The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
New Dangerous Music “CONVERT-AD+” Analog-to-Digital Converter unveiled
Old 30th July 2019
Lives for gear

I have made some samples comparing various setups and gizmos. But I have not put them up since they are probably not scientific enough for the cork sniffer crew.
Old 30th July 2019
As long as the only variable being changed is the converter - same files, same DAC, same cables, same power, etc - I don't see what the problem is.

My offer is still wide open for someone to provide audio samples (drums, vocals, an entire mix, whatever) so I can do an A/B/C comparison between the AD+, Burl B2 and Mytek Stereo192 being fed by a Crane Song Solaris. If you feel like sharing some I'll get on it this evening.
Old 31st July 2019
Gear Addict

FWIW I tested the Convert-2 and AD+ clocked by the HEDD Quantum. I found a tiny improvement in spaciousness, but it was an admittedly quick test when I had the AD+ on demo. I still have a Convert-2 (which uses the same Dangerous-modified JetPLL clock) and do prefer it with HEDD Q as master clock. It's a subtle difference though and the Dangerous clock is still really good. The Quantum and Grimm clocks are ridiculous though, certainly as good as I've ever heard, and with exceptional jitter measurements.
Old 31st July 2019
Lives for gear
Can someone please post vocals with the AD+ transformer cranked? Really would like to hear what it does to vox.
Old 1st August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krush411 View Post
Can someone please post vocals with the AD+ transformer cranked? Really would like to hear what it does to vox.
The transformer doesn't crank, it's on or off and it's very subtle. It's not a "Burl Mode" button or anything. The emphasis is what's adjustable and it, too, is far more subtle than any color options found on their 2-BUS+.

Last edited by ripripstabstab; 4 weeks ago at 03:34 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Looking forward too adding one to my summing rig
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantmidi View Post
Looking forward too adding one to my summing rig
Lol, will someone post an example for me and this man.......I just purchased the DBox+ and it made a difference in my setup, very interested in the ad+. Its all making sense with the dangerous craziness all these years.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
i have an AD+ and really love it. I might be able to do a quick video, what would you like to hear in the video?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovibis View Post
i have an AD+ and really love it. I might be able to do a quick video, what would you like to hear in the video?
That would be awesome. I would like to hear a dance/house/edm/techno/disco style music. Basically switching transformer on/of and dailing in some emphasis would be great.
I see you also have a 2Bus+. Me too. Really hoping the AD+ will finish off my current system Apollo 16MK2 <-> 2BUS+
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search