The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Softube launches Apollo Central Control Surfaces
Old 20th November 2017
News Desk Editor

Softube launches Apollo Central

Softube launches Apollo Central-screen-shot-2017-11-20-11.20.16-am.png
Softube launches Apollo Central

Softube is proud to announce Apollo Central, a free software expansion that enables you to control your Apollo Console with Softube’s Console 1 at the touch of a button.

If you own an Apollo interface, you will now be able to switch modes within the Console 1 on-screen display and affect preamp gain, volume, pan, send levels and more in UA Console. You can load plugins and presets without touching a mouse, and control near-zero-latency guitar amps, reverbs, compressors, even Unison enabled preamps, using physical knobs, pre-mapped and laid out right there on your desk.

Track with real-time effects; create and send headphone mixes; import and adjust a vocal chain; all with a hands-on analogue feel and a fingertip workflow. You’ll save time, you’ll enjoy yourself, and you’ll do better-sounding work than ever.

So what is Apollo Central?

Apollo Central is a free software update for Softube’s Console 1 system, that allows Console 1 to control UA Apollo interfaces, and their dedicated console software. This brings the fast and intuitive workflow of Console 1 to the tracking process, making it just as easy and fun for Console 1 users to record great sounds as mix them. Does this mean that the Softube Console 1 is exclusive to Apollo? No – Console 1 can still be used as a mixing tool within any of the prominent DAW’s in the market.

Learn more: https://www.softube.com/index.php?id=apollocentral

Attached Thumbnails
Softube launches Apollo Central-screen-shot-2017-11-20-11.20.16-am.png  
Old 20th November 2017
Lives for gear

This is really great. This means we can take our C1 to live shows. Hopefully this also means we will finally be able to use ALL UAD plug-ins while mixing with everything mapped (or not yet?).
Old 20th November 2017
Gear Addict

Can we control the Apollo console when its not in focus? I've been wanting a way to adjust levels, mute channels, etc while not having the Apollo console on the screen. If this does that, I'm on board!
Old 20th November 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
This is really great. This means we can take our C1 to live shows. Hopefully this also means we will finally be able to use ALL UAD plug-ins while mixing with everything mapped (or not yet?).
"All Plugins" are just the plugins in console.... not DAW.
Old 20th November 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxy View Post
Can we control the Apollo console when its not in focus? I've been wanting a way to adjust levels, mute channels, etc while not having the Apollo console on the screen. If this does that, I'm on board!

Yes U Can ! ......
Old 20th November 2017
Lives for gear

The installers are not available yet, right? I'm talking about the installers we can find in "My Downloads". I don't use/like Gobbler.
Old 20th November 2017
Gear Addict

yes you can download it now
Old 20th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Studio 87 View Post
yes you can download it now
Unfortunately, I can only see 2.4.29.
Old 21st November 2017
JGM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
Unfortunately, I can only see 2.4.29.
Is that not the version with Apollo Central? Because that's the only download I see available.

I installed it, but can't seem to get the Apollo Central going. From what I understand you get to it by pressing 'Shift' and 'Mode' at the same time. Is that correct?
Anyone successful with downloading and using this thing yet?
Old 21st November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGM View Post
Is that not the version with Apollo Central? Because that's the only download I see available.

I installed it, but can't seem to get the Apollo Central going. From what I understand you get to it by pressing 'Shift' and 'Mode' at the same time. Is that correct?
Anyone successful with downloading and using this thing yet?
No, the changelog says 2.4.36. I installed Globber and it doesn't show up there either. I wonder where people are downloading the update from.
Old 21st November 2017
Gear Addict

in softube website go to your account then to "my download"
Old 21st November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
They aren't there. That's the first place I searched for today.
Old 21st November 2017
Gear Addict

Strange I just go there before my post and the new version is here......
Old 21st November 2017
JGM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Every time I try that, it keeps asking me to permit Gobbler.
I have to say while I really liked Console 1, Softube’s download/install software process is one of the worst I’ve ever encountered! I’ve yet to understand the whole need for that Gobbler application, which I also I thinks really SUCK!!!!!!

That new install is not listed in the Gobbler downloads either.
Old 21st November 2017
JGM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Strange I just go there before my post and the new version is here......
Have you ever signed up for that Gobbler app thing through Softube to download any plugins?
Do you have Gobbler at all?
Old 21st November 2017
Lives for gear

Dammit, I was trying to hold off on Console 1 for a while longer, but I don’t think I can resist this!
Old 21st November 2017
Gear Head
C1 is very enticing. I had looked at Console 1 Mk2 when it was first announced, but only had 13 of the supported UA plugins. I actually own 70+ UA plugins, so I have been watching the C1 page on Softube's website for news of more plugin support. Then this bolt out of the blue....

Not only can you control ALL of the UA plugins, you have control over many of the Console functions.

There has been some confusion over the way this works. There are now two modes in the C1 software. In the original mode, only supported plugins from UA and Softube are controlled by the C1. There is still DAW control with features that are DAW specific.

In Apollo Central mode, the Console functions like volume, pan, mute, send, record or monitor, inserts, and output monitor track are now controlled by the C1 hardware.

All UA plugins are fully mapped and controlled by the C1 hardware in this mode. If there are two many parameters for all of the C1's knobs and buttons, there are multiple pages available. I have not yet seen confirmation as to whether mapping can be edited and customized.

Softube says that Apollo Central was designed for tracking. In Apollo Central mode, you have both the UA plugin's GUI and/or a Softube GUI that has Console controls and plugin mapping. In the original C1 mode, you can only see the Softube GUI even on supported UA plugins.

So what do you do if you want to do mixdown? Kcatthedog on the UA forum confirmed to me that you can leave the C1 in Apollo Central mode during mixdown. You will not have DAW control, however. And while I haven't confirmed this, you may not be able to control a UA plugin in a DAW slot in Apollo Central mode. That means a lot of UA plugins can't use C1 for automation.

I plan on getting a C1 soon. I was going to get a Faderport 16. Now I will use a Faderport 8 for DAW control and the C1 to do plugin control. If I cannot automate a DAW slotted plugin with C1, the Faderport can do the job in a pinch. There is a lot of synergy with these two products.

This is a giant leap for anyone such as myself with a large investment in UA plugins.
Old 21st November 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGM View Post
Have you ever signed up for that Gobbler app thing through Softube to download any plugins?
Do you have Gobbler at all?
Yes I have gobbler account but never use it (I have ibnstal Gobbler on my internet computer only) ! so if you go to softube and go to "My Account" they ask you to sign in with your gobbler account so do it ! And now still in softube site at the bottom you can see "My Download" just go there and you have all your plugins to download from the softube site not gobbler.
I never use gobbler to download plugins (Slate/Eventide/Softube...) just download from the respective site......

And stay cool
Old 21st November 2017
JGM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes I have gobbler account but never use it (I have ibnstal Gobbler on my internet computer only) ! so if you go to softube and go to "My Account" they ask you to sign in with your gobbler account so do it ! And now still in softube site at the bottom you can see "My Download" just go there and you have all your plugins to download from the softube site not gobbler.
I never use gobbler to download plugins (Slate/Eventide/Softube...) just download from the respective site......

And stay cool
Thanks Dude. I appreciate it.
Old 21st November 2017
JGM
Lives for gear

For anyone still having issues downloading here's how I did it.
-Sign into my softube account
-Click on 'My Account' and scroll down to the bottom
-At the bottom of the page click on 'My Downloads'
-You should find your way from there.

Cheers.
Old 21st November 2017
Lives for gear

Ok, I'm up and running now. Thanks to Softube support.

Question, how do we switch tabs (scroll through loaded plug-ins)?
Old 7th December 2017
Here for the gear

Got my C1 today and played with the Apollo Central mode - it's really excellent!

Now the question becomes, if Softube can map all the UAD plugins, why are they not supported in DAW mode? Bread and butter items like Neve plugins don't work at all which is a pretty big omission. Almost seems like Softube is dragging their feet intentionally so as to not cannibalize sales of their own "British Class A" product.

Looking forward to some great things if Softube maintains the innovation and momentum.
Old 28th May 2018
Lives for gear

Are you saying that if you open a UAD plugin within your DAW, then C1 may or may not be able to control it, depending on which plug it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankspanker View Post
Got my C1 today and played with the Apollo Central mode - it's really excellent!

Now the question becomes, if Softube can map all the UAD plugins, why are they not supported in DAW mode? Bread and butter items like Neve plugins don't work at all which is a pretty big omission. Almost seems like Softube is dragging their feet intentionally so as to not cannibalize sales of their own "British Class A" product.

Looking forward to some great things if Softube maintains the innovation and momentum.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search