The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DMGAudio TrackComp Dynamics Plugins
Old 30th October 2017
Lives for gear

Software DMGAudio TrackComp

Hi all,

It's been an intense period of work, and we are now very pleased to present TrackComp - 5 compressors in one, mostly analogue, for all your compression needs

https://dmgaudio.com/trackcomp

Let us know what you think!

As usual, big discounts for owners of existing products, and there's 10% off for the first 30 days.

Dave and Krzys.
Old 30th October 2017
Gear Maniac

Yes! I was looking for a bus comppppppp
Old 30th October 2017
Warmth in a DMG Audio plugin I think I've been watching too much of Stranger Things.

Will Track Comp get a larger brother in the future?

Congrats Dave and rest of your team.
Old 30th October 2017
I use Compassion on my mix bus emulating an SSL bus comp, 9 times out of 10... I can’t wait to install the demo in the morning and see what this sounds like!
Old 30th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Pok View Post
Warmth in a DMG Audio plugin I think I've been watching too much of Stranger Things.

Yes. Thanks!! :D
Old 30th October 2017
Here for the gear

Shut up and take my money!

I used to run a small boutique pedal shop and used spice simulations when designing my hardware, surely this can't be the first plugin to market to be using spice models! Can't wait to demo, I love your stuff.
Old 30th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbyemusic View Post

I used to run a small boutique pedal shop and used spice simulations when designing my hardware, surely this can't be the first plugin to market to be using spice models!
It's not clear, but it might be.

Dave.
Old 30th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Pok View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGamble View Post
Yes. Thanks!! :D
Hmm... Compassion 2 perhaps? That'll be an instant purchase/upgrade, so is TrackComp worth getting in the meantime?
Old 30th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonewar View Post
Hmm... Compassion 2 perhaps?
Not exactly...

Quote:
That'll be an instant purchase/upgrade, so is TrackComp worth getting in the meantime?
That you'll have to decide for yourself (30day demo! :D). I don't have a release date for the new one yet, and there's plenty more work to do.

Dave.
Old 30th October 2017
Quote:

Dave.
Already tried it, it sounds really great! And there is no latency, so I can use it at FOH with Live Professor2, that's great, thanks!
But... any chances for 33609 model there, please?)
Old 30th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP Productions View Post
Already tried it, it sounds really great! And there is no latency, so I can use it at FOH with Live Professor2, that's great, thanks!
But... any chances for 33609 model there, please?)
Very much on my radar...!
Old 30th October 2017
Lives for gear

He lives!

I was getting worried... tried summoning you by invoking 'Where Dave?' in a thread or two to no avail.

Might the middle comp be the previously discussed Compact?

(licensee/operator of ten or so DMG plug-ins including the other Tracks... do I need this? Yeah, probably)
Old 30th October 2017
Lives for gear

Nice
Old 30th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by antithesist View Post
He lives!

I was getting worried... tried summoning you by invoking 'Where Dave?' in a thread or two to no avail.

Might the middle comp be the previously discussed Compact?

(licensee/operator of ten or so DMG plug-ins including the other Tracks... do I need this? Yeah, probably)
I think of the DMG mode in TrackComp as COMPact.

Dave.
Old 30th October 2017
Gear Maniac

Instabought! You guys had me at “TrackComp”

Love the concept of the Track series, as their big brothers might bring sometimes too many options/power

Indeed very surprised to see the “warmth” term coined with a DMG product, not that your products don’t bring any (Essence brings(back) a lot of warmth, in fact, if you think about it! -Limitless softclip options are no slouch either when it comes to analog-like clipping) but in general, the range of products is of the clear/clean/transparent types.

Might we see a DMG saturator plugin rise on the horizon...? Not that I need any with all the great plugs on offer this year, but a DMG one.....sure that there is still some free space for it on the hard drive

Best

Nico

Last edited by Nico@SunnySide; 31st October 2017 at 01:08 AM..
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

This plug will kind of shock you with how much vibe there is in these models with such a functional and non analog GUI. It’s kind of shocking at first.
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

Well that email got my attention so downloaded immediately.
Set it up for my usual 1176 settings, always use quick release (quickest is 50ms for the 1176 according to UA).

Been trying for a good 20 minutes to avoid crackly distortion. Guys you probably need to fix this and seems very un intuitive for someone who uses hardware.At this stage a big fail for me.

But who knows the kids probably love it haha...
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

One other think worth mentioning is that i don't often use 107db of gain reduction so is it possible to scale to meter incase I want the use the G-Buss compressor on the mix buss to just touch it at a DB or two and be able to read whats going on.

Thanks

EDIT : Sorry just one other thing, where do i turn on the saturation. Doesn't seem to be any I can notice.
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwilson View Post
One other think worth mentioning is that i don't often use 107db of gain reduction so is it possible to scale to meter incase I want the use the G-Buss compressor on the mix buss to just touch it at a DB or two and be able to read whats going on.

Thanks

EDIT : Sorry just one other thing, where do i turn on the saturation. Doesn't seem to be any I can notice.
I haven't had a chance to check this one out yet, but on many of Dave's other plugins, you just click on the meter and it re-scales. Try that out and see if it works.
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I don't have it yet, but have a had a look at the manual

I recommend you do too.

Read about controls like the Makeup Gain to drive the output and adjusting the threshold to drive the pre-amps.
Not all models will generate lots of saturation.

cheers
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

76 model crashes Reaper even when not running playback...

Before I got to that point, it was sounding good!
Old 31st October 2017
Gear Maniac

Congrats Dave. Absolutely amazing plugs
I often use COMPassion, but this is a completely different animal. Only DMG mode is like COMPassion.
This plugin is the King of 2017.
Old 31st October 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Well that email got my attention so downloaded immediately.
Set it up for my usual 1176 settings, always use quick release (quickest is 50ms for the 1176 according to UA).

Been trying for a good 20 minutes to avoid crackly distortion. Guys you probably need to fix this and seems very un intuitive for someone who uses hardware.At this stage a big fail for me.

But who knows the kids probably love it haha...
Agree. I also feel that 76D's parameters are different from 1176. It took a while to find the right setting. We need to carefully determine the threshold while checking the GR and take the attack and release time longer than the original hardware.
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

So far I am liking DMG mode and SSL E-channel comp the most. 1176 model is weird and doesn’t really sound like 1176. It distorts pretty ugly even when attack/release timings are in their supposed ranges and it doesn’t saturate like the HW does. I also find pulling the make-up gain slider down to increase makeup gain quite unintuitive, especially after Dave’s statement in the manual that he wanted to avoid reversed attacke/release controls of the original 1176 to make it more intuitive. I also don’t understand why not including sidechain filters with all of the compressor models?

This product makes me feel like it is slightly “unfinished”. The ranges of basically everything are too wide and one can unintentionally end up with loud bursts of audio or ugly stuttery distortion. GUI should need some work and I believe attack/release ranges of comp models should only include original ranges (without the need to press alt and staying in a marked area) as all the ranges outside these simply sound bad and even wothin the range of 1176 it doesn’t sound like it is performing ok. While “ranges” were the obvious problem with compassion for a quick work, they remain to be a serious issue even with the TrackComp.

I am sad because with some twists this could be an interesting product but in the current competition of great and versatile comps it pales due to its half-finished implementation.
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I used to run a small boutique pedal shop and used spice simulations when designing my hardware, surely this can't be the first plugin to market to be using spice models! Can't wait to demo, I love your stuff.
Quote:

Dave.
Cytomic The Scream uses SPICE models.. you can even find, for example, SPICE diode models on the internet and add them to the plug-in. The Drop may have used SPICE as well but I'm not sure..

I believe all of the Analog Obsession plug-ins use SPICE models..
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

I'm torn on this. Pre-demo pros and cons seem to be:

- Cheap
- Low latency and cpu
- Love the GUI
- A (n almost) one-stop-shop for classic track compression

but

- I already own Compassion + a lot of other compressors, so...

I guess it's demo time.

Now, what about that dynamic eq?

r,
j,
Old 31st October 2017
Gear Addict

My opinion is that GUI is just fine (can i enlarge it?) and that sound is marvelous for such a simple plugin. Just E-Channels sold me. People which say this is unfinished product smoke bad weed IMO.

I get the stuttering but you can tune it. So use it or remove it it really depend on a source.

What i like the most is ease of use and great presets as starting points. You load it, tweak it a little and job done.
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

Instant love (almost). I really like the controls, intuitive for me. Also find it very versatile and generally great sounding. The ssl-emulations stands out, followed by 2A, imo. Top notch. BUT as other pointed out the 76 is somewhat quirky and unruly with quite a short span of useable sounds - like a hardware 76 modded by Trent Reznor or something like that. Perhaps its just me.

Btw, it works great in studio one/W10 for me.
Old 31st October 2017
Gear Head

Quote:

Analog Obsession's plugins are SPICE based, and soundwise they are pretty great. The developer is too inexperienced (and stubborn) though, and unfortunately they lack so much in terms of ergonomics and the most basic features such as a properly funcional GR meter...As a result, they are a p.i.t.a to use.

I haven't tested TrackComp yet, but judging by DMG's excellent reputation, it will most certainly be awesome.

Looking forward to try it.
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear

Didn't even get sound through it in Studio One (latest) on windows 10....

No action on any of the meters, no change in sound whatever parameter I tried... Hmmm?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search