The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
3D Multitrack Mixing in any DAW! Dear Reality & Plugin Alliance team up Utility Plugins
Old 17th October 2017
Plugin Alliance / Brainworx

3D Multitrack Mixing in any DAW! Dear Reality & Plugin Alliance team up

Plugin Alliance presents: Dear Reality 3D Mixing plugins!

Hi everybody, I am proud to announce a new Plugin Alliance partner and their amazing new plugins for 3D mixing!

Please welcome Dear Reality from Germany and their new dearVR music and dearVR pro plugins.

Info on the Plugin Alliance web site:
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/p...rvr_music.html

The plugins allow you to MIX IN 3D IN ANY DAW!

Just insert the plugin on every track in your multitrack session and position the individual audio files wherever you want. In front of you, behind you, above you, below you.

Dear Reality are releasing a dedicated "music" version for all you music producers, and all you need to get started is a pair of headphones. Mix in 3D with a laptop and your headphones, then export in a format that is a 2-channel master, which you can embed on any YouTube video, or send to friends. They can listen to your mixes in 3D, and all they need is your mix and their headphones.

No separate hardware or a special player needed!

There is also a "pro" version for all you game audio and movie mixers, which features output formats of up to 16-channel Ambisonics.

Below is the first trailer video, which features some impressive ambience and music mixed with the dearVR plugins.

Enjoy, and happy 3D mixing.
Dirk - PA/BX

LET'S GEEK OUT:
POST SOME DEMOS ONCE YOU START USING THE 14-DAY FREE TRIALS.

Official trailer video...
USE HEADPHONES TO LISTEN!!!

Old 17th October 2017
Here for the gear

MUSIC PRODUCER , LET ME TRY. BUT TELL ME ,

Last edited by ANGOLANO; 17th October 2017 at 03:59 AM..
Old 17th October 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGOLANO View Post
MUSIC PRODUCER , LET ME TRY. BUT TELL ME ,
You can download and try this NOW.
Just download from plugin-alliance.com and enjoy.
You will need headphones, that's all.
Dirk.
Old 17th October 2017
Here for the gear

OOOOOOOOOOH NICE PLUGIN .
Old 17th October 2017
Lives for gear

I'm still not too familiar with mixing for VR, but don't they usually use a head tracker to follow the ears movements? How will this work with this plugin?

Last edited by baslotto; 17th October 2017 at 03:17 PM..
Old 17th October 2017
Here for the gear

dearVR head tracking

@baslotto: Without a head tracker the mixing and perception also works fine, check out these three examples:

and further in the playlists: https://soundcloud.com/pluginallianc...ity-dearvr-pro

But you're right a head tracker helps a lot on checking the mix from any direction and we'll have the option to connect a head tracker to the plugin in an update.
Even better, additional to head tracking, you will be able to mix directly within VR.
Check this out! It's called dearVR Spatial Connect coming soon and will be connect to the dearVR pro.

Old 17th October 2017
Here for the gear

If I purchase dearVR music is there an upgrade path to Pro version?
Old 17th October 2017

music -> pro Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
If I purchase dearVR music is there an upgrade path to Pro version?
We´re planning on offering an upgrade price from next month on, but I don´t know yet how this will look like exactly.

the PRO and the MUSIC plugins are pretty separate products for different applications, but we will try and have a decent offer in place for people who start with 3D mixing using the music plugin and then upgrade to the more sophisticated pro version.

Dirk.
Old 17th October 2017
Gear Head
Absolutly awesome. Instant buy for me.
You made my day.
Old 17th October 2017
Lives for gear

Old 17th October 2017
Here for the gear

@Gemylon: It's the same backend as the dearVR pro but for interactive audio in the Unity game engine. So if you prepare audio in your DAW for a Game, VR, AR, 360° video experience Unity, you'll be able to monitor with dearVR pro, how your sounds will work later in Unity while you edit or create them.

The transfer of the mix from the DAW to Unity is something we are targeting with the dearVR Spatial Connect, too.

Christian

Old 17th October 2017
Gear Nut

If Pro version is also for films, how does it support Dolby Atmos format?
Old 18th October 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad jitter View Post
If Pro version is also for films, how does it support Dolby Atmos format?
Dolby Atmos is not supported yet, but multi-channels formats will be supported in the future. For now the focus is on object-based binaural rendering and scene-based ambisonics rendering.

The option to switch back to loudspeaker stereo is an important feature from dearVR Unity depending if the user wears headphones or has loudspeakers to listen to the experience.
Old 18th October 2017
WKG
Lives for gear
Worked just a bit with some multiple acoustic guitar pieces, perfect for creating spaces for each instrument.

Instant buy.

I love what Plugin Alliance has been doing lately.
Old 18th October 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKG View Post
Worked just a bit with some multiple acoustic guitar pieces, perfect for creating spaces for each instrument.

Instant buy.

I love what Plugin Alliance has been doing lately.
Can I hear this please?
I love acoustic music nixed in 3D!
Old 18th October 2017
Gear Nut

Pardon the noob question: Will this be of any use for mixes that aren't specifically designed for headphones? For example, I have been using IRCAM's Spat v3 for some applications and was really amazed on how well it worked on speakers, too. Has anyone been using this new plugin with speakers?
Old 19th October 2017
Lives for gear

Anybody here with experience using Wave Arts Panorama? I'm interested in knowing how this compares to that. I mainly use Panorama for adding extra ear candy here and there...
Old 19th October 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Pilgrim View Post
Pardon the noob question: Will this be of any use for mixes that aren't specifically designed for headphones? For example, I have been using IRCAM's Spat v3 for some applications and was really amazed on how well it worked on speakers, too. Has anyone been using this new plugin with speakers?
@Billy Pilgrim: Yes, you can also use it as an advanced reverb without binaural rendering, too. The reviews by Stonebridge or Micheal Zimmerling (https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/i...tml#review-413) bear a testimony to the reverb quality of dearVR.
You can either turn down the gain on the positioning module or use the stereo output mode.

Best,
Achim
Old 19th October 2017
Lives for gear

Hi Achim,

Do you guys have a comparison chart between the two versions ?

Would be very convenient ...

Old 19th October 2017
Looks interesting...
What would be the best advantage of using your product over the Facebook Spatializer (not counting head tracking etc... just on a "static" point of view)
Also, can you bypass the binaural encoding and/or use your own binaural IRs?
Thanks
Old 19th October 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
Hi Achim,

Do you guys have a comparison chart between the two versions ?

Would be very convenient ...

@Gemylon: I quickly created one...

Best,
Achim

Presets:
dearVR music: 18 Virtual Acoustic Presets
dearVR pro: 45 Virtual Acoustic Preset

dearVR pro offers more presets with an additional section „Post-Production and Halls“

Output Formats:
dearVR music: Binaural / only FOA ambix / 2.0 Stereo
dearVR pro: Binaural / FOA, SOA and TOA (ambix and FuMa) / 2.0 Stereo

Additional Features only within dearVR pro
1. Realtime Auralisation
Auralisation creates real-time reflections depending on the sound source position and distance relative to six walls:
Left, Front, Right, Top, Back, Bottom.
The Wall distances to the listener's position can be adjusted by six knobs and are indicated within the XYZ-Pad.
Realtime Auralisation gives you an enhanced out-of-head localization.

2. Occlusion
A parameter to simulate acoustic occlusion by an object or wall.

3. Azimuth Scale
A parameter to scale the internal horizontal-angel processing.
Useful mixing for 360° video. Enables to trim written horizontal automation curves of sound objects to match auditory and visual perception.

4. Distance Scale
A parameter to scale the internal distance processing.
Useful mixing for 360° video. Enables to trim written distance automation curves of sound objects to match auditory and visual perception.
Old 20th October 2017
WKG
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainrox View Post
Can I hear this please?
I love acoustic music nixed in 3D!
Buried up to my eyeballs in work at the moment. I was just giving it a quick run through but give me a bit and let me see what I can do.
Old 20th October 2017
Lives for gear

Anybody using this in an Ocean Way UAD application to place different instruments in a space?
Old 20th October 2017
Here for the gear

Looks good.
I'm mostly going to use this for soundscape design. Will I be able to make my sound objects move around the listener with the "Music" version or do I need "Pro" with the realtime auralisations for that.
Old 20th October 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by LutherBlissett99 View Post
Looks good.
I'm mostly going to use this for soundscape design. Will I be able to make my sound objects move around the listener with the "Music" version or do I need "Pro" with the realtime auralisations for that.
The music version lets you move sound around the listener, you can even automate this (of course).

Dirk.
Old 25th October 2017
Lives for gear

@ Dirk / Achim / sideshowb

When will we see support for 96 kHz sample rate ?

Old 25th October 2017
Here for the gear

I saw the one comment about usefulness for film. What does something like this offer for the film realm, over particle granular processors like DUST and SoundParticles? Very cool plug-in, though.
Old 25th October 2017
Here for the gear

[QUOTE=Gemylon;12923106]@ Dirk / Achim / sideshowb

When will we see support for 96 kHz sample rate ?

@Gemylon: Support for 96 kHz is on our roadmap for the next update. Together with Plugin Alliance we'll have to figure out a possible date.

Best,
Achim
Old 25th October 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwhit View Post
I saw the one comment about usefulness for film. What does something like this offer for the film realm, over particle granular processors like DUST and SoundParticles? Very cool plug-in, though.
@harwhit: Our dearVR plugins create a kind of „acoustic virtual reality“ with binaural and ambisonic output formats (up to TOA with dearVRpro)
Besides offering new opportunities for music production (please listen to our demos at https://soundcloud.com/pluginallianc...ity-dearvr-pro), we designed dearVR pro as a tool for 360° video production or VR/AR/Game preproduction.

Even though Dust is a pretty cool plugin and also has a binaural panner, it emits a sound based on granular resynthesis. I think you won’t be able to create such a realistic and natural sounding spatial audio mix as with the dearVR plugins. Also the binaural panner offers only X/Y position in the horizontal plane and no elevation.

SoundParticle is a standalone application. It doesn't have a binaural rendering and supports only channel-based audio. But again, also a fascinating sound designer tool...

Best,
Achim
Old 31st October 2017
Does anyone know how long the intro price will last? Thanks!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search