The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sonarworks releases Reference 4!
Old 16th October 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bichop View Post
I don't know if they said it before, but I recommend not leaving the sonarworks flat.
A b & k curve, or something similar, is necessary to translate well and not drill the ears
Do you mean to not work with Sonarworks 100 % wet ?
Old 16th October 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Probably means using the Predefined Target Curves or the Bass Boost and Tilt.

I don’t like to use any of it. I guess it depends on a lot of factors. If I was sitting really close to my monitors then yes I’d probably need to tame the highs. If all I was working on were the ultra squashed modern pop music I’d probably want it on too. But a lot of my favorite reference tracks sounds too dark when not flat.

Try the settings and see what sounds right to you. Like how are tracks sounding compared to other environments and setups.

I keep my correction 100% (it’s only doing +4,6 dB maximum boost already) and on the mixed phase Optimum mode.
Old 18th October 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Even if you guys keep on updating this plugin you have not fixed the calibration process so that it stops chopping off the high end of my Kii Three speakers. Just add at tad more time to capture the speakers signals. It's even worse than the last time I did the measurements. It's a long time since the very first time I mentioned this.

Sonarworks releases Reference 4!-skjermbilde-2019-10-18-kl.-10.21.16.jpg

Sonarworks releases Reference 4!-skjermbilde-2019-10-18-kl.-10.33.52.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Sonarworks releases Reference 4!-skjermbilde-2019-10-18-kl.-10.21.16.jpg   Sonarworks releases Reference 4!-skjermbilde-2019-10-18-kl.-10.33.52.jpg  
Old 18th October 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
What did they say when you contacted them directly?
Old 27th November 2020
Gear Nut

Would buying Studio edition make sense for someone working in an untreated bedroom (treatment not possible)? It's 40% off currently. Already have the Headphone edition and use it daily...
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000 View Post
Would buying Studio edition make sense for someone working in an untreated bedroom (treatment not possible)? It's 40% off currently. Already have the Headphone edition and use it daily...
Absolutely!
Old 7th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000 View Post
Only way i can really use any monitors at my place. If i had to give SW up, then monitors would go with them
📝 Reply