The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mastering The Mix releases REFERENCE - Mix referencing plugin
Old 8th August 2017
News Desk Editor

Mastering The Mix releases REFERENCE - Mix referencing plugin

Mastering The Mix releases REFERENCE - Mix referencing plugin-reference.jpg

A few words from Mastering The Mix:
Ever felt your mix didn’t sound as good as your reference tracks? It can be frustrating not knowing exactly how to get your music comparable to your favourite mixes. That’s why we at Mastering The Mix created REFERENCE. It’s packed with powerful tools and never seen before insights to help you get closer than ever to the sound of your favourite music.

Key Features Overview:
• Compare your mix or master to up to 20 reference tracks.
• The powerful Level Match tool allows you to instantly and accurately match the loudness of your track and your references. This is crucial for a fair comparison.
• Add, remove and solo bands in the Trinity Display to zone in on the intricate differences between your mix and your references.
• The Level Lines in the Trinity Display tells you how much perceived volume that frequency band has compared to the same frequency band in your reference track.
• The Stereo Spread in the Trinity Display displays the stereo width of both your original track and your reference in each frequency band.
• The Punch Dots in the Trinity Display will tell you how the short-term dynamic range of your track compares to the short-term dynamic range of your reference in each frequency band..
• The time-saving Auto Align button identifies if you have different versions of the same song and lines them up automatically, so you can seamlessly switch between them.
• The Wave Transport allows you to create multiple loops so you can quickly compare various sections of your track to your reference.
• Sharp retina display with resizable window as well as compact mode.
• Easy to set up, with user-friendly, non technical controls. Interactive tool tips can be activated in settings for more information.

Free Trial: 15 Days. No Credit Card Details Required
Price (inc VAT): £49

Link : https://www.masteringthemix.com/products/reference
Attached Thumbnails
Mastering The Mix releases REFERENCE - Mix referencing plugin-auto-align-tool.gif   Mastering The Mix releases REFERENCE - Mix referencing plugin-compact-view.jpg   Mastering The Mix releases REFERENCE - Mix referencing plugin-level-match-tool.jpg   Mastering The Mix releases REFERENCE - Mix referencing plugin-reference.jpg   Mastering The Mix releases REFERENCE - Mix referencing plugin-trinity-display-infographic.png  

Mastering The Mix releases REFERENCE - Mix referencing plugin-wave-transport.jpg  
Old 8th August 2017
Lives for gear

Damn... this thing looks good! I shall try it immediately!
Old 8th August 2017
Lives for gear
Really enjoying using this so far. I set up 4 matched refs very quickly. NO lags when switching between any of them including my mix.
I'll dive into this more today. I have a usual way I set up my refs but impressed by it that I might purchase.

At any rate congrats on the release. I know many are really going to like this & find it useful.
Old 8th August 2017
Lives for gear

Hmmmm, wonder how this 'compares' () with Sample AB
Old 8th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Biffro View Post
Hmmmm, wonder how this 'compares' () with Sample AB
This one got the multi band soloing. pretty handy to compare the bottom
Old 8th August 2017
Gear Addict
Cool but I wish it had .aiff support as well...
Old 8th August 2017
Lives for gear

Looks like a great plugin! What kind of audio files does like for the Referance tracks? I like to use iTunes tracks tracks when I use the AB plugin.
Old 8th August 2017
Lives for gear

GREAT looking product - any chance of making a superdeluxe combo plugin REFERENCE LEVELS? I'd always rather have one window open than two

(Excuse the terrible youtube screenshot photoshop )
Attached Thumbnails
Mastering The Mix releases REFERENCE - Mix referencing plugin-screen-shot-2017-08-08-9.21.49-am.jpg  
Old 8th August 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemusic View Post
Still some funky behavior going on but I really like this. Just tried saving presets, new instances loads them up including any audio files automatically. A major selling point for me.
Gotta love those presets!!

If you experience any issues at all please get in touch and do what we can... heres our support link:

https://www.masteringthemix.com/pages/software-support
Old 9th August 2017
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasteringtheMix View Post
Gotta love those presets!!

If you experience any issues at all please get in touch and do what we can... heres our support link:

Any plans of adding .aiff support?
Old 9th August 2017
Is there a way to manually sync the DAW mix with the reference track the way there is in Magic AB2? I have a song in PT that has about 5 seconds of pre-roll the bounced version doesn't have, but the sync button in Reference never stops moving even after an entire playthrough. Doesn't turn to an X either.

If I recall, Magic AB2 lets you adjust up to 10 seconds either direction manually.

Either auto sync has to work 100% of the time or there has to be a manual option for the times it doesn't.
Old 9th August 2017
Congratz on this new crazy product!!! A game changer for Mastering guys!!
Old 9th August 2017
Lives for gear

Looks like a great tool for mixing with pink noise.
Old 9th August 2017
Gear Nut

nice, but I think MCompare has more potential and flexibilty
Old 9th August 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoc View Post
nice, but I think MCompare has more potential and flexibilty
Not sure they can be compared; I can't see multibands LUFS and multibands compression compared to other tracks in Mcompare.

That's a truly innovative plugin right here, with up to five freqs bands to compare the compression+levels of your track to up to 20 other ref tracks, which can be auto aligned, looped, and level matched... That's just crazy useful to me!
Old 9th August 2017
Lives for gear

Sample Magic AB set the bar.... I think they have ideas for features like the extra ones here too...

I love AB and hope they update again.

This looks good to go soon though, aiff support and any bugs squished.

Never tried MCompare.

Zz.
Old 9th August 2017
Gear Addict
As a MCompare owner, I must say this looks like a fantastic plugin. Have watched the entire walkthrough video, very elegantly designed and great feature set. Really like the work of this new developer even though I haven't yet purchased this or Levels. There hasn't been a better time in pluginland.
Old 9th August 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
VST2 x64 crash or freeze Cubase 9 & Sonar Plat

EDIT- VST3 works with SONAR, still Cubase freezes up.
Used VST2 X64 with Reaper. It ended up more than doubling cpu usage in a large project and made all changes using the mouse extremely slow. Guess it is the same problem as with Cubase (which I also have), only because Reaper can handle much more tracks than Cubase, Reaper didn't freeze but only got very slow. My guess.

Other than that, what I did try was very interesting before things got strange. Comparing different frequency ranges with reference music looks like a very useful feature.
Old 9th August 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombuur View Post
Used VST2 X64 with Reaper. It ended up more than doubling cpu usage in a large project and made all changes using the mouse extremely slow. Guess it is the same problem as with Cubase (which I also have), only because Reaper can handle much more tracks than Cubase, Reaper didn't freeze but only got very slow. My guess.

Other than that, what I did try was very interesting before things got strange. Comparing different frequency ranges with reference music looks like a very useful feature.
Yes, my only critique is the high cpu usage, even when just inserting w/o running transport-idle.
Happens here using Cubase, Sonar & StudioOne. I tried different plugin makes & types in my projects & it's Reference causing it.
Dev please take note & see if you can tweak.
Old 10th August 2017
Gear Nut

ok, I was wrong about MCompare being better (more flexible yes but reference is very very cool). Haven t tried yet on a busy project but dron what I m reading the cpu hit could be a major down. Are the devs aware? Could we knkw if it s something that can be fixed in the near future or not?
Old 10th August 2017
Lives for gear

Interesting plugin concept.

Testing the demo, I did get a crash with Reaper on a Win-7, 64-bit system when I tried to LOOP a reference track.
Old 10th August 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Yes, my only critique is the high cpu usage, even when just inserting w/o running transport-idle.
Happens here using Cubase, Sonar & StudioOne. I tried different plugin makes & types in my projects & it's Reference causing it.
Dev please take note & see if you can tweak.
We're working on squishing a few final bugs and improving the CPU. We'll have an update ASAP. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Anyone looking for direct customer support (whether you've purchased or not) can contact us here: https://www.masteringthemix.com/pages/software-support

All information on CPU issues and crashes help us diagnose the issues and fix them efficiently.
Old 10th August 2017
Gear Maniac

Haven't had a chance to download the demo, but am curious to hear more comments/reviews. This seems interesting and useful. The lack of .aiff support seems a little strange given the popularity of that format.
Old 11th August 2017
Gear Nut

(For the DEVS): pretty stable on reaper/sierra it crashes if I remove a track then add a new one and click on the loop section.
Hope this helps
Old 11th August 2017
Gear Addict
Weird now importing .aif is working. I'm sorry. I'm not sure what I did wrong the other day but seems it does support it so now I can test it I guess :D
Old 11th August 2017
Here for the gear

cpu spiking

I love the concept of this plugin but it plays havoc in studio one 3 , with hardly anything on the master bus it becomes unusable, i use sample magic A/B and theres no problem so its the reference plugin causing the problems.
Old 11th August 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by troymuss View Post
I love the concept of this plugin but it plays havoc in studio one 3 , with hardly anything on the master bus it becomes unusable, i use sample magic A/B and theres no problem so its the reference plugin causing the problems.
Thanks...my purchase will have to wait until this is fixed...
Old 11th August 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoc View Post
(For the DEVS): pretty stable on reaper/sierra it crashes if I remove a track then add a new one and click on the loop section.
Hope this helps
All info is helpful, thank you If you could submit the information to link below we can address the bug more efficiently and get REFERENCE stable on your machine. We just need a little more info such as computer make and model and DAW version.

Thanks again!

Old 11th August 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by axembler View Post
Thanks...my purchase will have to wait until this is fixed...
We'll be announcing an update shortly with a fix to these issues. You can sign up to the free trial to get a notification of the update
Old 11th August 2017
Gear Addict
Will we see any bundle of levels+reference?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search