The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Unfiltered Audio Zip
Old 5th November 2017
  #31
Gear Nut
 
gtracs's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Pok View Post
Yes it's on Plugin Aliance page just install it then when it checks for a licence it will ask if you want to demo instead.
Thank you!
Old 5th November 2017
  #32
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Black View Post
Get outta here dad I'm playing with my friends!!!
Haha!! Funny thing is, that joke works on 2 levels. It could be that “Dad” is old enough to make that kind of noob mistake...

Or that joke could be considered “Dad Humour”!!

Haha!!
Old 5th November 2017
  #33
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtracs View Post
Is there a demo version?
Yeah, believe their demos are 14 day trials. So make good use of that time!!
Old 8th November 2017
  #34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Pok View Post
Drones or any strange effect yo like.
How would you use modulated compression for drones? Got me interested .
Old 9th November 2017
  #35
Gear Nut
 
gtracs's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Pok View Post
Yes it's on Plugin Aliance page just install it then when it checks for a licence it will ask if you want to demo instead.
Unfortunately mine didn't give me a demo option. :(

Old 9th November 2017
  #36
Lives for gear
 
Gemylon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtracs View Post
Unfortunately mine didn't give me a demo option. :(


Click I'm online, then activate.
It takes you to ur account to look for a license.
If you don't have on, it askes you if you want to start a trial ...


That's it.
Old 10th November 2017
  #37
Gear Nut
 
gtracs's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
Click I'm online, then activate.
It takes you to ur account to look for a license.
If you don't have on, it askes you if you want to start a trial ...


That's it.
Worked; thank you so much! I'm terrible with these mysteries.
Old 23rd November 2017
  #38
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondwave View Post
How would you use modulated compression for drones? Got me interested .
I don't know it was just an off the top of my head idea maybe stick it on the delay send and modulate the threshold.
Old 25th November 2017
  #39
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Pok View Post
I don't know it was just an off the top of my head idea maybe stick it on the delay send and modulate the threshold.
I’d say it would crest more of a pulse like sound or Amplitude Modulation. This can either be done lightly or more extreme with a “slicer” or “stutter” type of effect.

If you combine it with other modulation you could potentially get something more intricate.
Old 6th August 2019
  #40
Gear Maniac
 

I bought Spec Ops when it first came out. Innovative FX and can't mix without having Spec Ops on the track somewhere. Recently sub'd to PA and gave Zip a try. Nothing. I mean no other plugin I've ever used does parallel drum buss crush like Zip. I couldn't 'shoot' it out vs any other plug I have because they just couldn't handle the brutality with so much grace and control. I'd call it a secret weapon but I'm sure many more users will figure it out soon enough. Great stuff!
Old 7th August 2019
  #41
I’ve tried to like Zip, but not yet clicked with it. I always end up replacing it with some other compressor. Elysia mpressor for sidechains or bx_townhouse for buses. Often just use bx ssl g/e for individual tracks.

It’s versatile and all, but lacks character or maybe just wrong kind of character.

I will keep trying it tho.
Old 7th August 2019
  #42
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondwave View Post
It’s versatile and all, but lacks character or maybe just wrong kind of character.
My new Parallel Drum Crush chain: BX VSM (for character) -> Zip (set to extreme with hard knee and color set to taste) -> Zynaptiq Unfilter (Intensity Bias focused on low-mid junk and Intensity 'eq windows' over the low fundamental of the kick and snare to create 'punch' through the compressed sludge).
Old 4 weeks ago
  #43
Here for the gear
To save me a bit of time, is it possible to use Zip to restore some dynamics of a over-limited mix, in a mastering context? Assuming some transients survived!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #44
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromRVA View Post
My new Parallel Drum Crush chain: BX VSM (for character) -> Zip (set to extreme with hard knee and color set to taste) -> Zynaptiq Unfilter (Intensity Bias focused on low-mid junk and Intensity 'eq windows' over the low fundamental of the kick and snare to create 'punch' through the compressed sludge).
I’ve got to say that’s a pretty unique chain.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #45
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.billington View Post
I’ve got to say that’s a pretty unique chain.
Maybe I should call it Extreme Drum Crush
Old 2 weeks ago
  #46
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemicalfan View Post
To save me a bit of time, is it possible to use Zip to restore some dynamics of a over-limited mix, in a mastering context? Assuming some transients survived!
Try Airwindows Remap for that. It can be quite fantastic if used correctly.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #47
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotabateno View Post
Try Airwindows Remap for that. It can be quite fantastic if used correctly.
Details on how to use Remap correctly??
Old 2 weeks ago
  #48
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by profvonsok View Post
Details on how to use Remap correctly??
Not really, but as with most of his plugins you can take things way beyond the sweetspot, so use with care. I think a little goes a long way. Some people also seem to have good results stacking multiple instances. Hope this helps.

By use correctly I mainly meant find the flippin' sweetspot
Old 2 weeks ago
  #49
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromRVA View Post
Maybe I should call it Extreme Drum Crush
Or the Crushed Crush!!
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump