Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   iZotope Ushers in the Next Evolution of Mixing and Mastering with Ozone8 and Neutron2 (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1180442-izotope-ushers-next-evolution-mixing-mastering-ozone8-neutron2.html)

Sayt0n 5th October 2017 05:57 PM

Another user with Music Production bundle 2 Advanced here and I also have RX6 Standard already....so a massive rippoff on my end!! I also think this pricing is ridiculous! Ill pay 299$ to upgrade if they give me Neutron 2, Ozone 8, and RX6 Advanced with that!

Robert Randolph 5th October 2017 06:25 PM

Anyone else noticed that they removed Insight from the Music Production Suite? This is rather confusing to me.

Michaeltn86 5th October 2017 06:30 PM

well, the software looks pretty sweet from the presentations video. really looking forward to try.

that said, my upgrade price for Ozone 8 (being a ozone 6 advanced owner) is USD 99 (for standard) and USD 199 (for advanced). OZONE 8 standard price is USD 199. OZONE 8 rent per month is USD 9,9.

if they keep up with the 1 year upgrade / renewal policy, it makes more sense to rent than to own...

But, in my opinion, izotope makes different products than its subscription's competitor.

in my macbook retina 2013, I can only use a limited instance number of neutron / ozone (when I had them), making it more of a "mixing / production / mastering" product than "recording product". so, I would assume they don't compete "directly". But, from their pricing points, it makes me think they are trying to compete head to head (which is a lost cause in my understanding).

Something must be going on with software developers as they are changing their bss strategy abruptly.

Instead of making more people to join them, they are kind of scaring the potential / loyal customers in my personal understanding. this abrupt change of policy and inducing heavy update /renewal prices in a short period of time for software update makes me more cautious than the price itself.

looking forward to trying it though.

Deleted f6fc2a4 5th October 2017 06:31 PM

so the big innovations are mainly the tonal balance and the visual mixer (everything else seems to be
small incremental improvements).

For 50 pounds one can get the Reference plugin that has overall more functions than the izotope tonal balance
as far as i can see.

Which leaves us to paying hundreds of dollars for both upgrades or $150 for the advanced N2 upgrade
which is the only version containing the major new stuff.

An upgrade from N1 standard to N2 advanced is not even offered which means that if you bought it
like me for $99, then you have to pay more than the original price!

WTF Izotope?

baslotto 5th October 2017 06:34 PM

Too expensive to upgrade for now. I’ll skip this one and I’ll see you guys in the Ozone 9 thread. Bye.

JC_ 5th October 2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebastian21 (Post 12887871)
wait, didn't Neutron come out less than 1 year ago??? , I bought it for less than $99 which is the upgrade price,,,WTF!!. and people bash Waves for the WuP thing?...izotope is getting a Bye Felicia from me:tut:

Eh, to me the Waves WUP is wayyy worse but Izotope should definitely let people know the reasoning behind these upgrade prices.

kelvyn 5th October 2017 07:02 PM

As a Neutron, RX, Music bundle person the upgrade price is'nt differentiated enough, therefore just insulting. Could be that I move away from the Izotope Kool Aid. There are loads of great alternatives right now. wake up Izo!

TomWollaert 5th October 2017 07:46 PM

I bought the MPB2 at the end of July and now, a mere two months later I have to pay again for the newest Ozone and Neutron and RX6 Standard (even though I already own RX6 Advanced) and its $299? And it becomes $499 after October 31? I'll have to pass on this one I'm afraid.

jetplane666666 5th October 2017 07:58 PM

Hmm. Interesting responses here. I am upgrading O6 Standard > O8 Advanced for $149. That's a reasonable charge for this upgrade. Actually, I think it's a bargain.

I always wait a few iterations before upgrading, that way it's very cost effective.

My question is do I get to keep my O6 license so that my old sessions will still open correctly, or will upgrading remove my old license from my iLok?

sardi 5th October 2017 08:04 PM

This product announcement went down well.

Deleted f6fc2a4 5th October 2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetplane666666 (Post 12888243)
Hmm. Interesting responses here. I am upgrading O6 Standard > O8 Advanced for $149. That's a reasonable charge for this upgrade. Actually, I think it's a bargain.

I always wait a few iterations before upgrading, that way it's very cost effective.

My question is do I get to keep my O6 license so that my old sessions will still open correctly, or will upgrading remove my old license from my iLok?

i have upgraded from 5 to 6 and then 7 and all licenses work fine
as independent sw.

Twrogstudio 5th October 2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Hmm, are you sure about that? In my account Standard 5-7 to Advanced 8 is $199. Advanced 5-7 to Advanced 8 is $149 and going from a previous Advanced to a current Standard is $99.

Jpga 5th October 2017 09:04 PM

Update NA and OA for me cost 299$ It’s a big big slapp in my face:evil:

chrisp2u 5th October 2017 09:12 PM

Yeah, iZotope pretty much drives me nuts with these bundles. I've been using and upgrading ozone since v3 and I'm not even totally sure what I even own anymore. They keep consolidating and changing (or discontinuing) what's included in the bundles. At one point (and even still do in some cases) I owned 2 and even 3 versions of some of their plugs just because it was cheaper to get the bundles if I cross graded.

Include me on the list of those that think $299 is too much for the upgrade from MP2 (especially since I already own RX 6 Advanced). $199 might be acceptable. If *everything* in the bundle was upgraded to a new version, then $299 might seem right.
---
c

Robert Randolph 5th October 2017 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twrogstudio (Post 12888363)
Hmm, are you sure about that? In my account Standard 5-7 to Advanced 8 is $199. Advanced 5-7 to Advanced 8 is $149 and going from a previous Advanced to a current Standard is $99.

I have Advance 7, but no upgrade coupon for 7->8. Only from standard to advance which is $199.

This is all so confusing.

Mushy Mushy 5th October 2017 09:16 PM

Quote:

Same here.

DubLifeSD 5th October 2017 09:20 PM

Did Izotope really get rid of INSIGHT in Music Production Suite? Does that mean I'd have to repurchase separately? But hey.... surprise...we got a GATE back that mysteriously disappeared before :lol: :facepalm:

shatz 5th October 2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baslotto (Post 12888085)
Too expensive to upgrade for now. I’ll skip this one and I’ll see you guys in the Ozone 9 thread. Bye.

Same for me.

jetplane666666 5th October 2017 09:38 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the correction. I read it wrong. Well, $199 isn't quite as sweet as $149. Now I'll have to think about it. $149 was a no brainer. And so I join the chorus of malcontents here!

Cabirio 5th October 2017 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgood (Post 12887419)
Um... Hundred bucks to update neutron? Wtf?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoamOfTheDaze (Post 12887920)
The upgrade from neutron to neutron 2 is 100$

Quote:

Originally Posted by zillaclout (Post 12887989)
Paying $100 for Neutron less than a year ago and asking for another $100 bucks for a new version

At least in my account, Neutron Advanced to Neutron 2 Standard is $99, but Advanced to Advanced is actually $149. Is that what you guys get, or am I getting nothing from owning Advanced rather than Standard? Now that would be the cherry on top...

Edit: confirmed. At least in Plugin Boutique, the upgrade prices are the same whether you come from Standard or Advanced. Wtf indeed.

eightyeightkeys 5th October 2017 10:00 PM

Geez...I just looked it up.
Bought Neutron March 2nd. 8 months later...boom...out comes Neutron 2. I can "upgrade" for exactly the same price as the original product ? Not gonna do it.

paulwr 5th October 2017 10:11 PM

I have Neutron Advanced, Insight, RX Pack, and a synth, Iris. My upgrade cupon from them to the package Izotope/Neutron 8 is $299. That could be attractive for me since although I have a lot of great plugs, they are mostly vintage/vibe/harmonic distortion stuff, yet most of my work is orchestral.

FrankieJay 5th October 2017 10:17 PM

I just received an email from izotope - Special loyalty offer for Music Production Bundle 2 customers! Ozone 8 advanced plus N2 advanced plus RX6 = $299 !! No way Pedro. Bring on ozone 9 confoosed

gregh 5th October 2017 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baslotto (Post 12888085)

I have the bundle and I will not upgrade this time - but probably next time or the time after. Jumping updates is not an unusual strategy and I think probably expected by many companies (eg Native Instruments with Komplete)

I am glad they have bundled RX6 and hope they continue that strategy

eigens 5th October 2017 10:28 PM

Went to izotope site in anticipation but my ozone 7 advanced, neutron advanced upgrade is 300 and that's a limited discounted price they say. I only got neutron a few months back. I own everything but rx and the upgrade to everything is something like 500. One less vendor for me, delete everything and use other plugins. Plugins don't justify that price for me. What a FU for customers who just bought neutron. They did this last year or so , and ended up dropping the upgrade price a bit. I don't give a rats ass if they do this again. I'm deleting , and never using izotope again. FU izotope.

Pingafuego 5th October 2017 10:44 PM

Neutron is a CPU hog. Is Neutron 2 better optimized??

absofacto 5th October 2017 10:45 PM

As an owner of most izotope products... Pricing = Big nope + big new negative feelings toward the company in general. Greedy and disloyal to customers.

vze26m98 5th October 2017 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Randolph (Post 12888063)
Anyone else noticed that they removed Insight from the Music Production Suite?

For me, Insight won’t display the mouse readout on the spectral analyzer, or any of the tap controls in the spectrogram. This across both Apple and Windows computers, multiple hosts. iZotope said it’s not a priority to fix the issue. My guess is it needs a major overhaul, or more likely is headed to the tar pit, superseded by all this AI stuff being introduced.

vze26m98 5th October 2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

This is the consumer strategy Adobe put an end to with its subscription-only sales model.

Wonderbird 5th October 2017 11:12 PM

Hm.... :)

Thinking about all you complaining, if you should just perhaps call someone who cares? cellfone

rockout :cowbell: