The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
iZotope Ushers in the Next Evolution of Mixing and Mastering with Ozone8 and Neutron2
Old 5th October 2017
News Desk Editor

iZotope Ushers in the Next Evolution of Mixing and Mastering with Ozone8 and Neutron2

iZotope Ushers in the Next Evolution of Mixing and Mastering with Ozone8 and Neutron2-o8n2-hero.jpg

iZotope Ushers in the Next Evolution of Mixing and Mastering with Ozone 8 and Neutron 2

iZotope, Inc., the experts in intelligent audio technology, announced the release of Ozone 8, Neutron 2, and Music Production Suite. The Advanced versions of Ozone 8 and Neutron 2 feature ground-breaking technology, including the ability to communicate with each other through the new Tonal Balance Control plug-in.
This new level of inter-plugin communication puts more power in users’ hands, allowing them to achieve tonally balanced, professional mixes and masters that sound great in any listening environment.

Ozone 8 now features machine learning technology with the introduction of Master Assistant, allowing you to reach an optimal starting point for your master in seconds. Version 8 also includes Track Referencing, a Spectral Shaper to tame problematic frequencies, improved signal processing, and refinements to the user interface and workflow. Neutron 2 includes new signal processing, including a Gate with Hysteresis for a smoother gating response, and improvements to Track Assistant and Neutrino modes to help you get to a better starting point. Neutron 2 also features an intuitive Visual Mixer that allows you to mix on a soundstage by controlling pan, gain, and width of audio busses. The new Mix Tap plug-in now allows you to route any track to the Tonal Balance Control plug-in, Visual Mixer, and Masking Meter, even if you are not using any iZotope plug-ins.

Bringing these two powerful products together is a new plug-in called Tonal Balance Control. This visual analysis tool measures the distribution of energy across frequencies, comparing your audio to targets created from analysis of tens of thousands of commercially available tracks spanning a variety of musical styles to help you achieve better tonal balance. Tonal Balance Control can also compare your audio to a custom upload to inform how you shape its sonic profile and across listening environments.

Also new within Tonal Balance Control is inter-plugin communication, a technology that allows communication and interaction with any Equalizer instance of Neutron 2 or Ozone 8 in your project. Inter-plugin communication allows you to fix issues from one location in the mixing stage that could hinder mastering, and provides a visual guide for more tonally balanced mixes and masters throughout your production workflow.

“We see Tonal Balance Control as the missing piece between mixing and mastering,” says Dan Gonzalez, Product Manager at iZotope. “Mixing, and mastering especially, can often be difficult to understand, and getting your songs to sound like commercial releases can often be a struggle. With Tonal Balance Control, we created a new analysis tool that helps educate users on why their mixes and masters may be lacking in certain areas. And more importantly, we offered them the tools to help fix those issues, with communication and control between the mixing and mastering plug-ins.”

Ozone 8 Key Features

Perfect for mastering and mixing engineers, Ozone 8 Advanced lets you:
  • Dial in the perfect tonal balance with the new Tonal Balance Control plug-in, which can access any instance of Ozone 8 (or Neutron 2) across all your tracks
  • Communicate with Neutron 2 Advanced (sold separately) using the Tonal Balance Control plug-in for a seamless mixing and mastering workflow
  • Tame problematic and harsh frequencies with the new Spectral Shaper module
  • Quickly A/B track references right from any instance of Ozone or in its standalone application
  • Twelve essential modern and vintage modules with component plug-ins: Spectral
  • Shaper, EQ, Dynamic EQ, Post EQ, Maximizer (with IRC IV and new IRC Low Latency mode, Imager, Exciter, Dynamics, Vintage Limiter, Vintage Tape, Vintage EQ, Vintage Compressor
  • Create a custom preset with Master Assistant and get your audio to an optimal starting point
  • Have deeper control in Ozone’s Maximizer with new low-latency IRC mode, Transient/Sustain, Stereo Independence, and Learn Threshold
  • Apply any saturation mode (Warm, Retro, Tape, Tube, Triode, or Dual Triode) to any individual frequency band in the Exciter
  • Use Ozone Advanced within your preferred host as a single plug-in, as individual component plug-ins, or work within the Ozone standalone application
  • Redesigned user interface for an even better mastering experience
Neutron 2 Key Features

Perfect for musicians and mix engineers, Neutron 2 Advanced lets you:
  • Dial in the perfect mix with the new Tonal Balance Control plug-in, which can access any instance of Neutron across all your tracks
  • Communicate with Ozone 8 (sold separately) using the Tonal Balance Control plug-in for a seamless mixing and mastering workflow with professional results
  • Get to an optimal starting point in your mix with the improved Track Assistant
  • Visualize your entire soundstage, controlling individual tracks including pan, width, and gain via the new Visual Mixer
  • Easily identify perceptual frequency collisions across tracks with the Masking Meter
  • Get to an optimal starting point in your mix with the improved Track Assistant
  • Detect certain instruments automatically and apply Neutrino’s spectral shaping
  • Mix with six award-winning processors including a new Gate with Hysteresis
  • Mix in surround with a True Peak Limiter that is optimal for post production
Pricing & Availability

Ozone 8 and Neutron 2 are now available at www.izotope.com and select retailers.

Ozone 8 Advanced and Neutron 2 Advanced will also be available as part of iZotope’s new Music Production Suite. This incredible value combines iZotope’s latest products with its most popular tools including RX 6 Standard, Nectar 2 Production Suite, VocalSynth, and Trash 2 Expanded.

All new products are on sale now through October 31, 2017:
  • Ozone 8 is available for $199 USD (reg. $249)
  • Ozone 8 Advanced is available for $399 USD (reg. $499))
  • Neutron 2 is available for $199 USD (reg. $249)
  • Neutron 2 Advanced will be available for $399 USD (reg. $499)
  • O8N2 (Ozone 8 Advanced and Neutron 2 Advanced) is available for $499 USD (reg.$699)
  • Music Production Suite will be available for $699 USD (reg. $999)
Upgrade pricing can be found on iZotope’s website: www.izotope.com

iZotope joins the Splice platform

In addition to being available on the iZotope website and select retailers, Ozone 8 Standard and Neutron 2 Standard will also be available on Splice. iZotope joins Serum as the only two products to be available as rent-to-own. Splice is a music creation and collaboration platform connecting modern musicians to world-class music production tools and creative assets, and a growing global community over 1 million musicians and artists.

"We are pleased to bring Ozone 8 Standard and Neutron 2 Standard to the Splice platform,” says John Bigay, CMO of iZotope. “Splice is a thriving community of musicians who demand modern tools and iZotope is committed to helping artists wherever they work. This partnership was a natural fit for both companies and brings the latest in mixing and mastering technology accessible to a brand new audience.”

“For the first time ever, artists around the world can access iZotope’s critically-acclaimed plug-ins at an affordable rate," stated Steve Martocci, co-founder and CEO of Splice. “This new partnership democratizes access to professional tools like iZotope’s Ozone 8 mastering suite and Neutron 2 mixing plug-in, to all artists, at every stage of their careers, and we are excited to further empower this next generation of creators.”

Ozone 8 Standard and Neutron 2 Standard will each be available for $9.99/month, or as a bundle for $14.99/month. Splice’s rent-to-own is a modern and affordable distribution model for music software. Through rent-to own, musicians get instant access to a plug-in, then pay it off over time in small monthly installments with no interest. Users can pause, cancel, or resume their plans at any time. All rent-to-own plans start with a free, three-day trial, allowing musicians to explore new creative tools without any risk, commitment, or investment.
Attached Thumbnails
iZotope Ushers in the Next Evolution of Mixing and Mastering with Ozone8 and Neutron2-o8n2-hero.jpg  
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

Nice, but since the upgrade price from Music Production Bundle 2 is $299 I’ll wait.
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

What’s happened to Insight?
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

Um... Hundred bucks to update neutron? Wtf? It's practically brand new. This is outrageous

Izotrope is usually responsive to customer emails about stuff like this. Let's hit them up you guys
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

Ok, there’s some nice things, but unless i’ve missed it, it still doesn’t look like the new Ozone becomng a real stand alone mastering environment. No variety of choices for fading in/out curves for example.
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

Email sent to CS dept...

Interested to hear their response
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
Ok, there’s some nice things, but unless i’ve missed it, it still doesn’t look like the new Ozone becomng a real stand alone mastering environment. No real choice for fading in/out curves for example.
I think the standalone concept is almost always worthless. At least with ozone you can load 3rd party plugins, but that a all in one mastering tool does not make.
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

I also sent an email to CS re their upgrade price point. It really is crazy - almost as much as I paid for the product in the first place!
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear
yeh i agree with the above, not had the product that long and now the update costs nearly as much as the original product?

in 16 years of purchasing plugins i usually operate one way with regards to expensive upgrade policy. i just don't support the company and products any longer. its very rare for a plugin to be that unique i can't get the results with another company plugin.

to be honest i was fed up with amount of emails izotope send with sales anyway, so it could be a blessing (and yes I know about spam filters)
Old 5th October 2017
Gear Addict
So they're giving us back one of the two gates that disappeared mysteriously when we went from Alloy to Neutron (and they still owe us* the very nice Alloy de-esser) and then, what: the Tone Balance thingy, a gimmick I'm sure I'll never use (like I've never used Track Assistant and the masking thingy), and the Visual Mixer, a really neat idea that unfortunately I'm also sure I'll never use either, because I'm not going to convert all my mono tracks to stereo or send them to buses just for the nice visuals.

Oh well, maybe N3...

* Before I get the what makes you think you're entitled speech, this was tongue in cheek...
Old 5th October 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by degas View Post
Nice, but since the upgrade price from Music Production Bundle 2 is $299 I’ll wait.
Yeah the price seem about $100 too much. However, the new bundle comes with RX 6 Standard included.
Old 5th October 2017
Gear Head
Exclamation

update pricing is kind of WTF ?!!!!
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

The bundle upgrade is a joke.
Not gonna use that path for sure.

Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

personally i'll just stick with 7.. not enough in Ozone to warrant the upgrade.
Old 5th October 2017
JC_
Gear Head

They just put up some videos of new features: https://www.youtube.com/user/izotopeinc/videos
Old 5th October 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by degas View Post
damn, another 300 bucks for us MP folks ... that's seems 100 too high - I upgraded to mp less than a year ago for 300 bucks.
Old 5th October 2017
JC_
Gear Head

The upgrade pricing was definitely a shock but some of those new features look amazing.
Old 5th October 2017
Gear Maniac

I'm with you Folks, upgrade price is a no-go...
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC_ View Post
The upgrade pricing was definitely a shock but some of those new features look amazing.
Amazing. But not $300 amazing. Another (upset) Music Production Bundle 2 owner here.
Old 5th October 2017
So.. a slightly improved IRC IV algo for Ozone, a new gate for Neutron and a bunch of gimmicky bullcrap for the super low price of $300 f*cking dollars!!

"But the new Production Suite has RX6 included!"

.......I work on music full time and I've only used the RX Dialog Denoiser and RX Declicker a handful of times.. I really have no need for RX6

This "upgrade" is a huge FU to current Ozone 7 and Neutron owners, specially those of us with Production Bundle 2. Going to skip this one and hope that iZotope gets their sh*t together next time.
Old 5th October 2017
Someone explain this to me...

https://splice.com/plugins/purchase/ozone-neutron

Says it's 25 payments of $15, which adds up to $375.. meanwhile the O8N2 bundle is $500 on the iZotope website

EDIT: OHHHHH IT'S FOR THE REGULAR OZONE AND NEUTRON DERPPPPP
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

I was excited as a Music Production Bundle2 Advanced owner...till I saw the upgrade price!
Old 5th October 2017
Gear Maniac
Just going to add my voice as a Music Production Bundle 2 owner (which I upgraded to a few months ago) to say that $300 is just a completely ridiculous price to only get 2 new plugins with the listed features. I would be on the fence at $150.
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

wait, didn't Neutron come out less than 1 year ago??? , I bought it for less than $99 which is the upgrade price,,,WTF!!. and people bash Waves for the WuP thing?...izotope is getting a Bye Felicia from me
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

Apart from the pricing issue, which I agree with, I would like to mention there are pretty advanced functionalities as far as "data machine learning" amd "artificial inteligence" are concerned. And to be honest, programming amd implementing this stuff is much more demanding than coding four new modules. I found spectral balance thing quite interesting to be honest by looking at the presentation video.

Havent't tried it yet of course and will during the weekend probably.
Old 5th October 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis View Post
I was excited as a Music Production Bundle2 Advanced owner...till I saw the upgrade price!
$299 yeah?

Thats an upgrade from Music Production Bundle 2
(https://www.izotope.com/en/products/...on-bundle.html)

to

Music Production Suite
(https://www.izotope.com/en/products/...525.1407248232)

Which also includes RX 6 standard...

Even with this extra tool, its still a hefty price..
Old 5th October 2017
Here for the gear

The upgrade from neutron to neutron 2 is 100$, that's like the price of the original product bought less than a year ago.
visual mixer and returning the gate from alloy doesn't worth 100$ for me.
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

Product looks great, but I agree about the pricing (though I’m not surprised).
Old 5th October 2017
Gear Nut

Izotope should have just waited and released Neutron now with O8. They might have gotten away with charging me $200 for it that way. Paying $100 for Neutron less than a year ago and asking for another $100 bucks for a new version of a plugin that im still learning is not very "musical" of them. 6 mos from now whats next, N3? Im all for innovation and im a huge Izotope fan but help your core demographic out here guys! Lower that upgrade price. Your products are great and will attract new consumers....you dont have to beat up your base. At a great upgrade price you know we'll purchase. Think your losing alot of sales this way.....
Old 5th October 2017
Gear Addict
This thread was enough to cancel any plans of jumping on the izotope bandwagon. Being greedy and try to rob your old customers is never a smart choice if you want to try attract new ones (and keep your old ones).
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search