The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Heritage Audio Elite Series Single-Channel Preamps
Old 17th November 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strobian View Post
The wall wart... not as excited all of sudden...
Not a wall wart

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddistribution
The power supply is a high quality external switching psu (not a wall wart). There is also further linear regulation inside the units chassis.
Old 17th November 2017
Quote:
They've said twice it's not a wall wart, but I need to understand, what's the scientific problem with it being one?
Old 17th November 2017
Lives for gear

it's just a gearslutz no no that people keep repeating
Old 17th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slogun View Post
Not a wall wart
Its still something hanging off the back of the unit. Call it what you want. I think they are just trying to reassure everyone when they tried to save money on the power supply or space it still functions correctly. I prefer standard power cables with internal PSU myself. The price here though is still worth it, if these sound great.
Old 17th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
quote from HA
"The power supply is a high quality external switching psu (not a wall wart). There is also further linear regulation inside the units chassis."
Old 17th November 2017
Lives for gear

Their other products has external PSU as well, but with a different connector. Might keep them from getting warm and buzzy and prolong their life? Hope the PSU will drive multiple units or that they will offer one that does power say 4 of them. I’m def getting two right away and more later on: EQ as inserts in the console when mixing, DI and pre for recording. At this price it’s a good price for the EQ part or pre alone, costing the same as their 500 EQ that needs a power chassis and excludes a pre.
Old 17th November 2017
Gear Maniac

Usually, it's a simple way to achieve UL listing. As a bonus, its possible to achieve lower noise in some situations.
Old 17th November 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckdaddy View Post
Hope the PSU will drive multiple units or that they will offer one that does power say 4 of them.
This.

With everything else I have powered at the moment, I barely have 1-2 free outlets at times and definitely not 8 spare outlets if I picked up a few of these.
Old 20th November 2017
Gear Addict
Will the Ha73 EQ ELITE, sound the same as an 73jr+73JrEQ? For half the price? Plus its not 500 series format so we have to factor in the cost of the power supply.
Old 21st November 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarist9891 View Post
Will the Ha73 EQ ELITE, sound the same as an 73jr+73JrEQ? For half the price? Plus its not 500 series format so we have to factor in the cost of the power supply.
All Elite units include power supplies.
Old 21st November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddistribution View Post
All Elite units include power supplies.
Any chance we can see what they look like?
Old 21st November 2017
Gear Addict
So basically it is half the cost of the 73jr+JrEq 500 series units. Interesting, wonder if it really sounds the same. Can’t wait for reviews.

I own a 73jr and was planning to get jrEq in the near future. Given that Heritage Audio quality is top notch, can’t wait to see reviews and opinions of users who owned their previous stuff.
Old 24th November 2017
Gear Head

Order mine from SW. Happy T-day to me.
Old 26th November 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
HA-73 EQ ELITE
Made to the same specifications as the acclaimed ´73JR, ´73EQJR and DMA73 models.
Wow. Same pedigree of eq with a pre in a 19" rack? Extremely interested in 1 or 2 of these...
Old 28th November 2017
Lives for gear

Can’t wait for reviews on the sound of these and to see what else Heritage May have up their sleeve.
Old 28th November 2017
Lives for gear

An elite version of the 2364/33609 would be farking awesome and a great stocking filler!
Old 28th November 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Neve Slut View Post
An elite version of the 2364/33609 would be farking awesome and a great stocking filler!
While it may not look as Neve-y, Black Lion Audio does a pretty cheap 33609 clone! They don't have them on their site anymore but there are a couple on Reverb.
Old 1st December 2017
Gear Maniac

The price of these is astonishing. More or less what a modded GAP Pre 73 costs here. Very very excited to check these out. This is basically what I wanted Warm Audio to bring us, but given Heritage's background, and if these sound the same as their other units, this will sound even better than what Warm could've offered.
Old 1st December 2017
Here for the gear

Whhhattt !! Just can't wait !!! l saw it first on sweetwater and l thought it was a mistake in the price because l coudn't beleive it !!!!!!!

Last edited by Dabass; 2nd December 2017 at 01:24 PM..
Old 1st December 2017
Lives for gear

man, every time I read a new product release on GS I loose a little faith in humanity.

"Can you make a MKII version in a 3 RU in red with rubber stoppers on the bottom and oh can you add the 2254 compressor and oh can it be 100 dollars cheaper?"

And secondly, JESUS CHRIST, read the thread before you speak!!!

"oh man a wall-wart"

"a wall-wart, no!"

"does it have a wall-wart?"

"man a cheap wall-wart, suck"
Old 5th December 2017
Lives for gear

Will the 10 series units get some "elite" versions down the road
Old 19th December 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIEL View Post
Will the 10 series units get some "elite" versions down the road
nothing is off the table when it comes to future products in the elite series, but for now heritage has it hands full with the current elite and upcoming ram series monitor controller line up.
Old 21st December 2017
Gear Addict

Ugh. I'm invested in 500 series (including a 73jr in an MCM-8), but this is soooo much cheaper. I'm interested to hear how it compares once they're out there. Oh, and against the new Warm Audio 73 series just announced .
Old 22nd December 2017
Gear Nut

Pulled from Facebook for everyone asking for gutshots

One of our lead techs Pilar putting the finishing touches on a HA73EQ in our Madrid headquarters.

Our more than 7 years of experience with this circuit have lead us to several all important design choices including the use of 3 distinct period correct “Vinkor” style inductors as opposed to the commonly used single ferrite inductor. The benefits of this design include it being the only way to insure the correct hi-mid frequency curves as well as minimizing phase distortion and providing far less harsh highs
Attached Thumbnails
Heritage Audio Elite Series-image1.jpg  
Old 23rd December 2017
Here for the gear

We are ready for shootout!
Old 23rd December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krinke View Post
We are ready for shootout!
Yep will be interesting to hear HA73, WA73, SA73, BLA B173 and PRE73 DLX+ compare!
Old 23rd December 2017
I buy from Zzounds and if they have them ill support you guys.
Old 23rd December 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
HA73, WA73, SA73, BLA B173 and PRE73 DLX+
What a wonderful time we live in.
Old 23rd December 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Yep will be interesting to hear HA73, WA73, SA73, BLA B173 and PRE73 DLX+ compare!
Also against the other HA, BAE, and Vintech strips, especially since they offer versions with EQ.
Old 24th December 2017
Gear Head

Hi, just wondering what retailers in Europe will carry these ?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search