
Gear Addict

Hi guys!

Exciting news, Spectre 1.0.3 is here.

- Resizable GUI.
- Two new types of saturation: Rectify and Half Rectify.
- General CPU optimisation.

Download here:

Old 25th October 2018
Gear Nut

AU is not updating to 1.0.3 (3 attempts, restarts) still says 1.0.2. VST is updating...
Old 26th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenroom View Post
AU is not updating to 1.0.3 (3 attempts, restarts) still says 1.0.2. VST is updating...
Same here. Installs 1.0.2 in Logic. No new saturations
Old 26th October 2018
Lives for gear

Guys.. go to Library => "plugin" folder it's there instead of in "components"
installer issue i guess.. found it doing a "deep" search in my computer
FWIW, to increase size of the GUI, you'll have to click several times to go further in size..
you can now get rid of the white background also.. and new saturation modes are there
Old 26th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsblack View Post
FWIW, to increase size of the GUI, you'll have to click several times to go further in size..
you can now get rid of the white background also.. and new saturation modes are there
Good find. It's there and it does work. And thanks for the tips about getting rid of the white background. Much better now!
Old 26th October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsblack View Post
Thanks for pointing that out.
I just updated the installer and now it points to the right folder.

By the way, the background hide / show functionality was there from version 1.0
Old 27th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
By the way, the background hide / show functionality was there from version 1.0
Shame on me Jesus.
I like Spectre so much.. using it everywhere
Old 28th October 2018
Quote:
- Resizable GUI.
And fonts resizes too! Thank you!
Old 20th November 2018
Lives for gear

Finally looking into this one as they have a 50% off BF sale. I already have Ozone 8 and just wondering if Spectre has anything more to offer over Ozone 8 Exciter which also does multiband saturation with a choice of saturation types on each band?
Old 20th November 2018
Here for the gear

Wondering the same here.
Old 20th November 2018
Lives for gear

Different types of saturation and a joy to use.
Old 20th November 2018
Lives for gear

Great plugin, well worth grabbing!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search