The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
IK Multimedia announces Syntronik - The legendary synth powerhouse for Mac/PC
Old 25th May 2017
News Desk Editor

IK Multimedia announces Syntronik - The legendary synth powerhouse for Mac/PC

IK Multimedia announces Syntronik - The legendary synth powerhouse for Mac/PC-syntronik_main_image_matrix_10.jpg

IK Multimedia is proud to introduce SyntronikTM, the new cutting-edge virtual synthesizer for Mac/PC, which will be available in July 2017 and is now open for pre-order. Syntronik raises the bar in virtual instrument technology, sound quality and flexibility thanks to a brand new combination of the most advanced sampling techniques with a new hybrid sample and modeling synthesis engine, an arsenal of high- quality modeled effects and innovative instrument features that provide players and producers with the ultimate and best-sounding collection of vintage synthesizers to date.

A breakthrough in the world of virtual synthesizers
Syntronik includes 17 amazing instruments, available as a collection or separately, with over 2,000 preset sounds covering a wide selection from 38 of the most iconic to ultra-rare and painstakingly multi-sampled vintage synthesizers. Syntronik's synthesis engine goes well beyond traditional sampling thanks to a brand new analog modeled filter section built with the highest expertise from IK, the pioneer in virtual circuit modeling. This is coupled with the new exclusive DRIFTTM technology to accurately reproduce the behavior of oscillators from real hardware synths. All of this combined with an effects section that is unrivaled in the world of virtual instruments along with advanced features like 4-part layers, splits and arpeggiators make Syntronik the ultimate source of inspiration with the widest palette of synthesizer sounds ranging from exact reproductions of the originals to sounds never heard before that will stand out from the crowd in productions covering any genre and style.

Capturing the synthesizer DNA of a collector's dream

IK Multimedia has spared no effort in crafting an instrument that provides the highest standard of sound quality. Only the best synthesizer models have been sourced from private collections and carefully selected prior to being meticulously multi-sampled using the most advanced techniques developed by the IK team to ensure that the authentic character of the originals is captured and reproduced down to the tiniest nuance. 70,000 individual samples and 50 GB of extreme-quality sounds later, Syntronik is ready to set a new standard in the world of virtual instruments.

The 38 instruments included in Syntronik are: Modular Moog, Minimoog Model D, Moog Voyager, Moog Taurus I, Moog Taurus II, Moog Taurus 3, Polymoog, Moog Opus 3, Moog Rogue, Realistic Concertmate MG-1, Multimoog, Micromoog, Moog Prodigy, Sequential Circuits Prophet-5, Sequential Circuits Prophet-10, ARP 2600, Oberheim SEM, Oberheim OB-X, Oberheim OB-Xa, Yamaha CS-80, Yamaha GX-1, Yamaha CS-01II, Yamaha SY99, Roland Juno-60, Roland Jupiter-8, Roland Jupiter-6, Roland Jupiter-4, Roland JX-10, Roland JX-8P, Roland JX-3P, Roland TB-303 Bassline, Alesis Andromeda, PPG Wave 2.3, ARP String Ensemble, Elka Rhapsody 490, Hohner String Performer, Roland RS-505 Paraphonic, Roland RS-09 Organ/Strings.

IK Multimedia announces Syntronik - The legendary synth powerhouse for Mac/PC-screen-shot-2017-05-25-14.55.47.jpg

Hybrid Synthesis Architecture
IK Multimedia developed a new synthesis engine for Syntronik that models 4 of the best sounding analog filters of all time: Moog transistor ladder, (found in the Minimoog and Modular Moog), Roland's IR3109 chip (found in the Jupiter-8 and Juno-60), the famous Curtis CEM3320 chip (found in the Prophet-5, Oberheim OB-Xa and Memorymoog) and the Oberheim SEM state variable filter. This hybrid architecture allows for pristine reproduction of the most critical section of every synthesizer. Plus, every filter is selectable within each included synthesizer, enabling users to create their own combinations by mixing or matching at will - like using a Moog filter with Oberheim oscillators - to produce sounds beyond imagination. Syntronik also provides powerful digital filters like Formant and Phase filters that can take the analog source oscillators into other dimensions for modern timbral exploration.

New DRIFTTM Technology

When it comes to accurately reproducing the real sound of vintage synthesizers, sampling their oscillators is the only way to ensure truly authentic results. IK developers have worked tirelessly to capture multiple round robins of single oscillators as well as oscillator combinations (including sync and FM sweeps). Syntronik also includes a new DRIFT algorithm that breathes more life into the sampled oscillators themselves. Typically sample-based synthesizers have the limitation of having always the same exact sample attack, something that does not happen in their true hardware counterparts. IK's DRIFT technology varies the phase, color and pitch of the sampled oscillators to keep them moving just like the real analog oscillators do. Much more than simple detuning or even multiple-source modulation, DRIFT emulates the way real analog circuits behave over time. The result is the organic, living sound of analog that is the start of any classic synthesis chain.

4-part layering and arpeggiators
Syntronik's streamlined interface allows for quick layering and combining of up to 4 different synthesizer parts, quick mapping and playing sounds simultaneously as well as creating advanced splits for maximum flexibility and performance. In addition to this, each synthesizer part features a powerful note and chord arpeggiator with its own assignable range and settings as well as the ability to store all information for instant recall, enabling users to build complex rhythmic textures and sequences in a snap.

An arsenal of effects
Syntronik comes with 38 high-quality effects derived from IK's world-class T-RackS mix and mastering suite and AmpliTube guitar workstation plus new effects like the new Ensemble Chorus and vintage analog Channel Strip. 5 effects can be simultaneously inserted on every instrument via an attractive "lunchbox- style" interface that allows for immediate visualization and editing of every parameter from a single screen.

SampleTank-ready
Syntronik's sounds can be opened seamlessly in SampleTank 3 allowing them to be used together with the ever-growing number of acoustic and electronic instruments included in the industry-standard sound and groove workstation, to build complete soundtracks for any style of music.

Pricing and availability
Syntronik is expected to ship in July 2017, and will be priced at $/€299.99* with a crossgrade version available for $/€199.99 (eligible to any registered IK users with a purchase of $/€99.99 or greater).
The 17 instruments comprising Syntronik will also be available separately for $/€49.99 each upon release.

Syntronik can be pre-ordered now at a special 50% discount introductory price of only €/$149.99 with crossgrade for as low as only €/$99.99.
* All prices excluding taxes

For more information, please visit:
IK Multimedia | Syntronik
Attached Thumbnails
IK Multimedia announces Syntronik - The legendary synth powerhouse for Mac/PC-syntronik_main_image_matrix_10.jpg   IK Multimedia announces Syntronik - The legendary synth powerhouse for Mac/PC-screen-shot-2017-05-25-14.55.47.jpg  
Old 25th May 2017
Lives for gear
Looks impressively well thought out! Congrats!
Old 25th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedommer View Post
Looks impressively well thought out! Congrats!
Thanks! I appreciate the kind words.
Old 25th May 2017
Lives for gear
I have come to realize that I like a blend of VAs along with sample-based analog synth instruments in my songs. Will definitely check this one out.
Old 25th May 2017
Gear Nut

This looks absolutely phenomenal, and that intro price is amazing! Can't wait to check this out!!!
Old 25th May 2017
Lives for gear
@ Peter - IK
Two quick questions:
Does this instrument reuse any of the samples that were used in Sonik Synth 2?
Was it developed by Sonic Reality/Dave Kerzner?
Old 25th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 View Post
I have come to realize that I like a blend of VAs along with sample-based analog synth instruments in my songs. Will definitely check this one out.
Great! We definitely wanted to use this hybrid of very deep samples, analog-modeled filters, DRIFT™ technology, and more to offer the most authentic sound with the perfect flexibility. We found that a lot of users were looking for this combination, so we did our best to deliver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarchris1 View Post
This looks absolutely phenomenal, and that intro price is amazing! Can't wait to check this out!!!
Thanks for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 View Post
@ Peter - IK
Two quick questions:
Does this instrument reuse any of the samples that were used in Sonik Synth 2?
Was it developed by Sonic Reality/Dave Kerzner?
This does not reuse Sonik Synth 2 samples, nor is it a Sonic Reality product.
Old 25th May 2017
Gear Maniac

This defenetly appeals to the control freak in me.

Can't wait to test it out.
Old 25th May 2017
Gear Nut

This may be an ignorant question, but when you load the samples into Sample Tank, do you get the benefits of the Drift algorithm in there, or is it just the raw samples, and to get the analog vibe they have to be played out of Syntronik?
Old 25th May 2017
Lives for gear

this really sounds great!
Old 25th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarchris1 View Post
This may be an ignorant question, but when you load the samples into Sample Tank, do you get the benefits of the Drift algorithm in there, or is it just the raw samples, and to get the analog vibe they have to be played out of Syntronik?
SampleTank 3 will be updated to make sure its engine can accommodate the new filters, DRIFT™ technology, and more when you bring in the Syntronik sounds.
Old 25th May 2017
Gear Nut

Awesome! This'll really be a killer set up. Can't wait for July!
Old 26th May 2017
Lives for gear

Wow!. If this lives up to what's described here, it will be unbelievable!. Looking forward to it.
Old 26th May 2017
Lives for gear

Congratulations! Looks very exciting indeed. Arturia V Collection XL. Nice to see the Yamaha SY in there. I so regret selling mine!
Old 26th May 2017
Lives for gear

I use synths about once a decade, but dang... This looks great, peter. Just incredibly deep and well thought out. I hate that I'll have to buy this just to play Chameleon to amuse myself
Old 26th May 2017
Lives for gear

If this whoops Arturia's collection, I'm in!
Old 26th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
I use synths about once a decade, but dang... This looks great, peter. Just incredibly deep and well thought out. I hate that I'll have to buy this just to play Chameleon to amuse myself
I normally wouldn't even care about a software announcement like this, but MODO BASS did not disappoint. For that reason alone I'll definitely look into this product. IK is on a roll.
Old 26th May 2017
Lives for gear

Instant buy
Old 26th May 2017
Here for the gear

Looks like loads of content, but looking at screenshots of the UsI, I can't see any indication that there is any pulse width modulation (or cross modulation between oscs). Cross modulation was more unusual but I would say pwm is essential for a lot of bread and butter synth sounds from these iconic synths (the lack of a way of implementing this could be levelled at all sample based synths however, just hoping IK have found a clever workaround for this limitation in this instrument).
Old 26th May 2017
Gear Nut

This looks amazing! Can't wait to try it out. One question tho. It seems to me that it comes with 17 virtual instruments modeling 38 real instruments. Not too sure how that works but I'm guessing that means that they aren't 1:1 models. It also states that it comes with 4 different filters. Are those 4 filters on top of the filters already in the synths or just 4 type of filters for all the synths? Sorry if I'm being ignorant. The numbers are confusing me a bit.
Old 26th May 2017
Gear Addict

I don't get it.

How will you emulate Osc Sync, Oscillator audio-rate modulation, Cross and Ring-modulation and more importantly PWM with sampled oscillators? You cannot sample every possible interaction!?

Can you shed some light on that?
Old 26th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
I don't get it.

How will you emulate Osc Sync, Oscillator audio-rate modulation, Cross and Ring-modulation and more importantly PWM with sampled oscillators? You cannot sample every possible interaction!?

Can you shed some light on that?
My concern as well. I'm sure the sampling is top-notch and the filters are great, but it is simply impossible to do hard sync and cross-modulation with samples alone. Unless iK came up with a new way to achieve it.
Old 26th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Polich View Post
My concern as well. I'm sure the sampling is top-notch and the filters are great, but it is simply impossible to do hard sync and cross-modulation with samples alone. Unless iK came up with a new way to achieve it.
We certainly cannot (and did not) sample every possible interaction. But we sure sampled a lot of them to get the sounds you expect. Syntronik is not meant to be a ground-up sound design machine. It intended to be a very large - and realistic-sounding - collection of the most loved synth sounds that you can quickly edit for your specific musical needs.
Old 26th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfalcon1 View Post
This looks amazing! Can't wait to try it out. One question tho. It seems to me that it comes with 17 virtual instruments modeling 38 real instruments. Not too sure how that works but I'm guessing that means that they aren't 1:1 models. It also states that it comes with 4 different filters. Are those 4 filters on top of the filters already in the synths or just 4 type of filters for all the synths? Sorry if I'm being ignorant. The numbers are confusing me a bit.
They aren't models. The four analog-modeled filters are available to mix and match with the oscillators to allow for deeper flexibility, or you can use them "out of the box" as expected to be available in each of the applicable instruments.

Edit, adding the following from the Syntronik web page, please note there are also the digital filters mentioned (and if you peruse the GUIs you'll see there are different settings for some of the filters, etc, so it isn't just "one of four choices):

Quote:
In order to achieve highly flexible sound manipulation while maintaining the same exact sound of the original hardware, we evolved our synth engine to include circuit-level filter models of 4 of the best sounding machines of all time: Moog transistor ladder, (found in the Minimoog and Modular Moog), Roland's IR3109 chip (found in the Jupiter-8 and Juno-60), the famous Curtis CEM3320 chip (found in the Prophet-5, Oberheim OB-Xa and Memorymoog) and the Oberheim SEM state variable filter.

This hybrid architecture allows for a pristine reproduction of the most critical section of every synthesizer. Plus, every filter is selectable within each included synthesizer, enabling users to create their own combinations by mixing or matching at will, like using a Moog filter on an Oberheim oscillator to produce entirely new original sounds that stand out from the crowd! Syntronik also provides powerful digital filters like Formant and Phase filters that can take the analog source oscillators into new sonic dimensions.
As for the "17 instruments made up of 38 synths" part: Syntronik has a consistent control interface that is the same for all of the synths in the collection. Only the sound and look changes from synth to synth, but not the functionality. This is to provide a consistent user experience throughout the whole product so you have to learn 17 different synths.
Old 27th May 2017
Lives for gear

Can't wait, this looks just wonderful
Old 27th May 2017
Lives for gear

Hey Peter, why did IK make Syntronik 64bit OS only? Is there a plan for a 32bit plugin version? Some of us still use 32bit O/S, I seriously hope the next version of T-RackS is not 64bit only. I understand why sampletank and MODO were 64bit only cause of the heavy RAM use and need but I don't see why IK would make Syntronk that way unless IK just has a arbitrary 64bit policy for all plugins going forward now.

PS. This new Syntronik synth looks nice and beastly. I love the concept!
Old 27th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounddesigner View Post
I understand why sampletank and MODO were 64bit only cause of the heavy RAM use
MODO isn't sampled based/RAM heavy.
Old 27th May 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounddesigner View Post
Hey Peter, why did IK make Syntronik 64bit OS only? Is there a plan for a 32bit plugin version? Some of us still use 32bit O/S, I seriously hope the next version of T-RackS is not 64bit only. I understand why sampletank and MODO were 64bit only cause of the heavy RAM use and need but I don't see why IK would make Syntronk that way unless IK just has a arbitrary 64bit policy for all plugins going forward now.

PS. This new Syntronik synth looks nice and beastly. I love the concept!
I means seriously, why would any company do that in 2017? It's been like what. 7 years since all the daws went 64.
Old 27th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standstraight View Post
I means seriously, why would any company do that in 2017? It's been like what. 7 years since all the daws went 64.
Do I really have to say the obvious wich is that DAW makers, most plugin developers and Microsoft itself all still make 32bit apps? Come on man this shouldn't even be up for debate. Obviously most companies still offer 32bit alternatives for good reasons, many end-users still prefer 32bit this is why most companies still make it. Actually 32bit is EXTREMELY COMMON so I don't see the point of your comments. A short cursory look at the market would show there still is a market for 32bit that's why MANY companies still make 32bit versions. No offense but i shouldn't have to debate the obvious. I get it that you and many others prefer 64bit but lets not get into unnecessary political crusades that are truly unnecessary and strange. Plus I posted my question to Peter and it wasn't intended to bring nothing but the answer to my question from Peter. I'm very happy with 32bit and only wish a answer from Peter not another long unnecessary debate or lecture over my valid preferences and personal taste/choices. Its commonality is its own defense.

EDITED

Last edited by Sounddesigner; 27th May 2017 at 12:04 PM..
Old 27th May 2017
Lives for gear

For personal questions to Peter, send him a PM.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search