The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mastering The Mix Releases EXPOSE Quality Control Application
Old 8th December 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZk View Post
Only 1 computer with serial?
Drop us an email at [email protected] and we’ll enable a second activation in your license for you.

Thanks.
Old 8th December 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasteringtheMix View Post
Drop us an email at [email protected] and we’ll enable a second activation in your license for you.

Thanks.
I didn't activate my version yet, but I dislike such complicated procedures. I hate feeling like a beggar.
There are other companies handling it a lot more client-friendly. You get a serial for your product and you're good to go. Minimum headaches!

cheers
Old 8th December 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by densaven View Post
I didn't activate my version yet, but I dislike such complicated procedures. I hate feeling like a beggar.
There are other companies handling it a lot more client-friendly. You get a serial for your product and you're good to go. Minimum headaches!

cheers
Completely agree! We reviewed this issue recently and we will be implementing a better system for our clients. Thanks for the feedback
Old 8th December 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by densaven View Post
I didn't activate my version yet, ....
Same here. For a number of reasons I'd been trying to decide the best PC to use it on!
Good to hear improvements should be on their way.
Old 15th December 2017
Gear Maniac

I quite like this, quick average level of your mixes and reference songs. Basically, for todays Spotify/Apple/Youtube -usage you need to pay attention to the first two boxes: Aim for -13int and true peak of -1db and you're ready. The stereo box, well, I guess wonky channel balance is quite rare. The last box shows you dynamic range throughout the whole song, eq. the overall compression. The lower row shows the short term loudness range, which is "difference between parts", which you can pretty much ignore, a steady song will show pretty small numbers even if it's not crushed at all.
Old 15th December 2017
Lives for gear

I've not found a way to save loaded songs as a recallable preset ... am I missing something ?
Old 30th July 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
If you prefer a more compressed sound, I would recommend addressing each channel with the right amount of compression for that material rather than pushing a blanket setting over the whole mix. That was y you could fine tune the sound you are trying to achieve in the most appropriate way for each instrument and sound.

Spotify would stream your track somewhere between -12 to -16 LUFS integrated regardless of how loud you master it, so go for the sound that right for you and Spotify will normalise.

I would still recommend keeping your true peaks at -1dBTP (decibels true peak).

If you're level matching to check how your production compares in terms of the balance, you're better off bringing the reference track volume down to match your production rather than pushing the limiter to bring up the level of your production. This is because extreme settings on the limiter can effectively change the balance of your track.
YES!

ALL of this advice is great, but the highlighted part = GOLDEN
Old 10th October 2018
Here for the gear

Hello ! I can not lower the range of brightness (Loudness Range ) to master mix! What should I do ??? THANX
Old 10th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by EduardMix View Post
Hello ! I can not lower the range of brightness (Loudness Range ) to master mix! What should I do ??? THANX
Hi there

Here is a tutorial we wrote on Pro Tools Expert about Loudness Range, I hope you find it helpful: Pro Tools | Tutorial - In Music Mastering What Is Loudness Range?

Thanks,

Mastering The Mix
Old 12th October 2018
Lives for gear

This is such a great little utility!

May I ask... what exactly is the track display showing? I know it's supposed to be a quick-glance idea of the shape of the track but I noticed some quirky things about it. Is it showing RMS, not peaks?
Old 12th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiBoy View Post
This is such a great little utility!

May I ask... what exactly is the track display showing? I know it's supposed to be a quick-glance idea of the shape of the track but I noticed some quirky things about it. Is it showing RMS, not peaks?
Thanks for the compliments You have a sharp eye! We came up with a little trick so quiet songs wouldn't show a super small waveform.
Old 13th October 2018
Lives for gear

Ahh, I think I get it. Cool

Expose is just so damn handy. When I want to see an instant read-out of a track's stats, this is it. I use it to A/B different mixes or masters of the same songs too. The single click play works really well for that.
Old 26th October 2018
Lives for gear

Question: How come EXPOSE only allows 1 license activation? My other MTM stuff allows 2 so I can use on my studio desktop and my laptop. It's not a huge biggie but... (would be nice if I could also do it with EXPOSE )
Old 26th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Question: How come EXPOSE only allows 1 license activation? My other MTM stuff allows 2 so I can use on my studio desktop and my laptop. It's not a huge biggie but... (would be nice if I could also do it with EXPOSE )
Drop us an email via our support system and we’ll sort you out: Mastering The Mix Software Support | Mastering The Mix

Thanks
Old 28th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Drop us an email via our support system and we’ll sort you out: Mastering The Mix Software Support | Mastering The Mix

Thanks
Done and done. Thank you for the superb customer service
Old 21st December 2018
Lives for gear

Feature Request

It would be nice if it highlighted WHERE in the track the highest Short Term loudness reading occurred. I know it could confuse people by looking like a 'problem' in the track, ala phase issues, but if you used a complementary shade of blue rather than red, I think it would work and be a nice enhancement.
Old 21st December 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Feature Request

It would be nice if it highlighted WHERE in the track the highest Short Term loudness reading occurred. I know it could confuse people by looking like a 'problem' in the track, ala phase issues, but if you used a complementary shade of blue rather than red, I think it would work and be a nice enhancement.
Hey

EXPOSE already does that. You can isolate all the parts of the track where the short-term LUFS exceed the threshold by clicking on the short-term LUFS numeric readout.

Thanks,

Tom.
Old 24th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey

EXPOSE already does that. You can isolate all the parts of the track where the short-term LUFS exceed the threshold by clicking on the short-term LUFS numeric readout.

Thanks,

Tom.
Oh yes, it does but only when short term loudness is a 'problem' when you're using one of the mixing presets. I hover around Club/CD mastering settings so I guess it's no problem to just switch around modes to get the insights I'm after.

Love this little app (and Reference and Levels and Animate... sheesh)
Old 10th September 2019
Gear Nut

Hi,

Since I owe Expose, I still have to set again the output setting (which are not my first 1-2 channels but are channels 5 and 6 of my RME) every time I open Expose.

Is it the same with you ?

Could the "save" button save the settings indeed ?

Thanks ;-)

Last edited by phaz; 10th September 2019 at 03:04 PM..
Old 10th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz View Post
Hi,

Since I owe Expose, I still have to set again the output setting (which are not my first 1-2 channels but are channels 5 and 6 of my RME) every time I open Expose.

Is it the same with you ?

Could the "save" button save the settings indeed ?

Thanks ;-)
Thanks for the feedback, we'll make sure to update this in the next release.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Hi,

I have the feeling that Expose's Dynamic Range readings are totally off, anyone else experiencing this?

Like on my Brainworx meter I'm perfectly fine within the same range as references but when i load it in Expose it's totally different

Or does Expose's DR meter displays only the part with the least Dynamic Range instead of the average track DR?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightysix View Post
Hi,

I have the feeling that Expose's Dynamic Range readings are totally off, anyone else experiencing this?

Like on my Brainworx meter I'm perfectly fine within the same range as references but when i load it in Expose it's totally different

Or does Expose's DR meter displays only the part with the least Dynamic Range instead of the average track DR?
Hi

The DR reading in EXPOSE gives you the max DR reading if the audio file. Put another way, it shows the least dynamic 3 seconds of the file.

I hope that clarifies this for you.

Thanks,

Tom.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Hi

The DR reading in EXPOSE gives you the max DR reading if the audio file. Put another way, it shows the least dynamic 3 seconds of the file.

I hope that clarifies this for you.

Thanks,

Tom.
Hi Tom ,

thanks for the reply ! that explains a lot. Is this the same for the LUFS reading? For me personally it would make way more sense to receive an average reading of the whole song (DR, Lufs,....), so I can compare to averages of reference songs, instead of the least dynamic 3 seconds of the file.

Thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightysix View Post
Hi Tom ,

thanks for the reply ! that explains a lot. Is this the same for the LUFS reading? For me personally it would make way more sense to receive an average reading of the whole song (DR, Lufs,....), so I can compare to averages of reference songs, instead of the least dynamic 3 seconds of the file.

Thanks
Thanks for the feedback We'll add this to our feature request list and discuss it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

The average of the least dynamic 3 secs is of little use to me. Maybe you should consider some way to show the total average, max x secs and min x secs of the file?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search