The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sonarworks releases Reference 4! Studio Headphones
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Is there any news of the new algorithm for Ref 4 ? ?
Old 2 weeks ago
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirito View Post
Not yet...
It is strange because there should already be a beta version released.
This was announced from sonarworks for this month
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Hello,

I don't well understand what is your upgrade system.

I already own Sonarworks 3 with the headphone calibration, and the speaker calibration with the mic, bought before september 2017.

What is the SystemWide ????

How much would it cost me to upgrade to version 4?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Sergio
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergioelectro View Post
Hello,

I don't well understand what is your upgrade system.

I already own Sonarworks 3 with the headphone calibration, and the speaker calibration with the mic, bought before september 2017.

What is the SystemWide ????

How much would it cost me to upgrade to version 4?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Sergio
If you wish to ask Sonarworks directly you would be better to mail them.

But your upgrade is 19 euro as shown here:
Upgrade policy of Reference 4 | Sonarworks

SystemWide is an app that processes all audio from your computer with the calibration so you hear the same process whether you use the DAW or are playing from a media player or browser audio etc.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Today I measured my speakers wth and without the correction curve at the sweet spot. I think the mids might be from when I need to put the measuring mic over the mixing desk, a place I never lean over to listen, it’s a shame we can’t set the limits for the measurment process ourselves. Also like we know you can’t just push more bass into a acoustic dip and flatten it out. Also the time response /waterfall plot doesn’t look too good with Ref4, it triggers my 27Hz fundamental mode more than flat (it boosts it a little but also worse in limited onstead of normal low end). Keep in mind this is only the sweet spot, Sonarworks take measurements over a wider area. But I think some of those areas are worthless to include if I never use them. One graph for left and one for right speakers. Edit: Yellow is before, red is with Sonarworks correction. I did not move the mic during the measurements.
Attached Thumbnails
Sonarworks releases Reference 4!-5d05e394-d04b-497e-8f8a-07cd08470dd8.jpg   Sonarworks releases Reference 4!-997a2dcc-2616-4115-b759-4f7d8a1b5b2a.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
picked up the mass drop hd6xx. Supposed to be the same as the hd650, so fingers crossed when I get them that they will work well with that profile. Any chance the Sonarworks team might be considering profiling these headphones. There were millions sold during the sale so I am sure this is one that will get used a lot.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Hello guys! I was reading about the headphones recommended by Sonarworks staff, the Audio Technica M40X was said to be far from neutral and with unreliable treble, however I think it flat (as far as possible), and even more than the Beyerdynamic DT770 as well recommended by them. What do you think?

Cheers!
Old 1 week ago
M2E
Lives for gear

I think the next move for Sonarworks is being able to move around the room and still be in the sweet spot. That’s the next level but, until then I love this program!!!
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmanoel View Post
Hello guys! I was reading about the headphones recommended by Sonarworks staff, the Audio Technica M40X was said to be far from neutral and with unreliable treble, however I think it flat (as far as possible), and even more than the Beyerdynamic DT770 as well recommended by them. What do you think?

Cheers!
Sennheiser HD600 or HD650 are the ones that require the least adjustment to be 'flat' , I have a pair of DT770s , great for recording with but no-where in the ballpark of flat in comparison to the HD600/650s.

Thought you might like to know this
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumax View Post
Sennheiser HD600 or HD650 are the ones that require the least adjustment to be 'flat' , I have a pair of DT770s , great for recording with but no-where in the ballpark of flat in comparison to the HD600/650s.

Thought you might like to know this
That's true, but I still prefer my DT770 over almost any other headphone. Maybe it's because I'm listening to it since almost 20 years and know exactly howvrhings have to sound like. At the moment I have Reference correction at 50% wet, any more and I feel uncomfortable.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirito View Post
Would like to know also !!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search