The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Chris Lord Alge Audio Legends 2 Mixing Masterclass
Old 4th January 2018
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Chris Lord Alge Audio Legends 2 Mixing Masterclass

Imagine getting mixing lessons from one of the most esteemed mixers of all time...

Grammy-winning mixer Chris Lord-Alge has mixed some of the most famous albums in music from bands like Green Day, Bruce Springsteen, Cheap Trick, and so many more legendary acts. And now, he’s teaching you all of his mix techniques step-by-step.

But unlike other audio courses, with the Audio Legends Chris Lord-Alge course, you get the multi-track session in your own DAW format along with all of the plugins used in the class.

This course includes everything there is to know about Chris’ mixing including:

1. Full Mix Prep Tutorial - preparing and comping tracks, setting up samples, and more

2. Live Real-Time Mixing - we let the cameras roll while Chris does the live mix.
See his pacing, his thought process, his interaction with his assistant, and more

3. Comprehensive Mix Analysis - CLA and I go through his mix step by step, revealing all of his techniques like compression, eq, console emulation settings, effects, and also find out WHY he does what he does

Folks, I'm very proud of our first Audio Legends course but this new course is in a whole different league. All the requests from the first course have been answered such as using a non-pro studio recording from an independent artist, watching him mix realtime, watching his entire mix prep, and much more detail and mix analysis.

For the FIRST SEVEN DAYS, CLA's Audio Legends 2 Mixing Masterclass is up to $100 OFF the normal price.

The band used for this course is called One Less Reason, and the song is Where Were You. Please check them out here: OLR MUSIC | The Memories Uninvited

Cheers,
Steven
Old 4th January 2018
Gear Head

“Review Order“ shows $149 instead of $79. It seems something is wrong...
Old 4th January 2018
Old 4th January 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstefan View Post
“Review Order“ shows $149 instead of $79. It seems something is wrong...
Are you an active Everything Bundle member? That's the only way to get that price. Let me know.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 4th January 2018
Gear Head

Nope. I am only one of your customers who purchased ALL of your plugins (and also VMS, Trigger and SSD4).
Old 4th January 2018

Quote:
Nope. I am only one of your customers who purchased ALL of your plugins (and also the VMS).
Hi, the course contains 3rd party plugins that are not Slate Digital but are in the Everything Bundle, so what I would suggest getting the 1 month plan since it's only a hundred bucks. Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 4th January 2018
Gear Head

What plugins are being used?
Just purchased the FG-Stress, hoping it shows how he is using it.
Old 4th January 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
Hi, the course contains 3rd party plugins that are not Slate Digital but are in the Everything Bundle, so what I would suggest getting the 1 month plan since it's only a hundred bucks. Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,
Steven
I know that the Everything bundle includes 3rd party plugins. I have them all so no need for the Everything bundle.
Old 4th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I know that the Everything bundle includes 3rd party plugins. I have them all so no need for the Everything bundle.
+1. Again with this subscribe thing......

Don't need it, never will. Any other option for non subscribers?
Old 4th January 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljkom View Post
+1. Again with this subscribe thing......

Don't need it, never will. Any other option for non subscribers?
It's literally just $25 extra to get the course with the one month membership which will get you all the plugins in the course, and then you can live your life peacefully after the 30 days because you don't have to continue.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 4th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
It's literally just $25 extra to get the course with the one month membership which will get you all the plugins in the course, and then you can live your life peacefully after the 30 days because you don't have to continue.

Cheers,
Steven
If he already have all the plugins, it is $25 extra for nothing.

Great deal!
Old 5th January 2018

I wrote him a PM to try to help him out!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

great to see the requests from the last course taken on board.

as someone who studied his work a lot over the years, bought last course and subscribed to MWTM, and an owner of almost everything slate (as well as subscribed) I think I’ll be swerving this one at the current price.

I really expected the ball to roll quicker after the 1st course with some other big name mixers on board - it’s been a long wait for the next one and as great as CLA is, there’s tutorials with him everywhere right now.

Sure it’ll be great and learning should always be encouraged so kudos to making the opportunity happen!

Looking forward to seeing what you do with other mixers and hopefully a price drop for this course down the line!
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

I'd like to know which monitor-speakers CLA used to mix the song, if possible.

Thank you.
Old 5th January 2018

I believe you can see this in the live mixing portion of the course, but it's the NS-10s and then the Sony Boombox. He rarely used the MKs until the mix was just about done.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 5th January 2018
Awh man I thought they were gonna use my song. I emailed it and errything...
Old 5th January 2018
Gear Head

Excited for this one! Loved the first one personally.
How long is this tutorial??
Old 5th January 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugAlex View Post
Excited for this one! Loved the first one personally.
How long is this tutorial??
It says on the website 4hrs 18mins
Old 5th January 2018
Gear Addict

I would love a mix course with someone that is good at ITB mixing. CLA kicks ass in the analog world. I’ve heard his OtB vs ITB and the difference is night and day. Can’t even compare them. It’s like making a mixing course with Aviccii with only analog gear. There are some ITB award winning mixers out there. Just a tip.
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderbird View Post
I would love a mix course with someone that is good at ITB mixing. CLA kicks ass in the analog world. I’ve heard his OtB vs ITB and the difference is night and day. Can’t even compare them. It’s like making a mixing course with Aviccii with only analog gear. There are some ITB award winning mixers out there. Just a tip.
- I’m sure there are lots of tutorials out there you can watch - with other mix engineers?
Old 5th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Is the tracking engineer and musicians included?
Old 5th January 2018
SEB
Lives for gear

Quote:

I agree. I bought the first one but was kind of underwhelmed by the sound of the mix. This time it sounds better but a little strident and harsh.

Maybe Steven should allowed him to use Sooth on som guitartracks and espec vocals
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

I am going to get the course.
Old 5th January 2018
Gear Maniac

I also own every Slate plugin (also own two vms) so I do not want to spend the extra $25 for a month of everything. I already have every plugin.
Old 5th January 2018
Gear Addict

Very cool course.

I gotta say, the thing that makes this course really great is how Steven en Chris walk through all the elements after the mix is done so Chris can explain why he did certain things. This section goes more in depth than I've seen any other course do. Thanks Steven!
Old 5th January 2018
Quote:
Guess you picked the right mix of the two.
But a lot of people didn’t so there can’t really be an night and day difference for most people.
But I know you have good ears so kudos to you if you guessed right.
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

I think this course is a fair offer - especially for beginners -
since they can study the process step by step with EXACTLY
the same tools as Chris used. A huge benefit when you dont have lots of experience.

If you are more experienced I think
the Mix with the Master video courses, where Chris
mixes on his own SSL / outboard is more appealing.
The point about Chris is he can mix on his ssl
like Keith Jarret plays on his piano (without the humming).
Whenever I see the big man in front of the small Raven screen
I have to smile

However its great to live in times where we have options.
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

CLA is one of the best mix engineers in the world, taste aside, there is no-one at his level that will turn into a bad mix engineer from moving ITB. That is just stupid.

..Lets say he suck at mixing ITB - people complain and still buy all his courses, my guess is that Steven Slate doesn't need to be lectured in what is good and idea and what isn't

Just saying..
Old 6th January 2018
Lives for gear

A good mix engineer... is a good mix engineer.

I would gratefully watch and study a mix by CLA using just stock Logic Pro X plugins... as I would study from similar great mix engineers.

The approach, experience, mindset, philosophy are what you are learning from - you have to develop your 'ears' and personal taste over time and practise.
Old 6th January 2018
Lives for gear

Thanks CLA and Slate!
Nice to watch the workflow of getting track count down.

Just some observations
Tracks are very well recorded

Analog mix was the best for sure just 3D and nothing poked out or stepped on each other

Cubase session sounded better that the PT session

I liked the way he exaggerated every move and then put it in the sweet spot
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search