The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
TDR Limiter 6 GE - Tokyo Dawn Records
Old 6th July 2017
Here for the gear

TDR Limiter 6 GE - Tokyo Dawn Records

TDR Limiter 6 GE is a modern dynamics compression and limiting toolkit featuring six specialized modules that can be arranged in variable order. Together, they cover a remarkable range of applications from delicate loudness control, to brutal “brick-walling” and creative mix bus crunching.

TDR Limiter 6 GE | Tokyo Dawn Records

Modules

Dynamics Compressor
Clipper
High Frequency Limiter
Peak Limiter
Output Protection Limiter
True Peak and EBU Loudness Meter
Each module offers dedicated control over different types of events, from macro to micro, and allows you to determine the signal path. Combined wisely they can greatly increase the perceived loudness of a mix while preserving superior musical fidelity, punch, and excitement.

With its appealing visual aesthetic, the advanced true peak and EBU R128 compliant loudness metering section gives a detailed insight into the signal’s dynamics. The equal loudness bypass will also make sure the operators’ aural perception isn’t tricked from any loudness differences.

A collection of sensible starting points allows for quick, yet precise loudness maximization. If needed, a wide range of options offer endless creative possibilities for getting that optimal setting. Going further, Limiter 6 also enables the operator to build his personal take loudness maximization, bus processing and much more.

TDR Limiter 6 GE | Tokyo Dawn Records

Price 50 Euro

Old 6th July 2017
Lives for gear

Looks great! I'm sure it will sound great also.
Old 6th July 2017
Deleted User
I own other great limiters but Limiter 6 GE is now my go-to limiter. Not only it sounds great but it has more options/flexibility than my other limiters and that's one of the reasons I can make more with Limiter 6 GE.

It's a perfect plugin: great sound + powerful controls and tons of flexibility/options.
Old 6th July 2017
Gear Maniac

There we go.
Old 7th July 2017
Lives for gear

Rad. I bought it because I love everything you guys do. Is there any way to unlink the stereo per module? For instance I always run my limiter 100% unlinked. Also, I know its lame but it would be nice to have a simple flat TPDF dither in it.
Old 7th July 2017
Gear Maniac

I downloaded the installer for Windows and all went well. But the plugin doesn't appear in my plugin folder in Pro Tools 12.7.1. I re-installed it and all should be ok (it is in my OS plugin folder as AXX plugin with all my plugin installation). But when I open PT, I can't find it.

I am trying it as a demo installation. Is it only me?
Old 7th July 2017
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
Rad. I bought it because I love everything you guys do. Is there any way to unlink the stereo per module? For instance I always run my limiter 100% unlinked. Also, I know its lame but it would be nice to have a simple flat TPDF dither in it.
No, you can however unlink them in M/S.

However, unlinking in L/R is a nice feature, I'll also request it in the beta forum to see if it's possible to add that in the future.
Old 7th July 2017
Lives for gear

+1 for totally unlinked stereo in Limiter not for transients only.
Would be nice to have unlinked stereo for Compressor like option in future update.
Old 7th July 2017
Lives for gear

sounds as great as it looks!

How it remains the punch of drums...phenomenal!

Last edited by filterfreak; 7th July 2017 at 10:26 AM..
Old 7th July 2017
Deleted 691ca21
Fab
Old 7th July 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
Rad. I bought it because I love everything you guys do. Is there any way to unlink the stereo per module?
Compressor is 100% linked.

Peak limiter is unlinked for short-time events and linked for long-time events.
HF limiter is unlinked (in "rel." mode the relative HF level detector is linked though)
Clipper and ISP limiter are unlinked.

In M/S mode M and S are unlinked for all modules.

In stereo mode you can check both needles on the meters. They represent L & R and usually their position differ a bit.
Old 7th July 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by goshalev View Post
+1 for totally unlinked stereo in Limiter not for transients only.
Would be nice to have unlinked stereo for Compressor like option in future update.
Yes, it's possible. Why not? I see the simplest solution: Alt+Click on stereo/MS icon changes it to "unlinked stereo". DSP for each module already supports unlinked mode (used for M/S mode) so it's the change on UI side only.
Old 7th July 2017
Here for the gear

Just out of curiosity and as irrelevant as it sounds, is there a reason for the clipper and peak limiter modules being in a lighter shade of gray compared to all others? Looks sort of strange, as when you select something on screen and it highlights by changing its color to a lighter shade.

Anyway, awesome stuff. The wait was killing me
Old 7th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladg View Post
Yes, it's possible. Why not? I see the simplest solution: Alt+Click on stereo/MS icon changes it to "unlinked stereo". DSP for each module already supports unlinked mode (used for M/S mode) so it's the change on UI side only.
Good news.
Old 7th July 2017
Here for the gear

Sounds and looks great as expected. Absolutely love the compressor's sigma setting, it especially sounds good when you slam it and mix it in a little . LF clip feature gave me a surprising amount of headroom too.
Old 7th July 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niowiad View Post
Just out of curiosity and as irrelevant as it sounds, is there a reason for the clipper and peak limiter modules being in a lighter shade of gray compared to all others? Looks sort of strange, as when you select something on screen and it highlights by changing its color to a lighter shade.
Probably because for usual module order (compressor, peak limiter, HF limiter, clipper, output) you have dark-light-dark-light-dark visual separation?
Old 7th July 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Probably because for usual module order (compressor, peak limiter, HF limiter, clipper, output) you have dark-light-dark-light-dark visual separation?
Yes as it is common practice for even/odd lines and columns situations.
The thing is, being able to freely rearrange the order of modules (or suppress them) easily messes up that nice visual separation.

Not a big deal really, thank you guys for your work
Old 7th July 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
My man! Congrats on the release.

Straight insta buy.

I have a few days off of work and 2 or 3 songs I need to look at again. Perfect timing.
Old 7th July 2017
Lives for gear

Instant buy! Congratulations to TDR and the team, one of the best companies out there (if not the best!) at any price range.
I've just read the manual - very well organised and enlightened.
For typical reasons I will install the demo and on Monday I'm gonna give the bucks (euros actually) with all my pleasure.
Old 7th July 2017
Lives for gear
I believe demo does not save settings, keep that in mind
Old 7th July 2017
Gear Maniac

I join the "Instant Buy" army as well as fanboy area. what a wonderful tool with such a generous price. Sonnox would charge around 999bux for such gem
Old 7th July 2017
Gear Head

The demo version can't be opened in Logic 9 (10.6.8) All other TDR plugins I use work well though, including SlickEQ M and SlickEq GE to name a couple.

Best!
Old 7th July 2017
Lives for gear

Awesome! Now all that's left is the customary video by Mr Worrall .
Old 7th July 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warns View Post
The demo version can't be opened in Logic 9 (10.6.8) All other TDR plugins I use work well though, including SlickEQ M and SlickEq GE to name a couple.
Unfortunately we stopped support of Mac OS X 10.6. Starting from DeEdger plugin Mac OS X 10.7 or greater is required.
Old 8th July 2017
Is this more transparent than the free version ?
Old 8th July 2017
Gear Maniac

I downloaded the demo, and then the 30 page User Manual.

I read the manual and then -even before installing the demo- went back and bought this gem.

Fifty Eypo's well spent.

A word to the wise; although the temptation is very real, you may not want -or even need- to use all modules at the same time. This beastie loves (craves, devours, hogs, Bogeys, has-for-breakfast-lunch-&-dinner) CPU cycles.

T
Old 8th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
That is what the demo is for. Try before you buy!
Old 8th July 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niowiad View Post
Yes as it is common practice for even/odd lines and columns situations.
The thing is, being able to freely rearrange the order of modules (or suppress them) easily messes up that nice visual separation.

Not a big deal really, thank you guys for your work
It's really just a way to relax an otherwise too boring structure and give some sort of feel of distinction over the module order. All without creating too much distraction.

In any way, it has no deeper meaning.
Old 8th July 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
IMHO, yes. But still very fat and crunchy. Much like the original lim6, matured a few years.

Last edited by FabienTDR; 8th July 2017 at 04:24 AM..
Old 8th July 2017
Here for the gear

Great sounding (rock) limiter! where most limiters start to break this one continues to ELEVEN and still sounds full, combined with the clipper offcourse.

However, as someone has already mentioned, I'm really missing a dither option, I'm not a fan of adding another plugin just for something basic as dithering. So far that is the only deal breaker for me, and I can imagine for others aswell.
Regarding the GR meters, they look great but I find them not very effective in regards to readouts, the semi-radial view makes them un-intuitive to read. Perhaps using the Kotelnikov GR metering full length on each module as an option (please )

As usual with TDL products there is alot of processing power required, however compared to other limiters I find this justified considering the resulting sound.

(recently i bought a 4k screen, and your plugins don't appear to scale, is there an option to make the plugin bigger? Bear in mind I'm using Studio One that supports native scaling)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search