The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Warm Audio Introduces WA-47 Tube Condenser Microphone Condenser Microphones
Old 7th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPR View Post
I also make capsules in Australia. These historically accurate CK12 replicas are made by me for our OPR Ultralux C12 and 251 Clones.

But i''m definitely not making the WA Capsule.

O.P.R Brass CK12 replica

Nice! Do you make the backplates too? Can i see some manufacturing videos? What cnc machines did you end up settling on?
Old 7th December 2017
I don't know if anyone already posted it, but Warm Audio posted some raw acoustic guitar tracks on their fb page. Sounds interesting, there's certain boldness and reach to them that I miss in most condenser microphones, on the other hand I hope it's not harsh.

2 WA-47's stereo -> 2 Warm Audio mystery preamps -> 2 WA-2A compressors

link: Dropbox - WA-47 Stereo Acoustic.wav
Attached Thumbnails
Warm Audio Introduces WA-47 Tube Condenser Microphone-24852423_1595998917154070_1605349647512478069_n.jpg  
Old 7th December 2017
Gear Nut
Listening on decent speakers now for the the first time, it sounds excellent. Can't wait to use it, and hear vocals isolated.

If i had to guess this mystery pre, I would say Neve, I know a lot of people are saying that, but really it sounds like a much nicer version of my GAP73 with that fat Neve tone.
Old 7th December 2017
Lives for gear

Interesting example. Thanks for that, cyjanopan.

I don't know if they used the mic positions from the pic or not, but they're really picking up a lot of breathing. I'm curious what patterns they were using. There's some nice energy in the low mids, but I'm not sure what I think about the 10k region. I'm hoping it's not harsh up there. I'll need to hear some unprocessed voice. It's also hard for me to know what the WA-2As are doing, tonally speaking, as I don't have any experience with the Warm version of the LA-2A.

It's going to be interesting as more examples get posted over the next few days.
Old 7th December 2017
Lives for gear

I'd still love to hear this mic with a more standardized mic pre, and definitely NOT with compression. There's coloration in that recording and it's tough to know where it's coming from.

Seems that we still have yet to hear the "mic."
Old 8th December 2017
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjono2000 View Post
If i had to guess this mystery pre, I would say Neve, I know a lot of people are saying that, but really it sounds like a much nicer version of my GAP73 with that fat Neve tone.
If it is Neve, I'm not sure I'd go with it since BAE is starting to look at the cheaper home market....I've got a Tonebeast that I like alot but the UK Sound pre looks very promising....I suppose once they are on the market, it will be a more informed choice....NAMM is just around the corner, I'm guessing WA will announce whatever it is then....moon
Old 8th December 2017
OPR
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by mics View Post
Nice! Do you make the backplates too? Can i see some manufacturing videos? What cnc machines did you end up settling on?
Yes I personally machine everything, and the Mylar is coated for me by a company in Melbourne Australia.
The machine and tooling are something I've developed with the help of my father in-law who worked for commonwealth aircraft and Boeing for 40 + years as a CNC machinist where precision was paramount.

Anyhow this is a Warm Audio thread so enough about me
Old 8th December 2017
Gear Nut
Home Page interesting..... 1,500 euro

I'm still going with the Warm though....

Last edited by blackjono2000; 8th December 2017 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: wrong price
Old 8th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes I personally machine everything, and the Mylar is coated for me by a company in Melbourne Australia.
The machine and tooling are something I've developed with the help of my father in-law who worked for commonwealth aircraft and Boeing for 40 + years as a CNC machinist where precision was paramount.

Anyhow this is a Warm Audio thread so enough about me
Pics or videos of the tooling and machinery? Or is it too secret like?

Cheers
Old 8th December 2017
Old 8th December 2017
Lives for gear

Old 8th December 2017
OPR
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by mics View Post
Pics or videos of the tooling and machinery? Or is it too secret like?

Cheers
Sorry to post again everyone!
But Ben I don't recall seeing pics, videos, or tooling of your or any other ck12 manufacturers online... so yeah to guess it's too secret like....

Back to wa47 chit chat.
Old 8th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sorry to post again everyone!
But Ben I don't recall seeing pics, videos, or tooling of your or any other ck12 manufacturers online... so yeah to guess it's too secret like....

Back to wa47 chit chat.
We have tons of pics and videos.

Back to the wa thread now!
Old 9th December 2017
As soon as this comes out im buying it no question.
Old 9th December 2017
Actually i preordered it earlier!!! Warm audio ftw!!!
Old 9th December 2017
Jai guru deva om

In stock and shipping both the tube and FET versions, we have a Clipalator sessions planned this week to hear on grand piano, female vocals, acoustic guitar and drums.
Attached Thumbnails
Warm Audio Introduces WA-47 Tube Condenser Microphone-wa47-cases.jpg   Warm Audio Introduces WA-47 Tube Condenser Microphone-wa47-package.jpg  
Old 10th December 2017
Gear Maniac
This microphone better sound good or I'm going to be very very disappointed with warm audio.

Don't sell us glorified stuff I don't need a glorified slick U-tube videos Beautiful packaging Nice looking boxes

The microphone better sound good or I'm just going to be depressed having spent time
on this site

Look warm audio if you've got this one right man I'm right behind you and this one

And can say finally we got there or I got there
Old 10th December 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrysound View Post
This microphone better sound good or I'm going to be very very disappointed with warm audio.

Don't sell us glorified stuff I don't need a glorified slick U-tube videos Beautiful packaging Nice looking boxes

The microphone better sound good or I'm just going to be depressed having spent time
on this site

Look warm audio if you've got this one right man I'm right behind you and this one

Oukidouki.
Old 10th December 2017
Old 10th December 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinzin View Post
GAP U47 Home Page

That looks interesting. I don’t think it’s going to compete with the warm though. It’s 1500 bux, and it looks to be more in the boutique market.
Old 10th December 2017
Gear Nut
When you say compete, do you mean in overall sales or in sound quality for the end user?
Old 10th December 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinzin View Post
GAP U47 Home Page

WOW

But hang on a minute what is the return policy on this microphone the gap U47?
It might sound crap

I've tested many of these U47 clones they all got returned including the Telefunken which cost $10,000 that mic the Telefunken U47 sounded pathetic boring and flat sounding, none of them came close too sounding like a real Neumann U47

Also what happens if you're U47 clone fails, packs up, you've got to package it all up in that massive big suitcase pay all shipping costs send it off wait for weeks or months for it to come back maybe pay import duties to get it back
Old 10th December 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjono2000 View Post
When you say compete, do you mean in overall sales or in sound quality for the end user?
I mean from a sales perspective. I'd love to hear both!
Old 10th December 2017
Gear Nut
Yes I think your right, definitely they have a better handle on the market, I'm hoping both will be excellent, and different, but neither obviously better than the other....
Old 10th December 2017
Lives for gear

Definitely interested in hearing the GAP vs the Warm vs a U47. If the GAPs capsule is good it seems like a sweet deal. I will wait to order until I get to hear good examples of both.
Old 11th December 2017
Gear Maniac
I haven't tried the Warm Audio WA-47, Stam Audio SA-47, GAP U47 microphones yet.

If they sound better than any of the other clones I've tried in the past then we've really got something to look forward to I've tried the Neumann M149 that microphone just sounds wrong however it sounds very open very clear but no balls, no depth like the original U47

I've tried wunder audio CM7 that mic sounds very very good but not good enough for me didn't really come Close to a real Neumann U47.

I've tried the modern new todays telefunken U47 that microphone again sounds very good but sounded basic not good enough not even close to a real Neumann u47

I have tried the SE Gemini mk2 and Se z5600a mk2 both microphones just sounded awful no real low-end no balls just sounds very sibilance harsh in the top end spiky and when you come to mix your songs you spend hours trying to cut out the disgusting high-end.

The original Neumann U47 which I've used on many many occasions and different original Neumann U47s sounded incredible it has magic it has amazing low-end, low end with depth,balls, richness, guts, vibe and sounded smooth rich and most importantly when you're mixing you can EQ the hell out of it without it sounding bad it never sounded bad when trying to EQ the vocal track in a final mix.

So if the Warm Audio WA-47, Stam Audio SA-47, GAP U47 has the original Neumann U47 magic and qualities then we can finally start to make music
Old 11th December 2017
Quote:
I haven't tried the Warm Audio WA-47, Stam Audio SA-47, GAP U47 microphones yet.

If they sound better than any of the other clones I've tried in the past then we've really got something to look forward to I've tried the Neumann M149 that microphone just sounds wrong however it sounds very open very clear but no balls, no depth like the original U47

I've tried wunder audio CM7 that mic sounds very very good but not good enough for me didn't really come Close to a real Neumann U47.

I've tried the modern new todays telefunken U47 that microphone again sounds very good but sounded basic not good enough not even close to a real Neumann u47

I have tried the SE Gemini mk2 and Se z5600a mk2 both microphones just sounded awful no real low-end no balls just sounds very sibilance harsh in the top end spiky and when you come to mix your songs you spend hours trying to cut out the disgusting high-end.

The original Neumann U47 which I've used on many many occasions and different original Neumann U47s sounded incredible it has magic it has amazing low-end, low end with depth,balls, richness, guts, vibe and sounded smooth rich and most importantly when you're mixing you can EQ the hell out of it without it sounding bad it never sounded bad when trying to EQ the vocal track in a final mix.

So if the Warm Audio WA-47, Stam Audio SA-47, GAP U47 has the original Neumann U47 magic and qualities then we can finally start to make music
Im pretty sure if a neumann m149, a tele u47 and a wunder cm7 dont do it for you... well... you can probably bet money the warm, stam, and gap wont either. Those are some damn good mics you just threw under the bus. The telefunken u47 has been my holy grail so far. Cant imagine any mic vintage or not, sounding much better than that
Old 11th December 2017
Quote:
Old 11th December 2017
Lives for gear

Thumbs down

Quote:

on this site

oh no, not you again....

Quote:

go and buy yourself an original U-47 or something comparable, and stop expecting the low/mid priced mics will do just the same as an OG U-47.
wake up, it's just not happening.

that comment about the M149 sounding wrong is very funny btw.
i'm quite sure none of these sub 1500$ U-47 clones will sound as good as a M149.
Old 11th December 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by kangking View Post
Im pretty sure if a neumann m149, a tele u47 and a wunder cm7 dont do it for you... well... you can probably bet money the warm, stam, and gap wont either. Those are some damn good mics you just threw under the bus. The telefunken u47 has been my holy grail so far. Cant imagine any mic vintage or not, sounding much better than that
I am referring to today's manufactured telefunken u47 sounding ordinary for me lacking any real magic at all sounding boring to be quite honest.
not the original one. Everyone knows the original is the bomb I've also stated the original is an amazing.

My point here is to inform people who have no idea the younger generation and to inform others not to waste their time and money.

So all we can do is have hope that these newer yet to be released clones I've listed which are the
Warm Audio WA-47, Stam Audio SA-47, GAP U47 Rupert Neve sE electronics RNT
Rode NT-49 - Valve Will be able to cut IT and gives us what we want the Neumann U47 sound, thank god their prices reachable
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search