The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SKnote announce "Marconi1" - "73" Preamp and EQ, hands on circuits.
Old 16th September 2019
Lives for gear

H-EQ does NOT emulate the exact saturation and/or harmonic distortion of each of those different EQs. It's the same harmonic distortion for all the EQ curves, which is the same as choosing whatever specific type of saturation you want with a separate plugin, which is what I prefer.

And H-EQ is not even in the same league as DMG Equilibrium. Not even close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alxgvr View Post
Plugins you mentioned are digital EQs with no harmonic distortion.
Slate VMR consist of multiple plugins inside one Shell - why do I need to load separate EQ plugins for every band?

So no, not many choices. Every one needs new plugin of that kind
Old 17th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
Well, this could be interesting for a new specific plugin, as Marconi1 is a model of an existing hardware unit and we'd rather stick to the original (we added variations, not features). But we could add a more complex unit, based on the same principles.
The concept is great as-is - original unit and variations - and the sound quality is solid. Any chance you will consider other iconic units in the same way? Trident A-Range and Helios 69 are some really excellent units, especially for guitars and drums.
Old 18th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Elgin View Post
The concept is great as-is - original unit and variations - and the sound quality is solid. Any chance you will consider other iconic units in the same way? Trident A-Range and Helios 69 are some really excellent units, especially for guitars and drums.
Absolutely yes.

We are closing the new MainEQ and a new product and then back to new emulations, while updates keep coming.

A new, nice console channel is always interesting. We also still have our Neve channels here, got from Capitol Studios, still to be emulated...
Old 19th September 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Elgin View Post
Yes! Something non neveapissl1176la2a
Old 25th September 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Absolutely yes.

We are closing the new MainEQ and a new product and then back to new emulations, while updates keep coming.

A new, nice console channel is always interesting. We also still have our Neve channels here, got from Capitol Studios, still to be emulated...
Interesting your view on 1176 compressor or API 2500. If they can be as good as Marconi1 I am for some classic compressor from SKnote!
Old 26th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Interesting your view on 1176 compressor or API 2500. If they can be as good as Marconi1 I am for some classic compressor from SKnote!
Aye Aye Pye
Old 12th December 2019
Gear Nut
Quinto, is it possible to add extra mid band for Marconi 1 ?

3 band EQ is not cool :(

To add an additional band which will cover all frequency range from lows to highs. And HI Q option
Old 13th December 2019
Lives for gear

Uhm... not always sure about extending 1:1 emulations. We could include its brother in the same inteface...
Old 13th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
And... the A25 is out
Old 18th February 2020
Lives for gear

Hello everyone !

I really like this plug-in, i used it on the mix buss of one of my clients mix. And today i notice the plug-in bring a lot of background noise. When I bypass it you can feel it reduces drastically.

Unfortunately the plug-in is part of the sound of the song so I have to deal with it. I know it's probably because it's emulating the real hardware but that would bé great if we could have a knob that turn off this noise. As i feel most of the time is unecessary.
Old 20th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirito View Post
Hello everyone !

I really like this plug-in, i used it on the mix buss of one of my clients mix. And today i notice the plug-in bring a lot of background noise. When I bypass it you can feel it reduces drastically.

Unfortunately the plug-in is part of the sound of the song so I have to deal with it. I know it's probably because it's emulating the real hardware but that would bé great if we could have a knob that turn off this noise. As i feel most of the time is unecessary.
Thanks for the feedback!
We never add noise to make it sound "real", it comes from certain modeling solutions. We will update it with less noise, I already know how to get it done now

I really love this thing, probably its 4 bands big, younger brother is worth making...
Old 20th February 2020
Lives for gear

Thank you for your reply. !

Very excited for the update, i will probably use it even more
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Nut
Quote:
Hello everyone !

You could always try using a gate.
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Nut
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback!
We never add noise to make it sound "real", it comes from certain modeling solutions. We will update it with less noise, I already know how to get it done now

I really love this thing, probably its 4 bands big, younger brother is worth making...
Will that be the 1081 or 1084?
Old 28th February 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopol View Post
You could always try using a gate.
But I think it can also lower "grain" in sound.
Old 28th February 2020
Lives for gear

Yes it's not the right way to do, especially on a mix buss. Could be fix with izotope RX if the noise can be analyze. But the best would be no noise of course.. especially if you want to use multiples instances of Marconi
Old 29th February 2020
Gear Nut
Quote:
Yes it's not the right way to do, especially on a mix buss. Could be fix with izotope RX if the noise can be analyze. But the best would be no noise of course.. especially if you want to use multiples instances of Marconi
Maybe he could make noise optional, like in PA Lindell 80. That would be nice.
Old 29th February 2020
Gear Head
Quote:
Maybe he could make noise optional, like in PA Lindell 80. That would be nice.
Hasn't he said several times that the noise was a function of the modelling approach and not a choice?
Old 29th February 2020
Gear Addict

Don't change it or at least have several versions to download. This plugin is a serious cpu hog but there's nothing else like it. It just kicks ass.
Old 2nd March 2020
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocreeper View Post
Hasn't he said several times that the noise was a function of the modelling approach and not a choice?
That may be. But it’s still software, which means it’s fully possible.
Anyway, just a suggestion. No need to get all defensive about it.
Old 2nd March 2020
Gear Nut

Hmm I’ve never had any problem with noise or noticed Much of a discernible noise floor with this plugin.
The one unusual characteristic I’ve found is with capacitor 3. It doesn’t actually eq with this engaged. More like a full bandwidth volume boost is what happens.
Other wise a fine plugin.
Old 2nd March 2020
Gear Head
Quote:
That may be. But it’s still software, which means it’s fully possible.
Anyway, just a suggestion. No need to get all defensive about it.
Apologies if that came across overly direct, but it was asked as a question and meant to bring it back to what Quinto had suggested may be possible.

Thanks for the reminder of the ease with which brief text messages can be misunderstood online, especially amongst people who don't know each other well.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search