The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Universal Audio Ships Arrow Desktop Audio Interface For Music Creators Audio Interfaces
Old 16th January 2018
News Desk Editor

Universal Audio Ships Arrow Desktop Audio Interface For Music Creators

Universal Audio Ships Arrow Desktop Audio Interface For Music Creators-arrow-top-w-badge.jpg

Universal Audio Ships Arrow Desktop Audio Interface For Music Creators

Arrow Thunderbolt 3 interface delivers album-quality results with class-leading sound quality, Unison™ mic preamps, and Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing

Universal Audio, a leading manufacturer of professional audio recording hardware and software, is proud to introduce the Arrow Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows — now available in stores worldwide.

Featuring two Unison mic preamps, Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing, and class-leading Universal Audio conversion, this portable 2x4 bus-powered Thunderbolt 3 audio interface provides a generous collection of UAD plug-ins to record album-quality vocals, guitars and more at near-zero latency.

Derived from Universal Audio’s award-winning Apollo interfaces, Arrow features an onboard UAD-2 SOLO Core processor, letting musicians monitor and record through the full library of UAD Powered Plug-Ins — at near-zero latency, no matter their audio software buffer setting.

Arrow also features acclaimed Unison mic preamp technology, giving musicians the tone, touch and feel of the world’s most sought-after tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amplifiers.

The included UAD studio mixing tools — featuring classic compressors, EQs, and reverbs — enable musicians, electronic producers, and songwriters to produce polished tracks quickly and easily, right out of the box. Highlights include the UA 610-B Tube Preamp and Marshall® Plexi Classic plug-ins — and Arrow can be expanded with exclusive titles from Neve, SSL, Fender and Ampeg.

The UAD library offers more than 100 titles, including everything from classic Moog filters to Ampex tape to Lexicon reverbs — with more being added every few months. These are the same UAD plug-ins used on hit records by Kendrick Lamar, Coldplay, Dr. Dre, Brad Paisley and many more.

Arrow is now shipping, with an estimated street price of $499.

Arrow Desktop Audio Interface — Key Features:
  • Desktop 2x4 Thunderbolt 3-powered audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
  • Unison mic preamp technology provides the tone, touch and feel of the world’s most sought-after tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amplifiers from Neve®, API®, Manley®, Marshall®, Fender®, and more*
  • Realtime UAD Processing allows near-zero latency tracking with classic UAD plug-in effects, regardless of software buffer setting
  • Includes studio compressors, EQs, reverbs, and guitar amp emulations, and more as part of the “Realtime Analog Classics” bundle — featuring 14 quality UAD Plug-Ins
  • Bus-powered connection to modern Mac and Windows systems for easy portability and reduced cable clutter
*Arrow includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle. All other plug-ins are sold separately at Universal Audio | Audio Interfaces | UAD Plug-Ins. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Learn more about Arrow: Arrow | Desktop Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface | Universal Audio

Attached Thumbnails
Universal Audio Ships Arrow Desktop Audio Interface For Music Creators-arrow-back.jpg   Universal Audio Ships Arrow Desktop Audio Interface For Music Creators-arrow-console.jpg   Universal Audio Ships Arrow Desktop Audio Interface For Music Creators-arrow-front.jpg   Universal Audio Ships Arrow Desktop Audio Interface For Music Creators-arrow-incl-realtime-analog-classics-bundle.jpg   Universal Audio Ships Arrow Desktop Audio Interface For Music Creators-arrow-top-angle-lft.jpg  

Universal Audio Ships Arrow Desktop Audio Interface For Music Creators-arrow-top-angle-rt.jpg   Universal Audio Ships Arrow Desktop Audio Interface For Music Creators-arrow-top-w-badge.jpg  
Old 16th January 2018
Here for the gear

Universal audio arrow

Old 16th January 2018
Old 16th January 2018
Thats's fine. But you really want to explore and listen your actual recordings?!?
It sounds like the very early of 16-bit sound card recordings.

How in the world would this be a step forward in rec. tech.? It sounds very bad, MP3 bad

I like the Thunderbolt interf. though.
Old 16th January 2018
Gear Addict
Wunder if this is the same conversion quality of the apollo twin mk2 ?
Old 16th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindell View Post
Thats's fine. But you really want to explore and listen your actual recordings?!?

How in the world would this be a step forward in rec. tech.? It sounds very bad, MP3 bad

I like the Thunderbolt interf. though.
bad mix or bad gear?..maybe over used/pushed UAD plugs on the way in?..very grainy - love to know what chip set this is
Old 16th January 2018
Lives for gear
This looks great for live use...
Old 16th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
It sounds very bad, MP3 bad
Isn't Youtube audio worse than mp3?
Old 16th January 2018
Lives for gear

Everything on YouTube is compressed yes but that not the issue. You can old own some pretty old digital gear from the early 2000s and still make a good track, I'm going with bad mix on this one.

Hopefully Twin and standard units get the TB3 upgrade soon. I'm on a desktop so I don't see my converter but eventually I'll own a laptop lol
Old 16th January 2018
Lives for gear

Wow. I like VK and UA, but man... without commenting on the sound, I would re-think a demo for a $499 interface, with its calling card being buss power and price. Perhaps use something besides $30k in microphones that require a small suitcase full of power supplies, shockmounts, and cables.
Old 16th January 2018
I though it was a sweet demo.
Old 16th January 2018
Gear Maniac
not convinced of the price point on this one considering Apollo twin solo is in the same ball park
Old 16th January 2018
Honestly I'd prefer something between the Apollos desktop and rack, I think it would please a lot of people (myself included) who need more inputs than what the desktop has to offer but can't afford the rack models, which are relatively expensive.

Nice little interface nonetheless, I'm curious about the AD/DA sound.
Old 16th January 2018
Lives for gear

Another win for sure!
Old 16th January 2018
Lives for gear

I like the design but I'm confused what its trying to beat they already do the brilliant Apollo twin series and this is priced nearly same as the Apollo twin solo.
Also I wish they'd make more USB products instead of focusing totally on thunderbolt/mac users .
Old 16th January 2018
Lives for gear

Single Core? So, it's not exactly ideal for mixing. I guess the 2 unisons allows for a nice tracking setup on the fly.

But, with TB3 only connection you will need one of the new Macs, or a top of the line PC motherboard.

I don't know, you look for Audient id14, and this doesn't look as good, specially considering the price tag.
Old 16th January 2018
Lives for gear

I’m very curious as I haven’t seen any comments on this... is one able to use this new arrow in conjunction with Apollo hardware or satellites?
Old 16th January 2018
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
Single Core? So, it's not exactly ideal for mixing.
I guess that's not its intended use.

Quote:
But, with TB3 only connection you will need one of the new Macs, or a top of the line PC motherboard.
That. I mean, it's clearly an interface designed for 2016 (and later) MacBook Pros, or other "fancy" laptops with thunderbolt 3. And being bus-powered is a killing feature IMO. I think there's a market for it.

But as other guys said, I would love to see a TB3 Apollo Twin instead.
Old 16th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
I’m very curious as I haven’t seen any comments on this... is one able to use this new arrow in conjunction with Apollo hardware or satellites?
I'd love to know this too. Especially if it can be used as a monitor controller for an Apollo rack unit?
Old 16th January 2018
Lives for gear

I’m not sure what to think of it. I can’t help but feel like this “budget twin” should cost €399 at the most imho.

And everytime they introduce something new with the old UAD-2 DSP, I become a bit sad, as it means it’s probably -again- at least a year away when they will finally announce a more powerfull successor of the UAD-2.

I’m no hater, my studio is basically build around UA hardware and UAD plugins. Love it all, but do occasionally dream of a more powerful successor. Yeah, guilty as charged.
Old 16th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marando View Post
And everytime they introduce something new with the old UAD-2 DSP, I become a bit sad, as it means it’s probably -again- at least a year away when they will finally announce a more powerfull successor of the UAD-2.
That makes me sad too.
Old 16th January 2018
Lives for gear

There are plenty of musicians who will love this box... I think a lot of us are looking at this through the tracking/mix engineer lens.

For someone who may not be as adept with recording, this box does:

1. Mono or stereo mic inputs
2. Hi-Z
3. Amp emulation
4. Bus powered, hassle free setup
5. Can be your main AD/DA for more basic setups.
6. Eq/Compression for tracking (huge for vocalists, at least for this vocalist)
7. Isn't over $1K

There is totally a market for this. Make music!!!
Old 16th January 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukecage View Post
I'd love to know this too. Especially if it can be used as a monitor controller for an Apollo rack unit?
According to the demo on SonicState, it can indeed become part of a larger Apollo Thunderbolt system, but cannot co-exist with an Apollo Twin (just as you can't have two Apollo Twins in a system). However, it can't act as the monitor section of an Apollo system or be the remote control for the monitor section of an Apollo rack.

I too thought it seemed a bit pricey until I Googled the current price of Apollo Twins which seems to have gone up quite a bit since I bought mine here in the UK at the start of last year.

The SonicState video demo is here:

Old 17th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark714 View Post
Wow. I like VK and UA, but man... without commenting on the sound, I would re-think a demo for a $499 interface, with its calling card being buss power and price. Perhaps use something besides $30k in microphones that require a small suitcase full of power supplies, shockmounts, and cables.
agree with this 100%. at this price point, and the people it's going to appeal to, why are we getting a demo with microphones that many established studios can't even afford? great demo, but come on!
Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

How in the world would this be a step forward in rec. tech.? It sounds very bad, MP3 bad.
I agree - a thin, overly-hot mess like it was mastered using LANDR hahaha.

However, MP3 in 320 sounds amazing...it's not the interface or the MP3 conversion. Sounds like some really bad file compression or something.

If it had talk-back like the Twin I would buy it immediately. Would love to use TB3 without that stupid adapter 2-to-3 TB I have to use now on my high end PC.
Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear

Why are people commenting on the quality of the demo? Its a Youtube video, doesn't make any sense lol

This thing is going to be awesome!
Old 17th January 2018
Gear Maniac

This is a step in the right direction and other companies need to take note. I'd like to see 4 inputs and a USB-C port as well for people who don't have thunderbolt 3. Possibly an ADAT in and a Midi IN/OUT. I'm sure the audio quality is great
Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear

so this is ONLY Buss Powered if using TB3 ?? trying to find out if it would work with TB2 .. anyone know this ??
Old 17th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
so this is ONLY Buss Powered if using TB3 ?? trying to find out if it would work with TB2 .. anyone know this ??
It won't support TB2 because of the bus power. USB-C PD offers more power than TB2.
Old 17th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimGitz View Post
It won't support TB2 because of the bus power. USB-C PD offers more power than TB2.
thank you !!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search