The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ivory3 - Dreamware Mastering Suite by Acustica
Old 14th September 2017
Gear Nut

Ivory3 - Dreamware Mastering Suite by Acustica

Ivory3 is out! Discover our Dreamware Mastering Suite!

Today we use the term "Dreamware" to describe a software implementation based on different analog "emulations", melded simultaneously and liberally into a dream (Dream) software (ware) that conjures something that can't exist both in the analog domain and in the digital recreations of other manufacturers.

This suite represents a great offering on the market for any lover of a vintage sound and colors.
Anyone in search for faithful emulations simply must try this vintage channel strip (complete with its standalone modules).
Our mission is to satisfy all customers and we believe that now Ebony can be the best choice without compromise to improve your sound.
Acustica is pleased to present the new version of Ivory, not a simple upgrade but a complete review of the previous IVORY2 (IAE-2), an ambitious project whose goal is to provide a set of unmistakable and faithful plugins introducing new important features.

What’s the main novelty?

This third version is completely new, it's a bundle made up of 6 different plugins in CORE X, this is the largest plug-in suite built by Acustica, providing the customer with a full pack featuring an absolutely distinctive sound.
Acustica has carefully redesigned the Ivory product, ensuring faithful emulations, ensuring precision and accuracy of the emulations while guaranteeing performance and quality, adding a Dynamic EQ and Multiband Compressor and their Stereo versions of them. An absolutely unique and complete ANALOG HARDWARE VIRTUALIZATION SUITE!

The IVORY3 suite is made up of 6 separate Acqua plug-ins with gorgeous graphical user interfaces that enable easy and quick parameter changes.

This bundle includes:

- IVORY3 EQ
- IVORY3 EQ STEREO

- IVORY3 COMP 1B
- IVORY3 COMP 3B

- IVORY3 DYN EQ
- IVORY3 DYN EQ STEREO

IVORY3 is based on CORE X, the revolutionary upgraded multi-threading technology by Acustica Audio. CORE X is an optimisation of CORE9 in terms of performance, but also introduces new important features allowing optimise Acqua Effect plug-ins performance.

Actually CORE X supported features:
• Internal plug-in saturation no longer exceeds +3 dBFS.
• New algorithm for hard-clipping.
• Multi-input system implemented.
• Blending algorithm empower more plug-in instances and better CPU performance.

Direct link to downalod our iVORY3 user's manual (light version):https://app.box.com/shared/static/yh...fg8ohjw6bl.pdf
Ivory 3 Commercial web-page: http://www.acustica-audio.com/index....art&Itemid=189
Ivory 3 Trial web-page:http://www.acustica-audio.com/index....art&Itemid=189

Operation Systems and Formats Supported:
• Supported operation systems: OS X and Windows.
• Supported plug-in formats: VST2, AAX, and AU.
• Supported architectures: 32 and 64-bits.

Price and availability:
• Ivory3 commercial version: €199.00
Special price at €179.10 (10%OFF) form MSRP price on first four weeks. Available as a digital download immediately after payment.
• Ivory3 trial version: free four week test license. Available as a digital download immediately after €0.00 payment.
Old 14th September 2017
Lives for gear

I hope it's rubbish so I don't have to buy it!
Old 14th September 2017
Lives for gear
Looks good, will demo in a month when the bugs are sorted out.
Is the EQ backward compatible with the previous version?
Old 14th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemusic View Post
Is the EQ backward compatible with the previous version?
Nope, they resampled it. You could manually match settings but you can't load it up in old projects since it has a new plugin name/ID.
Old 14th September 2017
How to update from Ivory 2? Cant see naything on this?
Old 14th September 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingtheSound View Post
How to update from Ivory 2? Cant see naything on this?
Hi,
Ivory3 is FREE for Ivory2 owners!
best regards
Old 14th September 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaSupport View Post
Hi,
Ivory3 is FREE for Ivory2 owners!
best regards
Yes I know, and thank you so much for this btw!!
But technically, how you get the plugin+license? I cant see them on my account.
Old 14th September 2017
Lives for gear

it's still based on the old authorization
Old 14th September 2017
Ok got it! The download folder was still named Ivory 2, but the new plugins were in there; downloading right now!
Old 14th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaSupport View Post
Ivory3 is out! Discover our Dreamware Mastering Suite!

Our mission is to satisfy all customers and we believe that now Ebony can be the best choice without compromise to improve your sound.
Don't you mean Ivory??
Old 14th September 2017
Lives for gear

Yes... A typo
Old 14th September 2017
Lives for gear

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
Yes... A typo
If I purchase can you confirm that this would be a great start for me as a Mastering Engineer that I would get at least 50% of the Sound of Mastering hardware? I know your answer maybe try the demo but so far I have not been disappointed in any of my purchases. In other words at this point your confirmation will be all's I need. Like I said all of my purchases so far have been great.
Old 14th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak View Post
If I purchase can you confirm that this would be a great start for me as a Mastering Engineer that I would get at least 50% of the Sound of Mastering hardware? I know your answer maybe try the demo but so far I have not been disappointed in any of my purchases. In other words at this point your confirmation will be all's I need. Like I said all of my purchases so far have been great.
Sorry, I don't mean to be rude but your question is so vague that Zaphod may not even answer. And if he does, do you really think he's going to tell you no?? The best person to make this determination for you, is you. Download the demo and make your own assertion.
Old 15th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by profvonsok View Post
Sorry, I don't mean to be rude but your question is so vague that Zaphod may not even answer. And if he does, do you really think he's going to tell you no?? The best person to make this determination for you, is you. Download the demo and make your own assertion.
Well maybe I am dreaming but at one point we here at gearslutz we understood questions like that without annoying someone. The question was not even addressed to. So please excuse my emotion which was such a violation on your part that you felt it was so necessary for you to chime in. As they introduce each software they make plenty of statements which some call claims. I only asked a simple question and explained it clearly nothing vague. So you do mean to be very rude. You have a great day and what ever has ticked you off today really shouldn't be taken out on my questions that don't concern you.
Old 15th September 2017
Here for the gear
Quote:
Well maybe I am dreaming but at one point we here at gearslutz we understood questions like that without annoying someone. The question was not even addressed to. So please excuse my emotion which was such a violation on your part that you felt it was so necessary for you to chime in. As they introduce each software they make plenty of statements which some call claims. I only asked a simple question and explained it clearly nothing vague. So you do mean to be very rude. You have a great day and what ever has ticked you off today really shouldn't be taken out on my questions that don't concern you.
profvonsok is not being rude, he is giving you a good advise here, try it and make your own decision. It's all about your own taste, not someone elses.

Sometimes I ask the same to the waitress at the restaurant: -is this meal tasty? You think they will ever say no?
Old 15th September 2017
Lives for gear

Ivory 3 sounds bad. It did not turn me into Bob Ludwig. There, I hope you are happy. This silly statement is as useful as zaphod saying it sounds good LOL.
Old 15th September 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
If I purchase can you confirm that this would be a great start for me as a Mastering Engineer that I would get at least 50% of the Sound of Mastering hardware?
I am sorry to chime in here too, and I am also sorry for potentially being perceived as rude, but: this could easily be the most stupid question ever asked on GS.

On a more productive note, perhaps take that as a chance to critically challenge your basic knowledge and assumptions about audio production. That may give you a better start as a "Mastering Engineer" than a plugin purchase.
Old 15th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadYodeler View Post
I am sorry to chime in here too, and I am also sorry for potentially being perceived as rude, but: this could easily be the most stupid question ever asked on GS.

On a more productive note, perhaps take that as a chance to critically challenge your basic knowledge and assumptions about audio production. That may give you a better start as a "Mastering Engineer" than a plugin purchase.
Funny I checked some of your questions on other post and you really didn't seem too bright yourself. Again thank you for your energy.
Old 15th September 2017
Lives for gear

Really Sad how easily it becomes a battle of insults with people. Nothing wrong with being corrected but you always get these geniuses who seem to like to stir the pot and take things off of the subject. When I address a question It must be to the liking of those it was not addressed to really? Wow, I earn and spend my money on this software like everyone else. I can ask what I want as anyone else. Save your energy and insults for your creation and maybe you will do something that will impact the world greatly. I would really look forward to hearing it.
Old 15th September 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Funny I checked some of your questions on other post and you really didn't seem too bright yourself. Again thank you for your energy.
You are welcome! And good luck to you with your career as a mastering engineer, you will need it.
Old 15th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadYodeler View Post
You are welcome! And good luck to you with your career as a mastering engineer, you will need it.
Yeah you would know what I need keep Yodeling. Real Guru cheers!

Last edited by Atak; 15th September 2017 at 02:38 AM..
Old 15th September 2017
Lives for gear

I think it sounds GREAT did a Mid/Side thing on a drum kit and it Rocked most of all thanks for the FREE update I own alot of AA Plugs all most all of them and i was still thinking a small upgrade fee was coming THANKS AGAIN
Old 15th September 2017
Lives for gear

No problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by profvonsok View Post
I flew off the handle and should not have. Thank you for your input I just felt that these plugins have been so good that his word was good enough for me. There is the business side of things today where you have to watch what you say which has become very clear in this instance. You'll hear no more from me so we can get into the exciting things about this new plugin. Thank you my apologies to you.
Old 15th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah you would know what I need. Real Guru cheers!
Which goes exactly to the point.

It is your job to determine the tools you want for your work.

It's fine to have conversation about plugins, sounds, and the like ... but having a common reference can put substance into the discussion.

That means, DEMO the product of interest. That's why they are there.

Simply .... go into any of the 'Hardware' threads [a great one here on Mastering equipment]. You will find diversity and counter opinion throughout.

It is a personal decision.
Old 15th September 2017
guys, what about the plugins? Anyone tried them yet? I'm out of town atm and curious about how they sound. Will be able to try next week. Til that time... how do they sound? Thx
Old 15th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Which goes exactly to the point.

It is your job to determine the tools you want for your work.

It's fine to have conversation about plugins, sounds, and the like ... but having a common reference can put substance into the discussion.

That means, DEMO the product of interest. That's why they are there.

Simply .... go into any of the 'Hardware' threads [a great one here on Mastering equipment]. You will find diversity and counter opinion throughout

It is a personal decision.
I have gotten this quote in so many ways over and over again. I get it thank you no need for us to continue. What gives here? did I catch you guys on a bad day my goodness. I got it would love to move on or would that be a problem?
Old 15th September 2017
Gear Maniac

..and can anyone speak to the CPU hit (mac) versus Amethyst 3, which is also Core X?
Old 15th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
The models inspired to mastering hardware are nowadays extremely close. Mac3 should represent our best matched compressor: in a workshop we showed you could not hear differences in direct A/B comparison and sound nulled almost competely at all random settings. Our eq are considered very good matched, so I would say iae2 and iae3 behave like an hardware device.
Mac2 is derived from mac3, so it is not inspired to an existing device. Our dynamic eq approach is pretty unique, so I would say you cannot fund anything similar in the hardware or software domain.

I'm very curious about your comments about Mac3: sometimes they said our eq were good but our compressors were not so much better then algo compressors, I think this product should change a lot of opinions
Old 15th September 2017
Lives for gear

No brick wall limiter?
Old 15th September 2017
Deleted bc6012f
Quote:
What gives here? did I catch you guys on a bad day my goodness. I got it would love to move on or would that be a problem?
Man i think they overreacted but they provided you with the right advice. I will repeat in other way: there is no right of wrong. You use tools which align with your own music and your own taste and hearing sensibilities - which gives you great option: Try product for yourself under your own workflow and your music. Then decide is it worth it or not. Proceed according to that.

Maybe this will help (kinda short review - hyped one because i can not believe what i am hearing):

I was never fan of multi dynamic compressors let alone EQ (sorry just personal thing nothing more) so i did not even tried multiband stuff. And i will not. But..

Forgiveness and transparency of Ivory Compressor (not the multiband one) on Master Bus is nothing short of amazing and it works amazingly well with electronic music (808,909,lalala) and filter detector makes it actually so unreal.

Honestly i was never expecting that i could get more musical energy and loudness from my mixes without sacrificing dynamics until now. Wow what the hell?!? This thing is icing the cake?!!

Ivory EQ - talk about controlled i mean REALLY controlled boosts or cuts on your Master Bus! Warm and goey sound this EQ delivers it. Boosting high frequencies does not provide you with ear rape it just like open music and it goes out from your speakers. Like there is another sound stage which was hidden until now.

I could not care less for multiband stuff in this package - just compressor and mastering EQ are worth the price alone.

There you have it.

But please try it on your own and then decide. Maybe you will like it. Maybe Equilibrium or FabFilter will suit you better. You simply have to try it and decide.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search