The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Neve 5088 now on website
Old 22nd March 2007
Lives for gear

Neve 5088 now on website

Neve releases all the info on the new 5088 console
Still no REAL photos, but I'm sure they will come shortly.
Looks like it could be a winner...
http://rupertneve.com/products/5088/
Old 22nd March 2007
Gear Addict

Looks great
Old 22nd March 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobtwiddler View Post
Looks like it could be a winner...
http://rupertneve.com/products/5088/
I don't know.

$32K for 16 channels with no EQ's or automation is stretching it if you ask me...even if its Rupert Neve.
Old 22nd March 2007
Lives for gear

Yikes! Is that the list or street? Either way it seems steep.

I think there's still a hole in the market that no manufacturer has yet to address at a reasonable price level. I'm talking about the guy that is using a DAW as the center of his small studio and doesn't need a full featured monitoring, cue mix section, or fancy metering, because his converters, sound card routing software, and Hearback System are already accomplishing that. Really this guy just wants some faders, panpots, and routing switches that can control either the DAW mixer or analog signals (he has a bunch of outboard compressors) depending on where the source is coming from. Maybe there would be provisions to drop in some EQ or Aux send modules on each channel. Everything could be digitally controlled for easy recall. Some kind of master section would to insert outboard compressors or EQ's on the 2-bus. Is this too much to ask for in 2007? Does this have to cost $32k or $90k? I want to see something that allows us to really integrate analog hardware with our DAW software. The DAW manufacturers need to team up with some hardware guys and work out something clever. What a "console" is needs to be rethought from the ground up for those of us that have hybrid setups.

Anyway...back to reality I guess...

Brad
Old 26th March 2007
Lives for gear
Looks like a killer design and very clever indeed! It's actually brilliant. Would have been nice to include some stereo channels though.
Old 2nd April 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethrillfactor View Post
I don't know.

$32K for 16 channels with no EQ's or automation is stretching it if you ask me...even if its Rupert Neve.
I agree that is silly money for a mixer w/out eq
Old 2nd April 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethrillfactor View Post
I don't know.

Wow, that's a lot indeed. Where is that price quoted, didn't see it on the website at once?
Old 2nd April 2007
Lives for gear

Yes, details please...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search