Old 15th May 2019
Stam Audio

🎧 10 years
Amazing

Thanks!!
Old 14th June 2019
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
It seems you have switched capsules on this mic. When did this happen? Why are you not using the D7 anymore?
Old 14th June 2019 | Show parent
Stam Audio

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviated ➡️
It seems you have switched capsules on this mic. When did this happen? Why are you not using the D7 anymore?
Because the D7 was manufactured by Heiserman for Dany and we do not work with them anymore for reasons explained previously.

We are working with 4 new providers of capsules and we will go with whatever sounds best and the closest to a vintage U47.
Old 16th June 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam Audio ➡️
Because the D7 was manufactured by Heiserman for Dany and we do not work with them anymore for reasons explained previously.

We are working with 4 new providers of capsules and we will go with whatever sounds best and the closest to a vintage U47.
When did this happen? I didn't see any reasons explained previously. What capsule is in mine? I received it in March 2019.
Old 16th June 2019 | Show parent
Stam Audio

🎧 10 years
Quote:
When did this happen? I didn't see any reasons explained previously. What capsule is in mine? I received it in March 2019.
All shipped SA47's had the D7 from Dany

All MK2 SA47's shipped from September onward will have a few upgrades to be revealed soon
Old 17th June 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:

All MK2 SA47's shipped from September onward will have a few upgrades to be revealed soon
Thank you for your response. I am really enjoying the microphone.
What is the reason for the change? Are there problems with the D7? What other changes will be made?
Old 17th June 2019 | Show parent
Stam Audio

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Thank you for your response. I am really enjoying the microphone.
What is the reason for the change? Are there problems with the D7? What other changes will be made?
A few upgrades
I have to test them thoroughly before announcing them
I need to make sure that my theory is correct and my ears are hearing the right thing ...

We might have found a combination that is even closer to an original 47, if not identical 100%, but we have to test and test until I am sure

This is my protocol with every Stam unit
Old 19th June 2019 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
A few upgrades
I have to test them thoroughly before announcing them
I need to make sure that my theory is correct and my ears are hearing the right thing ...

We might have found a combination that is even closer to an original 47, if not identical 100%, but we have to test and test until I am sure

This is my protocol with every Stam unit
I ordered a sa47 yesterday,and say Next Batch:November 2019

so will it be an upgrades version? MK2?

Thanks
Old 20th June 2019
Stam Audio

🎧 10 years
Yes sir!
Old 28th December 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
cutting some vocals tonight and I am loving this microphone! It sounds so good!!!!! don't know how to explain it but It's very nice. I can't compare it to an original as I don't have prior experience with a u47 but its sweet!!!!
Old 16th January 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Just ordered one on Reverb.com. SA47 owners out there still stoked on the sound?
Old 17th January 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Looking forward to hearing some samples of this mic on records.
Old 17th January 2021
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Ordered an SA-47 (MK II) Sept. 27, 2019, paid the final invoice Oct. 29, 2020 and got a FedEx tracking number Dec. 12, 2020, which hasn't had any movement on it yet. Are these still the features the current version is shipping with? "Telefunken-Siemens EF800 NOS tube, Braingasm Lab’s M7 capsule, and a AMI BV08 output transformer" - Stam site
Old 17th January 2021 | Show parent
Stam Audio

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by subspace ➡️
Ordered an SA-47 (MK II) Sept. 27, 2019, paid the final invoice Oct. 29, 2020 and got a FedEx tracking number Dec. 12, 2020, which hasn't had any movement on it yet. Are these still the features the current version is shipping with? "Telefunken-Siemens EF800 NOS tube, Braingasm Lab’s M7 capsule, and a AMI BV08 output transformer" - Stam site
Could you kindly PM your PayPal email?

I will check on this so it leaves this week to your place

Thank you

Josh
Old 18th January 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
The Reverb listing they've got up says they are K47 capsules but the website says M7, both indicate they are from Braingasm.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Could you kindly PM your PayPal email?

I will check on this so it leaves this week to your place

Thank you

Josh
Thanks Josh, arrived yesterday, sounds great so far!

Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Stam Audio

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Thanks Josh, arrived yesterday, sounds great so far!

Beautiful picture

Thank you sir, enjoy!
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbirge ➡️
The Reverb listing they've got up says they are K47 capsules but the website says M7, both indicate they are from Braingasm.
The website now says K47 as well, I assume that's what's in all the models shipped this January?
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
The website now says K47 as well, I assume that's what's in all the models shipped this January?
That's funny, my invoice for shipping en route they sent me says M7. The mystery deepens.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Mine arrived and after putting them up on the stands for some testing I have to say they sound real good. Like instant grin and "yeah that's the sound" good. Near as I can tell without taking off the head-basket the capsules are M7 variants, I don't see rim screws when I shine a flashlight through, and the invoice says M7. Pretty impressed so far, have to agree with the positive reviews of the mic. We'll see how I feel in a year but these are going to get used a lot around here.
Old 2 weeks ago
Stam Audio

🎧 10 years
Orders from the 1st of Feb onwards will go out with K47's as we are out of M7's until late March

The few mics left on reverb and on the site have K47's.

They sound almost identical
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam Audio;1528****
Orders from the 1st of Feb onwards will go out with K47's as we are out of M7's until late March

The few mics left on reverb and on the site have K47's.

They sound almost identical
Guess I got one of the last in stock M7s too, received it on January 25th.

Unfortunately the tube started sputtering a couple hours into use, I'll e-mail you Josh.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Hi, I just ordered a Mk I from a seller on Reverb. Were some of the Mk I's also Theirsch Blue Lines? The review on Amazona.de appeared to be a Thiersch. Would be interested to know which one is coming.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Shootout

Hey guys if you are interested I posted a shoot-out between an original 60's U48 (same as a U47 with a different polar pattern selection available) but they are all in cardioid.

Here is the link to the thread

Original U48 vs SA47 vs Slate U47

I'm amazed by the Stam, I hope this will help you guys too. My friend paid his vintage U48 close to 10k, and I think it's worth it every penny, but the Stam is holding pretty damn awesome.

They are about 20 short samples, all the mics shine on percussions, who knew, next time I'll track drums and percussions with a 47. For every instrument and vocals each one of them performed slightly different but really close, not audible differences on an iPhone for sure. Pick your favorite and feel free to guess in the comments, I'll reveal the results in a few days but feel free to PM me if you are dying to know.

I hope you'll find it useful.

Last edited by baslotto; 2 weeks ago at 10:40 AM..
📝 Reply