The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DDMF Metaplugin v3
Old 13th July 2017
Lives for gear

DDMF Metaplugin v3

Built-in bit-bridging at loads more!!

News of the day: Metaplugin v3 has been released!
Old 13th July 2017
Here for the gear

Will definitely get this, it looks great for lush delay networks and feedback paths (if it allows it). I highly recommend their 6144 EQ as well .
Old 13th July 2017
Lives for gear
Wow. This looks amazing.
Old 13th July 2017 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberoot Audio View Post
Will definitely get this, it looks great for lush delay networks and feedback paths (if it allows it). I highly recommend their 6144 EQ as well .
It doesn't allow feedback paths, I'm afraid... been meaning to release a dedicated "Meta-Delay" for some time now but it needs a different internal architecture so it took more time than expected.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdued View Post
It doesn't allow feedback paths, I'm afraid... been meaning to release a dedicated "Meta-Delay" for some time now but it needs a different internal architecture so it took more time than expected.
No problem, that sounds great. Thank you for the reply!
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberoot Audio View Post
I highly recommend their 6144 EQ as well .
Thanks for mentioning! It sounds beautifully smooth indeed. It may become my go-to.

I only wished the demo wouldn't produce this horrid hissing sound every few seconds. When evaluating a plugin, one listens very carefully to the most subtle detail... Every time the hiss kicked in, I almost fell off my chair. I think Voxengo does it right: Their plugins mute every few seconds when in demo mode.
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Hi, first let me say Thank You for the continued development of Metaplugin. I use it practically every day.

I upgraded to V3, however, I am experiencing some issues. There are crashes in Logic. I have sent you three crash reports.

I mostly use MetapluginSynth. One of the scenarios I use it for is raising pitch by one octave (mostly in AU format) via the oversampling option. There is no other plugin on Mac that can do this, AFAIK. Now with V3, when I click the oversampling button once, the number 2 appears but there is no change to pitch. When I click again, the number 4 appears but pitch goes up by only one octave. When I save the project, close and reopen, the pitch is 4 times higher than normal. So, there seems to be a bug.
Old 14th July 2017
Gear Addict

+1 for the Meta Delay idea.
Old 14th July 2017 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
Hi, first let me say Thank You for the continued development of Metaplugin. I use it practically every day.

I upgraded to V3, however, I am experiencing some issues. There are crashes in Logic. I have sent you three crash reports.

I mostly use MetapluginSynth. One of the scenarios I use it for is raising pitch by one octave (mostly in AU format) via the oversampling option. There is no other plugin on Mac that can do this, AFAIK. Now with V3, when I click the oversampling button once, the number 2 appears but there is no change to pitch. When I click again, the number 4 appears but pitch goes up by only one octave. When I save the project, close and reopen, the pitch is 4 times higher than normal. So, there seems to be a bug.
Wait whuuuut?

When I use the (brilliant) oversampling option in Metaplugin, pitch doesn't change at all. It's not supposed to.

Is there a particular plugin that does this when you switch? Does it still do it if you reload that preset or patch after changing the oversampling rate? Because that's not an intended behavior I'm pretty sure...
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomuse View Post

When I use the (brilliant) oversampling option in Metaplugin, pitch doesn't change at all. It's not supposed to.
It does with virtual instruments. It also behaved this way with V2. It is extremely useful for pitching up instruments by one octave while avoiding typical artefacts, such as warble or delay. In fact, I wished one could also pitch down by one or two octaves, that would be a killer feature.

Somebody recently posted a video of a sampling aficionado who prefers hardware samplers over, say, Kontakt, since - and that's his explanation, not mine - hardware apparently employs pitch-shifting by changing sample rates. This results in a different, "better" sound. There might be enough creative potential in there for a separate, dedicated plugin...
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
It does with virtual instruments. It also behaved this way with V2. It is extremely useful for pitching up instruments by one octave while avoiding typical artefacts, such as warble or delay. In fact, I wished one could also pitch down by one or two octaves, that would be a killer feature.

Somebody recently posted a video of a sampling aficionado who prefers hardware samplers over, say, Kontakt, since - and that's his explanation, not mine - hardware apparently employs pitch-shifting by changing sample rates. This results in a different, "better" sound. There might be enough creative potential in there for a separate, dedicated plugin...
I cannot confirm this with v3... that's in LogicX? Could you please specify which instrument this occurs with?
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
I cannot confirm this with v3... that's in LogicX? Could you please specify which instrument this occurs with?
It seems I stumbled upon a feature that was never meant to be there in the first place, am I right..?

The pitch-shifting only works with Waves plugins, of which I have the Electric 200 and Grand Rhapsody. I only need up-sampling for the Electric 200 atm, which is what I tried it with. I assumed that all VIs will be pitched up, but that - sadly - doesn't seem to be the case. I tried with different VIs such as Sylenth1, but nothing happened.

With MetapluginSynth V2 and Electric 200 the pitch-shifting occurs reliably, but I cannot save the setting (if I do and reopen the project, the tuning is stuck at the original setting and cannot be altered anymore). So, I have to save without up-sampling and reengage it after loading the project.

If this makes sense..?
Old 14th July 2017
Lives for gear

32bit bridge is very edgy... sometimes the interface don't stretch well... sometimes presets won't show, and if they do show they are unselectable...
Old 15th July 2017
Lives for gear

Anyone know if I can use this to run 64bit plugs in 32bit Pro Tools? I thought I read that JBridge can do that? Was hoping Meta could too.
Old 15th July 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchhare View Post
Anyone know if I can use this to run 64bit plugs in 32bit Pro Tools? I thought I read that JBridge can do that? Was hoping Meta could too.
Yes, as long as you run a 64-bit OS. You should really just update PT to 64-bit and use Metaplugin to load plugins not available in 64-bit AAX format.
Old 18th July 2017 | Show parent
ukm
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tan View Post
32bit bridge is very edgy... sometimes the interface don't stretch well... sometimes presets won't show, and if they do show they are unselectable...
Same experience here.
Old 27th July 2017
Lives for gear

After testing the bit bridging over several days I've noticed it can work well for regular vst's, but for VI's with midi (in 32bit) it seems to either not support vst instruments that generate midi.
I'm very interested in this plugin, if it works with midi then I think I'd be sold. Great demo btw.
Old 27th July 2017
Lives for gear

Trying out the demo. Crashes Cubase every time I try to open the interface of a 32bit mda-vst plugin in 64bit host. Loads it ok... but don't know if it's working. The few other 32bit plugs I tried are working.

Demo limitation appears to also include having to rescan plugins every time. That's incredibly annoying when plugins crash the host and you have to start over. Takes maybe 10 mintues to rescan my plugs.

Playing around with this more. Doesn't pass along any midi controller info besides note on/off? That seems not right. I see that I could somehow setup the parameter 1-100 thing to pass along info if I could figure out how to translate midi data into parameter automation. Even if I could... for every midi controller parameter? Can't be right.

*Edit: It does send midi controller info to vsti plugs, just not vst3 instruments.

Doesn't correctly pass along host BPM info... at least to the 32bit plugs I tried.

Last edited by VitaEtMusica; 28th July 2017 at 12:06 AM..
Old 30th July 2017
Lives for gear

Does anyone know how to access the side-chain input inside Metaplugin? No such thing as a side-chain input filter to add anywhere.
Old 9th August 2017
I had a few issues with the initial release, emailed DDMF and received a new beta release the next day (that fixed the issue). It's working great here (OSX Lion PT9HD using jBridge for 64 bit VST).

The M/S utility is really great. Used it with UAD's Massive Passive
Old 12th August 2017
I can't seem to get it to find a 32 bit version of Miraslav Philharmonik that I'd like to open in 64 bit PT.

Any trick that isn't readily apparent?
Old 12th August 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmission View Post
I can't seem to get it to find a 32 bit version of Miraslav Philharmonik that I'd like to open in 64 bit PT.

Any trick that isn't readily apparent?
The newest free version of SampleTank 3 can open that 32-bit Miroslav library.
Old 12th August 2017 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 View Post
The newest free version of SampleTank 3 can open that 32-bit Miroslav library.
Thanks very much.
Old 22nd August 2017
Lives for gear

I recently enjoyed the oversampling feature. Maybe something further for the concept could be to have more control of this. Individual for plugins and maybe the option to undersample? Airwindows has some plugins which operate with the concept of where samplerate has a direct correlation to EQ frequencies... that might be something to try.
Another feature that might be nice is for the generic plugin GUI, the option to type values in (can't here). Anyways very good plugin and recent update.

Last edited by wakestyle; 22nd August 2017 at 02:46 AM..
Old 13th September 2017
Lives for gear

update: In recent version support has addressed my concerns of Metasynth in Cubase, now it works as expected with 4 stereo busses available for routing (much the same as Kontakt does).

Quote:
One issue I have with Cubase (which I don't yet have a work around or solution for) is when using Metasynth in Cubase.
It seems that the Instrument defaults to surround, which seems to force Cubase to change the whole Mixer's Panning to Surround Mode.
Anyone have experience with this using Cubase?
Other instruments like Kontakt give the option to assign the number of outputs, Metasynth doesn't have that.
?
TIA

Last edited by wakestyle; 5th January 2018 at 10:14 PM..
Old 14th February 2020
Gear Addict

I think the plugin got updated fairly recently, now there's oversampling up to 8x (previous max was 4x).
Old 8th March 2020
Gear Nut

How do you handle mono sources with this plugin? The audio input always has an L and R option. Do I just choose one side or the other?
Old 8th March 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeg70888 View Post
How do you handle mono sources with this plugin? The audio input always has an L and R option. Do I just choose one side or the other?
Route L and R into the mono input.
Old 23rd March 2020
Lives for gear
A plugin search feature and missing plugin search dialogue would be most welcome additions! Please consider this, Christian... I would pay for these features.
Old 23rd March 2020
Gear Addict

Yes, a search field would be very helpful.
📝 Reply