The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Black Rooster Audio releases the VPRE-73 Saturation Plugins
Old 15th November 2017
Gear Maniac

Software Black Rooster Audio releases the VPRE-73

THE VPRE-73 IS AVAILABLE!

The VPRE-73 plug-in is inspired by one of the most classic preamps in recording studio history. While streamlining the original processor, we did our best to bring you an authentic emulation of the discrete preamp circuitry and audio transformers, but also retained the famous high shelf filter band. The VPRE-73 provides you with the low-end magic, the high-end sparkle and just the right amount of THD required to recreate a unique and classic vibe.

The VPRE-73 will be available in VST/AAX/AudioUnits as a limited time offer for only $19 and a regular price of $29.
The offer will be available until the end of November, 2017.

Please visit BlackRoosterAudio.com for further info.

FEATURES

AUTHENTIC SOUND

Our real time SPICE type component based circuit simulation approach allows to authentically capture the sound and feel of the analog counterpart in all nuances. Every crucial part of the circuit, including the input and output audio transformers, the discrete preamp circuit, as well as the HF shelving filter band have been faithfully modeled.

SSE2 OPTIMIZED CODE

DSP operations are pipe-lined using the SSE2 instruction set. This ensures highest possible performance operation despite very complex computations.

AUTO-ADJUSTED OVERSAMPLING FOR MAXIMUM AUDIO TRANSPARENCY

Aliasing artifacts are efficiently attenuated using a low latency linear phase Dolph-Chebyshev poly-phase design. The oversampling is auto adjusted to your session‘s sample rate to save valuable CPU power while offering the most transparent sound possible.

HIGHDPI / RETINA SUPPORT

All our plug-Ins support high pixel density on Mac OSX and Windows to bring you the most enjoyable user experience on high DPI displays. Please refer to your manual to find whether your DAW is HighDPI capable if you‘re working on Windows.
Old 15th November 2017
Lives for gear
First again. Throwing up demo...look at that price!
Old 15th November 2017
Gear Addict

This is going to be one of those plugins you can't be without if you want to make your sound more analog-like. Pushing gain around 54 gives you a creamy saturation while shaving off a couple of dBs from the peaks.
Just don't forget to use the right mouse click for linked operation which works like autogain, bringing the trim level down.
Old 15th November 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesha View Post
This is going to be one of those plugins you can't be without if you want to make your sound more analog-like. Pushing gain around 54 gives you a creamy saturation while shaving off a couple of dBs from the peaks.
Just don't forget to use the right mouse click for linked operation which works like autogain, bringing the trim level down.
I was about to ask about auto gain. Perfect!. Thanks
Old 15th November 2017
Lives for gear
A lot more subtle than a lot of options out there. Very musical. Reminds me of when I first heard the Phoenix Audio preamp. Hard to describe other than musical and smooth with added weight and dimension, heavy cream.

A and B back and forth and it is quite astonishingly more subtle and more musical in comparison to UAD, Sonimus (not a fan of this one but some love it), and Slate (no go for me). Definitely adds analog warmth. This glues the signal, adds some beef, width, and depth. Finding the sweet spot is between 54 and 60 ish and a bit more on vocals. The high shelf is just an extension of this sound.

Im more a fan of the Phoenix Audio DRS than the straight on 1073 but this does it for me.
Old 15th November 2017
Sonimus Burnley is my mojo plugin when I need it, but at this price ... BRA did it again!
Old 15th November 2017
Lives for gear

I really like how Black Rooster does transformer and gain stage modeling. Looking forward to checking it out.
Old 15th November 2017
Gear Maniac

Software

Thanks, Neno Fernando!

Old 15th November 2017
Here for the gear
Oooooh this looks good. I'm working a conference all day and can't check it out myself until tonight – can anyone get some rough CPU load estimates? Very much appreciated
Old 15th November 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysmix View Post
Oooooh this looks good. I'm working a conference all day and can't check it out myself until tonight – can anyone get some rough CPU load estimates? Very much appreciated
It's pretty good, around 2.6% on a six core Ryzen 5 1600 (3.75 GHz)
Old 15th November 2017
Lives for gear

Nice saturation. But I have to investigate a bit more of how it affects the track in more subtle uses.
Old 15th November 2017
Gear Addict

Bought... Will try it later!
Old 15th November 2017
Lives for gear

Been wondering what BRA are up to. Nice! Can't wait for what's next.
Old 15th November 2017
Gear Head

can't login my account...
Old 15th November 2017
Gear Addict

can't login!
Old 15th November 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bORT™ View Post
can't login my account...
Everyone that's encountering log-in issues: You can reset your password using the following link.

Please get in touch via our support form if the problem persists and we'll try our best to resolve it asap.

Thanks!
Old 15th November 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRooster View Post
Everyone that's encountering log-in issues: You can reset your password using the following link.

Please get in touch via our support form if the problem persists and we'll try our best to resolve it asap.

Thanks!
It worked! Thanks
Old 15th November 2017
Gear Head

account doesn't exist... re-register and it says account already exists... vicious circle :(
Old 15th November 2017
Lives for gear

Ok I'm excited about this. I love I love the sound of 1073 and at $19 this is a no brainier.
Old 15th November 2017
Gear Nut

I tried and it is very good, congrats, roosters!
Old 15th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysmix View Post
can anyone get some rough CPU load estimates? Very much appreciated
Quote:
It's pretty good, around 2.6% on a six core Ryzen 5 1600 (3.75 GHz)
0.8% on a 3.2Ghz i5 here. First impression is... lovely!
Old 15th November 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
0.8% on a 3.2Ghz i5 here. First impression is... lovely!
Hmm, I just tried Reaper and it shows 0.2%. The 2.6% load is measured in Hermann Seib's VSTHost.
Old 15th November 2017
Wow great price! I usually don't talk about pricing since it gets a bit silly, but BR stuff sounds great and a wonderful way to dip in the old toe!
Old 15th November 2017
Wow, demoing it on vocals that have been carefully recorded with Mojave MA-1000 through a clean OMEGA preamp. And the VPRE enhances the already wonderful soundstage in such a subtle way that it becomes addictive. Amazing. Clear, silky, with just a little more authority and without being recognizable, until you turn it off. Have to cross-check but don't believe I have heard a pre-emulation like this, neither from Slate, or Kush or from any Nebula or Acustica. Some sort of magic.
Old 15th November 2017
Gear Addict

If you subscribe to the BRA mailing list there's a coupon that netted me VPRE-73 for a cool $15!
Old 15th November 2017
Gear Addict

Gonna demo (heck, insta-buy at that price)... FINALLY a developer has satisfied my OCD and put the output sat on a dial. That's a really huge deal for me and a massive oversight from all the devs that miss this. I'd like to go further and split the two stages out, so we could use inserts inside the circuit and get a coat of uniformity at the beginning AND end of my chains. But modelling both stages is a really good start, kudos BRA!

Really hope this is the start of a line of spice-based preamps! Ohhh do Trident! Do Trident!!
Old 15th November 2017
ukm
Gear Nut

I purchased some of your plugins recently and from my first impression they are fine tools. With only a few tweaks one can get nice results very quickly.
Even the noise that can be added with magnetide makes a difference. Probably there is no need for noise shaping before dithering when there already is something happening in this range.
Old 15th November 2017
Bought! Sounds great, softer than Burnley in the preamp side and more sweet in the air band.
Old 16th November 2017
Ok bought based on the video.... I'm really hoping this is like the 458a where it adds that open feeling. I really like machine based boxes that add their own form of eq and transient shaping. I still can't quite understand how distortion can make something sound clearer (seems counterintuitive). I guess it's harmonics. I've really been wanting to check out this company and they made this impossible to pass up.....
Old 16th November 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Hmm, this isn't working for me on a MacBook. Think it can only be done with a mouse? Is there a specific spot where I need to right click?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search