The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TBProAudio: DynaRida - Advanced Gain Rider Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X Dynamics Plugins
Old 13th November 2017
Gear Addict

Software TBProAudio: DynaRide - Advanced Gain Rider Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

TBProAudio announces DynaRide, an advanced gain rider plugin with multiple detector programs and signal enhancer

DynaRide offers following features:
  • Adjustable attack and release
  • Advanced signal detector including programs for vocal, speech and bass
  • Vocal, speech and bass enhancer
  • Switchable pre-delay
  • VU meter for input/output signal and gain
  • Gain can be written as automation envelope
  • Preset management
  • Large and easy to use GUI
  • 64-bit internal processing

System Requirements:
  • Windows XP or newer
  • Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
  • Win: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
  • OS X: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32/64 Bit AU, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
  • Tested with: Cockos Reaper, Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab 6/7/8, FL Studio 12, ProTools 10/12

Demo version available

Price: 39€
Old 13th November 2017
Lives for gear

What is the practical difference between this and your GainRider2 plugin?
Old 13th November 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM Grabber View Post
What is the practical difference between this and your GainRider2 plugin?
GainRider2 has side-chain input with multiple use cases (Ducking etc) and extensive pre-delay functionality. In practise GainRider2 just levels.

DynaRide has special programs for vocal, dialogue and bass material.
DynaRide controls attack and release times. In practise DynaRide sculpts the sound.

I hope this helps:-)
Old 13th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBProAudio View Post
GainRider2 has side-chain input with multiple use cases (Ducking etc) and extensive pre-delay functionality. In practise GainRider2 just levels.

DynaRide controls attack and release times. In practise DynaRide sculpts the sound.

so it works like a compressor?
Old 13th November 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermat View Post
so it works like a compressor?
Both: compressor and expander
Old 13th November 2017
Gear Maniac

why no side chain?.../s~
Old 13th November 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveGS View Post
why no side chain?.../s~
Well, just a design decision, maybe later :-)
Old 13th November 2017
Gear Maniac

...well, ok then...thanx for the reply.../s~
Old 14th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

Thanks..... That confirmed what I got from the info... and the name

Will look into both...
Old 15th November 2017
Gear Head

A video of how it works would be helpful, is one coming?
Old 15th November 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ha33y View Post
A video of how it works would be helpful, is one coming?
Yes, we are working on it
Old 18th November 2017
Here for the gear
how can you put out a plugin with out a lil demonstration.
Old 19th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrambo954 View Post
how can you put out a plugin with out a lil demonstration.
You can demo it...
Old 20th November 2017
Gear Addict

Update to 1.0.1:

Update to 1.0.1:
- Small fix for preset management
- Fix for prev/next preset
- VST2: bypass fix
Old 19th December 2017
Gear Addict

Update to 1.0.2:
- Small fix for value fields
- Start-up: Fix for erroneous start-up values
Old 19th December 2017
Gear Maniac

...side chain?...maybe?.../s~
Old 19th December 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
We have this already on our todo list :-) Need to see when we can implement this...
Old 19th December 2017
Gear Maniac

...cool...I have most/all the other "auto-gain-riders-etc" and your implementation for my workflow is by far the best (or maybe that's just me )...solves a lot of "compander" issues...Cheers!.../s~
Old 22nd March 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
...cool...I have most/all the other "auto-gain-riders-etc" and your implementation for my workflow is by far the best (or maybe that's just me )...solves a lot of "compander" issues...Cheers!.../s~
do you like the dynaride more than the gainrider?
Old 22nd March 2018
Gear Maniac

...actually, for the longest time, I've been using MAutoVolume. My SOP is to try any number of the different variants for a given plug-in until I have one that seems to fit the situation the best. (and sometimes just because I'm bored/dissatisfied). So I guess I'm agnostic about all the plugins. Just try'em till you find the one you "like" (today, it's not like you're gettin' married)...hth.../s~
Old 22nd March 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
...actually, for the longest time, I've been using MAutoVolume. My SOP is to try any number of the different variants for a given plug-in until I have one that seems to fit the situation the best. (and sometimes just because I'm bored/dissatisfied). So I guess I'm agnostic about all the plugins. Just try'em till you find the one you "like" (today, it's not like you're gettin' married)...hth.../s~
thanx ... i hoped you will say "this vst is the best, get it"
i have no nerves to test them all because i'm not sure if any plugin can deliver the results i need and can get manually and i'm tired of losing time fu**in around with so many sluts i don't even really like ... wanna marry some beauties and then make music with them
Old 22nd March 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Implemented with release V1.1.0.
Old 22nd March 2018
Gear Maniac

@Hugelife187...I hear ya, but ya never know until ya try'em...which is what led me here...so....

@tbpA...with sidechain available I will give it another shot...basically, I never use AG without the sidechain signal...good to know.../s~
Old 13th June 2018
Lives for gear

Can't stand Waves' offering. Hornet is in the same boat. MAutoVolume is better, but still doesn't cut it. About to audition PowAir.

So far, everything I've seen has the same problem. The attack / release is constant, and fails to adapt to changes in vocal rhythm. I end up having to chop up the vocals manually so the jumps are all during moments of silence in order to achieve a level loudness contour where the envelope from one word or phrase does not adversely affect the envelope of it's neighbors. Sure, I can choose faster or slower, but it's really just a choice between two poorly implemented static options when what's needed is a smarter, adaptive attack/release (probably requiring longer lookahead, analysis period)

Who can compare DynaRide with the usual suspects for (rapid-fire and dynamic) vocal leveling duties?

Also, why is this a separate plugin from GainRider 2? GainRider says right on the website it's primarily a vocal leveler, and DynaRide singles out use for vocals/dialog. It's a mixed message at best. Why one vs the other for vocal leveling?

Last edited by Ain't Nobody; 13th June 2018 at 08:23 PM..
Old 14th June 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ain't Nobody View Post
Also, why is this a separate plugin from GainRider 2? GainRider says right on the website it's primarily a vocal leveler, and DynaRide singles out use for vocals/dialog. It's a mixed message at best. Why one vs the other for vocal leveling?
DynaRide is specially designed for handling individual vocals / instruments.
Of course, with GainRider2 you will achieve acceptable results when dealing with vocals.
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
DynaRide is specially designed for handling individual vocals / instruments.
Of course, with GainRider2 you will achieve acceptable results when dealing with vocals.
That description is no less confusing. If you're implying that GainRider2 ISN'T specially designed for handling vocals, then it's quite odd that it's description on your site starts with "Gainrider 2 is a (vocal-) gain riding tool..."

Not trying to be a PITA, just trying to understand why they are two separate plugs, and which situations are optimized for each. I can't imagine I'm the first person to ever visit the website specifically looking for a vocal riding plugin, and left instead scratching my head wondering whether GainRider is set to be deprecated, etc.

Or, more productively: I'm in search of a vocal leveling plugin to handle rapid-fire dynamic vocals, and have been less than impressed with Waves and others due mainly to their fixed time constants, and inability to dynamically adapt without peaks affecting surrounding words or phrases.

Is there one of your products you would suggest to see if I can get a better result? If so, which, and why that vs the other?
Old 14th June 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ain't Nobody View Post
Is there one of your products you would suggest to see if I can get a better result? If so, which, and why that vs the other?
Well, if you work mainly with vocals, DynaRide is your choice. It has more options/functions specifically for vocals/dialogues/instruments.

If you are more in general loudness levelling (e.g. EBU R128), then GainRider2 is the right one. Its flexible sensitivity and pre-delay lets you work better on the "macro" dynamics.

Please try both demo versions, fully functional with small restrictions.

I hope this helps
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Is there a mono version? Downloaded demo, only finding it in stereo / Audio Unit Logic Pro X. I'm guessing that the basic algorithm is the same as GainRider2? Compiling the most efficient and transparent channel strip for voice over work.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSF View Post
Is there a mono version? Downloaded demo, only finding it in stereo / Audio Unit Logic Pro X.
right, mono is gone because of side chain function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSF View Post
Is there a mono version? I'm guessing that the basic algorithm is the same as GainRider2? Compiling the most efficient and transparent channel strip for voice over work.
No, it is not the same. DynaRide has a totally different implementation. The algo focus more on individual voices/instruments.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
right, mono is gone because of side chain function.
That is unfortunate, as vocals tend to be in mono.
Using this plugin would add a step to my workflow of converting back to mono after processing.

Quote:
No, it is not the same. DynaRide has a totally different implementation. The algo focus more on individual voices/instruments.
So do you officially recommend DynaRide for vocal riding vs GainRider2?
The demonstration video of GainRider is featuring a vocal track, so this point is bit confusing on your marketing. Otherwise, your plugins seem to be very high quality, and I'd like to request a mono option. Is PreDelay basically Lookahead?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search