The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Acon Digital Releases Acoustica 7 for Mac and PC
Old 10th June 2018
Gear Addict

Thanks for such beautiful, lightweight and thorough and the same time product!

I have few questions.
1) Windows integration: currently i have to manually adjust file types to make Acoustica my default wav, flac etc. editor in Windows. Is there plans to add default file types functionality in preferences ?
2) When i open more than one audio file (3-5 etc) from Windows 10 explorer, by pressing "open" or Enter button (while Acoustica is set by default audio editor), Acoustica opens less files. Say from 5 files it may open 4 or just one.. But if i start Acoustica before this, and let it open in background, it will always open all files i select in explorer. So it's kinda "cold-start" issue i suppose. Please test bug at your side.
3) Currently i can't open 64-bit wav files. Hope support will be implemented someday.
Old 11th June 2018
Gear Addict

Hi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
Thanks for such beautiful, lightweight and thorough and the same time product!
Thanks for the kind words!

Quote:
I have few questions.
1) Windows integration: currently i have to manually adjust file types to make Acoustica my default wav, flac etc. editor in Windows. Is there plans to add default file types functionality in preferences ?
This is not planned at the time being since users can easily set this up in Windows if they wish. From earlier experience, some users also react very allergic to this kind of interference.

Quote:
2) When i open more than one audio file (3-5 etc) from Windows 10 explorer, by pressing "open" or Enter button (while Acoustica is set by default audio editor), Acoustica opens less files. Say from 5 files it may open 4 or just one.. But if i start Acoustica before this, and let it open in background, it will always open all files i select in explorer. So it's kinda "cold-start" issue i suppose. Please test bug at your side.
Thanks for the report. I can confirm the issue. There seems to be a race condition since Windows tries open multiple instances of Acoustica, one for each file. This actually seems to be an issue with the cross-platform library we use, so it might be a bit tricky to fix, but we'll do our best.

Quote:
3) Currently i can't open 64-bit wav files. Hope support will be implemented someday.
I'm afraid 64 bit is a bit ambiguous. I assume you mean RF64 support? That's already built into the upcoming v7.1. Acoustica should already support WAVE64 and 64 bit floating point import.

Best,
Stian
Old 11th June 2018
Gear Addict

Thanks for fast and detailed response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saagedal View Post
From earlier experience, some users also react very allergic to this kind of interference.
Totally agree.

Quote:
I assume you mean RF64 support? That's already built into the upcoming v7.1. Acoustica
Yes, exactly.

Quote:
This actually seems to be an issue with the cross-platform library we use, so it might be a bit tricky to fix, but we'll do our best.
Good news! Hope you'll squash the bug ASAP.

Last edited by ceejay; 11th June 2018 at 01:38 PM..
Old 11th June 2018
Gear Addict

One more thing I forgot to mention:
Please consider the option to switch off startup splash-screen, to speedup app start performance.
Old 12th June 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
One more thing I forgot to mention:
Please consider the option to switch off startup splash-screen, to speedup app start performance.
Unfortunately, I don't think that will shorten the start-up time. The splash screen is displayed while the application is initializing (audio I/O, loading settings, etc.) and it would be unresponsive anyway. The time it takes to show the splash is actually neglectable on a modern computer.

Best,
Stian
Old 9th August 2018
Gear Addict

Stian, please investigate an issue with CraveDSP EQ (especially in linear phase mode) and Acustica Audio plugins, i have dropouts, fades, glitch bugs at the start of processed audio, after applying FX.
Old 13th August 2018
Gear Addict

Hi!
Quote:
Stian, please investigate an issue with CraveDSP EQ (especially in linear phase mode) and Acustica Audio plugins, i have dropouts, fades, glitch bugs at the start of processed audio, after applying FX.
We're actually in contact with Acustica Audio regarding some issues with their plug-ins in Acoustica. I don't get any glitches on my computer, but the latency reported by the plug-ins don't seem to match the actual latency (which causes the audio to shift in time).

I also tested the linear phase mode in CraveDSP EQ. That seems to be an error in the plug-in and I don't think there's much we can do about it. Considering the powerful EQ included in Acoustica, it might not be that critical, I suppose?

Best,
Stian
Old 13th August 2018
Gear Addict

Thanks Stian.
Glitches i meant - is in resulting processed audio (dropouts etc.) caused by latency incompatibility i suppose.
Realtime processing has no glitches.
Old 13th August 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Thanks Stian.
Glitches i meant - is in resulting processed audio (dropouts etc.) caused by latency incompatibility i suppose.
Realtime processing has no glitches.
Okay, I see! The CraveDSP EQ output is strange in the beginning when using linear phase mode, so there seems to be more than just the latency. I don't think we're to blame in either case, though. Hopefully, we'll find the culprit at least with the Acustica plug-ins.

Best,
Stian
Old 11th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Hi!

Thanks for the interest! Acoustica Premium Edition 7 contains the full versions of the processors available in Restoration Suite (as well as Equalize and Verberate). The only caveat is that these are only available inside Acoustica and not as plug-ins in third party applications.

Best,
Stian
Not anymore. I did end up purchasing this (Premium) in 2017, and just installed the 7.1 update which now has a ton of plugins-including the restoration tools- for independent use in our 3rd party DAW, in my case Reaper. YAY!

Acoustica 7 is a wonderful program, both powerful and easy to use, and has easygoing, righteous CP. And now it's even better, so I just wanted to bump this thread to say thank you Stian!.

I don't miss my old audio editor at all.
Old 11th October 2018
Gear Addict

Hi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
Not anymore. I did end up purchasing this (Premium) in 2017, and just installed the 7.1 update which now has a ton of plugins-including the restoration tools- for independent use in our 3rd party DAW, in my case Reaper. YAY!

Acoustica 7 is a wonderful program, both powerful and easy to use, and has easygoing, righteous CP. And now it's even better, so I just wanted to bump this thread to say thank you Stian!.

I don't miss my old audio editor at all.
Thank you very much for the kind words!

For those who might be subscribed to this thread, there's a new thread with the 7.1 product announcement here: Acon Digital Releases Acoustica 7.1 with Extensive Plug-in Collection

Best,
Stian
Old 28th December 2018
I recently came back to Acoustica 7.1 after being away from the program for a long time and I have to say I am very impressed with the program and the PLUG-INS.
I just used it on a mastering project and found it easy to use and the plug-in all work great and sound great as well. Highly recommended. If you have not tried it there is a 30 day free trial on line. Please let me know what you think of the program.
Old 2nd January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
I recently came back to Acoustica 7.1 after being away from the program for a long time and I have to say I am very impressed with the program and the PLUG-INS.
I just used it on a mastering project and found it easy to use and the plug-in all work great and sound great as well. Highly recommended. If you have not tried it there is a 30 day free trial on line. Please let me know what you think of the program.
Thanks for the kind words, Thomas!

Best,
Stian
Old 4th April 2019
Lives for gear
Acoustica's plugin scan can be quite picky with VST plugins. I'm currently failing to get it to initialise Brainworx BX Opto and Soundtheory Gullfoss.
Old 4th April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
Acoustica's plugin scan can be quite picky with VST plugins. I'm currently failing to get it to initialise Brainworx BX Opto and Soundtheory Gullfoss.
Oh, I wasn't aware of that and I'll check it. Is that Windows or Mac?

Best,
Stian
Old 4th April 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Oh, I wasn't aware of that and I'll check it. Is that Windows or Mac?

Best,
Stian
On Win 10.
Old 5th April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
On Win 10.
Thanks! I tried the demo of Gullfoss and the VST was loaded without problems in Acoustica. Did you check the VST installation directory? Gullfoss seems to default to "C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins" and Acoustica loads from "C:\Program Files\VstPlugins" per default.

Best,
Stian
Old 7th April 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Thanks! I tried the demo of Gullfoss and the VST was loaded without problems in Acoustica. Did you check the VST installation directory? Gullfoss seems to default to "C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins" and Acoustica loads from "C:\Program Files\VstPlugins" per default.

Best,
Stian
Ok I've tried and sent a PM with more details.
Old 8th April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Ok I've tried and sent a PM with more details.
Thanks! This might have to do with the maximum plug-in validation time. I've sent a PM.

Best,
Stian
Old 3rd May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Hi Stian,

I'm having the same problem with 3 plug-ins from Plugin Alliance:

- ADPTR Audio MetricAB
- Unfiltered Audio SpecOps
- Unfiltered Audio Zip

The maximum plug-in validation time in the Acoustica7.xml file is set to 30 seconds:

<MAXVALIDATIONTIME Value="30.000000"/>

Both the VST2 and VST3 versions of these plug-ins are Deactivated after failing to initialise correctly when i use the Plug-in Manager of Acoustica 7.1.16 (Win 64-bit).

When i try to load the plug-ins, when using Blue Cat's PatchWork as a VST host inside Acoustica, Acoustica crashes.

When using the standalone version of Blue Cat's PatchWork they load fine.
In Studio One 4 there's no problem either.

I hope it is possible to improve the speed of the plug-in scanner inside the Plug-in Manager in a future update.
It takes 70 seconds to Scan for changes where Studio One 4 only needs 5 seconds to do the job. In both cases they scanned an unchanged situation.
And Rescan all takes about 5 minutes...

My system:
Intel i7-3770K, 16GB RAM.
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 (October 2018 Update) 64-bit.
Only 64-bit plug-ins installed (VST2 and VST3).
Old 21st May 2019
Here for the gear

2 More plug-ins from Plugin Alliance (bought today) that can't be scanned by Acoustica 7:

- Unfiltered Audio Instant Delay
- Unfiltered Audio Sandman Pro

Of over a 150 plug-ins i have installed it can't scan:

- ADPTR Audio MetricAB
- Unfiltered Audio SpecOps
- Unfiltered Audio Zip

Acoustica looks to have a problem scanning Unfiltered Audio plug-ins from Plugin Alliance and the one and only plugin from ADPTR Audio.
No problems detected with the other Plugin Alliance brands (Black Box Analog Design, Brainworx, DS Audio, elysia, Mäag Audio, Millennia and SPL).
Not all Unfiltered Audio plug-ins are blacklisted after scanning, these work fine:

- Unfiltered Audio BYOME
- Unfiltered Audio Dent 2
- Unfiltered Audio Fault
- Unfiltered Audio Indent 2

Also tried a few complete scans with only these 5 plug-ins in the VST2 and VST3 folders, but with the same results.
Only once it succeeded to scan the VST2 version of Unfiltered Audio Zip, but the next complete scan it was blacklisted again.

I made 30-40 complete scans and scan for changes, but i can't get them to work in Acoustica 7.
Hopefully this can be fixed because i think Acoustica 7 is a great piece of software that fulfils all my audio editing wishes.
Old 22nd May 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanopoly View Post
2 More plug-ins from Plugin Alliance (bought today) that can't be scanned by Acoustica 7:

I'm sorry for the slow response. I can confirm that these don't pass validation in Acoustica. We'll look into it -- hopefully there's an easy fix.

Quote:
Hopefully this can be fixed because i think Acoustica 7 is a great piece of software that fulfils all my audio editing wishes.
Thanks, I'm very glad to hear that!

Best,
Stian
Old 9th June 2019
Here for the gear

All 5 plug-ins were updated at Plugin Alliance and run fine through the scanning process of Acoustica now.

So it wasn't an error in Acoustica after all, as i'm still using the same v7.1.16 release.

My apologies for assuming Acoustica was the culprit .

I didn't expect so many plug-ins were containing bugs, although it is remarkable they're all Plugin Alliance related.
And because they loaded fine in Studio One, it seemed logical to me there was something wrong inside Acoustica.

Great, this mystery has been solved, thank you for your time Stian!
Old 11th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
All 5 plug-ins were updated at Plugin Alliance and run fine through the scanning process of Acoustica now.

So it wasn't an error in Acoustica after all, as i'm still using the same v7.1.16 release.

My apologies for assuming Acoustica was the culprit .

I didn't expect so many plug-ins were containing bugs, although it is remarkable they're all Plugin Alliance related.
And because they loaded fine in Studio One, it seemed logical to me there was something wrong inside Acoustica.

Great, this mystery has been solved, thank you for your time Stian!
Thanks for the update, that's great to hear!

Best,
Stian
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search