Antelope Audio announces DISCRETE 8 interface and accompanying modelling mics - Page 32 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Antelope Audio announces DISCRETE 8 interface and accompanying modelling mics
Old 29th September 2019
Lives for gear

Hey guys! I´m tempted to buy an slightly used Discrete 8 (non-SC)... Will I be able to register it and get FPGA effects?
If I need hardware repairs. Not having the original purchase receipt could be a concern? That would be a deal breaker right there.

Cheers!
Old 29th September 2019
Gear Addict

Where is afx to daw for windows?
Old 30th September 2019
Gear Addict

written august 15th,2019 via email..

P.S. As we expect to release the AFX2DAW for Windows withing the next couple of weeks, our beta program is closed. We will not provide you with anything less than a fully operational product you can rely on.

Do not hesitate to ask if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Martin Vasilev
E-Commerce developer
Old 1st October 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianFernandez View Post
Hey guys! I´m tempted to buy an slightly used Discrete 8 (non-SC)... Will I be able to register it and get FPGA effects?
If I need hardware repairs. Not having the original purchase receipt could be a concern? That would be a deal breaker right there.

Cheers!
Anyone?
Old 2nd October 2019 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianFernandez View Post
Anyone?
In all honesty you should run in the opposite direction. Antelope will not honor any warranty from a used device, only 1 year if purchased new from them or their limited retailers and 6 months if you purchase a B stock item from them.

RME is extremely stable, holds it value and they will not make your interface "legacy" within 4 months of purchasing it nor will they lie to you about existing or future features (you can even find their old interfaces for sale brand new with full warranties and stable updated drivers). UAD devices are also quite stable, sound very good and hold their value very well even years after whereas you're probably getting that used discrete for a huge bargain compared to what the original owner invested.

Nonetheless , the choice is yours and I wish you the best of luck, try asking the seller if he will honor a return should things go bad..
Old 4th November 2019
Lives for gear

Interface doesn't work after the latest update. I tried calling and chatting with support and nothing has worked yet.
📝 Reply