The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
IK Multimedia updates MODO BASS with new models and features
Old 14th March 2019
Gear Addict

Right said Fred?
Old 19th March 2019
Gear Addict

Right indeed!
Old 21st March 2019
Gear Addict

Well I guess any further posts are pointless unless IK release new bass models or even better a new MODO instrument, hopefully the e-guitars.

This thread is essentially lying dormant until that happens.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

IK where art thou?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbital View Post
IK where art thou?
We are in Italy, the US, and various countries across the world working on some great stuff. Is there an issue or question about MODO BASS that I missed in the thread?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
We are in Italy, the US, and various countries across the world working on some great stuff. Is there an issue or question about MODO BASS that I missed in the thread?
Peter i don t know if it was asked already or not , but a controller for it would be great .... something to play either like a real bass but with a keyboard or something string based ....
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Peter i don t know if it was asked already or not , but a controller for it would be great .... something to play either like a real bass but with a keyboard or something string based ....
I think that would diminish the point as MODO is primarily for keyboard players. Actual bass players tend to play actual basses.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I think that would diminish the point as MODO is primarily for keyboard players. Actual bass players tend to play actual basses.
Yep , i was thinking keyboard ...you know last time i played a bass with my small arturia keyboard (analog lab) and i was handling it like a bass on my lap and it was a whole other experience ....

Again it would give options
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

More models, please. The product has been out for a while and a refresh will both please those of us who already bought the product and lure new users.
It isn’t like the world ran out of bass sounds not included in Modo Bass. A world-class fretless that responds to slides would be a great addition. A Stanley-like Alembic, a Marcus-like Fender....possibilities abound.

Please.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by burp182 View Post
A world-class fretless that responds to slides would be a great addition.
This is what I'm missing from Modo. And an upright, of course!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I'm all for single pup 50's P bass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzEsxNLUml4
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

... Anybody wanna place any bets on what this is all about?

https://youtu.be/Xzmt3eVSv6g

Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

MODO DRUMS!!!

Fantastic!!! Absolutely fabulous!

I can retire Superior Drummer 2 and my other old drum kit samples for good when this thing makes its debut.

Good one IK!

Now the MODO GUITARS. I had a feeling the guitars would be the 3rd installation in the MODO family. Bass and drums have always been the most important to any band with guitarists. If you don't get those two things right the guitars don't matter as much.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
Is there an issue or question about MODO BASS that I missed in the thread?
yes I have one.

is there a mode where it will respond to independent Midi channels and channel based pitch bends.
it's something which is required for Midi stringed instruments. sometimes called Midi Mode 4.

Last edited by Muser; 16 hours ago at 10:30 PM..
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyBCN View Post
... Anybody wanna place any bets on what this is all about?

https://youtu.be/Xzmt3eVSv6g

Drum shells... I'm surprised that they'd venture into that market -- it's so well covered. Toontrack has the genre saturated with many insanely good options. The Albini and Al Schmitt libraries in particular (but certainly not exclusively) are going to be tough to beat by anyone, ever. And the SD3 software is deep and intuitive, and still being improved, though it's already practically a DAW itself.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Drum shells... I'm surprised that they'd venture into that market -- it's so well covered. Toontrack has the genre saturated with many insanely good options. The Albini and Al Schmitt libraries in particular (but certainly not exclusively) are going to be tough to beat by anyone, ever. And the SD3 software is deep and intuitive, and still being improved, though it's already practically a DAW itself.
I’m a total IK fanboy, but, between Superior, Ezdrummer, all the very useable NI Abbey Road lots, and the latest Slate drums... yadda yadda... I’m about saturated with drums, honestly

It literally doesn’t make sense to me — I don’t think — to invest in a new platform, ya know?
Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
I do admit that I was hoping the MODO GUITARS would be the next addition to the MODO line, but physically modeled drums is still revolutionary - there are plenty of sampled basses too and many of them are extremely realistic in a decent mix. So it would have made most sense to release the MODO GUITARS first...but they did the bass and drums...

If you think about it, it makes sense. Bass and drums form the bread and butter of most music because they set the tone of the song.
Old 18 hours ago
Gear Addict

Yeah, I'm really happy with Superior Drummer 3.

So we shall see.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search