The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
DMGAudio TrackComp
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
if I have a demo period can I try the beta?
The demo license should work for the beta.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
The demo license should work for the beta.
cool but where do I find it-is it on the website? I got a new demo period to try the new models and then found the installer didn't have them...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
cool but where do I find it-is it on the website? I got a new demo period to try the new models and then found the installer didn't have them...
If you search this thread for the word beta you'll find a link in one of the posts. That's how I found it.
Old 4 weeks ago
unr
Gear Maniac

Quote:
get it here (beta)
https://dmgaudio.com/publicbeta/TrackComp/
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by unr View Post
thanks!

I caved and ended up buying it...
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
if I have a demo period can I try the beta?
Yes
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
thanks!

Me too...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
thanks!

It's a good time to buy. Sounds like a 2500 and Fairchild may eventually make their way in too. The future definitely looks bright for TrackComp.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I made two presets with the zener thingy and called them "Hans Zener1" and "Hans Zener2"
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Is anyone getting total threashold resetting [to -96dB] upon plugin bypass ?
[NOT the plug's internal bypadd, daw bypass]
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicLov3r View Post
...daw bypass
which DAW?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTaylorMusic View Post
which DAW?
My main daw is Cubase [which is fine].

On Cantabile 2 [my quick testing platform] it dows this
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Going to demo this today, i wonder if DMG does sales or Black Friday discounts.

Thanks,
Daniel.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielbest1 View Post
Going to demo this today, i wonder if DMG does sales or Black Friday discounts.

Thanks,
Daniel.
Nope, they never do sales. But the more DMG products you own, the more discount you get.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dione View Post
Nope, they never do sales. But the more DMG products you own, the more discount you get.
Ok, thank you.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dione View Post
Plus, they usually have intro price discount when a plugin is released.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

On the subject of new models being added, a 33609 would be amazing
Old 3 weeks ago
OMU
Lives for gear

Finally bought it. Great price for 8 excellent compressors! Probably the best deal in compressor plugins of the moment.

A 33609 inside it would be amazing.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Been fortunate enough to receive educational discount on the DMG products, and trackcomp is just a beautiful little gem so far demoing it. Considering purchasing some more plugins, any recommendations? Considering to purchase equal, I mainly produce/co-write for clients, and just send them my mix for a more polished demo. With this in mind, Im thinking equilibrium might have a bit to many options (a bit overkill for my tasks). However, sometimes ocasionally my mix have been selected as the final mix before mastering for release. Any opinions?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berba View Post
Been fortunate enough to receive educational discount on the DMG products, and trackcomp is just a beautiful little gem so far demoing it. Considering purchasing some more plugins, any recommendations? Considering to purchase equal, I mainly produce/co-write for clients, and just send them my mix for a more polished demo. With this in mind, Im thinking equilibrium might have a bit to many options (a bit overkill for my tasks). However, sometimes ocasionally my mix have been selected as the final mix before mastering for release. Any opinions?
Equilibrium doesn't need to be complicated.....it has a set up wizard that configures it for your everyday use. You can save that as default.

Then if you later on decide something needs to be linear phase or you want a different set of bell shapes you can go a bit deeper without having to load or buy another plug in.

It was made to be the only eq you'l ever need.....
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
I would say it depends on what tools you already have and whether you are satisfied with them.

Personally Equilibrium is my go to EQ. Most of the time I just use the default settings for mixing and usually only dig into the deeper options for mastering and very specific mixing cases. It is fast to use, sounds good and has those extra options for when you need or want them.

You could also go for the simpler EQuick if you are looking for a quick and simple to use but effective EQ.

Alistair
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Yes, been fiddling around with it as we speak. Much less intimidating then I first expected.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTow View Post
I would say it depends on what tools you already have and whether you are satisfied with them.

Personally Equilibrium is my go to EQ. Most of the time I just use the default settings for mixing and usually only dig into the deeper options for mastering and very specific mixing cases. It is fast to use, sounds good and has those extra options for when you need or want them.

You could also go for the simpler EQuick if you are looking for a quick and simple to use but effective EQ.

Alistair
Thank you for your input. Currently I'm using Fab Q3 for everyday duties, however I'm one of those few where it seems I don't quite gel with it. Considering just using it for dynamic EQ duties.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Thank you for your input. Currently I'm using Fab Q3 for everyday duties, however I'm one of those few where it seems I don't quite gel with it. Considering just using it for dynamic EQ duties.
Try this http://www.apulsoft.ch/apqualizr2/

Discovered yesterday, it can make surgical cuts in a very smooth way.

Daniel.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Try Crave EQ - https://cravedsp.com - great EQ
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Have y'all seen this https://youtu.be/DpxE1QArz5M ?

Dave on trackcomp, analog modelling, etc!
@ Dave R e: difficulty marketing / slow sales - how about a kickstarter / kickstarter-style campaign where stretch sales goals fund additional models? Might light the fire a little more?

if you kept going with this I can really see it becoming the de facto standard compressor plugin.. value and quality already incomparable!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 235711131731 View Post
Have y'all seen this https://youtu.be/DpxE1QArz5M ?

Dave on trackcomp, analog modelling, etc!
@ Dave R e: difficulty marketing / slow sales - how about a kickstarter / kickstarter-style campaign where stretch sales goals fund additional models? Might light the fire a little more?

if you kept going with this I can really see it becoming the de facto standard compressor plugin.. value and quality already incomparable!
DMG Audio are honest guys selling great products and are thinking quality will be stronger than marketing. It would not be very surprising if they were struggling in the plugin market (or actually, any market at all).
This is the reason they deserve our support, but I think the best way is to buy plugins from them, not using crowdfunding (I used crowdfunding as a musician, and I find it pretty humiliating, like begging for money : I would prefer that people just buy CDs and pay for concerts instead of asking them to support me via crowdfunding and pay 8% to Kickstarter or KissKissBankBank).
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Let's be honest, for better or worse, if TrackComp had photorealistic GUIs of each model and they were sold as separate plugins, DMG would certainly be selling a lot more licenses. Also, I think people just don't fully appreciate or grasp what you're actually getting in TrackComp.

But I don't always love the workflow of TrackComp. For instance, I'd prefer the Opto had no threshold knob and just input and makeup, similar thing with the 76D. I'm a big believer in less is more, so the extra controls feel superfluous to me honestly. But I still think TrackComp is currently the best value in compressor plugins by far and I'm sure once the new update is official, word is going to spread like wildfire. I'd even suggest calling it TrackComp2 just to treat it like a new product and get some new pressers out there and reset demo licences. People would be crazy not to give it a second (if not first) chance.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post

But I don't always love the workflow of TrackComp. For instance, I'd prefer the Opto had no threshold knob and just input and makeup, similar thing with the 76d
Yep, I feel the same regarding opto and 76d. But anyway it’s a great plugin
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

People are different, I really like the layout, and that it’s the same for all compressors. :-)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search