The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Newfangled Audio partners with Eventide to announce Elevate mastering limiter plug-in
Old 4th October 2017
News Desk Editor

Newfangled Audio partners with Eventide to announce Elevate mastering limiter plug-in

Newfangled Audio partners with Eventide to announce Elevate mastering limiter plug-in-unnamed.jpg
Newfangled Audio and Eventide partner to Elevate mastering technology with pioneering plug-in

New audio tools creator Newfangled Audio is proud to announce availability of Elevate — a pioneering plug-in that elevates mastering technology using intelligent, adaptive technology that responds in real time to music.

Elevate is the most advanced mastering plug-in ever created. This unique multi-band limiter, human ear EQ, and powerful audio maximizer will increase the loudness of a mix while maintaining or improving its dynamic perception. It uses intelligent, adaptive technology that responds in real time to music, creating not only the loudest but also the best-sounding master.

Developed by Newfangled Audio, Elevate maintains subtle dynamics and improves the tonal balance of a mix. The adaptive LIMITER analyzes 26 frequency bands and alters the gain, speed, and transients for each band in real time. This results in a transparent, natural sound — no matter how hard it is pushed.

Elevate utilizes 26 critical filter bands modeled on the human ear. Each of the bands are spaced to give maximum control over how sound hits the eardrum. Draw curves, solo bands, and manipulate the transient attack for each individual band to bring out instruments such as kick or snare drums.

Elevate uses artificial intelligence algorithms to make it easy to get the best sounds, but users can still get under the hood to access as much precise control as deemed necessary. This includes control over tonal balance and transients inside the final limiting stage. Adaptive algorithms reduce audible artifacts while additional controls provide maximum flexibility with professional results.

Features:
  • Analyzes and alters the gain, speed, and transients of each filter band in real time.
  • Includes presets from APS Mastering, Eric Beam, Matt Lange, Jeremy Lubsey, John McCaig, ROCAsound, and Chris Tabron.
  • Automatically adapts the attack, release, and look-ahead parameters for each filter band to greatly reduce ‘pumping’ and breathing artifacts and perceived distortion.
  • Manipulates transients across the critical bands to preserve the attacks from kick drums, snares, and cymbals — without affecting the entire mix.
  • Uses linear phase filters — based on the Mel Scale — to manipulate the audio in a way that is natural to the inner ear.
  • Solo the output of one band (or a number of bands) to hone in on problem frequencies, tweak transients, or alter gain.
  • Use AUTO OUTPUT level features to compare the limited signal to non-limited signals with the same amount of gain to easily hear what impact the processing is having on the sound.
  • Use the SPECTRAL CLIPPER to overdrive the final output without affecting the tonal balance or allowing the signal to get ‘tubby’ — perfect for a more aggressive sound.
  • Six different metering types to keep an eye on every aspect of the output audio.
Elevate is exclusively available through Eventide (as an AAX/AU/VST plug-in for Mac OS X 10.7+ and Windows 7+) — bundled with Newfangled Audio’s EQuivocate EQ plug-in (based on the critical bands of the human ear) — at an introductory promo price of $99.00 USD thru to October 31, 2017 (rising thereafter to an MSRP of $199.00 USD). Owners of EQuivocate can upgrade to the Elevate mastering bundle at an introductory promo price of $79.00 USD thru to October 31, 2017 (rising thereafter to an MSRP of $99.00 USD).

For more in-depth information, including a free demo download, please visit the dedicated product webpage here: http://www.eventideaudio.com/elevate

Watch Newfangled Audio founder Dan Gillespie’s enlightening Elevate overview video here: https://youtu.be/KardBa0JpLw

See and hear how producer and recording artist Matt Lange has been using Elevate here: https://youtu.be/sBE3h2EKyW0
Attached Thumbnails
Newfangled Audio partners with Eventide to announce Elevate mastering limiter plug-in-unnamed.jpg  
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Awsome tool!
Old 4th October 2017
Deleted b738100
Interesting approach.
Old 4th October 2017
Gear Addict

it sounds very very good, but it doesnt seem stable on my i7. Cpu is very high, and crashes reaper when I choose presets.
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Really interested. I was thinking about buying Limitless.

Btw, can I install in 2 different machines? How many licenses do we get?
Old 4th October 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deff J View Post
it sounds very very good, but it doesnt seem stable on my i7. Cpu is very high, and crashes reaper when I choose presets.
Are you on Mac or Windows? I did have two reports of crashes on Windows, which do seem related to OpenGL. Going to get this fixed asap.

Regarding CPU, it does use a ton of CPU, just because it's a lot of processing. The best ways to reduce CPU usage are reducing the number of bands, and turning off any features you're not using.

Dan
Old 4th October 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
Really interested. I was thinking about buying Limitless.

Btw, can I install in 2 different machines? How many licenses do we get?
Yes, two different authorizations, each can be a computer or an iLok.

Dan
Old 4th October 2017
Gear Maniac

I'm totally blown away!
It's so effortless, I could not believe the amount of gain reduction I got while everything still sounded natural.
The first Limiter that made my mix sound ... better!
Need more testing, but this may well be my replacement for Limitless!
Old 4th October 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGillespie View Post
Are you on Mac or Windows? I did have two reports of crashes on Windows, which do seem related to OpenGL. Going to get this fixed asap.

Regarding CPU, it does use a ton of CPU, just because it's a lot of processing. The best ways to reduce CPU usage are reducing the number of bands, and turning off any features you're not using.

Dan
Windows.

OpenGL could be the culprit, yes...
Old 4th October 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deff J View Post
Windows.

OpenGL could be the culprit, yes...
Yes, it's likely.

Working on a potential fix now. If you want to test it when it's ready, PM me.

Dan
Old 4th October 2017
Gear Guru
Funny if I hadn't gotten the free eq, I wouldn't be wanting this. But that was such a great take on eq............!!
Old 4th October 2017
Gear Maniac

I got the demo, sounds amazing. Will definitely buy it.
Old 4th October 2017
Gear Maniac

Verrrrrry interesting however the heavy CPU is a concern :/,,,,is anyone having CPU problems with EQuivocate as well? :/
Old 4th October 2017
Gear Maniac

It's taxing, but then again - to me it's really a mastering tool which wil be used on complete mixes. The Latency is also really high, but in that scenario this is not concerning me.
On the other hand, it's just mind boggling transparant. The Transient Aspect is genius in this. Somehow the space of the mix stays totally intact and can even be tuned to be more sharp and precise. All other Limiter I tried had a tendency to pin everything into something more 2d.

Very impressed!
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Is there a way to unlink the stereo and have it function as dual mono?
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

+1
Awesome mastering tool!
Really liking the interface, possibilities and sound!
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni View Post
Definitely like the option of unlinked stereo. I do not see it either.
Old 4th October 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Some DAWs will allow you to run a dual mono version of this, however, there is currently no way to unlink the channels in the stereo version.

Dan
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Some DAWs will allow you to run a dual mono version of this, however, there is currently no way to unlink the channels in the stereo version.

Dan
Okay. I see. I would certainly want an unlink option for a future upgrade. There are just songs that are served better with unlinked limiting.
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

This guy is HEAVY. I love it.
Old 4th October 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
Okay. I see. I would certainly want an unlink option for a future upgrade. There are just songs that are served better with unlinked limiting.
This would be so easy to implement. I will add it to the feature request list.
Old 4th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

Dan
Understood. Thanks.

Logic Pro X has this capability, ie: dual mono, with the option to keep both sides with the same settings. But when I tried it with EQuivocate, adjusting the left side did not get fully mirrored on the right side. That's never happened with other plugins. I'll try it with Elevate and see how it goes.
Old 4th October 2017
Gear Nut

Best limiter I've ever used. Hands down.

Thank you so very much for such a wonderful tool!
Old 5th October 2017
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by justifiednoise View Post
Best limiter I've ever used. Hands down.

Thank you so very much for such a wonderful tool!
A big +1 to that. I just compared Elevate head-to-head against Oxford, Ozone 7A, AOM Invisible, and IK Stealth on a rock mix.

Not much of a contest, really.

Elevate retains so much more punch and clarity than the others. It just sounded a lot better. And I haven't really gotten into all the features yet.

Yes, the CPU gets hammered. I don't think I'll be using Elevate in normal mix sessions, but for a typical "mastering" session it's fine.

I think the bar has been raised. Mr. Gillespie, you have a winner!

Cheers,
Eddie
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

Can't wait to try this, it looks very interesting.
Old 5th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Logic Pro X has this capability, ie: dual mono, with the option to keep both sides with the same settings. But when I tried it with EQuivocate, adjusting the left side did not get fully mirrored on the right side. That's never happened with other plugins.
It happens with other plugins too. Vmr immediately comes to mind.
Old 5th October 2017
Gear Addict

Just used equivocate into elevate to master a song for a heavy metal band. Loud and clear and actually punchy! Worked so well felt like cheating...
Old 5th October 2017
Gear Maniac

Ok, this thing is just stunning ! Well done
Old 5th October 2017
SEB
Lives for gear

Great results during mastering today. Very easy to get things to sound big and firm without getting harsh and mushy at the same time- even when pushing it.

Limitless is on pause...
Old 5th October 2017
Gear Nut
It's a sick plug in. Trying it out on dnb. seems to make things nice and loud, yet punchy. Clipper is great.

CPU is getting plundered though.. 40% on my old i7. dammit. and that's with meters off.

Last edited by wafa; 5th October 2017 at 05:52 PM..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search