The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
IK Multimedia releases T-RackS 5 mixing and mastering modular system for Mac/PC
Old 11th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Abug on recall settings (led states and on input ouput link/ unlink otpion) if for exemple i save input set to X and output set to y , when recalled it's all set to x
Oh now that you mention it happened to me too in a project with the input / output setting. Thanks.
Old 11th June 2019
Lives for gear

Officially announced now! We now have T-RackS Tape Machine Collection and the singles available. Please read the news or visit the product page
Old 11th June 2019
Gear Head

Tapes sound amazing! Unfortunately cpu hit is wayyy too much for my system.. :/
Old 11th June 2019
Gear Head

Also, not part of the T-Racks 5 MAX ?
Old 11th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommijk View Post
Also, not part of the T-Racks 5 MAX ?
T-RackS 5 MAX is comprised of the processors that were available when it was released and which are listed on its product page. It is not a subscription that adds future processors.

T-RackS Tape Machine Collection is currently 50% off MSRP during the introductory pricing period and you can also apply JamPoints to save an additional up to 30% off.
Old 11th June 2019
Gear Addict

This is clearly a bug now. Win 7 Custom Shop prompts to update, but it is the latest version. Namely 1.8. When prompting, it points to the 1.8 installer again.

I tried installing it 3 times, including the full Tracks5 install package. No succes.

Any ideas IKM please?
Old 11th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeep View Post
This is clearly a bug now. Win 7 Custom Shop prompts to update, but it is the latest version. Namely 1.8. When prompting, it points to the 1.8 installer again.

I tried installing it 3 times, including the full Tracks5 install package. No succes.

Any ideas IKM please?
I'm on Windows 10 but if memory serves, it may have something to do with trying to access the new content while not logged in. I would make sure you're logged in (you may be prompted to restart Custom Shop in a message below your credentials the first time so do that if so) and then you may be able to open, log in, and access the new content. This is from memory though and I've been on Windows 10 instead of 7 but please try that.

If that doesn't work, let our support team know at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will be able to troubleshoot directly with you and get you up and running.
Old 11th June 2019
Hey Peter, I have a powerful MacPro and the newest optimized ProTools 2019, but with 1024 buffer size at 48 kHz sample rate one instance of tape is still dragging more than 30% of my CPU. That is crazy. There seems to be no way to use more than 2 or 3 instances in an otherwise empty session. I hope this is a bug. Otherwise the plugin is unusable. thanks for your help, Geret
Old 11th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimos Guitar View Post
Hey Peter, I have a powerful MacPro and the newest optimized ProTools 2019, but with 1024 buffer size at 48 kHz sample rate one instance of tape is still dragging more than 30% of my CPU. That is crazy. There seems to be no way to use more than 2 or 3 instances in an otherwise empty session. I hope this is a bug. Otherwise the plugin is unusable. thanks for your help, Geret
There will be some CPU usage for plugins like this but I would recommend letting our support team know at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support to see if they can take a look at more specifics of your system to see if you're experiencing something abnormal based on that setup.

Thanks!
Old 11th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
.. trying to access the new content while not logged in..
This did the trick. I logged in (thought i was) and it worked. Thanks!

The error message could perhaps say "please log in", instead of "download the latest installer", in the future
Old 11th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
On a set of complex tape plugins like T-RackS Tape Machine Collection the CPU is not going to be light utilization because in order to replicate the sound of these machines we really needed to go deep. Note that the internal sampling rate of these processors is [edit, corrected sampling rate to] 384kHz, and the physical model of the magnetic recording process is running at that sample rate so as to sound completely analog (meaning no aliasing nor artifacts).

It is important to note that these processors are not saturators, they are accurate emulations of what happens on the real deal tape machines down to the finest sonic detail and the way they sound should really explain this more than words. It would be great to discuss the sonic quality of these processors, too, since that's the whole reason they exist and why they may be more intensive than you may have expected before you hear the end result which should explain.

Last edited by Peter - IK; 12th June 2019 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: Sampling rate is 384kHz not 192kHz - corrected
Old 11th June 2019
Gear Addict

Just tried them on the mixbus. I like how the 24 and the 440 glue the mix. The sound stays punchy and alive. I don't get that "dulling" effect what i think some other tape plugins have, or the sense that it's a bunch of eq curves. I really like this collection so far!
Old 12th June 2019
Quote:
On a set of complex tape plugins like T-RackS Tape Machine Collection the CPU is not going to be light utilization because in order to replicate the sound of these machines we really needed to go deep. Note that the internal sampling rate of these processors is 192k, and the physical model of the magnetic recording process is running at that sample rate so as to sound completely analog (meaning no aliasing nor artifacts).

It is important to note that these processors are not saturators, they are accurate emulations of what happens on the real deal tape machines down to the finest sonic detail and the way they sound should really explain this more than words. It would be great to discuss the sonic quality of these processors, too, since that's the whole reason they exist and why they may be more intensive than you may have expected before you hear the end result which should explain.
Hey Peter, thanks for your answer. I will be glad to discuss the sonic quality soon when there is a little more time on my side in a couple of days ... :-) It will be very interesting. And if the CPU load is what it is, there will be ways to handle that. Through freezing tracks etc., - use the IK tape like you would use tape.
Old 12th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeep View Post
Just tried them on the mixbus. I like how the 24 and the 440 glue the mix. The sound stays punchy and alive. I don't get that "dulling" effect what i think some other tape plugins have, or the sense that it's a bunch of eq curves. I really like this collection so far!
Thanks! Note I corrected the sampling rate to 384kHz (will elaborate below)

Quote:
Hey Peter, thanks for your answer. I will be glad to discuss the sonic quality soon when there is a little more time on my side in a couple of days ... :-) It will be very interesting. And if the CPU load is what it is, there will be ways to handle that. Through freezing tracks etc., - use the IK tape like you would use tape.
Nice, I look forward to it. Please note the internal sampling rate of 384kHz not 192kHz as I've edited above and which I'll go into below:

For everybody to note... Sorry that I provided some incorrect info and was corrected by our devs. The internal magnetic recording physical model works at 384 kHz, not 192.

This explains why these emulations sound so accurate. As many here know, analog tape recorders work with a signal that linearises the tape medium (this is simplifying, I know), and the frequency of this signal is always well outside the audio band (for example on the Studer it is 150 kHz). To allow the physical model to run the internal sampling rate can’t be lower than the double of that or this and the true characteristics of the tape machine could not be replicated with authenticity.

This increases CPU load, of course, but as stated above it is the only way to faithfully reproduce what the tape machine/recorder does. Yes, there are already tons of “tape saturators”, but we didn’t wanted to make another one of those. The T-RackS Tape Machine Collection plug-ins are a true digital replica of what happens on the real system as a whole.
Old 12th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thanks! Note I corrected the sampling rate to 384kHz (will elaborate below)

Nice, I look forward to it. Please note the internal sampling rate of 384kHz not 192kHz as I've edited above and which I'll go into below:

For everybody to note... Sorry that I provided some incorrect info and was corrected by our devs. The internal magnetic recording physical model works at 384 kHz, not 192.

This explains why these emulations sound so accurate. As many here know, analog tape recorders work with a signal that linearises the tape medium (this is simplifying, I know), and the frequency of this signal is always well outside the audio band (for example on the Studer it is 150 kHz). To allow the physical model to run the internal sampling rate can’t be lower than the double of that or this and the true characteristics of the tape machine could not be replicated with authenticity.

This increases CPU load, of course, but as stated above it is the only way to faithfully reproduce what the tape machine/recorder does. Yes, there are already tons of “tape saturators”, but we didn’t wanted to make another one of those. The T-RackS Tape Machine Collection plug-ins are a true digital replica of what happens on the real system as a whole.

The Tapes are getting raves for sound quality but the CPU is impractical for probably 95% of users. Good luck with that.
Old 12th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by STSQ View Post
The Tapes are getting raves for sound quality but the CPU is impractical for probably 95% of users. Good luck with that.
Check out the official announcement here on GS and from comments there you'll probably notice that's not the case. The CPU is high, that is explained, the quality is extremely high too, and people are definitely able to use these and enjoy this top-shelf accurate tape machine emulation already - and at a steal of a price during the introductory period.
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Hey @ bgood ! IIRC, you have some favorite T-RackS plugs. There's a sale on for them individually and wonder if you had recommendations? I seem to remember you liking the Opto Compressor. Thnx!
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vze26m98 View Post
Hey @ bgood ! IIRC, you have some favorite T-RackS plugs. There's a sale on for them individually and wonder if you had recommendations? I seem to remember you liking the Opto Compressor. Thnx!
I have all of them lol... in no particular order:

Their new Tape emu makes me poop a lil it’s so good.

Stealth Limiter... wow

Lurrsen Mastering Console... Sounds great on individual tracks and busses, too.

ONE... another solid Wow.

Their emu of the Manley, called Dyna-MU, is gorgeous

Saturator X is their take on a bunch of different flavors of saturation/distortion and it’s delicious

I’ve recently been playing with the MasterMatch EQ and it’s crazy intriguing...

The new EQ called EQual is great... so are both of their Neve and all of their API ones, too. Bonus on these emulations in that IK models the input stages, too.

Their LA2A and 1176 still hold up great, depending on what else you already have... so does their emu of the Sontec Mastering EQ, called EQ 432.

Modo bass is incredible... this and trillian and I’ll never have to buy another virtual bass I think

I love amplitube 4... using both fender collections as well as both ampeg collections. (Although, I don’t use amp sims at all anymore for GTR... sometimes still do for bass, though)
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Thanks @ bgood . You know I always sit up and pay attention when I hit one of your posts. All the best for your music making!
Old 3rd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vze26m98 View Post
Thanks @ bgood . You know I always sit up and pay attention when I hit one of your posts. All the best for your music making!
A man of questionable taste, I see!

Thx man
Old 3rd September 2019
Lives for gear

Just wondering, has anyone compared T Racks 5 One with the Lurssen Mastering Console products? Are they sort of the same thing except One allows for more tweaking?
Old 6th October 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode View Post
Just wondering, has anyone compared T Racks 5 One with the Lurssen Mastering Console products? Are they sort of the same thing except One allows for more tweaking?
They are different. I think One does not include de-essing? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Lurrsen Mastering Console... Sounds great on individual tracks and busses, too.
You must have a really powerful computer.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
There will be some CPU usage for plugins like this but I would recommend letting our support team know at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support to see if they can take a look at more specifics of your system to see if you're experiencing something abnormal based on that setup.

Thanks!
Is the PUSH button on ONE is the same as Classic Compressor?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

If anyone is using Master Match can you please check if engaging the Linear Phase adds a large 6db or thereabouts to the signal? It’s doing so here consistently.
Thanks in advance.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Our T-RackS 5.2.2 update is available and adds Catalina compatible and more:

What’s New:
  • Added macOS Catalina compatibility
  • Solved an issue which could cause a crash during export
  • Improved OpenGL graphics fluidity
  • General reliability improvements
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Can the mastering system host 3rd party plugins yet?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore View Post
Can the mastering system host 3rd party plugins yet?
T-RackS 5 standalone does not host 3rd party plugins. If you'd like to use T-RackS processors with other plugins please use the plugin version of those processors in your DAW.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search