The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audient Announces New Audio Interface: iD44 Audio Interfaces
Old 1 week ago
  #181
Here for the gear
 

i hope audient make new better driver for windows, i'm audient id14 user and i think asio driver better than audient driver for latency..
Old 3 days ago
  #182
Gear Addict
 

The official tech specs are here and seem to be finalized:
Tech Specs - Audient

So far, I'm very pleased with what I'm seeing! I don't think any other 4 mic/line-in interface is beating this right now. For the price, it definitely seems better than some more expensive offerings.
Old 3 days ago
  #183
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenVile View Post
The official tech specs are here and seem to be finalized:
Tech Specs - Audient

So far, I'm very pleased with what I'm seeing! I don't think any other 4 mic/line-in interface is beating this right now. For the price, it definitely seems better than some more expensive offerings.
18 dB of headroom (-18 dBFS converter reference level)

121dB A-weighted dynamic range.

3.2ms of roundtrip latency at 96 kHz. Not too shabby!

The only spec I am curious about is 96 dB signal to noise ratio for the mic preamp. Is that with the gain knob all the way counterclockwise or maxed out with nothing plugged in? Or is that spec measured some other way?

As long as the drivers are stable at 32 samples then it will be a hit!
Old 3 days ago
  #184
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
18 dB of headroom (-18 dBFS converter reference level)

121dB A-weighted dynamic range.

3.2ms of roundtrip latency at 96 kHz. Not too shabby!

The only spec I am curious about is 96 dB signal to noise ratio for the mic preamp. Is that with the gain knob all the way counterclockwise or maxed out with nothing plugged in? Or is that spec measured some other way?

As long as the drivers are stable at 32 samples then it will be a hit!
Guessing from iD22 ("same preamps") that is all the way down.
Old 2 days ago
  #185
Gear Maniac
 
Barmaley's Avatar
DI max input lvl: +10dBu

Is there some pad switch or something? +10dBu is not good at all.
Old 2 days ago
  #186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmaley View Post
DI max input lvl: +10dBu

Is there some pad switch or something? +10dBu is not good at all.
Why? What puts out a DI signal anywhere close to +10 dBu?
Old 2 days ago
  #187
Gear Maniac
 
Barmaley's Avatar
Any high-output guitar humbucker will peak over that number easily and the signal will clip. Unless there is a pad, of course.
Old 2 days ago
  #188
Might as well plug it into the line in at that point. I'm no expert. All my guitars are Fenders and only one has a humbucker. It's not that loud.
Old 2 days ago
  #189
Gear Maniac
 
Barmaley's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesewhiteman View Post
Might as well plug it into the line in at that point. I'm no expert. All my guitars are Fenders and only one has a humbucker. It's not that loud.
Line in is a different beast. The result will be far from optimal.


Well, very sad. I had high hopes for 44. Focusrite was bashed for low max. DI input levels and they eventually made them acceptable (+13). Here we have a very cool new product with +10. Sad panda.
Old 2 days ago
  #190
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmaley View Post
Any high-output guitar humbucker will peak over that number easily and the signal will clip. Unless there is a pad, of course.
There is a pad...I'm not sure if it affects the DI signal though.

If humbuckers are a problem I would recommend guitars with volume knobs.
Old 2 days ago
  #191
Lives for gear
 
stella645's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmaley View Post
Here we have a very cool new product with +10. Sad panda.
iD22 DI is +16dBu (typical), +22dBu

So something doesn't seem right!
Old 1 day ago
  #192
Gear Head
Regarding the published SPECS...not much matters until you have the actual unit in-hand and can test performance in the real world hooked up in YOUR specific setup.

There are a lot of variables that can affect performance....your particular computer and what other devices/software it is using concurrently, the overall tracking/mixing channel count, the # of plug-ins that are running, and/or # of V.I.'s that are running.

The iD44 really does look to provide fantastic bang for your buck over most of its competitors! It just doesn't seem to be really significant or entirely compelling for a lot of users looking to upgrade from the iD22...at least in my opinion. I guess that the upgraded converters and 2 more input channels will satisfy most users.

I really do hope that Audient is working on a iD88 "PRO" that will check all of the boxes (see my previous posts) and really push the performance bounderies, even if its price has to reflect that. As it is, I'm afraid I'll be giving the iD44 a pass even though the price is really compelling. It was so close, and yet so far from what I was hoping for, but you can't please everyone.

What I'd really like to see (I think) is something like the Antelope Zen Studio+, but with an Optional physical "Control Surface". Something like this one for the Zoom F8:






Is there a Gearslutz Poll yet for "Submit the Desired Features & I/O for YOUR Perfect Recording Interface"?
Old 1 day ago
  #193
Anyone know if this will work with iOS? Trying to get something as high-end as possible for iPad Pro recording. So far the main contenders are Apogee Quartet and the new Steinberg UR-RT4 when it comes out... Also the Roland Rubix 44 and of course the Behringer XR18, although both are suspiciously inexpensive. RME Babyface looks great, but it sucks IMO when compared to some of the other interfaces in its price range (there are a couple of decent shoot-outs on YouTube).
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump