The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stam SA-47
Old 15th May 2019
  #181
Company Rep
Amazing

Thanks!!
Old 14th June 2019
  #182
Gear Maniac
 
Deviated's Avatar
 

It seems you have switched capsules on this mic. When did this happen? Why are you not using the D7 anymore?
Old 14th June 2019
  #183
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviated View Post
It seems you have switched capsules on this mic. When did this happen? Why are you not using the D7 anymore?
Because the D7 was manufactured by Heiserman for Dany and we do not work with them anymore for reasons explained previously.

We are working with 4 new providers of capsules and we will go with whatever sounds best and the closest to a vintage U47.
Old 16th June 2019
  #184
Gear Maniac
 
Deviated's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
Because the D7 was manufactured by Heiserman for Dany and we do not work with them anymore for reasons explained previously.

We are working with 4 new providers of capsules and we will go with whatever sounds best and the closest to a vintage U47.
When did this happen? I didn't see any reasons explained previously. What capsule is in mine? I received it in March 2019.
Old 16th June 2019
  #185
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviated View Post
When did this happen? I didn't see any reasons explained previously. What capsule is in mine? I received it in March 2019.
All shipped SA47's had the D7 from Dany

All MK2 SA47's shipped from September onward will have a few upgrades to be revealed soon
Old 17th June 2019
  #186
Gear Maniac
 
Deviated's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
All shipped SA47's had the D7 from Dany

All MK2 SA47's shipped from September onward will have a few upgrades to be revealed soon
Thank you for your response. I am really enjoying the microphone.
What is the reason for the change? Are there problems with the D7? What other changes will be made?
Old 17th June 2019
  #187
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviated View Post
Thank you for your response. I am really enjoying the microphone.
What is the reason for the change? Are there problems with the D7? What other changes will be made?
A few upgrades
I have to test them thoroughly before announcing them
I need to make sure that my theory is correct and my ears are hearing the right thing ...

We might have found a combination that is even closer to an original 47, if not identical 100%, but we have to test and test until I am sure

This is my protocol with every Stam unit
Old 19th June 2019
  #188
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
A few upgrades
I have to test them thoroughly before announcing them
I need to make sure that my theory is correct and my ears are hearing the right thing ...

We might have found a combination that is even closer to an original 47, if not identical 100%, but we have to test and test until I am sure

This is my protocol with every Stam unit
I ordered a sa47 yesterday,and say Next Batch:November 2019

so will it be an upgrades version? MK2?

Thanks
Old 20th June 2019
  #189
Company Rep
Yes sir!
Old 28th December 2019
  #190
Lives for gear
 

cutting some vocals tonight and I am loving this microphone! It sounds so good!!!!! don't know how to explain it but It's very nice. I can't compare it to an original as I don't have prior experience with a u47 but its sweet!!!!
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 98 views: 40963
Avatar for nst7
nst7 14th February 2014
replies: 2704 views: 394320
Avatar for Diogo C
Diogo C 30th October 2015
replies: 541 views: 58087
Avatar for ralphonz
ralphonz 4th June 2020
replies: 54 views: 14010
Avatar for NEWTON IN ORBIT
NEWTON IN ORBIT 7th August 2020
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump