The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DMGAudio TrackComp
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

If I buy Trackcomp now, will I get the update including the new models for free or will I have to pay for the update?
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77 View Post
If I buy Trackcomp now, will I get the update including the new models for free or will I have to pay for the update?
Free update !
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex77 View Post
hope not, since I just bought it finally yesterday, lol!

No, from what I understand all new models are for free. And im using the new models already in the open beta.
Old 3 weeks ago
OMU
Lives for gear

You get everything but the 9 models version is still in beta, so you have to grab it from the beta link.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
You get everything but the 9 models version is still in beta, so you have to grab it from the beta link.
As a reminder, this is the link to the public beta: https://dmgaudio.com/publicbeta/TrackComp/

Alistair
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
Do you have to join the beta group to qualify for the free 9 models version when it is finalised or will you get it anyway if you own TrackComp?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Do you have to join the beta group to qualify for the free 9 models version when it is finalised or will you get it anyway if you own TrackComp?
No, you can download the public beta right now and check everything out. It is basically the beta for the next update (1.5 to 1.6). Not a new full version or new product or anything like that. This plugin just grows in value and flexibility with time.

Alistair
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Had to buy this, very versatile and for £48 (loyalty discount) it's a bit of a no brainer.

Worth it for the 2500 alone tbh!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Had to buy this, very versatile and for £48 (loyalty discount) it's a bit of a no brainer.

Worth it for the 2500 alone tbh!
Yep
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
Guys, did TrackComp became your go to daily compressor...the one you only use...or you still have some other favorites?
Compassion is my other favorite (oh the control!).
Although since I recently ported 2 of my favorite presets to TrackComp, Compassion is mostly used for things no other compressor could dream of doing (e.g. crazy RMS and/or Lookahead times).

I also enjoy using Multiplicity as a channel strip on steroids.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTaylorMusic View Post
Compassion is my other favorite (oh the control!).
Although since I recently ported 2 of my favorite presets to TrackComp, Compassion is mostly used for things no other compressor could dream of doing (e.g. crazy RMS and/or Lookahead times).

I also enjoy using Multiplicity as a channel strip on steroids.
I really need to learn to use Compassion properly. My knowledge of compression is limited (*ba-dum-ting*) to the core stuff, i.e. hardware functionality.

How does it offer crazy RMS for example? Won't the algorithms—ability—be similar to that of TrackComp? I remember Macc saying how he used Essence as some kind of mega-functional tool for all sorts of things, not just deessing.

I suppose that's more the realm of the ME, rather than mixing/producing.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

The only question right now is : when will be released the new final 1.06 TrackComp version with all the new models ?
Last beta build was one month ago... I don't know what needed to be fixed for the official release, but it looks most people around here were quite happy with it...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calagan View Post
The only question right now is : when will be released the new final 1.06 TrackComp version with all the new models ?
Last beta build was one month ago... I don't know what needed to be fixed for the official release, but it looks most people around here were quite happy with it...
I believe one of the outstanding items is the "all buttons" mode in the 76A.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I believe Dave plans to optimize 2500's CPU usage. It currently is quite intensive. Sounds stellar though.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quick question, if you have the UAD versions of some of these - is TrackComp really worth a look?!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post
Quick question, if you have the UAD versions of some of these - is TrackComp really worth a look?!
If all you’re interested in are the 1176D, 1176A, LA-2A and SSL but you already have the UAD versions and have plenty of available DSP to run them, then I’d say you’re good with what you already have. If you want a native alternative to UAD then check TrackComp out.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
If all you’re interested in are the 1176D, 1176A, LA-2A and SSL but you already have the UAD versions and have plenty of available DSP to run them, then I’d say you’re good with what you already have. If you want a native alternative to UAD then check TrackComp out.
Thanks, I’ll check it out - especially intrigued by the beta comps.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Tell me the black friday ist coming soon,please
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post
I swore by UAD comps for 15 years or so (since the Mackie UAD1). Now I prefer TrackComp.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaugruen7 View Post
Tell me the black friday ist coming soon,please
DMG don't do Black Friday, or any sales at all AFAIK. Just introductory pricing.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

When i Buy now, will the new models be included for free? The demo doesn't right now, which makes sense

Have you guys compared it to the Klanghelm dc8c? Another very versatile comp.

I would appreciate to hear your opinions
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
When i Buy now, will the new models be included for free?
Yup
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The 75 pounds is the standard price, right?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
good investet money. you get alot of compression for that 75
Old 2 weeks ago
unr
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Yes, you can save when you are already a DMG customer or add more than one product to the cart. 5% off per plugin.

all info here:
https://dmgaudio.com/support.php
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I really enjoy this collection, tried the new beta and just had to buy it, since it's like a swiss army knife of compression.
There is just one thing I can't get my head around: I think the beauty of a plugin like this lies in it's ability to switch models on the fly to find the right tool for the job quickly. But some parameters change globally, like the Ratio when I switch from the DMG to the SSL Channel, some don't.
I would like totally independent control for each model. Usually I dial in what I find best, then switch and try another model. When I switch back I would like my settings to be untouched. 4:1 on one model can feel very different on the next one...
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmac View Post
I really enjoy this collection, tried the new beta and just had to buy it, since it's like a swiss army knife of compression.
There is just one thing I can't get my head around: I think the beauty of a plugin like this lies in it's ability to switch models on the fly to find the right tool for the job quickly. But some parameters change globally, like the Ratio when I switch from the DMG to the SSL Channel, some don't.
I would like totally independent control for each model. Usually I dial in what I find best, then switch and try another model. When I switch back I would like my settings to be untouched. 4:1 on one model can feel very different on the next one...
The way how to do this currently to use ABCD presets and you can easily switch between.
I think the parameters are kept to minimum to have less clutter in using them for automation and external controllers.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuulart View Post
The way how to do this currently to use ABCD presets and you can easily switch between.
I think the parameters are kept to minimum to have less clutter in using them for automation and external controllers.
Thank you! Haven't thought about using the preset system for that!
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear
Looks like v2.0.0 of the Beta is available now https://dmgaudio.com/publicbeta/TrackComp/
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronies View Post
Looks like v2.0.0 of the Beta is available now https://dmgaudio.com/publicbeta/TrackComp/
Woohooo!!! I have been enjoying TC so much. Let's see what is new!!!

So from a quick look at the interface the new things are:
* Resizable GUI
* Global oversampling up to x16 and possibility to set rendering OS to any value as well.
* and 2k5 CPU usage is around the same as 76D, or even a little less...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search