The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sound Radix releases POWAIR plug-in Dynamics Plugins
Old 4th January 2018
Lives for gear

Apologies if this has already been answered, but I bought this and installed on windows and I can't find/see any presets. Using Cubase Pro 9.5.

Thanks.
Old 4th January 2018
Lives for gear

This thing on Piano is AMAZING
Old 4th January 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
@TheKosherButcher,

First, I'm deeply sorry and I apologize if I offended you or was dismissive in any way. That was not my intention by a long shot.

I was simply out of ideas on how further I could add to the leveler feature explanation in the manual. Therefore I've suggested in my original response to your ticket:

Having said that, we are aware that the POWAIR user manual could use improvement and dive deeper into its features and use cases. After all, it's not just 'another' compressor. To address that, we recently hired a professional writer to completely rewrite not only POWAIR's user manual but all the manuals for our products.

Also, we understand how important and helpful a deep overview video could be. We're working on making one.

Respectfully yours,

Nir
Thank you Nir. Now THAT is a much better response! I wasn't offended, just a little put off. But your response to my post is greatly appreciated, and I apologize if my post was too harsh. You make truly wonderful, well-designed, and absurdly functional, software. You realized that there could be better documentation for the plugin, and you are doing something about it - and I respect that. So, thanks again. I look forward to using PowAir more, and seeing what you come up with!

In addition, this issue gave me an idea. What about having users submit their best "How-to" videos/manuals as part of a contest. The winner(s) could get a free plugin (or whatever you think would be fair). Not only would that give you even more ideas for how to best explain the usage of the software, but it would also help drum up even more interest in your products, and provide even more exposure! Just a thought.

Cheers,
TKB
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

I'm so intrigued!!!!!!!!
I said no more plugins I'm not gonna use this year.
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

Are there no initial presets? Not a big deal, but odd.
Old 5th January 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
Are there no initial presets? Not a big deal, but odd.
Clicking the box containing "Default" (see the top of the GUI in the OP) reveals presets on my system.

One potentially useful finding: I disabled OpenGL for the plugin to fix a graphics issue I was having, as per the documentation. That fixed my problem, and I also noticed reduced CPU usage. Nice!

Cheers,
Eddie
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie TX View Post
Clicking the box containing "Default" (see the top of the GUI in the OP) reveals presets on my system.

One potentially useful finding: I disabled OpenGL for the plugin to fix a graphics issue I was having, as per the documentation. That fixed my problem, and I also noticed reduced CPU usage. Nice!

Cheers,
Eddie
Thank you Eddie! I will give it a try tomorrow! *smile*
Old 5th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKosherButcher View Post
What about having users submit their best "How-to" videos/manuals as part of a contest. The winner(s) could get a free plugin (or whatever you think would be fair).
Good idea, lets do it! Post your video here, the one with most thumb-ups gets any plug-in of their choice

Cheers
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

Just a little heads up to let everybody know this is the plugin revelation of the year for me. It's absolutely insane!!!! So versatile.
A step into the future!!
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by baslotto View Post
Just a little heads up to let everybody know this is the plugin revelation of the year for me. It's absolutely insane!!!! So versatile.
A step into the future!!
Not that it isn't, but 2018 is only 5 days old so that declaration may be a tad premature
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by profvonsok View Post
Not that it isn't, but 2018 is only 5 days old so that declaration may be a tad premature
I confirm, the revelation plugin of the decade (till 2020).
Old 6th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Last edited by Pd-Baraka; 6th January 2018 at 07:03 PM..
Old 6th January 2018
Lives for gear

Anyone tested it for aliasing?
Old 6th January 2018
Lives for gear

Trying to demo this. I love Sound Radix but a real pet peeve of mine is when companies have zero instructions on how to demo. There's the "Try It" button, which takes you to the download but there are no activation instructions and no license is deposited in my account.

Am I missing something?
@[email protected]

Last edited by Ragan; 6th January 2018 at 10:04 PM..
Old 6th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Hi @Ragan,

Thanks for your interest in POWAIR! Here's how to activate the trial:
  1. Download and run the installer
  2. Launch your DAW and instantiate POWAIR. On the first launch, an iLok dialog will open with activation options
  3. Click on the 'Try' button, follow the steps on the screen and you'll be good to go.
A free iLok account and an iLok License Manager is required. An iLok USB device is not required. I'm attaching here an updated user manual with step-by-step activation instructions and more.

If you have any questions, just let me know!

Cheers
Attached Files
Old 6th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi @Ragan,

Thanks for your interest in POWAIR! Here's how to activate the trial:
  1. Download and run the installer
  2. Launch your DAW and instantiate POWAIR. On the first launch, an iLok dialog will open with activation options
  3. Click on the 'Try' button, follow the steps on the screen and you'll be good to go.
A free iLok account and an iLok License Manager is required. An iLok USB device is not required. I'm attaching here an updated user manual with step-by-step activation instructions and more.

If you have any questions, just let me know!

Cheers
Thanks Nir.

So when I load Pro Tools, I'm already getting the prompt to authorize POWAIR as PT scans the plugs. I push "Try" and then enter my iLok credentials and it says I've got no license to authorize it. And there's no license in my iLok account or in my Sound Radix user account.
Old 6th January 2018
Gear Maniac

@Ragan,

Thanks for your reply. That's unexpected. Can you please open a ticket with your iLok account ID? I'll look into it ASAP.

Thanks!
Old 6th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
@Ragan,

Thanks for your reply. That's unexpected. Can you please open a ticket with your iLok account ID? I'll look into it ASAP.

Thanks!
You know what? I tried re-DL-ing and reinstalling and it worked. Took my iLok credentials properly and I've got it showing up in PT.

Thanks.

Ragan
Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
Anyone tested it for aliasing?
love to know aswell..I think this plug is probably going to be a staple like the EL8
Old 22nd January 2018
Gear Maniac
this plugin really impressed to the point that I went to look for a HW counterpart so I can record in realtime.

I got myself an aphex compeller 320A and I get the same feeling when I use this compressor.

really interesting.

still digging it very much. congrats for soundraddix and thank u.
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaeltn86 View Post
this plugin really impressed to the point that I went to look for a HW counterpart so I can record in realtime.

I got myself an aphex compeller 320A and I get the same feeling when I use this compressor.

really interesting.

still digging it very much. congrats for soundraddix and thank u.
I was just thinking today about how I regret selling my Compellor. An amazingly transparent piece.
Old 23rd January 2018
Gear Head

Any news on a more in depth 'in use' video tutorial? Would love to know how to use the controls properly and why. It's very different to any other compressor/leveller I have used and want to get the best out of it.
Old 7th February 2018
Gear Head

WEEKS LATER:
Still no word on a video?
Old 7th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ha33y View Post
WEEKS LATER:
Still no word on a video?
I think the last reply from SR indicates that they're not interested in making a more in depth vid for POWAIR, and instead offered a free plugin to anyone making one. I wish they would take the initiative and make their own detailed tutorial for POWAIR. Who would know the product better than SR??? I'm struggling with how the Leveler part functions.
Old 7th February 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by profvonsok View Post
I think the last reply from SR indicates that they're not interested in making a more in depth vid for POWAIR, and instead offered a free plugin to anyone making one. I wish they would take the initiative and make their own detailed tutorial for POWAIR. Who would know the product better than SR??? I'm struggling with how the Leveler part functions.
How are you struggling with it? I mean, what part is giving you difficulty?

Maybe I can help.
Old 7th February 2018
Gear Head

Well they said a while back that they were working on a video.
I too am having trouble with it. It is unlike anything else I have used before. I want to know how to use it effectively and exactly what each part does, Should you use the leveller as well as the compressor for example for a smooth vocal or just the leveller and why? should you up the volume on the leveller section to feed the compressor, if so why? etc etc...

It says that the gain is auto-matched but the more compression i use, the louder it gets and smashing the output meters.

I want to see this 'IN ACTION' on a session and in use on a vocal, drum kit, guitar etc etc and how it is set up for most effective use. There is so much going on under the hood that we need to know, as opposed to just moving knobs and hoping for the best.

If no video is forthcoming from Sound Radix, they would do well to tell us so we know where we stand.

In the meantime if anyone else has a video which explains how this works and in actual use, that would be so appreciated.
Old 7th February 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Well they said a while back that they were working on a video.
It's coming. We've got the great Michael White from MPG on it. It got delayed as we're preparing an update and wanted to have the latest version on the video. If you're not yet familiar with Michael's YouTube channel, check it out.

Quote:
Should you use the leveller as well as the compressor for example for a smooth vocal or just the leveller and why? should you up the volume on the leveller section to feed the compressor, if so why? etc etc...
Think of it as a slow, level-averaging processor (The Leveler), and a faster, compressor / limiter / glue / envelope shaper dynamic processor. You can, and probably want to use both for vocals, although it very much dependant on your source. For most cases, I'll use the leveler to ride the average vocal level (usually that would be around -24 to -22 LU) and the compressor to clamp on sudden bursts of energy and 'solidify' the vocal. I shoot for about 3dB gain reduction on louder parts and I could let it go up to 7dB or more for peak reduction. Check out the Expressive Lead Vocal preset we've included as a starting point.

Quote:
It says that the gain is auto-matched but the more compression i use, the louder it gets and smashing the output meters.
It is possible that on some sources it will be less accurate than others, but I wouldn't expect it to smash the output meters. Make sure the 'Auto' button is engaged on the compressor stage to activate the Auto Makeup Gain. If this is not your experience, please shoot us an email to support with a sample of the track and the preset you're using and we'll feed it to our machine, it'll loves to hear it

Cheers,

Nir
Old 13th February 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1k View Post
Apologies if this has already been answered, but I bought this and installed on windows and I can't find/see any presets. Using Cubase Pro 9.5.

Thanks.
Hi Mike,
Feel free to contact our support.
It seems that under Windows it is possible to install without the presets (when un-checking AAX). (you can simply install with AAX checked).

It'll be addressed on an upcoming maintenance release.
Old 13th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi Mike,
Feel free to contact our support.
It seems that under Windows it is possible to install without the presets (when un-checking AAX). (you can simply install with AAX checked).

It'll be addressed on an upcoming maintenance release.
Thanks!!! That fixed it!!

Mike

Also - I did contact support on this back when I posted it, but this solution wasn't suggested.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search