The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audiority Echoes T7E - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo plugin (VST, AU, AAX) Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 5th December 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Just discovereing this brand , missed the plugin intro price
This echo has been frequently at the top of new products for the last 1,5 weeks. How come you missed it?
Old 5th December 2017
Gear Nut
Just discovering this info also and missed it too
Old 6th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by possible pasts View Post
This echo has been frequently at the top of new products for the last 1,5 weeks. How come you missed it?
lol because since Gibson annoucement of Cakewalk death , i'm spending time bewteen work , studio one and new stuff i can try , i missed a lot of deals ...

For some reason instead of browsing to new products alert , i kept going to particpated threads ...

My timing since 2 weeks is totally fuked up ..... i jumped on some deals ...tonight i just had 2 hours i spent to try Samplitude pro X 3 suite witch is on a crazy deal until ..mmm now ....2 hours to try a daw ()
Old 6th December 2017
Gear Addict

Still seems to be too quiet.... Compared to all other plugs, i have to insert a volume booster after it. I understand there are volume controllers for each head but let's say you put it on a send channel and start going thru the presets, i can barely hear it in the mix, i always have to boost the volume.

I'm on a mbp running sierra and tried in Ableton&Logic
Old 6th December 2017
Gear Maniac

I'm trying it with a guitar track that peaks at -2.21dB. Echoes (from the INIT prest) fully wet, Input at 10, Output at 10, in Echo mode peaks at -2.18 even if the wet signal is darker than the original.

I don't know if you tried this yet, but if you put it on a send channel set the Mix know to 100% (fully wet) and lock it (right click on the knob). Adjust the Input knob so you'll get the right volume and lock both Input and Output knobs. In this way you can scroll the presets while preserving the send channel volume.

Cheers,
Luca
Old 7th December 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiority View Post
I'm trying it with a guitar track that peaks at -2.21dB. Echoes (from the INIT prest) fully wet, Input at 10, Output at 10, in Echo mode peaks at -2.18 even if the wet signal is darker than the original.

I don't know if you tried this yet, but if you put it on a send channel set the Mix know to 100% (fully wet) and lock it (right click on the knob). Adjust the Input knob so you'll get the right volume and lock both Input and Output knobs. In this way you can scroll the presets while preserving the send channel volume.

Cheers,
Luca

That's how i had the mix knob.... But i think what the problem is, as you described it, you have to turn the input&output to 10 in order to get the right signal and i think it should be that there is a 0 point in the in/out volume (maybe in the center of the dial) where THAT is the normal volume and if you want more juice you can turn up the in/out knob and down for less. The way it is right now it has to be at 10 in order to get a decent signal and after that you hit a wall where as all the other verb&delay plugs i'm used to have the in/out set so it sounds loud enough from the get go, you only touch the volume when you need more.

So the way it is right now, everytime i open T7E before i can use it i have to:

1- turn input volume up
2- turn output volume up
3- turn mix knob up (most of the times these kinda effects are used as sends so i think mix should also be at 100%)

and then of course you have to lock all knobs in case you mess with presets.

I'm honestly speaking from using plugs from different manufacturers for a long time and this plug it just seems like it has that i don't know, a bit of lag behind? Something about the signal is just needs a little oomph....Especially when you have a busy mix, this lil guy always gets buried, i find myself dropping a volume booster after it to make it stand out.
Old 7th December 2017
Gear Nut

I think this was mentioned in regards to future improvements, first page of this thread.

Quote:
In the meanwhile I'm working on some other improvements: drum stop trick as parameter (so it could be automated), dry and wet signal balancing, so you won't have to crank the Input knob all the way up and get the signal overdriven by the input stage tube.
And what's for the output, "Output too low" issue is marked as fixed in 1.0.1
Old 7th December 2017
Lives for gear

Missed the intro price too! :(

What a great sounding plug!
Old 7th December 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekloos View Post

I'm honestly speaking from using plugs from different manufacturers for a long time and this plug it just seems like it has that i don't know, a bit of lag behind? Something about the signal is just needs a little oomph....Especially when you have a busy mix, this lil guy always gets buried, i find myself dropping a volume booster after it to make it stand out.
In my case its exactly the opposite, this plug in seats perfectly in a mix. It just sound right on vocals, the right amount of feedback without disturbing. This is a really nice plug in, with the right “modjo”.

I own 2 beautiful Binson Echo machines, one Echorec 2 and one Sound City Echorec and to my ears, this plug in sounds very close to the real units.
Old 14th December 2017
Gear Maniac

About the volume: the thing is that this delay, compared to some other, is actually modeled from a circuit. The input stage amplifies the signal while the output stage work as an attenutor trying to get to unity. I can think about a boost option as a right click menu on the output knob, in this way the output volume will be twice louder.

I plan to get a v1.0.2 ready soon, in order to get that nasty AAX bug fixed. In the meanwhile, check this wonderful guitar performance by our friend Davide Pepi.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Luca
Old 14th December 2017
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiority View Post
About the volume: the thing is that this delay, compared to some other, is actually modeled from a circuit. The input stage amplifies the signal while the output stage work as an attenutor trying to get to unity. I can think about a boost option as a right click menu on the output knob, in this way the output volume will be twice louder.

I plan to get a v1.0.2 ready soon, in order to get that nasty AAX bug fixed. In the meanwhile, check this wonderful guitar performance by our friend Davide Pepi.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Luca

I like the performance. Very nice and compliments very well with the fx...
Old 14th December 2017
Gear Nut

Digging the demo! Instant Floyd vibe!

BTW I suggested this plugin to Bjorn from Gilmourish, would be nice to see his demo and hear his thoughts. Although he reviews hw pedals, he sometimes adds delay and reverb to his guitar tracks in Logic. He really should get a taste of Echoes T7E!
Old 15th December 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by possible pasts View Post
Digging the demo! Instant Floyd vibe!

BTW I suggested this plugin to Bjorn from Gilmourish, would be nice to see his demo and hear his thoughts. Although he reviews hw pedals, he sometimes adds delay and reverb to his guitar tracks in Logic. He really should get a taste of Echoes T7E!
Thanks! I would totally love to have his feedback on this!

Cheers,
Luca
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Echoes T7E updated to v1.0.2
- FIX: Harsh noise when bypassed (mono to stereo)
- FIX: Dry signal passing on wet channel when the magnetic drum stops

To update download and install the demo version from the product page or from your User Area account.

Effects Bundle owners: remember that you are ALWAYS elegible to purchase new plugins at the current bundle discount rate. Get in touch to place a custom order.

Cheers,
Luca
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search