The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fairlight Kontakt R3 Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 14th October 2017
Lives for gear

Fairlight Kontakt R3

Fairlight Kontakt R3

• All the famous sounds from the complete and utterly classic Fairlight IIx system, with loads of spices from Synclavier and a fully equipped pro synth studio in one amazing package. Inspiration in heavy doses for sure. How about JX8P, D-50, Linndrum? They're all right here waiting for you. Moog Prodigy basses? Anything for you, ready and waiting. If you love to tweak, Kontakt gives you endless possibilities there too. You are not limited to what we already programmed.
• Also contains everything from Lost In The Fairlight Maze and is now sorted so that those banks are found easily; they're at the absolute top of the file hierarchy.
• This is our largest Kontakt library to date and it is made for Kontakt 5.3 and up. The full version of Kontakt is needed.
• Over 1,400 patches, 2 Gb of data, around 5,000 samples.
• Although we made improvements and added content, the price has been lowered from $219 / $159 respectively to just $99 USD.

How we see the Fairlight

We remember how the Fairlight CMI was used back in the 80s: It wasn't the final word on synthesis and sampling. It was surrounded by other fine keyboards, high end effects, sampling tools, amazing drum machines. That is why we located, bought, programmed and sampled those as well. Purchasing sounds from us ensure that this relentless work can continue. This is a very special sound library!

Sound categories

All banks from Lost In The Fairlight Maze as well as the following: Acoustic, Analog, Bass, Brass, Casio VZ, Chasing Fairs / D-50, Choir, CMI Patches (sorted into these types: Bass, Bells, CMI Processing, Drums, Effects, Flutes, Guitars, Keys, Mallets, Organs, Strings, Used by Vince Clarke & Yazoo, Voices), Drum kits, DX patches, Effects, EII Enigma, Ensoniq SQ-80, Fairlight various, Flutes, Guitars, JX Patches, Leads, Moog, MS20, Oberheim Synths, Orchestra Hits, Organs, Pads etc, Pianoz, PPG, Sararr, SH-101, Strings, Swanee, Sync, Synclavier, Synth bass patches, Synth bells, Synthshot, Technics SX-250, Trambass, Waveseq / Wavestation, Woodwindz and finally Xylos / Mallets.

Time to be amazed

Rest assured this library is good for any style of electronic music, from hip hop to Art Of Noise-inspired experiments to dubstep, house, techno, jazz, rock, etc. Sounds shouldn't be sorted to style; they should be inspiring for makers of all styles.

[attach]

Fairlight Kontakt R3 Patch list PDF

Price: $99. Order.

Fairlight Kontakt R3 | BITLEY™ SOUNDS & REFILLS
Attached Thumbnails
Fairlight Kontakt R3-fairlight-kontakt-r3-400by400.jpg  

Last edited by bitleyTM; 3rd November 2017 at 03:32 PM..
Old 14th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitleyTM View Post

Selling sounds is a tough concept of life...
Indeed. It's a huge market, and it's tough to stand out. I like the idea, but to be honest I thought the initial post was far too long so I lost interest. The full back story is cool, but perhaps not in a post announcing a new product. Most people who peruse forums don't have the attention span to go through it all. Tell us what it is, how much it costs, let us hear it. With 5 new sample libraries released each day, that brief info is about all we have time for. Good luck with it! It's a monster project.
Old 15th October 2017
Here for the gear

Man i just LOVE these Sounds....i wanted to buy it years ago, Lost In The Fairlight Maze was very organic sounding..Now Paypal or Visa? lol

Last edited by Killavybz; 15th October 2017 at 03:00 AM.. Reason: visa or paypal
Old 15th October 2017
Gear Head

I bought this earlier tonight, and have spent the last 90 minutes playing with it. At the current $49.50 sale price (or even the $99 full price) it is an absolute steal. I'm working on an 80s-style post-apoclayptic-movie-soundtrack-inspired album, and R3 is filled with gorgeous, inspiring sounds. Everyone interested in 80s synth music should seriously consider getting this.

Or actually, don't. I want all these sounds to myself!

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the somewhat odd Dropbox distribution system. It's not a big impediment, but a bit peculiar. Even so, for a $99 (or, currently, $49.50) sample collection of this caliber, a somewhat unusual distribution system is a very, very minor issue indeed.
Old 15th October 2017
Gear Maniac

Just bought it.
Old 15th October 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Indeed. It's a huge market, and it's tough to stand out. I like the idea, but to be honest I thought the initial post was far too long so I lost interest. The full back story is cool, but perhaps not in a post announcing a new product. Most people who peruse forums don't have the attention span to go through it all. Tell us what it is, how much it costs, let us hear it. With 5 new sample libraries released each day, that brief info is about all we have time for. Good luck with it! It's a monster project.
Sometimes it's worth to read a full post. Really cool library and if you listen to current trend in pop - all is there, again.
Old 15th October 2017
Lives for gear
Amazing. Thanks for your hard work.
Old 18th October 2017
Lives for gear

I just purchased R2 and I see on the site that R3 is "a free update to R2 owners". How do I go about downloading the new content?

Thanks
Old 19th October 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirkusPi View Post
The only thing I'm not crazy about is the somewhat odd Dropbox distribution system.
I tend to agree with this, the library takes half space of my free Dropbox account, so after a while i may choose to un-sync it.
Old 20th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Is this really the area to discuss here, not my giant work with the library? :-)
Yes, it is.
Old 20th October 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
You can unjoin the share after downloading.

And rejoin anytime you’re curious if something new is there.

If this is such a problem download links should be working soon. For 99,6% of users Dropbox really is great.

Is this really the area to discuss here, not my giant work with the library? :-)
Sure i appreciate your hard work, thank you. But a free space of 1.8Gb in Dropbox is needed in order to download this library and stay up-to-date, that's all i am saying
Old 20th October 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
No because you may unjoin and rejoin anytime. Like I said.
Yeah, that's what I did. Joined the Dropbox group, downloaded the files, and then removed my access (but did not take the further step of removing my authorization) so the folder wasn't taking up space on my system (but I can rejoin at any time for updates).

It's really not a big deal, and I understand the reasoning behind it, even if I do still think it's a bit clunky.

But as I said in my original post above, this very minor hassle pales in comparison to how great the sounds are, and what a tremendous value this collection is, especially at the sale price (but even at the full price). I am very happy that I purchased!
Old 21st October 2017
Gear Maniac

Having taken advantage of his earlier offer, I can't say enough about the sound of the library. Wide, deep and just what you'd hope for from these instruments.

Don't screw around and miss the offer. Buy this. Now!
Old 21st October 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by burp182 View Post
Having taken advantage of his earlier offer, I can't say enough about the sound of the library. Wide, deep and just what you'd hope for from these instruments.

Don't screw around and miss the offer. Buy this. Now!
Agreed.
Old 21st October 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 View Post
Agreed.
Yes. It's damn tasty.
Old 21st October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4410 View Post
Sure i appreciate your hard work, thank you. But a free space of 1.8Gb in Dropbox is needed in order to download this library and stay up-to-date, that's all i am saying
I don't have dropbox?

So I should sign up to dropbox, and then pay with paypal?
Old 21st October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
I don't have dropbox?

So I should sign up to dropbox, and then pay with paypal?
Yes, you need to create an account

Yes, you need to install a dropbox application

Yes, you should get some server space and host this more eloquently.

It still says R2 on the archive, which seems confusing. Which is it? R2? R3?

Having said that, I can't wait for this to download so I can get some fairlight hooked up in here on a Saturday night

Edit: I see now it is also file sharing from users etc in the dropbox format. Can be useful I imagine. Anyways my download is complete and I am off to play.

Last edited by brockorama; 21st October 2017 at 11:11 PM..
Old 21st October 2017
Gear Nut

Bought through your Deal Zone ad - Thanks for the special/intro offer!

Last edited by 2busdriver; 21st October 2017 at 11:51 PM..
Old 22nd October 2017
Lives for gear

Yes very tasty.

I love the drums
Old 22nd October 2017
Lives for gear

The library in use:

”Fairlight Dreams” by Dynakill

Old 22nd October 2017
Lives for gear

Seriously?

I was being as nice as I could.

In any case, looking forward to giving this a good workout tomorrow.
Old 22nd October 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
The library in use:

”Fairlight Dreams” by Dynakill

Wow! What a great track! Are all the sounds in that track from Fairlight R3?
Old 22nd October 2017
Lives for gear

Yessir!
Old 22nd October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks! If you go back to Dropbox or check your email from them you will see that you are invited. :-)
Sorry, I don't quite understand. I looked back through my email and found the Dropbox folder invite from Bitleytm for R2 but the "View folder" link in that email brings up a 404 "folder not found" error page on the Dropbox site. I haven't received any new invites via email nor is there an invitation in the Dropbox notification area. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Darrell St.Blaine
Old 23rd October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 View Post
Wow! What a great track! Are all the sounds in that track from Fairlight R3?
According to the composer:

Reason 8, Bitley's WBF R2, TR-707 Samples, TR 808 Samples and a few drums I cooked up on the Subtractor and Kong drum designer
Old 24th October 2017
Lives for gear

Yes and all sounds you hear are in the new Kontakt version as well. I am very greatful that he created such a great track with the sounds. But I could of course just as well link something by A-ha or Art Of Noise as well, since they also have a couple of Fairlight based tunes. Among the customers are also a couple of very famous hit creators from the 80’s and they seem happy with it. Quite a few Fairlight owners have also bought it as it gives them easier access to that sound.
Old 25th October 2017
Gear Maniac

I use Dropbox with the app it works great. I’ve got all my stuff synced between a couple computers.

Anyways, I paid for the product via paypal on my iPhone and now I am waiting for Dropbox link.

There are other services that you might consider for distribution. Dropbox is designed for collaborative and backup type of situations.

I’ve had good experiences purchasing packs from samples from mars. Although they don’t distribute updates to great. There has to be a good software solution designed for this. Can’t be that much more costly than the paypal fees.
Old 25th October 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Any additional musical demos that would be ideal?
More Depeche Mode Some Great Black Celebration For the Masses-type demos!

Last edited by Squeegee 303; 25th October 2017 at 05:25 AM..
Old 26th October 2017
Lives for gear

Thank you all

Last edited by bitleyTM; 1st November 2017 at 12:43 PM..
Old 27th October 2017
Gear Head

Hey Bitley! I own the original (?) Kontakt fairlight bought back in 2014. I no longer have access to the Dropbox. Is this a free upgrade for me? If not I dont want to miss the intro price.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search