iZotope Ushers in the Next Evolution of Mixing and Mastering with Ozone8 and Neutron2 - Page 25 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
iZotope Ushers in the Next Evolution of Mixing and Mastering with Ozone8 and Neutron2
Old 12th February 2018 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardomoura View Post
You should enable it until it reaches the target you're after and then disable it
That's exactly what I do. Activate it in the loudest part, set the goal level, mute the monitors , hit play and then deactivate it.
Old 17th February 2018
Lives for gear

Wondering, for those that have spent much time w O8...If one is leaving mastering to a mastering engineer, are O8’s tools overkill for mixing? Neutron enough?
ie; when getting a loud final is not the goal.
Old 1st March 2018
Gear Maniac
There´s a sale now, until March 29!
Old 1st March 2018
Lives for gear

yea, almost like hearing Waves is having a sale.
Old 1st March 2018
Lives for gear

Damn, upgraded Ozone 7A to Ozone 8A for $200 ($170 in cart) about a week ago.

With the sale right now, if I held off, I could have now upgraded to whole Music Production Bundle for the same price, gaining RX6 and Neutron 2A.

Sigh, iZotope....
Old 2nd March 2018
Lives for gear

I got O8 last week.
Does Neutron 2 bring anything that O8 does not, that anyone truly appreciates?
Old 2nd March 2018
Gear Maniac

I just upgraded MPB2 to the new Suite with O8, N2 and RX6 for $170 (through Audiodeluxe.com). Much more reasonable!
Old 3rd March 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtuoso View Post
I just upgraded MPB2 to the new Suite with O8, N2 and RX6 for $170 (through Audiodeluxe.com). Much more reasonable!
I did the same!
Old 6th March 2018 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtuoso View Post
That's a great deal! I presume the serial number you get is from iZotope and it's recognized towards future upgrades pricing?
Old 6th March 2018
Gear Maniac

The serial number is sent by Audiodeluxe and you then register it on the iZotope website (or through the plugin). Mine arrived only 2 mins after I placed the order. No reason it wouldn't count towards future upgrade eligibility - Audiodeluxe are a reseller, not the black market!
Old 6th April 2018 | Show parent
Gear Head

Is there an official iZotope Forum or "Protocol" thread?

Hey gang!

I've been searching the interwebs for a good place where there's an informative experiencial data dump and knowledge base for real iZotopeusers. I just bought the 08N2 Bundle and have some "already mixed" stuff that I'd like to apply Neutron's channel assistance and oZone's Tone Shaper and Mastering tools to.

I'm basically wondering in a situation like that, if I should just put Neutron at the end of the insert chains on my channels and buses for my primary element, and if so, will it analyze the the assigned parts correctly given that I've already put a bit of treatment on them already? I'd love to get some input from experienced iZotope users or from iZotope themselves.

I'm sure investing time into experimenting will of course give me bad or good result and an answer to my question, but I'd love to NOT waste my time going down rabbit holes though.

Of course I will fundamentally follow appropriate protocol by putting mix assistant at the front of the primary parts in the mix when I start a my new mixes from this point forward.

But AGAIN, if anyone knows of a forum or thread somewhere that hosts the richest collective of iZotope enthusiasts, PLEASE direct me to that link. Much appreciated!!

I've been a member of Gearslutz for decades, I'd love to see a dedicated section for all things iZotope. I'm late getting into this line in depth, but definitely digging the concept!

Thanks guys!!
Old 8th May 2018
Lives for gear

The latest update was excellent and addressed some of my concerns.

I have a question.

Have any of you notice the difference between the modules?

1. Neutron vs Neutron EQ
2. Neutron EQ vs Neutron Mix Tap
3. Neutron EQ vs Fabfilter EQ

Thanks
Old 6th June 2018
Here for the gear

I recently was playing on a recording session in a studio (double bass on a jazz project) where the engineer has really great instincts and ears, especially for a younger guy. I was looking for more attack and presence on the bass part during rough mixes, and he pulled up Neutron 2 and adjusted the transient shaper. All I could think was WOW. One control to get that magic front end on the bass sound, and seriously easy to use.

So, downloaded the Neutron 2 demo to try at home on a recent session, and damned if this plug didn't do exactly the same thing. I have two questions about this module:

1) What is it doing, exactly? It must be some kind of multi band compressor, but where does it draw the parameters between "attack transient" and "sustain"? The sustain control is cool, but easy to get too much of a good thing and get that rubbery over-compressed sound if it's dialed in even a hair too much. The transient controls, on the other hand, are pretty amazing and offer a wide range of usable attack in the mix.
2) Currently, the best price i can find for Neutron 2 is from Izotope. When I emailed them about pricing, they said that N2 Standard was $250, but they sent me a link where I could buy it for $200. Ok, that's better, but nowhere near some of the prices I've seen in this thread in the last couple of pages. Any ideas about where to find a better deal?
Old 6th June 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFitzgerald View Post
Any ideas about where to find a better deal?
Sometimes you can get better deals on JRR Shop or Audiodeluxe

I find the Izotope software really useful
Old 7th June 2018
Lives for gear

You should at least wait for the next iZotope sale. May take a month or so.
Old 7th June 2018 | Show parent
I'm still on Ozone 7. Is the update to 8 worth it
Old 13th June 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I'm just wondering why Tonal Balance Control is only compatible with the Ozone 8 EQ and not the dynamics processors? Ideally you'd want to be tweaking the EQ as well as the dynamics in real time while viewing the TBC display. The cynic in me is wondering if they were deliberately left out for the next upgrade...
Old 13th June 2018 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Time to bite the bullet? $199 is not so bad to get actual new versions of products, and I think better than $200 to Waves to update to version 10 (and get what exactly?)

As a Music Production Bundle customer, take 50% off your upgrade price of $399.

MUSIC PRODUCTION SUITE

Ozone 8 Advanced
Neutron 2 Advanced
Tonal Balance Control
RX 6 Standard
VocalSynth 1
Nectar 2 Production Suite
Trash 2 Expanded
$ 199 (reg. $399)
Old 13th June 2018
Gear Addict

Really wanted to like all of Ozone 8 as my main ITB mastering solution but the EQ sounds very thin when working in the upper mids and highs. Call me crazy but I still prefer the sound of the Ozone 5 EQ...even the O5 limiter has a cool sound...not as good as the O8 limiter as that is the star of the suite. Also I really do not like the Ozone EQ Mid/Side workflow.
Old 14th June 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherpaPsy View Post
Time to bite the bullet? $199 is not so bad to get actual new versions of products, and I think better than $200 to Waves to update to version 10 (and get what exactly?)

MUSIC PRODUCTION SUITE

Ozone 8 Advanced
Neutron 2 Advanced
Tonal Balance Control
RX 6 Standard
VocalSynth 1
Trash 2 Expanded
$ 199 (reg. $399)
So still only VocalSynth 1? That was in the last MPB.
Old 14th June 2018 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherpaPsy View Post

MUSIC PRODUCTION SUITE

Ozone 8 Advanced
Neutron 2 Advanced
Tonal Balance Control
RX 6 Standard
VocalSynth 1
Trash 2 Expanded
$ 199 (reg. $399)
I'm starting to wonder the same thing; I got an email offering the same Music Production Suite for $349 when I currently only have Ozone 8 Standard. I don't know if I would use some of the features it comes with since i mainly record instrumental acoustic music, but it seems like it might be a decent deal to expand my setup and give me a basic set of plugs to work with besides the native Logic plugs. Any thoughts?
Old 16th June 2018 | Show parent
Gear Nut
You can demo it for 10 days.
Old 18th June 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarra View Post
Really wanted to like all of Ozone 8 as my main ITB mastering solution but the EQ sounds very thin when working in the upper mids and highs. Call me crazy but I still prefer the sound of the Ozone 5 EQ...even the O5 limiter has a cool sound...not as good as the O8 limiter as that is the star of the suite. Also I really do not like the Ozone EQ Mid/Side workflow.
I've only owned Ozone from v7. I tried the demo of v5 years ago but couldn't justify the cost back then. Based on your comment I thought I would download v5 from the legacy section and try it out. I tried a few of the presets and actually ended up preferring v5 over v8 in this instance. Ok I'm no Ozone expert or power user but I was surprised that I ended up preferring such an older version.
Old 20th June 2018
Here for the gear

I spoke to the recording engineer who has done great work on the last couple of sessions I've been a part of there recently. I asked him about the suite, and from the sound of it, it sounds like something I would a decent amount of a decent amount of the time. On my home sessions, it has helped me dial in good sounds quickly, and I barely know how to use a fragment of what it's capable of yet. It may not be "the gold standard", but it seems workable, and like something that someone like me - primarily an instrumentalist who likes to record his instrument faithfully but who will never have amazing recording chops - could come to learn enough about to make it useful.
Old 20th June 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarra View Post
Agree... Whatever changes they made to Ozone's EQ since v7 are for the worse IMO. Still use Oz5 EQ religioulsy, never liked Oz 7/8's EQ.. It's way too transparent, and depending on the project transparent just doesn't make the cut...

Agree on Mid/Side as well... Should happen in a single window not separate windows... just like mixing in context, mid/side should be the same approach... Critical decisions like this shouldn't happen in a vacuum.

Frankly there's A LOT Oz5 had ver Oz7 and 8... Oz5 is a better all-around tool for surgical mastering, Oz7/8 is way too focused on the GUI... Why they thought throwing out out a ton of useful stuff was a win is a mystery.
Old 25th June 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Just trying out Neutron 2 for the first time today and straight out the gate I feel like it's a big step backwards not having the mix % on the module amount sliders. Particularly as they have made the text smaller, more cramped and less legible and also made the sliders shorter. Call me a cynic but sometimes I think these obvious steps backwards are deliberate so they can then revert back to better graphics in the following version and suddenly the whole GUI looks better and you suddenly feel justified in handing over $200-$400 for the new "version". I've noticed some other big software developers who also do this either intentionally or unintentionally.

Last edited by screentan; 25th June 2018 at 03:22 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 6th September 2018
Gear Guru
Elements 8 is free at Plug In Discounts w/purchase. Bought Boz Clipper for $1-. Honestly have Elevate and wasn't looking, but......
Old 7th September 2018 | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Elements 8 is free at Plug In Discounts w/purchase. Bought Boz Clipper for $1-. Honestly have Elevate and wasn't looking, but......
Where did you see this? I don't see anything about the sale on the Plug In Discounts site, and I also don't see Boz Clipper available at all.
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammon2004 View Post
Where did you see this? I don't see anything about the sale on the Plug In Discounts site, and I also don't see Boz Clipper available at all.
My apologies is Plug in Boutique! Hot Deals & Sales thread (This is not a discussion thread)
Gear Maniac
Got it - thanks!
📝 Reply