The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Stam Audio SA-EQP1A Equalizer
Old 5th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Josh,
I think you still have a lot of work to do on the communication part. I was in the exact same boat as Backwoods, fully paid, not hearing anything back. Only after several emails that I had to initiate and a call with Camila did I learn that the transformers were stuck in customs. Anyone waiting on a Pultec should have gotten an email about this delay. Its perfectly understandable that this is somewhat out of your control, but not communicating this to your customers just leaves us feeling like you don't care about us. You promised better communication, but if anything it seems like it's gotten worse.
Old 6th September 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by McWreckinBall View Post
Josh,
I think you still have a lot of work to do on the communication part. I was in the exact same boat as Backwoods, fully paid, not hearing anything back. Only after several emails that I had to initiate and a call with Camila did I learn that the transformers were stuck in customs. Anyone waiting on a Pultec should have gotten an email about this delay. Its perfectly understandable that this is somewhat out of your control, but not communicating this to your customers just leaves us feeling like you don't care about us. You promised better communication, but if anything it seems like it's gotten worse.
I agree but it's not like that

I gave Camila the instruction to call every client on the phone to let them know about this and unfortunately she has been off sick for a week so I have been phoning up customers to explain rather than sending an impersonal email which I am not a fan about. Camila is back today and after she clears her inbox will resume calling. I am getting some transformers today and more next Friday and I feel terrible about this because it just looks bad on us. I can only apologize.

If you ever speak to me or meet me you will understand my passion for this machines is almost as strong as my care for my customers, I always do everything in my power to make them happy and have made countless friends over the years but there are many of you, thousands, and it's a daily challenge

I am happy to give you a call anytime and I am doing everything I can for this Pultec's to leave ASAP
Old 7th September 2019
Lives for gear

I haven't seen any new Stam product announcements in many months, so that's a good sign.

I'll refer Joshua to this show once again, if he finds the time to watch a few episodes:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6gsqvl
Old 7th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
I agree but it's not like that

I gave Camila the instruction to call every client on the phone to let them know about this and unfortunately she has been off sick for a week so I have been phoning up customers to explain rather than sending an impersonal email which I am not a fan about. Camila is back today and after she clears her inbox will resume calling. I am getting some transformers today and more next Friday and I feel terrible about this because it just looks bad on us. I can only apologize.

If you ever speak to me or meet me you will understand my passion for this machines is almost as strong as my care for my customers, I always do everything in my power to make them happy and have made countless friends over the years but there are many of you, thousands, and it's a daily challenge

I am happy to give you a call anytime and I am doing everything I can for this Pultec's to leave ASAP

I got a call from the lovely Camila a week or two ago, to be in communication, explain the Sowter situation, answer any questions, and make sure I was okay with everything at this point. (Sorry to hear she has been out sick -hope you're all better, Señorita C! <3 ** ).

All those International calls must have added up to pretty penny. Anyway, I've got two EQP-1a's on order as well, and have had for probably about as long or longer as anyone on this thread. Getting the NOS tubes, as well.

I respect decisions others have made about getting refunds, or making suggestions for better business practices (as I have done as well in private e-mails to Josh on several occasions). But based on the other products I have from STAM, I know this wait will be well worth it and am excited that all the wait is now coming to a close (even if it ends up being longer than announced even at this point!). Hah!

** What? We can't get a heart emoji on Gearslutz?! (not that I can figure out, anyway)

Last edited by 4fmb; 4 weeks ago at 07:45 AM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4fmb View Post
** What? We can't get a heart emoji on Gearslutz?! (not that I can figure out, anyway)
❤️
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuintaQuad View Post
❤️

Easy for me to copy from you, but how'd you do that?

❤️
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4fmb View Post

Easy for me to copy from you, but how'd you do that?

❤️
On my iPad I just choose the emoji setting for the keyboard. On my MacBook Pro I push "control command spacebar" keys all together and the emoji selections come up. Not sure about PC.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuintaQuad View Post
On my iPad I just choose the emoji setting for the keyboard. On my MacBook Pro I push "control command spacebar" keys all together and the emoji selections come up. Not sure about PC.
And so they do! (I'm on a MacBook Pro as well...)

Thank you,

???

Okay, back to matters EQP1A-ish, everyone! ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Certainly Frank, we will them out as soon as we get the new batch of transformers from Sowter which is due in 2 weeks

I have many of these ready just waiting on the transformers.

Thanks for all your orders, you will enjoy these!
Hey Joshua,
are the transformers arrived?
Any news for my 2 Units via G4M?

Thanx for an info

Frank
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklyn P View Post
Hey Joshua,
are the transformers arrived?
Any news for my 2 Units via G4M?

Thanx for an info

Frank
The NOS ones arrived today
The standard next Friday

Sowter is trying their hardest to ship more ASAP to overcome this issue, I believe they are sending more next Wednesday

We should be clear of all of this in 2 weeks, I will alert Camila about the units gor G4M
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
The standard next Friday
Hi Joshua!,

Are there some audio comparing the sound of these options?

Thank you!,
Daniel.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I'm curious how these compare in terms of sound with the aml clones. If I'm correct both use the inter stage transformers, the Stam of course has the meq features which are separate units with classic pultecs and aml. The two stam total 2k or so, but 2 aml pultec and 2 meq near 4k. Is there a solid reason to think they'd sound remarkably different?
Old 3 weeks ago
Any news on the status of the shipping date Joshua?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Just entering this thread, hadn't really been on top of this item. I was a happy recipient of a Stam 1073eq pair, took a little bit, but not bad overall, and the product was excellent. Out of curiosity, approx how much of the waitlist seems to have gotten items so far, and how fast do they seem to be going out? I read somewhere they started shipping in june, are they dribbling out, or a steady flow? Curious if it makes sense to order soon or wait.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

These are actually in stock now, (or last I checked), but orders continue to come in. I only know this because of the website as well as asking before I order. Saving up pennies before they are out of stock again.

You should able to get one now.
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep
We might have 6 left at the end of next month when we send all that have been reserved

We will not make this unit again as we are moving on to other things but people are extremely happy with them!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
It says 'in stock' on the website, but there's tons of people on the waiting list, so I will go on the end of the waiting list (as it should be). But before I'd go on the waiting list, I'd want to know that items are shipping consistently, to at least be able to get a rough estimate of wait times these days.
Old 3 weeks ago
Why are you ceasing production on this?
Quote:
We might have 6 left at the end of next month when we send all that have been reserved

We will not make this unit again as we are moving on to other things but people are extremely happy with them!
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsthalion View Post
Why are you ceasing production on this?
I would like to focus on other designs

We already stopped the production of some units, SA-73, SA-47 FET, SA-3A, etc..
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

6 units left?!?! That just gave me the push to get an order in for a pair! Hope I’m not too late!!!
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Is that 6 units of the Pultecs??
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I believe so, but 4 now.
Old 2 weeks ago
Hey Joshua have you got the transformers yet? Have they finally started shipping??
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsthalion View Post
Hey Joshua have you got the transformers yet? Have they finally started shipping??
I wanna know as well.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I’ve been patiently waiting and following this thread as well. Any news on when the NOS units will start shipping again
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
The standard next Friday

Sowter is trying their hardest to ship more ASAP to overcome this issue, I believe they are sending more next Wednesday

We should be clear of all of this in 2 weeks, I will alert Camila about the units gor G4M
Hello Joshua,
are the G4M Units on the way?
thanx for an Info !
ATB !
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I just inquired about the status of my order and unfortunately was told there was a problem with customs and the transformers so they would get back to me when they knew when my ship date would be :(
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Got My Tracking Info!

It's almost too good to be true, but there it is: My DHL tracking number was received today! Heart out to those who couldn't wait, I understand. It's shipping to Colorado, any idea how long it will take to arrive?

I plan on making an unboxing video when it comes, followed by a good demo video, showing how it sounds on various instruments including vocals. I got a pair with the NOS tubes and will run basically everything through it, with a UBK Fatso compression adding saturation at the end. Should be the biz! I'll let you know.
Old 2 weeks ago
I wonder if they actually Ship in the order they were received..?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldLangSine View Post
ab4 AA
Exactly. Saturated fat, that is.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search