The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sonarworks releases Reference 4!
Old 13th October 2017
Gear Maniac

Only zero latency on the plugin?

Oh well. Maybe one day we can have it system wide.

Until then...
Old 13th October 2017
Gear Addict
Why is Senneiser HD-26 Pro still not supported?
Old 13th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis.b View Post
Why is Senneiser HD-26 Pro still not supported?
I'd definitely buy the plug in it if it was.
Old 13th October 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantex View Post
One thing that would make the majority of the users happy would be to include some kind of slider, with which you would be able to limit the frequency interval for correction. So one could set it at 250Hz and Sonarworks would only work from 20Hz to 250Hz for example.

As we all know HF corrections are not efficient with equalization since the wavelengths are so short, that even moving a head for an inch can drastically change the response. Besides adjusting HF EQ with narrow Qs might decrease sound quality, so if it would be possible to limit the correction from desired frequency on, this would be perfect!
+1

I would also love to have possibility edit the reference curve a bit like with a simple parametric EQ. So not only to have the low/high balance control, but to create own curves to adjust the reference curve a but by ear.

I have still a but too much at 139 hz for my ear for example, I would love to make a small dip there. I use a EQ after Ref3 for that...
Old 13th October 2017
Gear Nut

Having recently bought Systemwide, thanks for the free upgrade!
Old 14th October 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantex View Post
One thing that would make the majority of the users happy would be to include some kind of slider, with which you would be able to limit the frequency interval for correction. So one could set it at 250Hz and Sonarworks would only work from 20Hz to 250Hz for example.

As we all know HF corrections are not efficient with equalization since the wavelengths are so short, that even moving a head for an inch can drastically change the response. Besides adjusting HF EQ with narrow Qs might decrease sound quality, so if it would be possible to limit the correction from desired frequency on, this would be perfect!
I definitely second this. Ears are way more sensitive to higher frequency correction software and it would give users more versatility who only have lower frequency problems they need to fix.
Old 14th October 2017
Lives for gear

If I've read the website correctly it appears the upgrade is free if you own Headphone, Speaker and Systemwide plugins? Even if they were purchased before the grace period.
Old 14th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by screentan View Post
If I've read the website correctly it appears the upgrade is free if you own Headphone, Speaker and Systemwide plugins? Even if they were purchased before the grace period.
Yep...I only bought Speaker and Systemwide but got headphones plug thrown in with Speaker on some promotion I think (though I don't use it) so I already downloaded and installed the free update.

I guess can't complain too much as it cost nowt, but really this feels like a 3.1 update rather than a full version.
By the time we get detailed curve adjustment, more simulations and ASIO support we'll be on Reference 7 already.
Old 14th October 2017
Gear Maniac

-> Does anyone know if this 60% discount is time limited?

It just says: "You’ll get a special upgrade price with 60% off", so 19€ instead of 49€ when you have the speaker software. But nothing more?

-> Is SystemWide still optional or is it installed automatically with Ref4?

I'm on the road at the moment and can't try it because I have no access to my studio pc in the next week.

I really I don't want the SystemWide component to be installed because I don't need it and will never use it. I don't want additional system drivers which can mess up my stability. I had problems with this kind of sound-hook-up drivers a lot in the past in Windows
Old 14th October 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouHuman View Post
-> Is SystemWide still optional or is it installed automatically with Ref4?

I'm on the road at the moment and can't try it because I have no access to my studio pc in the next week.

I really I don't want the SystemWide component to be installed because I don't need it and will never use it. I don't want additional system drivers which can mess up my stability. I had problems with this kind of sound-hook-up drivers a lot in the past in Windows
You can customise what components are installed during the installation process. Therefore, if you don't want to install SystemWide you can deselect it (it would be installed by default).
Old 14th October 2017
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrodulf View Post
[SIZE="4"]Our supported headphone library has grown to 101 models. Old profiles have been updated for even better accuracy, due to improved measurement technology and vastly larger measured sample sizes.
I don't know if it's been mentioned but these are already available and you can get them for Reference 3. In this blog post you can see which ones have been updated.

I've just downloaded them (just click on the SW logo at the top left of the plugin and select "Add a new license" to re-activate it) and it's a bit of a mess, some of the old ones are left behind because the name of the file is slightly different, e.g. "Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 Ohm Average" is the new one, "Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro (250Ohm) Average" the old one, so it doesn't get overwritten. I've done some cleaning up based on the dates of the files and it looks like there were some other duplicates left over from previous updates too.

I suppose you could empty the folder before re-activating to make sure you get just the latest ones, or would the plugin freak out if it didn't find the profiles there? Hrodulf?
Old 15th October 2017
Here for the gear
I've tried to install the trial 4 times now, no success
It says it downloads the plugin and Systemwide, then "installation successful", but the files arn't placed where i installed them and windows doesn't even show me that i have installed it at all.

Would appreciate if someone with the same problem could help me out?

Thanks!
Old 15th October 2017
Lives for gear

Do I need to remeasure with V4 or is the algo still the same?
Old 15th October 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemusic View Post
On checkout I get this--
Yep me too after trying to upgrade 20 minutes ago. I didn't even receive an email for the upgrade. I had to find it on their website.

Official release has been disappointing.
Old 15th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Nelson View Post
I've tried to install the trial 4 times now, no success
It says it downloads the plugin and Systemwide, then "installation successful", but the files arn't placed where i installed them and windows doesn't even show me that i have installed it at all.

Would appreciate if someone with the same problem could help me out?

Thanks!
I ended up selecting offline installer and running it from Windows....there was still some oddness.
I think it only uninstalled systemwide old version and rebooted and then I had to manually run it again.
Old 16th October 2017
M2E
Lives for gear

I own all 3.
I love the product and use it on every mix.
I just don't understand how to get the upgrade, how much is it for me?
Is it free as I own all 3? I see it's free if you own Headphone/SystemWide.

Please advise,

Thanks,

Marc
Old 16th October 2017
I really wish you implemented a "freeze" button or the possibility to export the correction curve as a preset for Q-Clone (or similar plugins).
High CPU usage is still a big issue for me.
I rely on Steinberg Nuendo's built in control room section, so each speaker output has it's own Sonarworks plugin, that's four instances in total, including headphones.
Old 16th October 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
I rely on Steinberg Nuendo's built in control room section, so each speaker output has it's own Sonarworks plugin, that's four instances in total, including headphones.
I do the same thing with 4 sonarworks plugins with different profiles switchable to 4 sets of monitors /phones (as you do).
Menubus pro is brilliant for this purpose. When you switch to any given speaker, menubus only uses CPU cycles for the currently active plugin.

You're essentially using one plugin. Rock solid too!
Old 16th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
I own all 3.
I love the product and use it on every mix.
I just don't understand how to get the upgrade, how much is it for me?
Is it free as I own all 3? I see it's free if you own Headphone/SystemWide.

Please advise,

Thanks,

Marc
it's all in here:

https://www.sonarworks.com/reference/upgrade-policy

For you it's free - Just click the upgrade button and enter the activation keys for each of your products.
Old 16th October 2017
Lives for gear

I tried to upgrade.... on friday after i had filled everything out it said october 16th... I filled it all out again today.... Now it says come back october 17th.
Old 16th October 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioK9 View Post
I do the same thing with 4 sonarworks plugins with different profiles switchable to 4 sets of monitors /phones (as you do).
Menubus pro is brilliant for this purpose. When you switch to any given speaker, menubus only uses CPU cycles for the currently active plugin.

You're essentially using one plugin. Rock solid too!
Oh really? That's very interesting, I need to check it out.
At the moment I'm using an aggregate device with Soundflower in order to get iTunes and Quicktime routed through Nuendo, but it's a bit of a pain.
Old 16th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom & Roland View Post
I tried to upgrade.... on friday after i had filled everything out it said october 16th... I filled it all out again today.... Now it says come back october 17th.
I guess they are trying to fix the installers as the update process was a mess.
Old 16th October 2017
Gear Addict

I can I use my own measurement Mic with V4?
Old 16th October 2017
any of you guys who managed to upgrade checked how is the new zero latency filter's CPU usage? the low latency mode in Ref3 uses around 20% DSP on my i7 6700K in a 96KHz project. if Ref4 is a an even bigger burden it's not for me. I don't like how the mixed and linear phase filters sound on the low end and there is where the correction lies ...
question is if they will still continue to support Ref3 as there are still bugs in it. or is it Ref4 all the way? I guess that's probably the case.

C>
Old 16th October 2017
Here for the gear

How does anyone even trial this? It seems to require an activation/license to activate anything, even though it says I have the trial and already started the countdown to expire. There is nothing on their site about the trial except the download, and nothing was sent to my email. Bummer.
Old 16th October 2017
Lives for gear

$19 to upgrade my Reference 3 Headphone plugin... not sure it's worth it just for zero latency. Feels like a V3.1 to me, not V4.
Old 16th October 2017
Lives for gear

I have the speaker cal and headphone cal, so its free for me?
Old 16th October 2017
Lives for gear

Have all the issues people been having with the upgrade online been fixed?
Old 16th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiBoy View Post
$19 to upgrade my Reference 3 Headphone plugin... not sure it's worth it just for zero latency. Feels like a V3.1 to me, not V4.
Hey...I made the feels more like 3.1 statement already
The upgrade in your case also includes Systemwide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
I have the speaker cal and headphone cal, so its free for me?
Probably not...depending when you activated.

https://www.sonarworks.com/reference/upgrade-policy
Old 16th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
The upgrade in your case also includes Systemwide.
And that's what makes the upgrade worth it for me. I was planning to buy Systemwide some time down the line anyway, so getting that plus getting a new low latency mode that will allow me to use the correction during production and recording sessions is potentially a game changer for that price.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search