The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The New Avedis Audio Electronics KP6™ & TransDrive®
Old 12th February 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustmedia View Post
Are the inputs front and back of the KeyPre mixed? Or are they normalled, so if I connect a synth in the front, the back input is disconnected?

The Avedis page doesn't say anything about this.
Hi there!

If you look at the photo of the unit there is a button on every channel. This button toggles between the front and back inputs. I have my racked synths plugged the back and my keyboards plugged in the front. 12 units plugged into one box!
Old 12th February 2018
Lives for gear

post #9 says the toggle switch on the front for switching between front or back inputs

edit - lol cross post
Old 12th February 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-tra View Post
Hi there!

If you look at the photo of the unit there is a button on every channel. This button toggles between the front and back inputs. I have my racked synths plugged the back and my keyboards plugged in the front. 12 units plugged into one box!
Hahaha, missed that

Saw the button, but didn't realized the line to the input indicates "activate front input and deactivated rear input".
Old 12th February 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustmedia View Post
Hahaha, missed that

Saw the button, but didn't realized the line to the input indicates "activate front input and deactivated rear input".

Haha! It's such a cool piece. I have been demoing it to clients all weekend. I think people are still wrapping their heads around it. We're so used to just plugging in to whatever we have. This unit has wowed everyone I've demoed with so far. Cheers
Old 12th February 2018
Lives for gear

Two questions -

Are the inputs stepped? A lot of keyboards are run in stereo and being able to stereo match very quickly (especially for those of us who get stuck with tight deadlines) is very important.

Also, what's the Ingenius® input stage all about? There's no info on what it actually is or does, and why it gets the name.

Thanks!
Old 12th February 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
Two questions -

Are the inputs stepped? A lot of keyboards are run in stereo and being able to stereo match very quickly (especially for those of us who get stuck with tight deadlines) is very important.

Also, what's the Ingenius® input stage all about? There's no info on what it actually is or does, and why it gets the name.

Thanks!

Hi there!

No the inputs aren’t stepped. I haven’t had any issues matching stereo levels. The ingenious input is designed by bill Whitlock of Jensen. It is a high end chip with really excellent specs. It’s the only way to have proper impedance to not bottleneck older keyboards. We’re talking 40k ohms.
Old 13th February 2018
I just installed the KP6 at a local recording studio! Tight!
Attached Thumbnails
The New Avedis Audio Electronics KP6™ & TransDrive®-kp6.jpg  
Old 13th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I just installed the KP6 at a local recording studio! Tight!
Very nice!

love the MA5's and MD7's in that colour scheme!
Are these MD7's the ones made for helping battling Alvin's cancer ?

I hope he's doing better.. or at least ok..

Big hug from Switzerland if you happen to see/hear from him..

Cheu
Old 13th February 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheu78 View Post
Very nice!

love the MA5's and MD7's in that colour scheme!
Are these MD7's the ones made for helping battling Alvin's cancer ?

I hope he's doing better.. or at least ok..

Big hug from Switzerland if you happen to see/hear from him..

Cheu
Yes, those were the color scheme for Alvin’s benefit. Alvin lost his battle :(
Old 13th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, those were the color scheme for Alvin’s benefit. Alvin lost his battle :(
oh nooo...
sad to hear that..

I remember when I was in LA, we had a good time...

Condoleances to his friends and family..

Cheu
Old 14th July 2018
Lives for gear

Bump
Any Avedis Transdrive users here?
Old 15th July 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Progmatic-Studios View Post
Bump
Any Avedis Transdrive users here?
Not yet. There is a delay with the jensen transformers. I think there may be a limited run with vintage western electric transformers. PM if interested
Old 16th July 2018
KeyPre

I just wired up one of these over the weekend in my home studio. I'm looking forward to giving it a good solid whirl. It's a beautifully built box, and looks great in the rack!

More importantly, I was blown away with the in-depth explanation that I received from Avedis Audio when I inquired about the unit a couple months ago.

Cheers,

Phil
Old 16th July 2018
The Keypre is an amazing piece. The detail and specs are insane. We took it to many studios and tweaked it to perfection. People are skeptical and question why a product like this needs to exist and they continue to plug into a DI that is designed for instrument pickups or an IC filled line mixer. The skepticism finally goes away when people hear the keypre for the first time. The detail across the board is wonderful. There was a demo that happened in LA and we got a call a week after saying that they had a $4000 synth that finally sounds like a $4000 synth. They were using a standard issue mixer before. Let us know what you think of it, Phil.
Old 12th December 2018
Lives for gear

Hey Phil,

Just wanted to see how the Keypre has been treating you. Not a lot of reports on the web yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palaver View Post
I just wired up one of these over the weekend in my home studio. I'm looking forward to giving it a good solid whirl. It's a beautifully built box, and looks great in the rack!

More importantly, I was blown away with the in-depth explanation that I received from Avedis Audio when I inquired about the unit a couple months ago.

Cheers,

Phil
Old 16th January 2019
Lives for gear

Just a friendly bump to see if there are any KP6 users out there!
Old 21st March 2019
Gear Maniac

Really dying to hear some samples of the Transdrive...
Old 22nd August 2019
Is there a 2 ch version of the keypre?
Also is the TransDrive ready for new orders?
Old 22nd August 2019
Really want to order this, is there any distribution in Canada? Hopefully studio economik will get this..
Quote:
The Keypre is an amazing piece. The detail and specs are insane. We took it to many studios and tweaked it to perfection. People are skeptical and question why a product like this needs to exist and they continue to plug into a DI that is designed for instrument pickups or an IC filled line mixer. The skepticism finally goes away when people hear the keypre for the first time. The detail across the board is wonderful. There was a demo that happened in LA and we got a call a week after saying that they had a $4000 synth that finally sounds like a $4000 synth. They were using a standard issue mixer before. Let us know what you think of it, Phil.
Old 23rd August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsthalion View Post
Really want to order this, is there any distribution in Canada? Hopefully studio economik will get this..

No 2 channel keypre check the avedis website/ dealer page for canada. Contact avedis audio directly for the transdrive. If there isn't a Canadian dealer I'm sure I can help or contact avedis audio. Thanks
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

Any user comments on the Keypre? Can't find any on the web, but still curious about this unit.
Old 27th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELI-173 View Post
Any user comments on the Keypre? Can't find any on the web, but still curious about this unit.
People are slowly starting to use these boxes. I know NIN camp started using them. Are you near Los Angeles I can demo one for you
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search