The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
IK Multimedia releases T-RackS 5 mixing and mastering modular system for Mac/PC Equalizer Plugins
Old 30th November 2017
Lives for gear

One looks interesting... looking forward to trying it, but agree that a lower ceiling option is needed.

Regarding support for my lack of newsletters saga: I have good news... after a month of either not responding or just recommending that I check my spam (duh, really?), the mighty Subastione is finally having 'HIS' IT team (yeah, right) look into it.

In other words: he did nothing on this for a month... these guys can't even get me resubscribed to their newsletter (or can't be bothered to).

I don't expect anything to ever happen and IK will likely never see another new dime from me (not just because of this)... plenty of other brands in the sea.

I do stupidly have a few hundred credits I'll have to do something with someday, though... but, I'm in no hurry (not unlike them).

Anyway, the only BF deals I saw from a friend were for their Lilliputian hardware, which I was a little (har) interested in until I found out it was not available direct, so I couldn't use any of my ample jamples (jamb points).

Just as well, as I found a few truly great and inexpensive deals from other companies.
Old 30th November 2017
Lives for gear

@antithesist: We do have a full IT team, they would handle the issue you mention, and it apparently wasn't simple so it did take some time. It is also not unexpected, at least in American English, for someone to refer to an IT team in the same company as "my IT team" so I think that may be splitting some hairs.

We are working on a lot of things, including the new MODO BASS 1.5 update with 2 new basses, 6-string capability, Drop A, and more. And we've been fairly prolific lately so there is a lot happening (and on the support side they do handle many tickets every day so there's a lot going on there too - sorry to hear that your issue took a while to fix and that a subsequent email was filtered by your email client/provider into your spam folder).

We had Black Friday deals on much more than our hardware, sorry you missed out on the software and other deals, but good news - the promotions are not over, there are and will be more through the end of the year. Also, our hardware is available direct, I don't know where the conflicting information came from. We do sometimes run out of hardware when it is on special and there is an unexpected surge in demand but that is usually rectified quickly. If you are ever curious about what promotions we have running, we have them all available to view on our site on the promotions page.

If there is anything that you may want to discuss directly about anything else that seems to have put some distaste for IK in your mouth, please do know that I'm available and willing to discuss these things directly.

Thank you.
Old 30th November 2017
Lives for gear

Peter, it is not fixed... nor were newsletters going to spam.

All that has happened is that it may have been escalated (deescalated?) to IT.

Also, I meant that the hardware discounts were only available through dealers as far as I could see... so, I could not get the discounts and use JPs at YOUR store (point taken on HIS... too many years of having a secretary call me HER 'engineer' as though I were her employee... prefer OUR).

I'm guessing the days of combining discounts with IK are gone.

Thanks for the offer to discuss and link to promotions, though.

Let's see if YOUR IT team can get me back on the newsletter so I can complain about there being too many instead of none.

That will make me about as happy as I can get these days... regarding an issue like this, anyway.
Old 30th November 2017
Lives for gear

Also, no support email ended up in me spam, either... if you gathered or were told that (some of mine was just not responded to... can't really see that support's replies might have bounced, either).

I mean, how hard could it be to get resubscribed to a dang newsletter?

Very, apparently.

Heck, I'll even take Spanish ones like they were talking about getting from YOU in another forum (not that I speak other than English, but at least they can be translated).

On topic: oversampling doesn't always make things better... sometimes it's unnecessary, yet adds latency.
Old 30th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by antithesist View Post
Also, no support email ended up in me spam, either... if you gathered or were told that (some of mine was just not responded to... can't really see that support's replies might have bounced, either).

I mean, how hard could it be to get resubscribed to a dang newsletter?

Very, apparently.

Heck, I'll even take Spanish ones like they were talking about getting from YOU in another forum (not that I speak other than English, but at least they can be translated).

On topic: oversampling doesn't always make things better... sometimes it's unnecessary, yet adds latency.
Nobody told me anything about your specific situation, I was replying to what I apparently misread/misunderstood in your post. Typically it is simple to add someone back on, sorry to hear your experience isn't typical and it is taking longer.
Old 30th November 2017
Lives for gear

messing about with ONE today. I purchased the MAX upgrade and am enjoying the fresh GUIs and plugs. I find ONE to be an interesting process but am getting horrific crackling noise when adjusting any of the Air, Focus, or Body controls.

Also getting massive CPU spikes when moving those as well. Samplitude PRO X3 on Win 7. Losing the Dinosaur head logo was a good move! More professional looking tools for sure.
Old 30th November 2017
Lives for gear

Dino angry... make CPU spikes.

I say put logo and switchable oversampling back to appease reptilian spirits and customers.
Old 30th November 2017
Gear Nut

Jurassic Park: Dino's Revenge
Old 1st December 2017
Gear Head

I'm having the same problem with Air, Focus and Body knobs in Pro Tools 11. Whenever I twist them during playback, PT craps out and gives an "out of memory, remove plugins" error. Maybe something that could be fixed so it doesn't tax resources as bad when moving those?
Old 1st December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
One looks interesting... looking forward to trying it, but agree that a lower ceiling option is needed.

Regarding support for my lack of newsletters saga: I have good news... after a month of either not responding or just recommending that I check my spam (duh, really?), the mighty Subastione is finally having 'HIS' IT team (yeah, right) look into it.

In other words: he did nothing on this for a month... these guys can't even get me resubscribed to their newsletter (or can't be bothered to).

I don't expect anything to ever happen and IK will likely never see another new dime from me (not just because of this)... plenty of other brands in the sea.

I do stupidly have a few hundred credits I'll have to do something with someday, though... but, I'm in no hurry (not unlike them).

Anyway, the only BF deals I saw from a friend were for their Lilliputian hardware, which I was a little (har) interested in until I found out it was not available direct, so I couldn't use any of my ample jamples (jamb points).

Just as well, as I found a few truly great and inexpensive deals from other companies.
So, you spent real money with other companies instead of burning jam points you already have in the bank with IK?

You sure showed them!

Are you really that ticked off over not getting sales material in your email?

I swear I don't believe a 1/4 of the "complaints" people air anonymously over the Interweb
Old 1st December 2017
Lives for gear

All this AND a crazy update for Modo too?

Awesome! I even bought two new syntronik (sp?) to celebrate
Old 2nd December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
So, you spent real money with other companies instead of burning jam points you already have in the bank with IK?

You sure showed them!

Are you really that ticked off over not getting sales material in your email?

I swear I don't believe a 1/4 of the "complaints" people air anonymously over the Interweb
Yes, but I also know they don't care... I still vote with my purchases and developer/vendor support, though.

Not really 'ticked off," still just trying to protect my investment... close to a grand USD to IK over the years.

Yeah, I want the newsletter... haven't had it since the end of Aug.

I'm baffled by whatever the reason is I can't get it and/or why they can't/won't figure it out.

I was getting way more than I wanted from them, like a couple a day some days as I recall... but, as I've said, I'd rather complain about too many than get none.

I've seen their forum rep tell people to contact support for just about any problem they might have over and over again... so, I figured 'how hard could this be?'

I'd never needed support from them before and these are second or third stringers for me at this point... more like audio Hot Wheels, though they have surprisingly bested my UAD, Plugin Alliance, Duende, Sonnox, Softube, PSP, etc. on rare occasion.

They're in there with Slate, Waves and NI, for example, comparing similar mixing plug-ins... not bad.

I'm over the upgrade thing and will just settle for no resizing when I install them on my new rig... but, that's one of the other reasons I'm throwing my support elsewhere currently.

I also got all excited a few years back to see what would follow IK's SSL, Neve and API emus... answer: kind of nothing classic-wise until this Manley, which I figure my Softube-developed NI is as good or better.

All that said, if you can't make a good mix with these (or better), you can't make a good mix.

Almost forgot, which quarter of my complaint do you not believe?
Old 2nd December 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
Not sure what to tell you, T-RackS has always been a mixing and mastering tool so it would not be expected to be used for real-time tracking. If you feel that there is an issue with T-RackS 5 since you state there is 10x latency, you can indeed report that to IK Support if you feel that it affects the intended use of the product.

However, it would probably be akin to reporting to your vehicle's manufacturer that your SUV was not very usable in F1 races.

I thought the context of my statement was clear that oversampling was improved and optimized, sorry if that was not clear (though I re-read and I state very specifically that oversampling was improved and optimized).
Ok, fair enough.
Guess I just have to accept that a formerly useful tool (for my use case) is now no longer.
Old 2nd December 2017
Gear Nut

Maybe try reinstalling version 4 to use for tracking as they can coexist. That could be an option at least for now. Best
Old 2nd December 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Ashley View Post
.. I find ONE to be an interesting process but am getting horrific crackling noise when adjusting any of the Air, Focus, or Body controls.

Also getting massive CPU spikes when moving those as well. Samplitude PRO X3 on Win 7..
I get the same loud crackling noise moving those controls in Live 9. Win 7.
Old 3rd December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeep View Post
I get the same loud crackling noise moving those controls in Live 9. Win 7.
None here win10 studio one 3 pro 64 bit
Old 3rd December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wald View Post
Ok, fair enough.
Guess I just have to accept that a formerly useful tool (for my use case) is now no longer.
I tracked through the new vari mu, 1176 and la2a no problem... As insert on the inputs (printing fx) and then as an insert on tracks (not printing)... Win10 studio one 3 pro 64 bit
Old 3rd December 2017
Lives for gear

Those of you who have the Manley outboard or uad plugin.... How does the IK vari mu sound to you?

Last edited by bgood; 3rd December 2017 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: Sp
Old 3rd December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Those of you who have the Manley outboard or uad plugin.... How does the IK vari mu sound to you?
Compared to UAD's it lacks the character. Timings and everything else seems to be there but I'm not feeling the character, to be honest. I prefer how UAD's behave in that aspect. I'll be doing a personal shootout in the next weeks with the real thing. A colleague has one in his mastering studio and invited me over to have some fun comparing the vari-mu and the API 2500.
Old 3rd December 2017
Lives for gear

The NI/Softube Vari Comp is a contender... may not have the character of the UAD, but I've found it very useful.

I actually find less characterful models preferable to UAD sometimes: SSL, for example... not that the latest UAD aren't killer.

I'll likely get the IK vari at some point... figure if they ever have another t-racks group buy (actually how I got started with IK years ago), I'll get their Manley and however many others it goes up to.
Old 4th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
Hi Peter, I just watched on YT a couple of videos where TLA tells the overview of his approach on mixing both drums and vocals with T-RackS plugins.

It would be awesome for me if there were also a video where he discusses his vision on distorted guitars. Any plan on this? Thanks.
Old 4th December 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Polich View Post
Waiting for a client payment so I can get
MasterMatch.

Meanwhile...bought Mic Room (shows up
as TR Mic Rm in Digital Performer plug list).
Unlike Antares Mic Modeler, Mic Room really
does work, I used it to change the tone of
a guitar amp I recorded with an M-Audio
Sputnik Mic to a Royer Ribbon 121 sound.
It definitely changed the tone to something
I like a lot better. Mic Room is an overlooked
gem in the TrackS arsenal. Definitely
worth trying for those “I dunno..needs SOMETHING” mixing moments.

Still loving the LinearPhase EQ and its new
GUI. And the Echoplex.. still great. And
cheaper than UA’s Echoplex.

This new version is sounding and looking good.
Thanks, iK! I think you’ll be around for a long
time.
I was dealing with an overly harsh guitar track that I eq’d to death (and still hated) when I came across this post...completely slipped my mind to try Mic Room. Too many plugins I suppose but altering the recorded 57 to a 421 really worked out...thanks for getting me back on track!
Old 4th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMulcahy View Post
I was dealing with an overly harsh guitar track that I eq’d to death (and still hated) when I came across this post...completely slipped my mind to try Mic Room. Too many plugins I suppose but altering the recorded 57 to a 421 really worked out...thanks for getting me back on track!
Cool, thanks and glad it solved a problem for
you.
Old 4th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy3 View Post
Hi Peter, I just watched on YT a couple of videos where TLA tells the overview of his approach on mixing both drums and vocals with T-RackS plugins.

It would be awesome for me if there were also a video where he discusses his vision on distorted guitars. Any plan on this? Thanks.
I don't know specifically what videos we may have lined up with TLA but I'll certainly forward this suggestion. Thanks!
Old 4th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
None here win10 studio one 3 pro 64 bit
No problems here either with 'one' on exact same setup as you. No crackles/spikes on those controls (or any).

And whoever suggested bringing back the dino head....
Old 5th December 2017
"One" is nice but without output trim can't replace IM Pusher which I have already. I could add a trim plugin after, but then it wouldn't be "one," would it? for 3x the price of pusher output trim is a must
Old 5th December 2017
Lives for gear

I thought One was supposed to trim as it pushed, like a headroom adjustment.

Still no newsletters here... just resubscribed for the however many-th time it is.

Noticed it said something about captcha, but didn't have me perform any of those range of antics (prefer the simple 'I am not a robot,' as the 'select all the X' things are wrong more than occasionally... like they don't know the answers to their own test questions... examples being that there might be a part of a whatever in one of the frames they don't count that explicitly... guessing that robots ironically make the puzzles: robots testing to see if you're robot... maybe their subconconcious bias to their own kind?).

Anyway, I still got the robot message from IK that I was signed up... those and telling me I left something in my cart (even when I haven't) seem to be all I get from them.

Went to the website and noticed t-racks stuff on sale... if this is endemic, they're just shooting themselves in whatever's left of their metal paws.

Silly Rabbots!

Maybe I'm just blacklisted for having been a good customer all these years... I have similar amounts invested with other companies: Plugin Alliance, for example, has great sales and they give me a 75 USD voucher every month that works for sale items.

Oh, well.
Old 7th December 2017
Gear Maniac

One more thing about the loud crackling noise when moving Air, Focus and Body. If i use Live's controls instead of One's knobs, then there is no crackling. Could it be a video driver bug?
Anyway, strange that the other knobs are silent except these 3.
Old 9th December 2017
Quote:
I thought One was supposed to trim as it pushed, like a headroom adjustment.
It gets louder as it's boosted, so there's no auto-gain. The output knob doesn't go to negative values, so there's no way to trim output. Not useful imo as most anything will "sound better" when boosted.

AB_LM from tbproaudio has cancelled many plugin purchases for me. With exact level match 90% of plugins are doing nothing distinct from a competitor or stock DAW plugin...ruins the fun of sluthood but helps the wallet and productivity
Old 9th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydeluxe View Post
It gets louder as it's boosted, so there's no auto-gain. The output knob doesn't go to negative values, so there's no way to trim output. Not useful imo as most anything will "sound better" when boosted.

AB_LM from tbproaudio has cancelled many plugin purchases for me. With exact level match 90% of plugins are doing nothing distinct from a competitor or stock DAW plugin...ruins the fun of sluthood but helps the wallet and productivity
Too bad... good to know though, thanks!

True kind of 'auto-loudness' gets complicated, for sure... when I think of 'pushing,' at least one knob that turns up the input while turning down the output would be a good start.

Beyond that, you're at the mercy of more complex algorithms, I guess.

Still no IK newsletters here.

Guess they don't want to sell me (and others?) any more stuff... too bad for them and me (lose/lose).
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search