The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
IK Multimedia releases T-RackS 5 mixing and mastering modular system for Mac/PC Equalizer Plugins
Old 31st October 2017
News Desk Editor

IK Multimedia releases T-RackS 5 mixing and mastering modular system for Mac/PC

IK Multimedia releases T-RackS 5 mixing and mastering modular system for Mac/PC-unnamed-5-.jpg
T-RackS 5 - the most powerful mixing and mastering modular system for Mac/PC is now available

Revolutionary mix and master workstation with new resizable interface, audiophile-grade engine, and 38 high-end modules makes achieving world-class sound easier than ever.

IK Multimedia is proud to announce T-RackS 5, the cutting-edge mixing and mastering system for Mac® and PC, is available now. T-RackS 5 is the most powerful modular mix and master system ever, offering incredible versatility with 4 all-new processors for a total of 38 high-quality modules including a new completely redesigned, resizable interface in a flexible 16-processor series/parallel chain with an unrivalled audio engine, a complete broadcast-ready professional metering section, as well as an album assembly section with multi-format export.

IK Multimedia has led the way in mixing and mastering software since it created T-RackS in 1999, evolving and expanding the collection while setting an industry standard for some of the world's best sounding plug-ins for professional applications. It's no coincidence that thousands of top-charting records have been made using T-RackS. Now T-RackS 5 has been re-mastered to be more powerful than ever, providing everything necessary to take raw mixes to a perfect finished product ready for digital delivery or CD duplication.

A dream collection
In T-RackS 5 there are now 38 incredible modules, including 4 all-new additions to the collection, allowing for the construction of a perfect studio set up:

The Master Match module is a new type of plug-in that automatically matches the sonic fingerprint of up to 3 reference tracks, using highly sophisticated algorithms and then applies that sound to a user's mix. Thanks to this new powerful module, it's easy to create great sounding masters without the need for any previous audio engineering experience or specialized skills.

Based on an iconic American piece of recording hardware, the new Dyna-Mu vari-mu compressor/limiter is praised for its subtle but instantly recognizable sound. Thanks to its transformers and all-tube modelled heart, it can impart an audible magic which glues all the parts of a mix together.

The new EQual digital equalizer is a 10-band, ultra-clear, high-end parametric equalizer with an extremely transparent sound, a full-screen resizable interface for ultra-precise editing and a vast array of filter shapes that replicate the typical curves of legendary British and American analog EQ's. This "hybrid monster" offers the best of both worlds: digital precision with ultra-detailed editing and on-demand analog character.

Developed as an "all-in-one" solution, the new ONE mastering processor has been designed for easy, streamlined and straightforward audio finalization. It includes an EQ, compressor, analog harmonic exciter, low-end enhancer and limiter that will let anyone achieve professional quality results in a snap.

Flexibility delivered 3 ways
T-RackS 5 offers the freedom and flexibility to optimize the mixing and mastering setup with 3 working environments:

- The standalone application for T-RackS 5 is a complete, self-contained, one-stop mixing and mastering workstation that allows users to load a set of audio tracks and output a finished product ready for digital delivery or CD replication.

- The plug-in suite provides nearly all the standalone mode features within the environment of a DAW as the most powerful channel strip or mastering chain available today as a plug-in.

- All T-RackS processors (including metering) can also be used as single plug-ins in any compatible DAW for multi-track mixing and stereo mastering duties.

Resizable user interface
The all-new graphic user interface is designed to control everything from a single window, smoother and faster than ever. Plus, it's fully resizable, meaning it can utilize up to the full size of a display. The new flexible chain view allows the modules to be dropped into the 16-processor series/parallel signal chain at will directly from the sidebar carousel showing all available T-RackS modules.

Audiophile-grade performance
T-RackS 5 now supports audio up to 192kHz/32-bit, with mastering for high-definition music platforms and distribution without ever leaving its single interface, including 4 dithering options to choose from. The internal resampling engine delivers nothing less than best-in-class audiophile performance including DDM (Digital Delivery Mastering) on the output from the final limiting stage, offering an additional layer of protection against inter-sample peaks and overshoots.

Comprehensive broadcast-ready metering
The new precision loudness LUFS meter is compliant with all leading professional reference standards for music delivery or broadcasting. Peak, RMS and Dynamic Range meters provide useful information about the dynamic response of mixes. The spectrogram, real-time analyzer, phase and correlation meters also help to spot frequency imbalances and phase problems. M/S meters included gather information about the relations between the mono and the stereo content. Additionally, T-RackS 5's new metering section can be launched as a separate floating window.

Album assembly and digital delivery
Now it's possible to assemble a full-length production directly within the T-RackS 5 interface and create an album sequence with suitable track metadata including pauses, fades, track ID's, ISRC codes, CD-Text and more, then export single high quality master audio files or the whole project in various formats such as WAV, AIF and standard DDP image for replication or Wav Cue files.

Engineer preset library
Top recording and mixing engineers including Tom Lord-Alge, Nick Davis and many others who use T-RackS modules in their projects have created a library of presets that offers users a unique opportunity to instantly improve their productions with ease. This expanding library of presets is included with T-RackS 5 and provides a great starting point for mixing everything from drums, vocals, guitars, bass and more with exceptional results.

Pricing and availability
T-RackS 5 is available now in both free and paid versions.

The Custom Shop version of T-RackS 5 is available free of charge, comes with the Classic Equalizer, simplified metering and offers users the option to try and buy any of the other processors.

With a total of 9 modules, including the 4 all-new processors and full metering, the T-RackS 5 collection is available for $/€149.99*. Producers and artists can step up to a collection of 22 essential modules in T-RackS 5 Deluxe for $/€299.99, and for engineers who want all 38 mixing and mastering modules, T-RackS 5 MAX is available for $/€499.99.

Users who have any registered IK product $/€99.99 or more can purchase T-RackS 5 MAX at crossgrade pricing of $/€299.99.

*All prices excluding taxes

For more information, please visit:
IK Multimedia | T-RackS 5

For video demos of T-Racks 5, please visit:
IK Multimedia | T-RackS 5
Attached Thumbnails
IK Multimedia releases T-RackS 5 mixing and mastering modular system for Mac/PC-unnamed-5-.jpg   IK Multimedia releases T-RackS 5 mixing and mastering modular system for Mac/PC-unnamed-6-.jpg  
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

Looks nice!

@Peter - IK

Just a heads up that someone messed up. It happens...we're all human!

The last version (at least the latest one on my hard drive) of T-Racks CS 4 was 4.10 which was released in the year 2016. On the downloads page only shows the initial version 4.0 from the year 2012 is available. If you click on "Past Releases" 4.10 is listed there.

This is inconsistent with the rest of the legacy downloads, which show the final version first.

I'm loving most of the new GUIs but Master 432's is not good. Neutral gray lettering on a dark gray background is hard to read.

Edit: Ugh...I used to be able to delete the individual .vpa/.vpa64 files along with the .dll files to save on hard drive space/plugin folder tidiness. I can erase the .dlls but in place of .vpa files is one big 573 MB T-RackS 5.pak file. Eww.

Last edited by doom64; 31st October 2017 at 02:04 PM..
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

Thanks, @doom64, I've reported to the team.
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

Just downloaded, installed and played around a bit ...

So far, very good !

Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
Just downloaded, installed and played around a bit ...

So far, very good !

Thanks! Glad you are liking T-RackS 5 so far.
Old 31st October 2017
The new Mu is really good!
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyday View Post
The new Mu is really good!
Awesome! Glad you are enjoying T-RackS 5 Dyna-Mu
Old 31st October 2017
Heb
Gear Maniac
I think the new GUI's makes it harder to see, they're all kind of blurry, with the 432 being the worst. At first they all feel fancy but after using them for just a little while I much prefer the old ones. Much easier on the eyes in the long run.
But maybe that's just me..

Also dissapointed that the issue with the reference levels in the british and white channels haven't been adressed in the update..
Old 31st October 2017
Here for the gear

IK website has been sluggish and erratic all morning, and now appears to be down. Hope it's back up soon... I'm jonesing to download my T-Racks 5 Max!!
Old 31st October 2017
Here for the gear

I love the new look and I am stoked about Master Match. I am sure you need (!!) to have a decent mix though to get the best results. And I guess the reference tracks have to be chosen carefully as well. Now, as far as I can tell I will really have to think twice about getting my songs mastered professionally for my next album. If you can afford it, go for it, period. In my case Master Match might provide me with a result most listeners will be happy with. I only wonder what is under the hood of Master Match in terms of dynamic processing for instance, as it seems to make any preceding mastering processor obsolete.
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb View Post
I think the new GUI's makes it harder to see, they're all kind of blurry, with the 432 being the worst. At first they all feel fancy but after using them for just a little while I much prefer the old ones. Much easier on the eyes in the long run.
But maybe that's just me..

Also dissapointed that the issue with the reference levels in the british and white channels haven't been adressed in the update..
I feel the same way, 432 font is really bad . I didn't buy the upgrade to V5, still I downloaded the T-RackS5 and my old plug ins show up with the new GUI.
Question is :
1- weren't these supposed to be resizable?
2-The Metering plug in doen't work for me, even though it says it's fully registered.I can only see the input level, but the other displays are grayed out and when i click it open Ik's webpage
Old 31st October 2017
Here for the gear

Are any other T-Racks 4.9 Max owners having trouble getting the new GUI on all the other plugs except the V5 releases? I purchased the upgrade, and now have both V4 and V5 installed. V4 - all plugs work. V5 - all plugs are listed, but all in demo mode except for the new releases? Authorized v5 through Authorizer.

Thoughts?
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebastian21 View Post
I feel the same way, 432 font is really bad . I didn't buy the upgrade to V5, still I downloaded the T-RackS5 and my old plug ins show up with the new GUI.
Question is :
1- weren't these supposed to be resizable?
2-The Metering plug in doen't work for me, even though it says it's fully registered.I can only see the input level, but the other displays are grayed out and when i click it open Ik's webpage
They are resizable if you have the full version. The metering is also limited in the free version. The limitations of the free Custom Shop version can be found in the T-RackS 5 FAQ on our forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass543 View Post
Are any other T-Racks 4.9 Max owners having trouble getting the new GUI on all the other plugs except the V5 releases? I purchased the upgrade, and now have both V4 and V5 installed. V4 - all plugs work. V5 - all plugs are listed, but all in demo mode except for the new releases? Authorized v5 through Authorizer.

Thoughts?
You should have the new GUIs available to you when you use the T-RackS 5 versions of the plugins you already had. They should also be in full mode not demo mode, you may want to make sure you've authorized your full version serial (not the free Custom Shop serial - both are in your IK User Area). If you're sure you've authorized the correct serial, I would open the Custom Shop application (in your Start Menu on Windows, Applications folder on Mac) and go to T-RackS then Gear --> Restore My Gear. If that doesn't help please consult IK Support at this link and they'll surely get everything working for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadoth View Post
I love the new look and I am stoked about Master Match. I am sure you need (!!) to have a decent mix though to get the best results. And I guess the reference tracks have to be chosen carefully as well. Now, as far as I can tell I will really have to think twice about getting my songs mastered professionally for my next album. If you can afford it, go for it, period. In my case Master Match might provide me with a result most listeners will be happy with. I only wonder what is under the hood of Master Match in terms of dynamic processing for instance, as it seems to make any preceding mastering processor obsolete.
Thank you for the kind words! I'll relay them to the team.
Old 31st October 2017
Here for the gear

Thanks Peter - will give it a shot. Authorizer (and IK site) is sluggish right now, so having trouble - but good chance that I accidentally authorized custom shop first.

For what it's worth - LOVE the new GUI...tried to leave screenshot here of difference between 432's and it's night and day improvement, especially with the ability to increase the size!
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

Thanks for clarifying Peter, I missed the upgrade but I hope you guys have a promo soon again, the new GUIs look amazing, the font not so much on standard size, but I'll try to upgrade next time there is a good sale.
thx!
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass543 View Post
Thanks Peter - will give it a shot. Authorizer (and IK site) is sluggish right now, so having trouble - but good chance that I accidentally authorized custom shop first.

For what it's worth - LOVE the new GUI...tried to leave screenshot here of difference between 432's and it's night and day improvement, especially with the ability to increase the size!
Ah yes, our IT department is aware that the massive demand for T-RackS 5 has caused some web site issue and they are constantly working to ensure a smooth experience and thank you for your patience during that time. I am happy to hear you are enjoying the new GUI updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebastian21 View Post
Thanks for clarifying Peter, I missed the upgrade but I hope you guys have a promo soon again, the new GUIs look amazing the font not so much on standard size, but I'll try to upgrade next time there is a good sale.
thx!
You're very welcome. Typically with new products we may not discount them right away but hopefully there will be a promo that satisfies your needs within a reasonable time frame.
Old 31st October 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
They are resizable if you have the full version. The metering is also limited in the free version. The limitations of the free Custom Shop version can be found in the T-RackS 5 FAQ on our forum.
Hm, so either pay again or live with unusably large interfaces (on a 1680x1050 screen at least)....

Furthermore, several plugins saw quite drastic increases in latency (with no option to switch to lower latency while monitoring).
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wald View Post
Hm, so either pay again or live with unusably large interfaces (on a 1680x1050 screen at least)....

Furthermore, several plugins saw quite drastic increases in latency (with no option to switch to lower latency while monitoring).
The limitations of the free CS version are detailed in the FAQ at IK Multimedia • T-RackS 5 Pre-Sale / Pre-Order FAQ - T-FAQs! as mentioned, if you'd like to get full details. I would recommend reporting your latency issues to IK Support at IK Multimedia. Musicians First. so they can take a look more directly and with greater detail.
Old 31st October 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
The limitations of the free CS version are detailed in the FAQ at IK Multimedia • T-RackS 5 Pre-Sale / Pre-Order FAQ - T-FAQs! as mentioned, if you'd like to get full details.
I do not need more details. My statement as made is correct.

Quote:
I would recommend reporting your latency issues to IK Support at IK Multimedia. Musicians First. so they can take a look more directly and with greater detail.
Thanks, but these are not "issues", but seem to be by design as it is the latency reported by the plugin. For example Black 76 latency increased ten-fold.
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

I found the previous GUI sizes to be bordering on unusable. Specifically the SSL ones. On a 720p laptop screen they were good though! These new free ones look fine on a 1080p monitor which is the current standard. If you want the resizable GUIs you need to cough up the dough.
Old 31st October 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
I found the previous GUI sizes to be bordering on unusable. Specifically the SSL ones. On a 720p laptop screen they were good though! These new free ones look fine on a 1080p monitor which is the current standard.
I have a 15 inch Retina MacBook Pro. Seems pretty "current standard" to me (esp. for those of us who travel for gigs).
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I do not need more details. My statement as made is correct.
Please see @doom64's response above. Edit - I'll add that people at IK are certainly using 15-inch MacBook Pros without issue so I'm surprised to hear that they are unwieldy for you but of course everybody is different!

Quote:
Thanks, but these are not "issues", but seem to be by design as it is the latency reported by the plugin. For example Black 76 latency increased ten-fold.
If you do not report what you are seeing which does indeed sound unusual (I had asked our Support Manager before recommending you open a ticket) then there will be no way to assist you. There may be an issue [edit - meaning that increased latency reporting you are seeing may be incorrect or indicative of an issue] and it would be best to identify whether that was the case. Either way, if reported to your DAW correctly, then yes there really isn't an issue as you state as it will make no difference in typical mixing and mastering scenarios which are the main use cases for T-RackS 5.
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have a 15 inch Retina MacBook Pro. Seems pretty "current standard" to me (esp. for those of us who travel for gigs).
What resolution is it? Retina is different sizes.
Old 31st October 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Please see @doom64's response above. Edit - I'll add that people at IK are certainly using 15-inch MacBook Pros without issue so I'm surprised to hear that they are unwieldy for you but of course everybody is different!

If you do not report what you are seeing which does indeed sound unusual (I had asked our Support Manager before recommending you open a ticket) then there will be no way to assist you. There may be an issue and it would be best to identify whether that was the case. Either way, if reported to your DAW correctly, then yes there really isn't an issue as you state as it will make no difference in typical mixing and mastering scenarios which are the main use cases for T-RackS 5.
So Black 76 should not report 34 samples of latency? What is the latency it should report? Surely you can report the correct number here.
The previous version of Black 76 has 3 samples.

It might not matter to IK, but here it does (remember, people who make music might have more than once processor in series.).
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
So Black 76 should not report 34 samples of latency? What is the latency it should report? Surely you can report the correct number here.

It might not matter to IK, but here it does (remember, people who make music might have more than once processor in series.).
If the amount reported is correct it will work regardless of whether "it matters to IK" or while using other plugins, etc (and will have no bearing if you are mixing or mastering with more than one processor in series of course).

You can get more detailed troubleshooting and information from our support staff at the link I posted previously. They would also be able to comment more directly about things they've tested and anything reported by other users, etc.
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, I just tried it myself and you're right, TR5 Black76 reports 34 samples and uses 1.4% CPU, the older TR4 Black76 reports 3 samples and uses 1% CPU. That does seem like a bit of a backwards step seeing as there are no DSP changes (as confirmed by Peter except for some tiny oversampling improvements).

With the White 2A, both report 3 samples, the older version uses 0.8% CPU and the TR5 version uses 0.9% CPU.
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
Well, I just tried it myself and you're right, TR5 Black76 reports 34 samples and uses 1.4% CPU, the older TR4 Black76 reports 3 samples and uses 1% CPU. That does seem like a bit of a backwards step seeing as there are no DSP changes (as confirmed by Peter except for some tiny oversampling improvements).
I can relay information but the best route to a quick resolution would be to troubleshoot and provide as many details as possible to IK Support. Either way, I've passed along the information to our Support Manager but strongly recommend also reporting directly for best results.

Edit - sorry, didn't work in your edit to my quote but I have passed that along too and seems like there would be an indication of a potential issue after all. Thanks for sharing that.
Old 1st November 2017
Lives for gear

I'm using the free CS versions of all my T-Racks plugins and overall, I'm liking the new GUIs. The slightly bigger size is welcome and they feel fresher and more up-to-date. I would, however, agree that the EQ 432 doesn't work so well - the text is small anyway and having light grey on dark grey isn't great; the older white on grey worked very well. It's odd seeing the CSR plugins in their new guise - I bought these many years ago before they were integrated in to T-Racks, then they become part of TR4 and now TR5. They feel like old friends and actually, I'd forgotten how good they sounded!

On the basis that there aren't any DSP changes the only difference really is the new GUI and yeah, they're nice, very nice. Good work IK and good work Peter for putting up with page after page of questions and comments both here and on KVR - both places can be pretty brutal at times
Old 1st November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm using the free CS versions of all my T-Racks plugins and overall, I'm liking the new GUIs. The slightly bigger size is welcome and they feel fresher and more up-to-date. I would, however, agree that the EQ 432 doesn't work so well - the text is small anyway and having light grey on dark grey isn't great; the older white on grey worked very well. It's odd seeing the CSR plugins in their new guise - I bought these many years ago before they were integrated in to T-Racks, then they become part of TR4 and now TR5. They feel like old friends and actually, I'd forgotten how good they sounded!

On the basis that there aren't any DSP changes the only difference really is the new GUI and yeah, they're nice, very nice. Good work IK and good work Peter for putting up with page after page of questions and comments both here and on KVR - both places can be pretty brutal at times
Thanks for the comments - I've relayed the 432 comments earlier as others have mentioned that.

Thank you for the kind words and I hope nobody mistakes brevity for anything but that - I have found that any tendency toward a "wall of text" leads to absolutely no interest in reading said wall Of course I'd love to have anything reported here resolved quickly and in one shot but unfortunately there are some nuances sometimes that don't allow that.

Anyway, I was talking about brevity and... wasn't very brief.
Old 1st November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I would, however, agree that the EQ 432 doesn't work so well - the text is small anyway and having light grey on dark grey isn't great; the older white on grey worked very well.
Vintage Comp 670, EQP-1A, EQual, Metering, Master Match and to a small extent Black 76 are also hard on the eyes. I'll take legibility over authentic to the hardware any day of the week. Most problems would be fixed if the shades of gray would be turned to pure black or pure white.

White 2A has too much white space. I know the real LA-2A has the same issue but I'd love to have the gain and peak reduction knobs be larger than the meter selector. And I said this at the AES Show, White Channel and British Channel's shadows are too strong (VC-670 has the same shadow problem) and frequency numbers are too small. If the font size was equal to the word "Threshold" then that would be a good compromise.

The T-Racks logos being de-saturated look fine. I rarely look at the logos...just the control text needs to be easy to read otherwise I get very annoyed. By the way, nice touch on the tape animation on the "Echoflex" GUI!

Peter, please pass my comments along to your staff. For what it's worth I am a photography hobbyist and use an sRGB calibrated monitor.

These are minor problems...overall I am happy with this release and after demoing the new modules some more I will probably buy it. The Master Match presets are fantastic!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search