The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ample Sound releases Guitar Riffer (v2.5 update) - Guitars 20% Off DAW Software
Old 17th June 2017
Gear Maniac

Ample Sound releases Guitar Riffer (v2.5 update) - Guitars 20% Off

Ample Sound has released free updates of version 2.5 for all nine of its virtual guitars.

The updates include a new module, Riffer, a riff generator featuring MIDI edit of stringed instruments, multiple formats conversion, automatic riff creation, etc. The initial update includes 500 classic riffs. The Guitar Riffer has improved vastly based on Bass Riffer, adding Strum and Multi-Measures features.

String Roll – original notation of stringed instrument

Riffer uses the notation invented by Ample Sound – String Roll. Traditional tab can only write quantized MIDI. It only records fingering without directly showing important information such as pitch, velocity and so on. While a Piano Roll can show MIDI in good detail, it cannot avoid using keyswitches and MIDI controller for fingering, articulation, expression of stringed instruments, resulting in messy notation.

String Roll preserves the composing details of MIDI while it can clearly show fingering, articulation, expression, and even noise in string performances. Every note has 8 attributes - pitch, velocity, length, off velocity, articulation, legato, vibrato and bend, with which the user can make a delicate lick.

The line represents guitar string. Text on the notes represents pitch, Color represents velocity, and length represents duration. Four independent attributes - articulation, legato, vibrato, bend - are shown as icons above. Additionally, any noise including fret buzz, finger slapping or any other special performing skills could be written on the FX-line, which is below the guitar strings.

Information shown on the notes can be changed to various parameters such as pitch, fret, pitch + fret, velocity, duration, off velocity.

The user can easily use the graphic curve above to create a bend. Pitch wheel messages generated by this can also be used for bend in other virtual instruments.

Swing, Velocity Humanization, Velocity Proportion and other real-time parameters can give controllable humanization for quantized MIDI notes.

Strum Feature

Strum Note can control each note in the chord, and other 8 properties including Chord Root, Chord Type, Chord Position, Articulation, Legato, Strum Time, Velocity, Strum Mode. The change of Strum Note will be applied to all notes in the chord. Strummer could make strum quickly even for live play in real time, but Riffer can realize almost all articulations in real playing and conveniently play solo and arpeggio between the strums.

Dice - Automatic Composing

Select the Density of notes, key, chord, range of velocity, click the dice and a main riff will be created. It is not simply a random algorithm, it summarizes the rules of scale and groove of different styles through analyzing a great collection of music scores.

The Guitar Dice uses different logic from the one in Bass Riffer.

Multiple Formats Conversion

Users can write and compose in Riffer, then directly drag the riff to a MIDI track. Every fingering, articulation, and expression will be automatically converted to MIDI keyswitch and controller. Riffer humanizations can also be included in MIDI.

The user can also import their own MIDI files and tabs into Riffer without any loss (fromtab to riff).

The Guitar Riffer made a substantial upgrade in the accuracy of format conversion, reproduction of details, compatibility and so on.

Other news in 2.5 Update:

Add Half Mute sample group in Ample Metal Eclipse library, Users need to install the full installer to upgrade.
New Tab Player UI, adding Tab to Riff feature.
Add 15 chord types in Strummer.

Update Celebration Event

All nine Ample Guitars are 20% off until July 16th for both single products and bundles.
amplesound.net

Old 17th June 2017
Lives for gear
Excellent- thanks for these updates!
Old 18th June 2017
Here for the gear

I'm absolutely loving the Riffer! It's a huge time saver, very inspirational What I would like to see is an option to lasso several notes to drag them to a different string or to adjust velocity of several notes at the same time. Also I'd like to have the possibility to copy several bars from the Tab window to the Riffer Maybe in a future update?
Old 1st July 2017
Gear Maniac

Thank you guys for the comments!

Just a reminder...

-Ample Guitar 20% off until July 16th: amplesound.net

-Don't forget to update your Ample Sound's product if you want to take advantage of Riffer : amplesound.net

-Last but not least, if you want to try our latest product, Ample Ethno Ukulele (AEU), you can download the full trial here: amplesound.net

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!

Old 1st July 2017
Gear Maniac

Robot orchestra is playing. Sorry, not for me.
Old 2nd July 2017
Lives for gear

Jason, glad u posted. I have been sending
emails to [email protected], and
also to you, but they are coming back
as "error - undelivered". Is there something
wrong with your ISP?

My questions were regarding Ample
AGTC II.

Last edited by Dave Polich; 3rd July 2017 at 04:32 AM..
Old 2nd July 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Polich View Post
Jason, glad u posted. I have been sending
emails to [email protected], and
also to you, but they are coming back
as "error - undelivered". Is there something
wrong with your ISP?

My questions were regarding Ample
AGTC II.

Dave I have sent you a PM , please reply to me.
Old 2nd July 2017
Gear Maniac

Please make sure that it was sent to [email protected]

not [email protected]

Old 13th July 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Morin View Post
Please make sure that it was sent to [email protected]

not [email protected]

Hello, I got most of your VIs and they are the best on the market.

I have a question though, I was recently experimenting with Reason 9.5 and whenever I initiate for example AGTaylor without no other plugin and run the riff module ... I can hear some pops and clicks regardless the buffer size ... I have a Mac Pro Late 2013 6 core and an apogee symphony thunderbolt .. so I guess it's probably a bug or something ?
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search