The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audiority Echoes T7E - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo plugin (VST, AU, AAX) Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 18th November 2017
Gear Maniac

Audiority Echoes T7E - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo plugin (VST, AU, AAX)

We are happy to introduce to you our newest effect plugin: Echoes T7E

Echoes T7E is a faithful recreation of a vintage tube magnetic echo made in Italy in the early ‘60s. This echo effect unit is based on a magnetic spinning drum with both record and playback heads arranged around a recording wire wound around the drum circumference. This solution provides better stability over the usual tape transport with reduced wow and flutter.

Since the main “core” of this effect is based on the above mechanism, we modelled both the mechanics and the electronics. Echoes T7E also provides 3 different playback modes allowing you to set different spinning speed or ever synchronize it to your host tempo extending the original delay length from ~310ms up to ~1100ms.

Specifications
  • Analog Modeled Vintge Tube Echo
  • 3 Playback Modes: Classic, Varispeed and Sync
  • 4 Playback Heads (equally spaced)
  • EM81 “Magic Eye” Tube Level Indicator
  • 3 Echo Modes: Echo, Repeat and Swell
  • 12 Heads combinations
  • Tone, Error and Volume controls for each head
  • Magnetic Drum Age and Speed settings
  • Internal hum noise (for increased realism and self oscillation)
  • VST, AU and AAX (32/64bit)
  • OSX and Windows

Exceptionally, due to upcoming Black Friday, we decided to have a massive intro price on this one.

Intro Price: $29/€29 (until December 1st. Regular price is $45/€45)
Read more: http://www.audiority.com/shop/echoes-t7e/

A personal note
This is my very first analog modeled plugin ever. I put a great effort to get a result as close as possible to the original unit I own. I do really hope you're going to love it as much as I did!

Cheers,
Luca
Old 18th November 2017
Old 18th November 2017
Gear Addict

hmm impressive
Old 18th November 2017
Lives for gear

This sounds really, *really*, fantastic! I've been drifting all sorts of places with my Tele for the last hour. Well done!
Old 18th November 2017
Gear Nut

Congrats!

This is a great Xmas gift for everyone who's in love with old tape echoes... and a bit extra for Floydheads and Gilmourists in particular

And the only Echorec emulation available for Mac OS, I suspect. With outstanding graphical interface.

There's another secret ingredient in Gilmour's sound sauce - Yamaha RA rotary cab. Maybe for 2018, ha, Luca? With hopefully a similar photo-realistic GUI.

The bloody thing is not at all expensive, yet I found it to be terribly heavy in weight, making it quite a logistics concern. But such plugin would be an instant buy, regardless who manages to make it. Maybe you can grab it somewhere on EU land. I think I caught a glimpse of it in Belgium for ~200 euro
Old 18th November 2017
Lives for gear

Very nice delay, very natural, very organic sound. Loads of fun for sure.
Old 19th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiority View Post
A personal note
This is my very first analog modeled plugin ever. I put a great effort to get a result as close as possible to the original unit I own. I do really hope you're going to love it as much as I did!

Cheers,
Luca

Luca, this is a very good recreation of the Binson as I remember.
They were quite common back in those days.
If you were a serious guitarist, you used one.

Beautiful done this one. Very natural and yes, organic sound.
Using it as we speak ...
I believe you've done a very good job !

Thanks for your work !

Old 19th November 2017
Lives for gear

Great plugin. Very vibey and fun to dial settings.

One little thing, the drop-down menu should be, imo, apparent by default. I think it is very powerful. Or, at least, have a indication more clear that it exists.That little arrow may pass unnoticed.
Old 19th November 2017
Lives for gear

Instant buy, superb fun

Thanks Luca.
Old 19th November 2017
Lives for gear

Love the tone on the video! Will try it out!!!
Old 19th November 2017
OMG! I’m going to seriously look into this for my next major session.
Old 19th November 2017
Here for the gear

Most excellent! Thanks Luca
Old 19th November 2017
Lives for gear

Very unique. Very interesting. Well done.

TIP
A spinning metal thing... what would ever happen if I put my fingers on it?

Any way to automate this effect?
Old 19th November 2017
Gear Maniac

Thank you all, guys!

About the "drum stop trick", it's not automatable at the moment. Many other customers asked me to make it automatable, so I'll definitely implement this feature in the next update.

Cheers,
Luca
Old 19th November 2017
Gear Maniac
Very nice vintage sound! Purchased!
Old 20th November 2017
Lives for gear

a mix lock would be nice, too!
Old 20th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees View Post
a mix lock would be nice, too!
Right click on the mix control, select Lock Parameter.
Old 20th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
Right click on the mix control, select Lock Parameter.
modifiers do nothing (mac/lpx). Wonder what the heck I'm doing wrong!
Old 20th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
TBH I haven't tried it, I just posted what the manual says !
As I use Mac/Logic I will try it ASAP but that will not be for quite a few hours.
Old 20th November 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Not sure. Modifiers work for me and parameter lock keeps my mix on 100% when I change factory presets. However my user presets is not highlighted in the preset drop down menu and my saved presets don't show up under user presets. I have to select "load" from the main drop down menu. I'm on latest Logic Pro X and El Capitan latest version.

This thing sounds wonderful. Just used it on a guitar solo on a separate bus in conjunction with AudioThing's Outer Space on another separate bus. This in mono on a modified version of Dub Saturation preset along with Outer Space in stereo doing synced 1/4 notes on heads 2 & 3 panned left & right respectively is amazing.

Thanks, Luca...well done!
Old 20th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Right Click, select Lock Parameters works here on Logic.
You have to see the Tick for on.
No Tick, it is off.

To check, Right Click, if you see the Tick then it is on.
When it is off and you select on you don't see the Tick appear if that make sense.
Old 20th November 2017
I bought it and am digging it - allows me to work ITB and get similar results to my Dynachord EC504 (4 head tape delay) - from the hum up, this things has bags of character - love it

Last edited by Hardtoe; 20th November 2017 at 09:03 PM..
Old 20th November 2017
Lives for gear

Bought. Brilliant... glad it's possible to turn off the noise though, even though it does have a certain Binson Melos charm..

Great plugin offering a really unique vibe...

Recommended.

Zz.
Old 20th November 2017
Gear Nut

anyone had a chance to compare Echoes T7E against Empty Room Systems EchORek2? thoughts, or, better, sound examples?

now if any developer would tackle these fellas over here, my Gilmourish delay needs would be completely satisfied. first fella here actually is "The Wall" delay.

https://youtu.be/prHa_3hlYkE?t=138

https://youtu.be/C1tJ_sEdKo0?t=134
Old 20th November 2017
Lives for gear

Luca, this is really a great great sounding plugin, just bought it.
Old 21st November 2017
Gear Maniac

Thank you very much, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuintaQuad
However my user presets is not highlighted in the preset drop down menu and my saved presets don't show up under user presets. I have to select "load" from the main drop down menu. I'm on latest Logic Pro X and El Capitan latest version.
Are you saving the presets from the plugin (using the Disk icon) or are you saving the preset inside Logic's channel strip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by possible past
now if any developer would tackle these fellas over here, my Gilmourish delay needs would be completely satisfied. first fella here actually is "The Wall" delay.
It's quite a time I'm looking for those old rackmounted MXR units. They are kinda hard to find. I guess some of those delays can be reproduced using either Echoes T7E with maximum age and all heads with a bright tone and no errors, or with Deleight.

By the way, there are some presets in Echoes T7E that are reproducing some of the most used Gilmour settings.

CLASSIC MODE
Pink Guitar (310ms)

VARI MODE
Back to Life (640ms, Coming Back to Life)
Brick Solo (440ms, Another Brick in the Wall)
Comfrotable (480ms, Comfortably Numb)
Gdansk Echoes (445ms, Echoes from Live in Gdansk)
Hey Ya (470ms, Hey You)
Live for Money (520ms, Money live version)
PE Time (350ms, Time with Binson PE)
Shiny Diamond (370ms, Shine On You Crazy Diamond)

In the meanwhile I'm working on some other improvements: drum stop trick as parameter (so it could be automated), dry and wet signal balancing, so you won't have to crank the Input knob all the way up and get the signal overdriven by the input stage tube. Furthermore, I've been able to find a way to improve the code speed a little. The new version I'm working on consumes about 3% less CPU than v1.0 on my 2011 MBP.

..and here you can see both Father and Son having a good time together :D

Cheers,
Luca
Old 21st November 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
here you can see both Father and Son having a good time together
That's one bad boy you have in there, Luca! how much it was?

Quote:
It's quite a time I'm looking for those old rackmounted MXR units. They are kinda hard to find.
Not too long ago I saw MXR system I for ~200-250 bucks in US. Local pick-up only, unfortunately. And one on Ebay for 750 I think it was.

As with Yamaha rotary cab, these MXR's are not terribly expensive, they are nowhere near Echorec price, but they are indeed just as rare.

Quote:
there are some presets in Echoes T7E
throw in Run Like Hell patch in there too!

Quote:
I guess some of those delays can be reproduced using either Echoes T7E with maximum age and all heads with a bright tone and no errors, or with Deleight.
Are you by chance implying one simply does not need another hardware delay emulation? Nah, man, not on Gearslutz. Because on Gearslutz...

Old 21st November 2017
Here for the gear

Really nice sounding plugin. I am happy to hear some CPU optimization might be in the works because it does push the resources I have a little bit.
Old 21st November 2017
Lives for gear

Just bought it ! Hope to see more analog models of classic units.
Old 22nd November 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiority View Post

In the meanwhile I'm working on some other improvements: drum stop trick as parameter (so it could be automated)
Hey Luca.
First off, wow. just wow. This sounds so bloody great. Thank you.

I've been playing with the drum stop. I understand that this closely imitates the reaction that the original Binson disk has but I find that the fast jump back to full rate makes the effect less musical and therefore less usable for anything other than an extreme effect. It would be great if it returned to full speed with a bit more of a controlled acceleration. Just a thought. Thanks again for the great work.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search