The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Devil Technologies DTouch for Cubase/Nuendo V1.3: a revolutionary Update!
Old 22nd August 2017
Gear Addict

Devil Technologies DTouch for Cubase/Nuendo V1.3: a revolutionary Update!

Devil Technologies proudly announces the upgrade to version 1.3 of DTouch for Cubase and DTouch for Nuendo.
This is the most revolutionary update since the initial release!

New features:

Improvements to the Floating Mixer:
The DTouch Floating Mixer gives you a completely independent view on Cubendo Tracks, with fully customizable width, height, and accessory parameters view, through the use of a GUI inherited from the DTouch Matrix Window.
DTouch provides up to 10 different Floating Mixers, each one with astonishing features like split mixers and linked mixers.
You can place the DTouch Floating Mixers wherever you want on your screens and, if you are using Windows 8 or later, you can even touch them simultaneously on different screens!

Customizable Channel Strips:
The DTouch Integrated and Floating Mixer Channel Strips are completely customizable, choosing from three different Strip Types and adding or moving Channel Strip Buttons as you like! There are 10 presets available to save your customized Channel Strip View.

Surround Panner:
DTouch provides a DTouch Panner which helps you setting easily and quickly the surround panning of the track whose Channel Editor is currently opened: it has some unique features like Delta positioning and Zones.

Incorporated DFader Mode:
DTouch incorporates all the features of another great application from Devil Technologies: DFader.
DFader Control Mode changes the way you use your External Controller: it lets you act on any GUI element with a physical fader or knob in order to get a more precise control and feeling.

DTouch VST Connector Plug-In:
A new DTouch component, the DTouch VST Connector Plug-In, provides a unique feature to DTouch: the ability to save Cubendo Project-related DTouch preferences.
This means that you can customize DTouch differently for each Cubendo Project and have DTouch load different settings for different Cubendo Projects!
DTouch can store some of its preferences in Global storage or in Cubendo Project storage.
This allows DTouch to better pair with a single Cubendo Project, letting you decide DTouch windows positions, button placement and functions, and many other settings, in a per-Cubendo-Project manner.
Seamless integration of DTouch in Cubendo!

And ... last but not least, the greatest news: the new "LITE" mode!
Now DTouch can easily be started in two different modes: FULL and LITE.
The LITE Mode is a new DTouch behavior which removes all the previous DTouch requirements on screen size and External Controllers: you are free to use any screen you like and any External Controller directly connected to Cubendo. With this mode there is no integrated DTouch Mixer (although the Floating Mixer is still available) and no dedicated MIX and PROJECT windows. In addition, DTouch will not perform any alignment on the Cubendo windows, leaving them as they are.

In details:

The FULL Mode is the well-known standard DTouch behavior: it provides an integrated view with the Cubendo Mix and Project windows, "supercharging" your DAW. It automatically aligns the Cubendo windows, allowing you to swap from the MIX and the PROJECT view.
The FULL Mode is more integrated with Cubendo and includes:
- Integrated Mixer in the Cubendo Mix Window
- Mix and Edit Toolbars
- Automatic alignment of Cubendo Windows to Primary and Secondary screen

These features are provided at the price of more requirements:
- The Primary screen MUST have a native resolution of exactly 1920×1080, without using any Scaling Factor in Windows
- You cannot connect other External Controllers to Cubendo other than DTouch
- You cannot use Cubendo Workspaces
- You cannot use Cubendo Visibility Zones
- You are forced to use some default Cubendo Colors
- You are forced to use some Windows Taskbar settings
- We suggest a screen size of 27" and greater, for ergonomic reasons

DTouch LITE Mode has less features: it doesn't have the Integrated Mixer, nor Mix and Edit Toolbars; it doesn't perform any alignment on the Cubendo windows. It relies solely on the Floating Mixers for operating on Cubendo Tracks.
In the Floating Mixers you cannot acquire Track Colors, nor select multiple Tracks. Anyway, the Floating Mixers are powerful, very reactive and have a very fast scroll feature.
The LITE Mode is a new working mode, designed to make DTouch available for a broader range of users.
This loosens the DTouch requirements:
- It can run on screens of any resolution
- You can use any Screen Scaling Factor in Windows
- Your existing External Controller can be left connected to Cubendo, so you can use any HUI, Mackie Control and EUCON controller.
- You are allowed to use Cubendo Workspaces
- You are allowed to use Cubendo Visibility Zones
- You are free to use custom Cubendo Colors
- You are free to place the Windows Taskbar wherever you like
- You are free to use any screen size, including 24", 23", 21", and so on.

You can choose the working mode that best suits your needs, balancing features and requirements.

Supported Cubase and Nuendo Versions:

DTouch for Cubase supports Cubase 7.5, Cubase Pro 8 and Cubase Pro 8.5, in both the 32 and 64 bit versions; DTouch supports Cubase Pro 9.
Steinberg Cubase Artist is NOT supported.
Steinberg Cubase Elements is NOT supported.
DTouch for Nuendo supports Nuendo 7 and 7.1, in both the 32 and 64 bit versions; DTouch supports Nuendo 8.
Previous versions of Nuendo are NOT supported.
Steinberg Nuendo live is NOT supported.

Supported Operating System versions:

You need Microsoft Windows 7 (all editions), Windows 8 (all editions) or Windows 10 (all editions) to run DTouch.
Previous versions of Microsoft Windows are NOT supported.
We recommend using Windows 8 or Windows 10 in order to get a better touch experience. These operating systems provide better touch support.

FAQ: "Will there be an OS X version of DTouch for Cubendo?"
ANSWER: our developers are doing their best to support the Mac users. At the moment, we have no estimation date for a product release.

This is a very important update with a lot of improvements. The new LITE Mode is one of the most important ones. If you have tested DTouch in past and you want to check this new version with a new trial license, contact us by E-Mail!

If you are a Cubendo user and if you want to enable the touch control of your preferred DAW, DTouch is definitely the most advanced tool available on the market.

You can buy a Full License on our Web-Store.
You can ask for a Limited-Features Time-Limited Trial version of DTouch here.

The product web-pages are available here.

Devil Technologies Users Forum
Old 25th August 2017
Lives for gear

Great news! Thanks for the hard work and candid information!
Old 7th December 2017
Gear Addict

F a n t a s t i c

(i.m.h.o.)

Last edited by wavewalker; 7th December 2017 at 12:05 PM..
Old 8th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavewalker View Post

F a n t a s t i c

(i.m.h.o.)
After the Cubase 9.5 update, the Dtouch Full Mode is no more. So no more integrated mixer, just the lite version now which will become the Standard.
Old 8th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_Hawk View Post
After the Cubase 9.5 update, the Dtouch Full Mode is no more. So no more integrated mixer, just the lite version now which will become the Standard.
This goes to show that both DTouch and Raven can be extremely cool and powerful tools but that they are often ultimately at the mercy of what the DAW programmers decide to do.

Both DTouch and Raven use some clever programming to elegantly dance around the limitations of the DAW’s lack of of multitouch support, limited control protocol and other limitations.
Any update can potentially break a functionality the DTouch or Raven programmers have invested a lot of time into.

I think it is important that all the DAWs at least get some basic multitouch support that will make tools like DTouch and Raven less dependent on workarounds.

That said, it would be good if that is done by some good standard.

As it stands, I find that Win 8.1 and Studio One’s respective touch implementations, for example, are a bad joke and were obviously just slapped on for bragging rights.
The touch driver of DTouch for Mac beats both of them in many ways.

I wish DTouch and Raven developers good luck in programming great solutions but I also wish them (and all of us) a break that involves some thurough standardisation of touch implementation in DAWs. Nothing limiting like HUI. Something open, elegant and powerful for now AND the future.
Old 8th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ufo~ View Post
This goes to show that both DTouch and Raven can be extremely cool and powerful tools but that they are often ultimately at the mercy of what the DAW programmers decide to do.

Both DTouch and Raven use some clever programming to elegantly dance around the limitations of the DAW’s lack of of multitouch support, limited control protocol and other limitations.
Any update can potentially break a functionality the DTouch or Raven programmers have invested a lot of time into.

I think it is important that all the DAWs at least get some basic multitouch support that will make tools like DTouch and Raven less dependent on workarounds.

That said, it would be good if that is done by some good standard.

As it stands, I find that Win 8.1 and Studio One’s respective touch implementations, for example, are a bad joke and were obviously just slapped on for bragging rights.
The touch driver of DTouch for Mac beats both of them in many ways.

I wish DTouch and Raven developers good luck in programming great solutions but I also wish them (and all of us) a break that involves some thurough standardisation of touch implementation in DAWs. Nothing limiting like HUI. Something open, elegant and powerful for now AND the future.
Well said ufo. Although the Cubase 9.5 newest features are welcome I have no problem working in 9. I'll probably have both installed and slowly work on moving over my macros to the lite version...start Building tool bars, ect as time permits. I've always been good with adapting to constant change.
And looking forward to the "Something open, elegant and powerful for now AND the future."
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search