The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Warm Audio Introduces WA-47 Tube Condenser Microphone Condenser Microphones
Old 9th November 2017
News Desk Editor

Warm Audio Introduces WA-47 Tube Condenser Microphone

Warm Audio Introduces WA-47 Tube Condenser Microphone-screen-shot-2017-11-09-9.51.40-am.jpg
Warm Audio Introduces WA-47 Tube Condenser Microphone

Blast from the past

The WA-47 is an all vacuum tube, large diaphragm, transformer balanced, multi-pattern (9), large condenser microphone, based on the classic ‘47 that has been used on countless hit records for the last 50+ years. The WA-47 is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications and sounds great on vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass/woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.

The classic ‘47 became extremely popular as a vocal microphone in the 1960’s and is now considered one of the greatest microphones ever made. The classic ‘47 mic is still widely used today in professional recording studios but has become extremely rare and expensive to acquire. We at Warm Audio are very excited to bring this all vacuum tube, large diaphragm, transformer balanced, '47 style, large condenser microphone to the market at such an affordable price. We feel confident that you will enjoy a lifetime of beautiful recordings with the WA-47.

True '47 style capsule

The WA-47 utilizes a custom reproduction of the vintage k47 style capsule that was used in the classic ‘47 microphone - designed with the same hole pattern and frequency response. Every Warm Audio capsule is made in the same small assembly house in a clean-room environment, and packaged in its own protective jewel case until the moment it is loaded into the microphone. Each capsule is visually inspected and electrically tested for imperfections.

A large part of any microphone's tone comes from its capsule, and the true k47 style capsule used in the WA-47 is not easily manufactured or typically found in affordable condenser microphones. We are proud to be using such a faithful recreation of this classic part in an affordably priced '47 style microphone.

Specifications:

• Custom true '47 style capsule reproduction (k47) - Model# WA-47-B-80v
• TAB-Funkenwerk (AMI) USA output transformer
• JJ Slovak 5751 vacuum tube
• Gotham 3 meter GAC-7, 7-pin tube microphone cable
• Wima, Solen French, and Polystyrene capacitors
• Polar Patterns: 9 patterns - Cardioid, Omni, figure-of-eight + 6 mixed patterns
• Self-noise: 11dBA
• Dynamic range: 130dBA
• Maximum SPL: 140dB (<0.5% THD)
• Frequency Range: 20 Hz~20 kHz
• Output Impedance: 200 ohms
• Rated Load Impedance: ≥2kOhms
• S/N Ratio: 82dBA
• Equivalent Noise: 10dBA (IEC651)
• External IEC grounded PSU
• Includes: Microphone, Wood box, PSU, Shockmount, Gotham 7 pin GAC-7 cable, IEC power cable
• Total Weight - 9 lbs
• Mic Diameter: 90mm
• Mic Length: 254mm

Available on December 1st 2017. MSRP: $899

For further information, please visit:
Attached Thumbnails
Warm Audio Introduces WA-47 Tube Condenser Microphone-screen-shot-2017-11-09-9.51.40-am.jpg  
Old 9th November 2017
Gear Maniac

First
Would like to hear some demos
Old 9th November 2017
Lives for gear

Damn!
Warm Audio and Stam Audio are going hard at it these days.
the WA47 is half the price of a SA47
Old 9th November 2017
Gear Nut
Is the Australian Capsule made from Beesneez?

Is this capsule entirely made by the Australian Company or are these chinese made capsules modified in Australia?

Why did Warm Chose the 5751 Tube for this Microphone?
What Kind of modifications were made to the circuit to make the 5751 work in a u47 similar circuit?

Is the PSU also made by Warm or is this a stock chinese model?

Thanks for answering
I'm interrested in this mic!
Old 9th November 2017
Lives for gear

Very classy looking and the price does not break the bank! I think I will buy it because I don't have a figure 8 pattern mic in my collection.
Old 9th November 2017
I was told the capsule was built by 3u Audio.
Old 9th November 2017
surprise surprise: another clone from warm audio ...
Old 9th November 2017
Gear Maniac

Power supply looks very similar (externally) to those used for the Avantone BV mics. Not saying that’s good or bad, just saying. The mic certainly looks the part, but if it sounds good too, a pair could be mighty fine.
Old 9th November 2017
Gear Maniac

A pair of WA87’s, a pair of WA47’s and a pair of WA47jr’s all together would run about the same price as one U87ai.
Old 10th November 2017
Lives for gear

This is awesome. Can't wait to try one out.

Will be interesting to see how this one holds up to other clones, i.e. Advanced Audio, Peluso, Pearlman, etc.

On a related note, I'd love to see Warm Audio try their hand at a Neve clone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick8801 View Post
I was told the capsule was built by 3u Audio.
Where did you hear this?
Old 10th November 2017
Jai guru deva om

Congrats on a good looking mic at a great price, with a nice parts list to boot.

Just placed our stocking order, excited!
Old 10th November 2017
Jai guru deva om

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolP View Post
First
Would like to hear some demos
We will record them and add to the Clipalator upon arrival, hopefully that Dec 1st ship date is a good one.
Old 10th November 2017
Gear Nut

Nice.
Old 10th November 2017
Lives for gear
I've noticed the "Inspired" Mics are getting better from them. I think this is gonna be a hit. Will it sound like a genuine vintage u 47? I don't care - if it has a larger than life signal and Depth and Clarity i'm in.
Old 10th November 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkaitkai View Post
This is awesome. Can't wait to try one out.

Will be interesting to see how this one holds up to other clones, i.e. Advanced Audio, Peluso, Pearlman, etc.

On a related note, I'd love to see Warm Audio try their hand at a Neve clone.

Where did you hear this?
Yeah, a "WA-1073" is my wet dream as well. Listen up, Warm Audio! ;-) The WA-47 seems like a winner on paper; can't wait to hear audio examples. I've yet to try any of their microphones, but I do own a WA-76, and if the same quality and philosophy applies to the mics, I'm sold. Way to go!

Last edited by gunnisen; 10th November 2017 at 02:33 PM..
Old 10th November 2017
Gear Nut

We own several products by Warm (wa12, wa76, wa2a and wa87), and are happy with all of them .
Their U87 does not sound exactly like our vintage U87 (non AI), but it's great capturing almost anything you put in front of it, a bit brighter than our U87.
I will try to buy the new U47 clon, for sure.
Old 11th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by briczo View Post
Is the Australian Capsule made from Beesneez?

Is this capsule entirely made by the Australian Company or are these chinese made capsules modified in Australia?

Why did Warm Chose the 5751 Tube for this Microphone?
What Kind of modifications were made to the circuit to make the 5751 work in a u47 similar circuit?

Is the PSU also made by Warm or is this a stock chinese model?

Thanks for answering
I'm interrested in this mic!
The capsule isn't a BeesNeez. As far as I am aware, there is no other Company actually making capsules in Australia!!
Old 11th November 2017
Gear Addict

Woohoo yeaaaah baaaaby, now that's what I'm talking about Willis!

Oh well, bye bye to the kids Christmas fund....

Spose you could replace the capsule with a genuine one and take it up another level? Or maybe it doesn't need it, but I'm mega interested in this and have been priced out of the 47 market till now
Old 11th November 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruidostudios View Post
We own several products by Warm (wa12, wa76, wa2a and wa87), and are happy with all of them .
Their U87 does not sound exactly like our vintage U87 (non AI), but it's great capturing almost anything you put in front of it, a bit brighter than our U87.
I will try to buy the new U47 clon, for sure.
Unfortunately, their U87 doesn't sound like U87 AI either.
Old 12th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mics View Post
The capsule isn't a BeesNeez. As far as I am aware, there is no other Company actually making capsules in Australia!!
I can't find the quote now, but I think they said "Australian capsule maker". Does not specify that it is "made in Australia", haha...
Old 12th November 2017
Rin
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaki23 View Post
Unfortunately, their U87 doesn't sound like U87 AI either.
The wa87 is built to be like the original/vintage 87, where you can put a battery in it... the 87AI is a modern 87...
Old 13th November 2017
Lives for gear
I haven't owned a tube mic since the Rode NTK first came out....I know people that really like that mic but I was really disappointed with the sibilant character so got rid of it pretty quick....I'm interested in the demo videos for sure....moon
Old 13th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonMusic View Post
I haven't owned a tube mic since the Rode NTK first came out....I know people that really like that mic but I was really disappointed with the sibilant character so got rid of it pretty quick....I'm interested in the demo videos for sure....moon
That's a shame, as I don't think the NTK is a good representative of tube mics in general. Great tube mics often have the effect of taming sibilance rather than enhancing it.
Old 13th November 2017
Here for the gear

Now make an M49
Old 13th November 2017
Gear Maniac
This looks great Great price thanks warm audio
Old 13th November 2017
Lives for gear

Very interested in this one. I want a great condenser mic that’s not harsh or too bland/boring.
Old 14th November 2017
Gear Maniac

1st video of the WA-47

Old 14th November 2017
Lives for gear

That power supply has to be the same one as the Avanton BV-1. Not a bad thing as it's a well built mic, but interesting none the less!
Old 14th November 2017
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRoomStudios View Post
Now make an M49
I second this recommendation.
Old 14th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonMusic View Post
A tube swap is a must for most NTKs unless you never use them on vocals. Mullard CV2493 (6922) are my recommendation. Or ask @BOWIE via proaudiotubes @ aol dot com because he is the guy to buy from.

Last edited by doom64; 14th November 2017 at 08:17 AM..
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search