The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lemon, the first "True" delay in Nebula/Acqua realm Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 22nd November 2017
  #301
Lives for gear
 
Avgatzeblouz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by enriquesilveti View Post
I don't want to kidnap main topic, Lemon. but you can use a simple trick skip VST2 format and your host lack of plug-in category.

Install VST2 products in a ("fake temporary") path A with Aquarius, select best for your.
Path B should be your current path where your audio host or sequencer is looking for VST2 plug-ins.
After download a product with Aquarius move files from path A to path B.
For update, move again files from path B to path A and run Aquarius, after update, then again move files from path A to path B.

You should setup Aquarius VST2 path with path A.
That's a good workaround, thanks Enrique.
Old 30th November 2017
  #302
Lives for gear
 
patrick81's Avatar
Hi guys, this is a new song I mixed and mastered using Gold and Lemon I'm the one who plays za guitar and sing. hope you like the mix

Old 30th November 2017
  #303
Lives for gear
 
Arionas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick81 View Post
Hi guys, this is a new song I mixed and mastered using Gold and Lemon I'm the one who plays za guitar and sing. hope you like the mix

I like your song!
Old 1st December 2017
  #304
Lives for gear
 

Is anyone else getting crashes from using lemon? I just bought it yesterday and I can’t even finish a mix because my session will crash over and over again.
Old 1st December 2017
  #305
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
This is strange: did you download it from aquarius? Please raise a ticket
Old 1st December 2017
  #306
Gear Addict
 
leckel1996's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick81 View Post
Hi guys, this is a new song I mixed and mastered using Gold and Lemon I'm the one who plays za guitar and sing. hope you like the mix

Nice man! From an engineering perspective, the sound you created really fits the mood of the song. But more importantly, I really enjoyed the song as well. Good work
Old 4th December 2017
  #307
Lives for gear
 
patrick81's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by leckel1996 View Post
Nice man! From an engineering perspective, the sound you created really fits the mood of the song. But more importantly, I really enjoyed the song as well. Good work
Thank you very much friend I worked so hard. glad it paid off! cheers
Old 5th December 2017
  #308
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
This is strange: did you download it from aquarius? Please raise a ticket
Yes I did raise a ticket and have been following the troubleshooting. I was able to get it stable for one session but yesterday I went to open the session for revisions and get immediate crashes every time I open it. As soon as I moved lemon out of the vst directory the session opened up fine. I use Sand, Diamond EQ, and Nebula fine in my system so I don’t think it’s one of those bugs across the board either. I’m excited by the sound but I’ve spent nearly 3 whole days troubleshooting Lemon. I asked support for a refund at this point because I’m just losing too much time trying to get this to work.
Old 7th December 2017
  #309
Lives for gear
 
patrick81's Avatar
Thumbs up



Hi guys! I used Lemon on the vocals! subtle but not all the time. hope you enjoy..

I need to buy it now
Old 8th December 2017
  #310
Gear Maniac
 

I prefer the sound on the first song. I mean, maybe that I simply prefer the song, but I really think I prefer the sound which seems more open. Could it be explained by the plugin difference : Lift vs Gold ? I think there's more dynamic with Gold, and its more musical to me. Maybe I'm totally wrong.
Old 8th December 2017
  #311
Gear Addict
 

Daaamn , Lemon is just fabulous sounding delay, I love it! I've been too busy to get full image of it's capabilities, but the way it "sticks out" in the mix while effortlessly sinking in is so convincing! I'd like to read some tips on the usage from people who have had the time to dig in deeper
Old 8th December 2017
  #312
Gear Nut
 

Man, LEMON is just wonderful. I'm just slowly getting into it, maybe even more as a tone-box and audio-enhancer than just a typical delay.

You can really give color and dimension to tracks in such an organic and classy way with these tapes and machines, I LOVE IT !!

Try the cassette tape with a bit of saturation on cheap digital tracks for example, it's so cool! I just used it on a acoustic reggae rhythm guitar I recorded through a laptop mic just for the idea, but then struggled to get the same feel when I tried to re-record it properly in the studio. Too hi-fi, the soul was not there, the "Manu Chao vibe" was gone...

So I had to find a way to make the cheap recording work -> LEMON -> much more musical and alive! It made it sit nicely in the mix, were it would just pop out sounding cheap and wrong before.

I still find other delay plugins to be much faster and more creative and fun to use for real (fx) delay use. Echoboy is still the ****!! And also others like Audiority Echoes is really tasty...

But when I want to use delay as texture, for example when widening vocals or when I just need a "simple" delay line, then LEMON is sonically superior imo.

I still have lots to learn, and it will take time, but this is really an incredible box guys!

highly recommended
Old 8th December 2017
  #313
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubomba View Post
Man, LEMON is just wonderful. I'm just slowly getting into it, maybe even more as a tone-box and audio-enhancer than just a typical delay.

You can really give color and dimension to tracks in such an organic and classy way with these tapes and machines, I LOVE IT !!

Try the cassette tape with a bit of saturation on cheap digital tracks for example, it's so cool! I just used it on a acoustic reggae rhythm guitar I recorded through a laptop mic just for the idea, but then struggled to get the same feel when I tried to re-record it properly in the studio. Too hi-fi, the soul was not there, the "Manu Chao vibe" was gone...

So I had to find a way to make the cheap recording work -> LEMON -> much more musical and alive! It made it sit nicely in the mix, were it would just pop out sounding cheap and wrong before.

I still find other delay plugins to be much faster and more creative and fun to use for real (fx) delay use. Echoboy is still the ****!! And also others like Audiority Echoes is really tasty...

But when I want to use delay as texture, for example when widening vocals or when I just need a "simple" delay line, then LEMON is sonically superior imo.

I still have lots to learn, and it will take time, but this is really an incredible box guys!

highly recommended
Good stuff!!!
Old 8th December 2017
  #314
Gear Head
 

Is the stereo version released yet?
Old 8th December 2017
  #315
Lives for gear
 
Sheikyearbouti's Avatar
Someone was asking about a list with all programs. I guess this will help!

Also, I am not sure if this was covered already but in case people don't know, here is a hint.

If you set the delay time to 0 and feedback to 0 (12 o'clock), and enable even just one delay line, the programs become a preamp (hence the tone presets included). Now, these are 39 circuit colours (and one 'preamp off' or pure path with A0)!

But they also come with EQs and filters (feedback section). If you check what in the manual is called the 'Standard Controls', you will see that the EQ is actually a crazy hybrid between some really cool models of EQs. More interestingly the boost and cuts impulse sets are coming from different brands and models.

And the top end boost is actually based on Ruby!

So rightfully one can look at Lemon also as a hybrid EQ that can have no extra harmonic distortion (A0) or one could choose from the 39 programs to add such distortion colour to the EQ.

So Lemon actually makes a lot of sense as an insert...
Attached Thumbnails
Lemon, the first "True" delay in Nebula/Acqua realm-lemon-all-programs.jpg  
Old 8th December 2017
  #316
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
Is the stereo version released yet?
Yes but only as commercial release on aquarius
You have 2 different stereo releases
Old 16th December 2017
  #317
Lives for gear
 
Quint's Avatar
So is it possible to use Lemon as just a tape machine without the delay part? It would be cool if you could just turn the delay off and let the tape aspect do it's thing.
Old 16th December 2017
  #318
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint View Post
So is it possible to use Lemon as just a tape machine without the delay part? It would be cool if you could just turn the delay off and let the tape aspect do it's thing.
Yep. Just put 0 on the delay time. You can even drive them.

The Studer A700 preset is very sweet for tape color.
Old 16th December 2017
  #319
Gear Maniac
 
MrChick's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
Yep. Just put 0 on the delay time. You can even drive them.

The Studer A700 preset is very sweet for tape color.
Where is the emulation list?
Old 16th December 2017
  #320
Lives for gear
 

Old 16th December 2017
  #321
Lives for gear
 
Quint's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
Yep. Just put 0 on the delay time. You can even drive them.

The Studer A700 preset is very sweet for tape color.
Awesome. Thanks.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump